Cherry Pie Under Martian Sky

Good news is, mine didn't stretch like at all so I think you won't have issues there (knock on wood) I do think I see a bit of color in her so I'm excited to try and help bring it out. Oo man the flavors, the smell, the high. One of my favorites if not my favorite. Can't wait to see your lady all bulked out

She started showing on the 20th of July and I'm guessing she will finish around the end of September.
20210722_161024.jpg

Those damn caterpillars made her look all beat up. I didn't spot any today though so that's a good sign. I'll bump her MC up a bit because she looks a little hungry. I kept her at the max for vegetative growth through the transition. Here's the feeding chart. Cheers.

mc.png

Thanks Donkey, I hope she does well. She smells like burnt joints at the moment but I'm not great at describing terpenes lol. I can't take credit for the chart, it's just copy pasta from the BagOfCrop website.

Cherry Pie
Parents:
Grand Daddy Purple x Durban Poison
Children: Wedding Cake, Birthday Cake
Cannabinoid: 17% THC, 1% CBG
Dominate Terpene: Myrcene (Sweet, Berry, Earthy)
Type: Hybrid
Flowering: 7-9 weeks
Yield: 3-6 Oz/Ft²
Height: 30 - 79"
Feelings: Relaxed, Happy, Euphoric

The exhaust just blows back into the room at the moment and doesn't vent outside. Apart from the high humidity things are going good so far. I wish this tent had vents for intake at the bottom of it, it would improve the air circulation a bit. I think I've picked out a dehumidifier to add to my arsenal. I wasn't sure if the small dehumidifiers work well or not, the reviews were somewhat mixed. The one I settled on is huge (~= 17" x 12" x 25") but the fact it doesn't fit inside the tent is a bit of a trade off and it's a bit more expensive than I'd like so I'm somewhat undecided. Since I intake air passively from the room it's in I'm not sure it'll matter if it's in the tent or not. I'm just thinking out loud.:Rasta:

I went to give her a little trim the other day to get rid some larf from the lower nodes and improve air flow then realized she'd done most of the work for me. A little tug here and there and this came off. Should I finish the job for her? Check out that squiggly branch lol.
20210724_201233.jpg

20210726_184949.jpg

Looking good! I will say the description you gave of the smell in early stage being like a wet joint was spot on. No worries, it gets better! I think ours appear very similar is well which is nice for consistency from seed to seed.

Oo almost forgot....I am alsobusing MC but grams per gallon. I'm at 4.75 grams per gallon at the moment but I am feeding other strains that are more sativa so I'm hesitant to test the limits on cherry pie as I would torch the others. I'm lazy and mix it all in a bucket and water the whole tent

I don't have to worry too much about light leak with where I've got the tent at the moment so I opened the velcro flap at the bottom of the tent and started using it for intake. It should be a huge improvement to the air circulation. I still grabbed the dehumidifier though and got up and running. Within a few hours the tent went down from 70s to uppers 30s. I'm impressed and had even watered today.

With the humidity out of the way I'm back on pest control duty and need to stay vigilant. I squashed a caterpillar making a cocoon, a clover mite running about and even an aphid climbing the tent wall. I went and knocked the aphid off the wall so the little bugger is still around somewhere. It's my first time seeing one on my ladies this year. After the invasion of mites and gnats I dealt with last winter this all seems mild to me - I even signed up for this by bringing her in knowing damn well it would happen. Still, some friendly advice to anyone else bringing plants inside - wait a few weeks before you flower them because you'll have more options to eradicate the bugs.

I am alsobusing MC but grams per gallon. I'm at 4.75 grams per gallon at the moment but I am feeding other strains that are more sativa so I'm hesitant to test the limits on cherry pie as I would torch the others. I'm lazy and mix it all in a bucket and water the whole tent
I noticed a bit of burning on the tips of the Cherry Pie but considering she's just starting on the flowering dosage I'm taking it as an ask instead of toxicity. I hope I'm right. I was a little lazy today too and just added more water to the nutrients I'd mixed for the Cherry Pie so I could water my outdoor ladies without mixing a second batch. No math, I just winged it. If I had to guess they'll start to flower by the 10th of august. There's a big shortage of promix at the moment, I was really hoping to grab a bale and transplant them before they go into flower and use the rest for starting some clones.

She is getting a bit of a fruity smell to her, not quite Cherry yet though. Congrats on the win @Modest Grower. I'm still a little bit unsure about the brown leaf tips but I'll keep feeding at the recommended dosage and see what happens.

Thanks! I am super excited. I'm looking at some cherry pie mothers and I think they finally found a home in a 4x4 under a martian sun! Here is my cherry pie in flower. I have a few clones and happy I did.
My tips are brown too. I like seeing a little to know where the edge is.
20210802_162208.jpg

Clones have been a little neglected light wise but that will change!

20210802_213346.jpg

Day 21
The buds are starting to fill in a bit and are maturing nicely thanks to the SP3000 from @Mars Hydro.
20210809_124528.jpg

20210809_124559.jpg

20210809_125908.jpg

20210809_125728.jpg

I would love some advice on how to handle the leaf issues.
I'll try lowering the MC dosage back to around 1.2g/L and moving the driver to lower the temperature of the tent.
20210809_124856.jpg

20210809_124640.jpg

The advice I was given was up it by 0.25 for yellow and lower by 0.25 it for too green. Look I’m not 100% sure on that either. I’d need to refer to my grow chart.

@Carcass might be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom