Brian420pm's 2nd Grow Dec 2019: Indoor, Blue Dream & Cherry Pie

Veg Week #4:

Did some training/pruning to open up the plant to even out the growing tops. This plant was topped a week or so ago above node #3, now letting the 6 lateral branches grow up. Pulled down the two largest branches and snipped two fan leaves to uncover the lower nodes so they can catch up. The 6 nodes are numbered in the picture. The other plant is still too small to top/train.

Pre-training
0118201359.jpg

Post-training
0118201407a.jpg

Veg Week #5:

The Cherry Pie is doing really well, I continue to pull the main laterals out to the side and trimming some fans to let in light to the 6 main tops. Within a week I'll choose the additional 12 laterals to keep and prune the rest.

0122202005 (1).jpg

The Blue Dream is lagging as expected. I topped it today so should see the laterals pop out this week...

0122202005a.jpg

Veg Week #5 Update:

The Cherry Pie continues to excel. Opened up the middle section today so the secondary laterals can start to fill in.

0126202202a.jpg

To recap I topped above the third node so I have 6 main and 12 secondary grow points. All others are pruned. Here is the layout. The 3 main nodes are labeled 1, 2 and 3.

0126202ye202a.jpg

Node 1 is lagging a bit, probably because it's been buried underneath a lot of foliage. If node 1 doesn't pick up by the start of week #6 later this week I'll probably prune it and switch to 12 main grow points instead of 18. 18 is a bit of work trying to keep all the nodes straight and keeping things pruned back. I've seen plenty of other great grows with 12 colas so that may be my sweet spot.

That cherry pie is some of the smoothest smoke!!
She is looking good. Gonna be all bushy again in a day!
Ive got only one huge bud of some blue dream left in my smoke box. Im excited, while reading your oil journal, I found you over here growing two of my favorites.
:bong:

I found you over here growing two of my favorites.

Yay! Thanks for stopping by. I picked Cherry Pie and Blue Dream for two reasons. One is they both score high in my strain study and two they are both really high in myrcene. Come to learn myrcene converts to another compound when exposed to UV, which may be what gives moroccon hash such a mellow high. I may expose some to UV light and compare.

Veg Week #7:

I did more pruning trying to open up the centers to allow the secondary branches to grow.

We're getting remarkable growth from the former runt, the Blue Dream :)

0207201731.jpg

0207201731b.jpg

Here is the Cherry Pie, check out them legs! :)

0207201803 (1).jpg

0207201804.jpg

Comparing the two plants, I see the Blue Dream runt has equal to stronger secondary lateral branches. I think this is because I kept nodes 3 and 4 on the Blue Dream and nodes 1 and 2 on the Cherry Pie. Throughout my first grow I speculated the earlier nodes would not be as developed, so I think a good compromise going forward is to keep nodes 2 and 3 for next grow.

The node 1 and 2 branches on the Cherry Pie are impressively thick though, which may pay off huge dividends during the stretch

I'm getting such lovely growth and amazing recovery after my seedling blunders my confidence will now allow me to share my complete recipe...

Nutes:
  • GH Flora Series and Cal-Mag, 50% suggested doses​
  • Coco/Perlite 70/30% mix​
  • PH 5.8-6.2​
  • Surfactant Yucca Extract powder = 1/8th tsp per 10 gallon​
  • Antibacterial H2O2 3% liquid = 5 tbs per 10 gallon (50ppm)
  • Chlorine Removal = Ascorbic Acid powder (Vitamin C) 1/8th tsp per 10 gallon
  • Nutes Amendment = Azomite powder 1/8th tsp per 10 gallon
  • Nutes Amendment = Bone Meal powder 1/8th tsp per 10 gallon
  • Nutes Amendment = Kelp Extract liquid 1/8th tsp per 10 gallon
Other info:
  • 2 x 4 tent (2-3 plants)
  • 55-60% RH, 75-80F
  • 290w budget LED full spectrum
  • Feed three times per day during light hours
  • Automated feeding
  • 10 gallon nutes reservoir with pump
  • FloraFlex manifold and drip trays

Flower Week #1:

The girls are doing well, the runt Blue Dream on the left has caught up, long and not as bushy as the Cherry Pie on the right... time to streeeetch!

I used the net for the first time today, I LOVE how you can train/coax the branches into the netting squares to get them where you want.

I pinched the two dominant branches on the Blue Dream to hold them back a bit so the others can catch up.

0224201746.jpg

Here is the entire tent, the fan and filter are on top of the tent, out of sight.

0224201747a.jpg

Flower Week #1:

The girls are doing well, the runt Blue Dream on the left has caught up, long and not as bushy as the Cherry Pie on the right... time to streeeetch!

I used the net for the first time today, I LOVE how you can train/coax the branches into the netting squares to get them where you want.

I pinched the two dominant branches on the Blue Dream to hold them back a bit so the others can catch up.

0224201746.jpg

Here is the entire tent, the fan and filter are on top of the tent, out of sight.

0224201747a.jpg
Should be all kinds of height for them to stretch into. :peace: :ganjamon:

Flower Week #4:

Time for a haircut! Last prune of the grow. Very happy with the explosive growth over the past week. They've doubled in size in the past 3 weeks! The Blue Dream on the left would outgrow the tent, I've pinched and bent over (supercropped) at least 6 branches now.

Before prune:

0313201425b.jpg

After prune:

0313201435a.jpg

Bountiful Harvests My Friends!

Flower Week #8:

Mistakes made and lessons learned! I was expecting to see some bud growth the past week and there was none, scoped the trichs and many headless stalks, hmmm.

Then I realized, I never measured my runoff to see if I had nutrient lockout DUHHHHH!

My input for the last week was 1300 EC (1.3 in some circles), my runoff was 2700 YIKES. It SHOULD be within +300, or under 1600 EC.

I was feeding 5 times a day for my first grow and never had a problem with buildup. This grow I lowered to 3 feedings a day and didn't think about it further.

Lockout for sure, I'm flushing now, after 5 gallons of 900 EC nutes through the two pots I'm down to 1700. Looks like I'll burn through this batch of 10 gallons now and then will mix up a new batch.

Looks like I'll need to extend flower by a couple weeks and hope they recover.

Back
Top Bottom