Bomb Shelter HO-T5 and LED Perpetual Harvest Shelf Grow

Looking good!!:bravo::bravo: Those nugs are like medieval clubs they are HUGE you could beat someone over the head with those things and seriously injure them lol Keep it up:cheer::cheer: Those new girls you got flowering look crazy too, they have a wide area of pistils, gonna be a monster nug:yahoo::yahoo:

Hey guys! Update coming later tonight or tomorrow sometime. It has been a busy busy last few days!
Finally over this cold ive had though so that is great to be able to get back to work!
Tiny little snippet for everyone though. The ladies are coming down in group 1. Varied however, but they are coming down none the less..
I will give dry weights when they are.... dry.
but for now, here are the wet weights of 4 plants in group 1.
WET WEIGHT
Plant #1- 77g
plant #2- 67g
plant #3- 38g
plant #4- 89g
Total wet weight from 4- 271g so hopefully around 68 grams dry from these 4. Which if its the case. I am on my goal of around 14 grams per plant.
There are 7 more plants that need to come down in group 1, but 3 of those look like they need about 2 more weeks at least if not even longer.
But the other 5 as well as the 4 white berries will be coming down this week sometime. after two more flushes.

xlr8- thanks for stopping in! Definitely stick around!
paptater- rightback at you. this website is by far the most credible amongst the grow forums, as well as the best members!!
Anomoly- glad to see ya in here again! Yeah some of those nugs are seriously huge. One of the whiteberries colas is absolutely enormous. It got deleted because it was alcohol related, but was a picture i posted on the last page of the cola next to a jack daniels 5th bottle and was the same height. and its only getting fatter! Whooooooo

Hope all is well with you and your family glad you got over that cold sounds like you had a whole lot of trimmin going on over there :peacetwo:

Hey everyone. I have been absent for a while now, so there will be alot of catching up on peoples journals. But everything is ok and moving along nicely. I will do my best to update tonight with a bunch of pictures of buds and whats left in the garden. We have cut 17 plants total with the furthest ahead at day 8 cure.

WIth this first group coming to about a midway point. im starting to think about the next round. Which has had me taking alot of notes about what needs to change. Ive learned an immense amount during this grow and things that need to change for next round. Thank you to everyone following my journal and keeing journals of themselves. most of what i know is based from this site. So thank you everyone.

We have taken a halt in taking any more clones until we can change some things in order to make this garden more efficient.
So for next round some of the things that will be changing are-

the location of the carbon filter. with moving it to an unused corner of the top shelf, it will make much more room for my partner and I to stand and work, making it far more more comfortable to spend time in the garden.
With the design of this garden I was aiming to completely maximize the plant area, but by doing so, I made it too difficult to manage the plant numbers I had tried to take on as well as the space to move tools about the garden. (and i only used about half of the available room.) SO with this next round I will be moving things around to make more room for myself to maneuver.

Temperature control. The rumor about t5 fluorescent lights not being hot is not true. The temperature in the garden was and is our biggest issue. With summer now here, the temps have hit 100F more than once and usually hang out at about the 93-95F mark. We have had to stop using our co2 simply because the room temperature gets too high to have the fans turned off. For this next round an air conditioner will be a crucial piece of equipment. And have found a small 10kBTU portable unit for $175. Spending 6 hours in 95F in a enclosed room gets pretty tough.
With an a/c unit we will be able to drop the temps to a much more manageable degree, even dropping it lower at nights at the end to bring out more color. As well as generally raising the health of the plants in the garden.

Nutrients and ph. This was another big issue during this grow... I began getting rather intense yellowing/burning on some random parts of some of the plants. THat all started with the ramshorning. After feeding with plain water and flushing multiple times, this did not get any better and in many of the effected plants, got worse. After reading and going over my notes over and over again some thoughts are
Overall plant stress is increased because of the temperature, With high heat stress, the plant health weakens making it more likely to be unstable and magnify other issues.
After finally posting a thread CLICK HERE Blackthunder posted a comment about some organic nutrients being incompatible with each other. After reading this, and doing some more reading. I didnt realize the importance, and did not register/read the fine print in the nutrients i was using. WHich is a terrible mistake, but whats important is that ive learned from it, hopefully!!
SO this has brought me to wanting to dumb down my nutrients slightly, KISS. With this past grow, I added a couple of different additives that were not listed on my feeding schedule, and not having enough knowledge about nutrients i did burn my plants, and with going pure organic, was under the assumption that it was much harder to burn your plants. Even with keeping the ppms under 1000 the entire time, still had burns.
WIth the next round i will not stray from whichever feeding schedule I plan on trying. I am thinking about advanced nutrients hobbyist or expert line.
I am definitely curious about the perfect ph system that they are boasting about, and am very curious as to how it works. First thing im curious about is, it says it will knock ph in hydro to 5.8 and soil 6.3. Well how the hell does it do that? How can it tell if the water is going to be used in hydro or soil?

However, if i do end up staying with roots organics, I will be dropping Purple maxx, as well as sweet and nirvana. I am very curious about the full potential of this nutrient line, and hopefully ive learned from my mistakes what not to do when it comes to mixing nutrients.

One of the most important things im going to change for this next round, is plant numbers and perpetual harvest. So, even with the idea i think being doable, for my situation currently, a weekly harvest of 10+ plants is not really realistic. Also, completely underestimating the amount of runnoff water comes from 50+plants, watering plants in the bombshelter is not possible. SO instead, we move each plant out and to the bathtub to water, 10plants at a time. Each 10 plants to move, mix fertilizer in 5gal buckets, and water, drain and move back takes roughly an hour. 5hours minimum just to water the entire group. And with each plant needing water at different times, keeping track becomes a nightmare.
This next round will be 2 groups, of 24 plants. For 48 total, 12 plants per 6tube t5. With two groups only, and only being 7 days apart. It will ease the nutrient mixing, drastically reduce watering times down to 2 hours or so every other night, per person.
Also im in the works trying to figure out a way to create a runoff tray to pump out of the garden, that way, during flushes we dont have to worry.

SMoke report and photos coming in about an hour. also going to get caught up on everyones grow tonight!

name:White berry
genetics: White Widow x blueberry Paradise seeds
indica/sativa: 75/25
bag appeal: 8. Color is a very rich green, with the white color really coming into play when looked at from any bit of distance. And when examined closely, the buds are completely covered in trichomes.
smell: Very sweet and intense berry when broken apart.
taste: Very smooth. Very milky smoke with a fresh, minty Cooling sensation to my your. Easy to hold in for large hits, and on the exhale the berry flavor really comes out.
color: Lush light green.
high: Somewhat of a creeper. but once it hits you, the creativity comes out. The sativa qualities come out in the first half hour or so in the smoke, b ut then changes to a nice mellow relaxing high. With very good healing properties with the definition of a couchlock high..

name: Purple Haze
genetics:G-13 Labs
indica/sativa: 70%/30% sativa indica
bag appeal: Very high. Very tight dense, crystal covered nugs.
smell:By far the best of the plants I grew. Extremely sweet smell with a bit of citrus at the end of each sniff.
taste: sweet and smooth. fruity candy. cannot wait for this stuff to cure for longer.
color: dark green, with purple, and even pink tinges
high: definite sativa. After one bowl of this i cannot sit still to save my life! definite enhancer of music and and anxiety cure.

More to come with the bagseed smoke report

Wow them lessons learned will make you an even better grower than you are now im the type of person who listens to good advice but if i have an idea im goona try it so im the live an learn type it has gotten me into pickles before but on the bright side i retain that knowledge a lot better that white berry sounds amazing who dosent like the flavor of berrys i wish they would come up with one that smelled like fresh biscuits with the blackberry jelly from the country cupboard restaurant i believe a would jump up and do the happy dance however that goes that purple haze sounds like wonderful stuff well im glad you got some of the bugs worked out it will be that much easier the next time knock on wood cant wait to see the pics well enough rambling congrats on harvest farnorth God Bless you and yours :Namaste::)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now, since you indicated it was a perpetual grow, but I haven't seen an update in a while.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom