Bubble hash

When I started reading about this, I didn't pickup anything about using dried and cured trim and buds. Good to hear that fresh trim/buds is fine because I have all the trim and surplus popcorn from all my plants so far in the freezer with a view to making bubble hash.

The question then is: will the hash undergo a curing process in jars, like buds do?

First one must be sure the hash is fully dry

I now shred my hash shortly after i take it out of the bags. and leave it out to dry

Then i put it in little jars. Not airtight

And if the bud was fresh. It would need curing for sure

Sure smells good in them little jars and better every day

The curing of hash is something I increasingly wonder about, but I don’t have any real answers. To me it seems like it does cure and only get better and smoother over time. In the old days the hash we bought came over from Europe and some of it was fairly old before it got here, and very nice.
But it seems like most of the curing processes that apply to bud would be stopped by freezing and drying.
Anyway - who know. It smells very nice whenever I make it, and I’ve made it all sorts of ways and never had it not smell good. So apparently you can’t screw things up too easily.

Hash is 25 a gram

IF its 5/gm and it takes 10gm to make a gm of hash...... my math says stick to the flower! lol

I'd be getting more than 25/gm tho - the dry sift version. But then again I just give it away for holiday cheer.

i grew a monster plant outdoors this year and had a tonno trim etc to deal with this year

this is the lemon skunk i grew,, i figure i got over thirty ounces off this plant,, and then this bonus,,

P1170926 (2).JPG

i only did two grades,, the lighter is the 93 micron i think it is,, and the darker is the 25 micron

the hash i did today is , i was gonna say drying, cuz it is,, but i took a pic, poorly tho

i run it through a screen to break it up while still wet so it will dry better,, a common technique i think,, tho not all do it i know

P1170949.JPG

poor pic of white widow/other trim hash screened and drying

this batch turned out a bit greener that the batches i have done before,, unsure why

you have used to big of a micron when you get plant material in the "mix" guess anything under 90 microns is used for hash making, which means above 90 one get too much plant matter. NO freezing but can cure if you want

have you ever used dry ice ?

Personally no,, never have.. I watched a vid of a fella making dry ice for hash making. he used a fire extinguisher and blew it into a bag and it made dry ice. it was kinda nuts tho. Dont recommend it. Ha

Dry ice is really common around here. It can be bought by the LB at local grow stores, grocery stores :D
Freeze dried broke up erb or trim, drop it in bubble bag put in some dry ice. Wait couple minutes till you see frost on outside of bag. Then lightly shake over counter top.
Easy peasy.
I personally think dry sift is more flavorful than any other way. But it's just my humble opinion

Dry ice is really common around here. It can be bought by the LB at local grow stores, grocery stores :D
Freeze dried broke up erb or trim, drop it in bubble bag put in some dry ice. Wait couple minutes till you see frost on outside of bag. Then lightly shake over counter top.
Easy peasy.
I personally think dry sift is more flavorful than any other way. But it's just my humble opinion
So no water and just put trim in bag and shake with dry ice?

i think traditional methods were all dry sift.

That's right. Checkout vids on the tube. There's tons of them
Ok brother ill take your advice I have used dry ice before but with a screen not a bubble bag there is a weldinh shop that has it near where I live ill be making hash with this cookie
20201217_181420.jpg
20201217_180650.jpg

i grew a monster plant outdoors this year and had a tonno trim etc to deal with this year

this is the lemon skunk i grew,, i figure i got over thirty ounces off this plant,, and then this bonus,,

P1170926 (2).JPG

i only did two grades,, the lighter is the 93 micron i think it is,, and the darker is the 25 micron

the hash i did today is , i was gonna say drying, cuz it is,, but i took a pic, poorly tho

i run it through a screen to break it up while still wet so it will dry better,, a common technique i think,, tho not all do it i know

P1170949.JPG

poor pic of white widow/other trim hash screened and drying

this batch turned out a bit greener that the batches i have done before,, unsure why

can see the green in the 25micron hash to the left there

Dry ice works well. Ends up looking like sift. Bubble is lot more work. My old worn out shoulder can't take it. If I was set on bubble I'd get one of those mini washing machines.
As for me I like dry sift. Buy cheap screen once and done. That's for small batches for my personal use
same here dry ice method - but with microns have a book called "Hashish" by Robert Clark in it - there is mention of microns more than 90 micron is of little use for hash. Frenchy (the hash man) has some great video's about "pressing" worth a look but here is a bubbler considering 45 then 90 - maybe then 120 - the thing about higher microns is that one get plant material in the shfit - which makes it green color, trying to decide what microns to use ?? any suggestions ??? 90 then a 120 or 45 -120 or 90 and 160 microns ?

you have used to big of a micron when you get plant material in the "mix" guess anything under 90 microns is used for hash making, which means above 90 one get too much plant matter. NO freezing but can cure if you want

Yes to freezing. If you’re using dry material to start with then it’s not really necessary, but can still help. Dry ice just freezes it.

I made ice hash since the early 90s up until last year when I started doing dry sift. I don’t miss doing it with water and ice. More work and trouble, yields less, and it leaves you fewer options. A pile of soaking wet plant material with ice cubes in it isn’t something you can work with that easily if you want to use the material for other things. Or weren’t happy with what you yielded. But that ice/water method is good for smaller batches.

If you have more than one screen to choose from then I’d try sifting at 100m or thereabouts first and going gently for a higher grade of hash. Then try a coarser grade somewhere between 100 and 160 and do it a little rougher, to catch whatever you missed. Your options are still open with the rougher grade. If you don’t like it you can sift it again, or make some other sort of extraction from it.

Most people would say that there are plenty of trichomes that are larger than 90m.
But- a 90 micron sized trichome can fit through a 100m screen or a 180m screen, either way. And there’s nothing to say that the dreaded ‘other plant material’ particles can’t be whatever size they want, and fit through a 90m as well. Or a 25m screen for that matter.

It’s pretty difficult to screw up too badly making hash as long as you’re not using any toxic materials, and the basic material you’re working with is good. These days I usually just run everything through at about 120m and don’t bother fussing over a lot of different grades. But my starting material is pretty high quality so the worst case scenario is something like ‘Oh shit! Mommy! Help! There’s bud particles in my hash!! ‘
:(

Personally no,, never have.. I watched a vid of a fella making dry ice for hash making. he used a fire extinguisher and blew it into a bag and it made dry ice. it was kinda nuts tho. Dont recommend it. Ha
Yeah that Russian dude. I never could find any pure CO2 fire extinguishers here or I would have tried it. The ones I saw were all mixed with other chemicals, and there’s no dry ice within a day’s journey. Hazards of living out in the wilderness. Someday we will emerge from the dark ages here and catch up with Russia dammit.. :thump table:

Yes to freezing. If you’re using dry material to start with then it’s not really necessary, but can still help. Dry ice just freezes it.

I made ice hash since the early 90s up until last year when I started doing dry sift. I don’t miss doing it with water and ice. More work and trouble, yields less, and it leaves you fewer options. A pile of soaking wet plant material with ice cubes in it isn’t something you can work with that easily if you want to use the material for other things. Or weren’t happy with what you yielded. But that ice/water method is good for smaller batches.

If you have more than one screen to choose from then I’d try sifting at 100m or thereabouts first and going gently for a higher grade of hash. Then try a coarser grade somewhere between 100 and 160 and do it a little rougher, to catch whatever you missed. Your options are still open with the rougher grade. If you don’t like it you can sift it again, or make some other sort of extraction from it.

Most people would say that there are plenty of trichomes that are larger than 90m.
But- a 90 micron sized trichome can fit through a 100m screen or a 180m screen, either way. And there’s nothing to say that the dreaded ‘other plant material’ particles can’t be whatever size they want, and fit through a 90m as well. Or a 25m screen for that matter.

It’s pretty difficult to screw up too badly making hash as long as you’re not using any toxic materials, and the basic material you’re working with is good. These days I usually just run everything through at about 120m and don’t bother fussing over a lot of different grades. But my starting material is pretty high quality so the worst case scenario is something like ‘Oh shit! Mommy! Help! There’s bud particles in my hash!! ‘
:(
Thanks for all the info - 120 is what I'll use due to quality - no more than a 5minute shake maybe 1st run and only doing one more but only 2-3 minute shake while keeping an eye out for any green material starting to go thru Keeping it Simple !!!!!!!!!!! use dry material concerned with the water from freezing

Back
Top Bottom