GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Hey, that GPD #1 is doing really well. The other two are still looking a little rough. And I saw something that makes me a bit concerned...

P10104231.JPG

The 2 topmost developed leaves of this pic looks like it has some mite damage. Is this left over from earlier?

Otherwise looking pretty good for a reveg!

And speaking of "new thread" it's shameless plug time.
NEW! Third Test Run: Part Deux NEW!

Heheh, sorry, I guess I could have sent you a PM, but what the heck.

No problem! I'm pretty sure that those spots are from a previous infestation when these plants were outside, but I am keeping my eye on the new growth for any signs of mites. As soon as I get that SNS spider mite control spray from the NOTM contest, I will give all three of these plants a good spray down just to make sure I kill off any mites that may have survived my initial spray down.

Whenever I move an outdoor plant indoors, I always put it on its side and give it a real good spray down with a high pressure nozzle to knock off any bugs and debris that may be clinging to the underside of the leaves etc.

Hee hee! Thanks Jandre!

The jar was one of the primary prizes I wanted! ;) That and the SNS Spider Mite control spray which I really liked the last time I won some and used it on my overwintering GDP last year. I'm also looking forward to trying that new BPN formulation! I've been in touch with Corey for awhile now and he has been urging me to give his new stuff a try. I told him that if I won the contest, I would definitely do that, and I will try it on some of these future GDP clones during my CS seed project.

I also wanted to personally thank you for your vote! You actually had a bud entered in that contest youself, and most people logically vote for their own entry! Considering I won by just ONE VOTE, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that your decision to vote for something other than your own bud gave me that 1 extra vote I needed to win and I THANK YOU for your unselfish gesture!

:bravo:

Dude... it was an awesomely pretty nug. I enter mostly to have fun, anyway, and to show my progress in Hydro. When I saw yours, I couldn't in all good conscience vote for mine, know yours was better.

Dude... it was an awesomely pretty nug. I enter mostly to have fun, anyway, and to show my progress in Hydro. When I saw yours, I couldn't in all good conscience vote for mine, know yours was better.

Well...I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated your vote and everyone's vote in that contest! I wish I could share a bowl of Harlequin with all you guys just to see the look on your faces when you see the bud in person, smell that unique aroma and finally...take in that sweet smoke and that marshmellowy buzz! Its really a treat for the senses!

Speaking of which... I went ahead and entered that original Purple Rhino plant into the November Plant of the Month contest! I would love to have your support in that contest as well! I figure that I am on a roll at the moment so what the heck right? I had always planned to enter that beautiful plant into the contest at some point.

Since my GDP #2 lost by such a huge number of votes in the last POTM, I figured that I really needed to enter the most visually stunning example of a purple strain I have been able to grow so far and see what happens! :)

Full of great info and insights on your journal. It will take me a while to read this whole thing but im willing. Very nice set up and also I see your good with utilizing your space. Im pretty much going threw the same thing as in space wise. Ill be continuing reading your journal hope to be apart of your future ones as well:thumb:

Hey Wiz!

Welcome!

There are a lot of very informative sections in here for sure! I have some links in my sig to specific areas, so check those out, especially the GDP/Purple Rhino seed project! :)

Here is a LINK to the PR male in full flower so you can see what one looks like when it is dumping pollen like crazy.

Thanks GG, I really do appreciate this. As you know im getting ready to breed my plants. Very informative! Thanks again for the help

My pleasure Wiz! :)

Let me know if you have any questions going forward. I think I still have a lot of regulars subbed in here too, so if I can't answer your question I am sure one of those guys can! ;)

Thanks for the microscopic pics of my enemy "PM" lol thanks also for the info on killing it, I appreciate it.

Hey Arizonameds!

Glad you found those microscope images of the Powdery Mildew helpful! I hate that freaking stuff too and it can really be a pain if the growing conditions are just right for it.

My little brother who has years more growing experience than I has told me that by the time you can see PM on your leaves it's all inside the plant and the only way to truly get rid of it is to apply the right fungicides to the soil? Not sure but I do know I have tried Milk, serenade gardens all to just keep finding it come back. I want to try Green Cure if and when I get nailed by PM again. Have you ever tried the Green Cure?
Years ago I used to go to West Hollywood to buy cuttings at a yellow house that was once owned by Charlie Chaplin, they had a small dunk-tank and recommended completely submerging the cutting and rock wool cube under the water line and to be honest I don't think we ever had to deal with any mildew problems. The last time I got rooted clones from Harborside in Oakland every one of the 24 ended up with it and had to be treated. I honestly believe that once it had it for a while that the plants buds suffer in one way or the other. I plan on studying up on how mold and mildew spores live and how they do there thing.

We've got the stuff growing naturally out back on the forest floor. We have natural ground cover here that the locals call Sweet Pea that I believe is a natural host for PM.

I've never had any problems with PM affecting my bud quality or my yields. I just use the milk/water treatment anytime I see early signs of it, and that seems to do the trick for me. My worst instances of PM have always happened INDOORS. My outdoor grows are rarely effected at all. I tend to get a few spots on some lower flower buds in October, but the majority of my outdoor crop rarely gets any PM on it at all.

Wiz was right that if you do not watch your humidity levels and your temps, you can create the perfect environment for PM and no amount of treatment will keep it from coming back. You need to adjust the growing space environment to make it less hospitable to PM getting a firm grip on your plants! ;)

I've got three clip on fans on a timer in my bathtub grow space that come on several hours at a time multiple times over the 24 hour day, and that air movement also seems to help keep PM from showing up.

High all, thanks for the info and ideas on my enemy the dreaded PM, kinda mind boggling out here in Arizona where its drier than a lot of other places and I get more PM than others, even outdoors? Luckily my S. Mite days didn't move with me from Calif.
Just got done re-scrubbing the used air-pots. My way of serving the previous tenants a quick eviction notice lol. That was the 2nd scrub after a thick bleach bath. No more PM and no more bleach. Soaking coco/perlite right now for their 1st transplant.
Sorry GG7.

That is odd that you would have so much PM problem down there where you are. PM is definitely a high humidity fungus, so all I can assume is that you are allowing your RH to get too high in your grow space. If you can keep it in the 45-50% range, I don't see how PM could establish itself to any serious degree.

I have no idea how you are getting PM on your outdoor plants though. Isn't your usual RH down there in the 20-30% or less range during the summer? Are you sure this is PM and not something else?

Some forms of blight can look a lot like PM, but it is far more insidious and much harder to eradicate. That comes from contaminated soil rather than from the air like PM does.

Just a reminder for anyone who hasn't yet voted in the November POTM contest...

I've got my original Purple Rhino entered. I know that a lot of you guys urged me to enter this plant in this contest back last year when I first showed her to you. Well...Here is your chance to cast your vote if you haven't already done so yet!

Also wanted to thank everyone out there who has already voted for her! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom