Bud Master Blue Moon LED & Blue Dream

re: Blue Moon LED & Blue Dream

Whew what a week!

Here's a peek at the Blue Dream vegging nicely under the Blue Moon. They absolutely love this light. I will transplant these in the following week, and begin topping.

DSC_073911.JPG

DSC_073813.JPG

DSC_073618.JPG

DSC_073716.JPG

Well these Blue Dream plants are out-growing the footprint of this light. So, they got an upgrade to 7 gallon Smart Pots today, and will begin giving clones that will fit under the Blue Moon light. Pictures coming soon!

Alright folks I know it's been a stretch between updates but I'm still getting things dialed in, in an attempt to nail down a perpetual grow schedule and balance that with the rest of life!

This light seems to be perfect for exactly what it claims on the website. Clones and early vegetative stages.

I've transplanted the two Blue Dream mothers into 7 gallon Smart Pots and this weekend they took off. I took two clones a week and a half ago, which went straight into in-PHed rock wool cubes. I took another 6 clones tonight, which went into PHed rock wool cubes so that I can compare the difference in rooting times. Here's a peek at the clones, don't worry they'll stand right up tomorrow, and I will update as progress shows its self. Hope everyone is well!

DSC_08699.JPG

DSC_086810.JPG

DSC_08648.JPG

Can u not hang the light properly show its true potential.surely ur loosing lumins and par with it sat on the metal grill.just a thought.hope this helps.happy growing;)

Can u not hang the light properly show its true potential.surely ur loosing lumins and par with it sat on the metal grill.just a thought.hope this helps.happy growing;)

Surprised you noticed that, good eye you have!

Actually, the bars in the shelf happen to line up perfectly so that no bulb is covered, and I usually take pretty good care to ensure it doesn't get moved where a bar might block the light. There is a slight chance that I lose a few lumens overall, but this light has great lenses to spread the energy pretty evenly.

You are correct, though, in that, I cannot hang the light below the grate due to height restraints. I have two shelves going, the middle of which is dedicated to larger veg lights once the clones are mature enough. If I were to hang the Bud Master Blue Moon below the top of the shelving system, I would be forced to lower the middle shelf, taking necessary space form that lower vegetative area.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Hope all is well in your world!:Namaste:

Alright so here's something to always remember folks. Life gets in the way sometimes, but all it takes is one slip of the memory to ruin an entire grow. Mine isn't ruined, but it could have been.

I have three lights going over two shelves, which gets covered with a black sheet at night. With all three lights going, temps can reach 91 degrees F if left for more than a few hours. Well, I forgot to lift the sheet in the morning and bam! My first two Blue Dream clones were hit with high temps for way too long. They were fresh into their first soil transplant, and suffered some pretty severe heat stress.

48 hours later and they are recovering, but it will be some time before they are ready to give clones again.

Long story short, don't forget the little things!

Day of transplant.

DSC_08717.JPG

DSC_087411.JPG

And 48 hours after (they were worse yesterday).

DSC_08808.JPG

I won't make the same mistake with these.

DSC_087910.JPG

For what it's worth, I've learned that being lazy or stubborn with our practices yields nothing remarkable.

These clones here are a perfect example.

Everyone knows that you're supposed to PH your rock wool cubes before taking clones. I have never employed this technique because I got results "quick enough" using straight tap water.

Well, Ive moved my cloning time up by almost a week by PHing and soaking my cubes.

Idiotic I know, but whattaya gonna do?

Anyway, These 6 will go into soil (for me) and a few into coco (for someone else) this week.

This Bud Master Blue Moon is perfect for cloning and I can't wait to get some Strawberry Cough seeds going so I can clone those too!

Hope everyone is well.:Namaste:

Whew! Alright guys, getting back in the swing of things.

After dealing with thrips, I've finally got them under control.

I also experienced a huge set back in time after forgetting to open the curtain one night and temps reached 91 degrees F. What started out as a strong set of clones quickly became a stunted group of light wasters. But those have recovered and on their way to their new homes.

Meanwhile, all is well and there are a new group of 20 clones under the Blue Moon tonight. Time to start over, as is the case whenever we try something new and miss a step.

DSC_08885.JPG

DSC_088913.JPG

DSC_08909.JPG

DSC_089110.JPG

DSC_089210.JPG

DSC_089310.JPG

Alright, after suffering bugs and bad soil I think I've got a handle on things.

These last 24 clones have all made their way to good homes, 9 of them my own. I've switched to coco and I'm getting the hang of it.
The Blue Moon LED is resting, waiting for the next round.

I put one Strawberry Cough and one Jack Diesel into paper towels yesterday, and they're already swelling. Those two will make up the next few months of growing, provided they pan out. The SC is a regular seed, so here's hoping!

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits!:Namaste:

Eh...I decided to take 6 more clones. I treated the back three pretty roughly, bending and pinching as I pushed them down into the rockwool. Just an experiment to see what they can take, how it will affect rooting times etc.

All six got clonex rooting gel, which I've never used before. If I get three good ones, I'll use them as a back up incase the new strains don't pan out.

DSC_09198.JPG

DSC_09217.JPG

DSC_09228.JPG

DSC_09237.JPG

DSC_09246.JPG

I love coco! Hope you like it just as much. Looking good do you not use a dome for your clones? Do you find faster root times without the dome?

I do use the dome now, but I haven't for years because I had great success without one. I can't say which way gets roots faster because I've never done a side by side with/without the dome using one strain as the constant.

This is the first time I've used a cloning agent so I'll at least have data on Blue Dream with regard to rooting times with/without cloning gel!

Hope all is well in your world:Namaste:

The blue dream should yield 200g to 300g of done right nps indoor.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Well, these flower under 1000w LED currently. But my environment is my biggest limiting factor. Low RH and keeping temps below 81 make it difficult to achieve the plant's potential, but I can assure you I will not get 200-300g per plant either way.

Thanks for stopping in!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom