GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Nice I paid like 7 bucks for my 6 on ebay. They are roughly 2.5 maybe 3 inches across and square. 69% humidity.

Now that the buds have been in cure for 2 weeks they sure look different. Way more compact. A tad darker in color too.

The Chem D really does look just like some shit you see in high times. Its pretty sweet.

What isnt sweet is that I vegged them for like 2.5 or 3 months and only got 3.5 oz per plant lol.

Cool!

Those are the size I use. They call them their "Medium" packets. They make minis too and then they have the real big ones that I use in my cigar humidors. Those big ones that I have are 75%, but in the humidor filled with cigars, that equates to about a 67% humidity in the box at least in all the boxes I have used them in. I don't think they actually deliver a literal percentage to the container that the packet says, again based on my personal experience. Thats why I am going back to the 72% packets for my 1/2 gallon jars of bud cause the jars that I have been using the 62% packets in feel a bit too dry for my liking.

As far as your yields go... 3.5 oz of dried bud isn't bad for one plant. Thats usually about what I get on average. This year I had a few that went way over that like the Harlequin, but those were 8 foot tall plants! I usually end up and prefer plants that are about 4-5 feet tall at harvest and 3.5 to 4.5 oz of closely manicured and dried bud is what I usually end up with per plant.

Yeah I am shooting for 4-6 foot tall plants in veg. for my main 8. For a spring harvest. I may end up starting some smaller ones too later on as well.

For now I got 6 plants that have been vegging for like a month and a half and will veg 3-4 more months lol. Then I started 2 more as well this week in a DWC.

I imagine I will also have some dinky little plants that get a few weeks to a month of veg too to toss out at the same time and expect to get 1/2 - 2 oz per. But I want these 8 to be half pound minimum monsters :).

WOW! A Half pound? I've never come close to getting that much yield from just one plant. The most I ever got from a single plant was this season's Harlequin #4 which was 6 oz after all was said and done. I don't worry so much about trying to get such high yields from each plant. I focus more on making sure that the overall quality of the bud is extrememly high and dense. That way, you don't need to use as much, and thus 3-4 ounces of that AAA grade weed lasts me for a very, very long time. :)

Purple Rhino!
The forgotten plant of my 2012 season

After I closed out my journal earlier this month, I forgot to include an important last plant of my 2012 season. Those who followed my journal last year will remember the beautiful mutant White Rhino female that grew from those BUYDUTCHSEEDS I ordered online and were obviously radiated at some point in transit. With that strain, instead of blooming with the usual white flowers you normally see from White Rhino, this single female brought forth a strikingly beautiful set of purple flowers, of a type I had personally never seen before. Unlike the GDP and my other purple strains who primarly produce the purple pigment in their leaves first, this plant did not have purple leaves that changed because of temperature. This plant started producing these lovely purple flowers at about week 6 while the leaves remained a healthy green right through the chop.

Check it out!
Original Purple Rhino Female from 2011 Grow

P1012186.JPG

P1012185.JPG
P1012184.JPG

P1012208.JPG
p1012203.JPG

While the buds themselves proved not to be very dense, the medicinal effects from these flowers was very high quality and had a nice pine type of aroma to them.

Anyway... Along with the female of this odd mail order seed grown plant, I also had a male version that I allowed to flower and later used to pollenate several of my Purple Urkle plants that I had on the back hill last year. The resulting seeds were stored and about 6 were planted this season. Most of them were male and some of which I used in my GDP seed project and also on the smaller cloned Harlequin females orginally created to determine the sex of the four main Harlequin seedlings ahead of natural flowering.

Well... There was one female out of this batch that I kept in a 1.5 gallon Air Pot, but basically forgot all about after placing it on the side of the main house. It was watered primarily by our automatic sprinkler system, and seriously... I really did forget all about it until about a week ago after I had harvested all my other plants.

Upon closer examination, I was pleased to discover that like the original female Purple Rhino from last year, this cross with the Purple Urkle female had retained those lovely purple flowers! I harvested this plant yesterday and took some photos before and after in order to share them with all of you.

And here they are!
You can see that it definitely has a Sativa style growth pattern, and since I didn't top it or anything, it basically grew in a more natural fashion

P10103521.JPG
P10103541.JPG
P10103551.JPG

Even though the Purple Urkle female does not produce actual purple flowers, but instead puts out purple leaves if cold enough, the Purple Rhino male obviously passed on the genetics for purple flowers, much to my surprise and satisfaction! You can see how similar this plant looks compared to the original female from last year! Much more of a genetic influence from that PR male than I would have expected!

The shade of purple is just a tad lighter hue than the original, but other than that, they look virtually identical in leaf structure, aroma and overall bud density.

P10103532.JPG
P10103561.JPG
P10103571.JPG
P10103581.JPG

After the chop and rough trim...

As I mentioned... Just like the original from last yeaer, these buds are not very dense at all, and are a far cry from the rock like density of all my other strains. Still.... If the effects are like the Purple Rhino from last year, it is still a nice strain, and with the added genetics of the Urkle female, might be more of an Indica like effect overall. These are hang drying now, so we shall see in a month or two after some curing.

P10103601.JPG
P10103621.JPG

P10103611.JPG
P1010367.JPG
P10103681.JPG
P10103651.JPG

So there ya have it!

Techincally, my last harvest of the season! ;)

It will be very interesting to see what kind of plants the Purple Rhino GDP and Purple Rhino Harlequin produces when I finally plant those seeds during my next grow. I might have to plant some indoors and raise up some 2-3 foot plants just to see what I got in those seeds! As you may recall, I had well over 300 seeds from the GDP/PR seed project, and about 125 from the Harlequin clones.

:Namaste:

Very nice, Bro! :welldone:

The buds on that Purple Rhino are some of the most beautiful I've seen - just gorgeous! :adore:

Thanks Mr. K!

No doubt! Definitely the prettiest Cannabis plants I have ever seen myself. The photos don't really do them justice either. They are even more striking in person!

For a long time, I wasn't sure if any of those unusual traits had made it into the cross, but just after week 6 of flower, the flower tops started turning purple just like the original did! As I mentioned... Just a tad less intense colors than the original, but very very close, and no doubt a good representation of the Purple Rhino side of the cross as opposed to the Purple Urkle side.

I always thought that the female imparted the bulk of the traits, but obviously, in this case, the male was relatively dominant.

Really curious to see what that Purple Rhino/GDP cross ends up looking like! If I end up with the purple leaves of the GDP side with the actual purple flowers of the rhino, that should make for a VERY PURPLE plant indeed! I just hope that the bud density doesn't suffer too much as a result.

damn mate, you kept that one hidden, your just rubbing all this purple in my face now, you know i want to get some purple buds, im hoping the purple widow im now growing is going to give me some purple buds.

mate that plant is a contest winner for sure, are you going to enter it in the contest, that plant looks exactly how they look on the breeders packets, so clearly it does turn that purple, ive tried many strains and failed and got no purple, but this time ive gone with the purple widow which is a purple strain, so fingers crossed ill have some purps in a few months, plus its winter here so if it dont turn purple on its own then its going outside in the cold to teach it a lesson, maybe next time it will turn purple with just the threat of going out in the cold.

well done mate, amazing, thats the best purp i have ever seen

I dont have any purple strains, although considering I have 7 plants with 1 more month to go they may go a bit purple.

However I do got four Blackberry x White Rhinos that i will be vegging for the next 4 months then flowering outside. Those may get black in the buds, we shall see.

damn mate, you kept that one hidden, your just rubbing all this purple in my face now, you know i want to get some purple buds, im hoping the purple widow im now growing is going to give me some purple buds.

mate that plant is a contest winner for sure, are you going to enter it in the contest, that plant looks exactly how they look on the breeders packets, so clearly it does turn that purple, ive tried many strains and failed and got no purple, but this time ive gone with the purple widow which is a purple strain, so fingers crossed ill have some purps in a few months, plus its winter here so if it dont turn purple on its own then its going outside in the cold to teach it a lesson, maybe next time it will turn purple with just the threat of going out in the cold.

well done mate, amazing, thats the best purp i have ever seen

Thanks DP!

I am definitely planning to enter it into the POTM at some point. As time goes on, it looks pretty obvious that the plants that usually win that contest are almost always purple, and as you said, this one is one of the prettiest purple plants most people have ever seen!

Part of it relates to the fact that this is a mutant strain of White Rhino that normally doesn't have any purple traits at all. That original female and one male were all that grew normally out of a 12 seed pack. The other 10 were all severely mutated with oddly shaped leaves and overall mutant growing behavior. Interesting what radiation can do to seed eh?

;)

Its possible the bags just got mixed up and its not White Rhino at all.

That was my first thought. But the place I bought the seed from didn't offer any purple strains at the time. So that is one thing. The other is that it does look like WR when in veg and in flower until it hits about 6 weeks. Then the purple flowers start showing up. ;)

So far I have not been able to find another strain that looks like this plant. Any ideas?

Purple Rhino!
The forgotten plant of my 2012 season

After I closed out my journal earlier this month, I forgot to include an important last plant of my 2012 season. Those who followed my journal last year will remember the beautiful mutant White Rhino female that grew from those BUYDUTCHSEEDS I ordered online and were obviously radiated at some point in transit. With that strain, instead of blooming with the usual white flowers you normally see from White Rhino, this single female brought forth a strikingly beautiful set of purple flowers, of a type I had personally never seen before. Unlike the GDP and my other purple strains who primarly produce the purple pigment in their leaves first, this plant did not have purple leaves that changed because of temperature. This plant started producing these lovely purple flowers at about week 6 while the leaves remained a healthy green right through the chop.

Check it out!
Original Purple Rhino Female from 2011 Grow

P1012186.JPG

P1012185.JPG
P1012184.JPG

P1012208.JPG
p1012203.JPG

While the buds themselves proved not to be very dense, the medicinal effects from these flowers was very high quality and had a nice pine type of aroma to them.

Anyway... Along with the female of this odd mail order seed grown plant, I also had a male version that I allowed to flower and later used to pollenate several of my Purple Urkle plants that I had on the back hill last year. The resulting seeds were stored and about 6 were planted this season. Most of them were male and some of which I used in my GDP seed project and also on the smaller cloned Harlequin females orginally created to determine the sex of the four main Harlequin seedlings ahead of natural flowering.

Well... There was one female out of this batch that I kept in a 1.5 gallon Air Pot, but basically forgot all about after placing it on the side of the main house. It was watered primarily by our automatic sprinkler system, and seriously... I really did forget all about it until about a week ago after I had harvested all my other plants.

Upon closer examination, I was pleased to discover that like the original female Purple Rhino from last year, this cross with the Purple Urkle female had retained those lovely purple flowers! I harvested this plant yesterday and took some photos before and after in order to share them with all of you.

And here they are!
You can see that it definitely has a Sativa style growth pattern, and since I didn't top it or anything, it basically grew in a more natural fashion

P10103521.JPG
P10103541.JPG
P10103551.JPG

Even though the Purple Urkle female does not produce actual purple flowers, but instead puts out purple leaves if cold enough, the Purple Rhino male obviously passed on the genetics for purple flowers, much to my surprise and satisfaction! You can see how similar this plant looks compared to the original female from last year! Much more of a genetic influence from that PR male than I would have expected!

The shade of purple is just a tad lighter hue than the original, but other than that, they look virtually identical in leaf structure, aroma and overall bud density.

P10103532.JPG
P10103561.JPG
P10103571.JPG
P10103581.JPG

After the chop and rough trim...

As I mentioned... Just like the original from last yeaer, these buds are not very dense at all, and are a far cry from the rock like density of all my other strains. Still.... If the effects are like the Purple Rhino from last year, it is still a nice strain, and with the added genetics of the Urkle female, might be more of an Indica like effect overall. These are hang drying now, so we shall see in a month or two after some curing.

P10103601.JPG
P10103621.JPG

P10103611.JPG
P1010367.JPG
P10103681.JPG
P10103651.JPG

So there ya have it!

Techincally, my last harvest of the season! ;)

It will be very interesting to see what kind of plants the Purple Rhino GDP and Purple Rhino Harlequin produces when I finally plant those seeds during my next grow. I might have to plant some indoors and raise up some 2-3 foot plants just to see what I got in those seeds! As you may recall, I had well over 300 seeds from the GDP/PR seed project, and about 125 from the Harlequin clones.

:Namaste:

:bump:What a happy surprise, and she received no "care" or nutrients, save what was in the soil. This is a testament to your soil mixing abilities. And she's absolutely beautiful! You have more seeds for this cross, yes? I think this one would be a great candidate to stabilize. I'd love to give it a shot, but alas, I'm too far away to even consider it. LOL!

:bump:What a happy surprise, and she received no "care" or nutrients, save what was in the soil. This is a testament to your soil mixing abilities. And she's absolutely beautiful! You have more seeds for this cross, yes? I think this one would be a great candidate to stabilize. I'd love to give it a shot, but alas, I'm too far away to even consider it. LOL!

Hey Jandre!

Thanks for the kind words! She grew in a pot of Cocoblend with a few early feedings of FF Grow Big, but you're right! After that, she didn't get all the attention I normally pay to my other strains.

Yep! I have about 100 seeds from that Purple Rhino/Purple Urkle cross which produced this plant, and then we have a male from these seeds crossed with one of my GDP and those mini Harlequin GDB clones.

The only negative trait is the very light and airy bud structure. In the end, this doesn't really matter as you know for the medicinal effects, but since everyone wants the super dense, rock-like nugget type of flower, I see that as a potential problem for selling or promoting the dried bud from this plant. But... From a purely aesthetic point of view, the plant is truly gorgeous to look at!

You have seen all of my other strains, and while they are all impressive, nothing I have ever grown even comes close to what one of these Purple Rhino plants looks like in person. More like a Lupin with pot shaped leaves than any Cannabis plant I have ever seen!

I'm planning to enter the original photos in a future POTM contest just to see if it sweeps the contest or not. Seems PURPLE always ends up winning the day most months, so based on that persistent trend, I figure that I have a pretty good shot with this one, since everyone who sees those photos has the same reaction. ;)

I wish there was a way I could send some seeds out to you! I would definitely be curious to see what you could do with the strain using your expertise as a breeder of our favorite plant! :)

Oh! I also wanted to mention that GDP #1 has started to put out some new growth! Nothing major just yet, but it has survived that heavy pruning job and should be putting out some clonable new branches in the next few weeks. GDP #2 and the Blue Cheese are still not doing much yet, but I am starting to see some new shoots popping out of several of the bud sites on GDP #2.

If all goes well, I should be creating my dedicated CS project journal by the second week of November. :)

Awesome find on the Purple Rhino!! :yahoo:

Some of the prettiest flowers I've seen! :high-five:

Thanks XL! The plant was a gift from the Gods for sure! Not sure how I ended up with this strain...

Was it caused by the standard White Rhino seeds getting irradiated? Are they some other mystery strain that got mixed up at the seed place I bought them from?

I have no idea, but I am just glad that I ended up with them! While they are not the densest buds in the world, they sure look pretty and the smoke is actually very good, and right up there with many of the other strains I grow. A bit speedy for my tastes, but that is obviously from a certain degree of Sativa genetics that are obviously part of this plant's make up. :)

Thanks again for popping in! :)

My Harlequin GDB Wins the October "Nug of the Month" Contest! :yahoo:
GDP Reveg Progress Photos!

I was shocked to learn that I won the NOTM contest with my Harlequin GDB bud entry! Last time I checked a few weeks ago, I was trailing in the voting, so I stopped checking. Tonight I got a PM from 420 Girl congratulating me on my win! BOY was I surprised! :)

Thanks to all my 420 friends who voted for me! Most appreciated guys!

Here is the Harlequin GDB bud that won the contest... :)

P101333811.jpg

GDP CS Seed Project Photo Update!

In other news... Both of my GDP plants in the tub grow space are really starting to put out some new growth now! Still got several weeks to go before there will be enough there to consider taking cuttings and starting my new journal, so I decided to post these early photos here instead. Once I start the new journal I want to have enough activity going on to provide a consistent update schedule on the CS seed project progress. ;)

Check out these photos I snapped earlier tonight...

GDP #1
This was the first of the three plants in the tub to be harvested and then placed in here under a 18/6 light schedule. This new growth started to really fill out the plant about a week ago, and lately, the typical Cannabis shaped leaves have started to show up.

P10104211.JPG
P10104221.JPG
P10104231.JPG
P10104241.JPG

GDP #2
I left more of the old buds on this one just to see which of the two did better with putting out new growth. GDP #1 had about a week headstart on #2, so its hard to tell right now which of the two will be more productive. Since GDP #2 was my hands down best producer of my entire GDP grow, I am putting my money on her in the end. ;)

P10104251.JPG
P1010429.JPG
P10104261.JPG
P1010427.JPG
P10104281.JPG

So far the Blue Cheese plant has yet to produce any new growth. It still has a lot of that 50/50 growth all over it, so I am not even sure if it is going to put out any new growth or just stay the way it is. The entire harvest from this plant came from that one branch in the foreground. I probably should have left a little more on that branch when I harvested this one, but it is too late now. We will just have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

P1010323.JPG

But at least both GDP plants are on their way! And that was the primary motivation for this whole project in the first place.

My next photo updates on these plants will appear in my new CS Project Journal which I plan to create in another week or two, just as soon as we are within a week or so of taking cuttings and firing up the Turbo Klone T-48!

Stay tuned for that and thanks again for your votes in the NOTM contest! :) :thanks::Namaste:

Hey, that GPD #1 is doing really well. The other two are still looking a little rough. And I saw something that makes me a bit concerned...

P10104231.JPG

The 2 topmost developed leaves of this pic looks like it has some mite damage. Is this left over from earlier?

Otherwise looking pretty good for a reveg!

And speaking of "new thread" it's shameless plug time.
NEW! Third Test Run: Part Deux NEW!

Heheh, sorry, I guess I could have sent you a PM, but what the heck.

Congratulations! And you're gonna love the BPN! Can I has nug jar? :rofl: Naw, I'm foolin'... but really, can I have it? ROFL... :rofl: Your nug really deserved the win, it's why I voted for it.

Hee hee! Thanks Jandre!

The jar was one of the primary prizes I wanted! ;) That and the SNS Spider Mite control spray which I really liked the last time I won some and used it on my overwintering GDP last year. I'm also looking forward to trying that new BPN formulation! I've been in touch with Corey for awhile now and he has been urging me to give his new stuff a try. I told him that if I won the contest, I would definitely do that, and I will try it on some of these future GDP clones during my CS seed project.

I also wanted to personally thank you for your vote! You actually had a bud entered in that contest youself, and most people logically vote for their own entry! Considering I won by just ONE VOTE, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that your decision to vote for something other than your own bud gave me that 1 extra vote I needed to win and I THANK YOU for your unselfish gesture!

:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom