Bud Master Blue Moon LED & Blue Dream

Aaron Quix

I'd like to give special thanks to the folks at Bud Master for the chance to demo their gear, especially something relatively different than most of the LEDs I see running right now.

Alright guys, we're moving right along into some fine genetics to start this one off. I've had HSO Blue Dream on the roster just waiting for a chance to bat, so she's up first. I almost always start from seed, and this is no exception. I put two seeds in a paper towel last week, and BOTH were cracking in 24 hours. I gave them an additional 24 hours and boom, tap roots. So they got planted in FFHF within 48 hours of starting germination. Awesome! 3 days later, they were both above ground. So, they're 5 days into the early stages of veg now, and so far, kicking ass under their Blue Moon from Bud Master.

The Blue Moon is really best suited for keeping mother plants, but I'm going to demonstrate (hopefully) its ability to serve as a viable starter light for seedlings and clones as well. This journal will be a veg only journal, demoing exactly those functions; Seedling and clone. I will also take these two Blue Dream plants as far into the aggressive vegetative phase as this light will let me, in an attempt to showcase its full ability. So far, the young seedlings are happy.

I'll post some technical info on the light over the next few days.
For now, Blue Dream from HSO.

DSC_056611.JPG

DSC_054612.JPG

DSC_055811.JPG

DSC_05639.JPG

DSC_05648.JPG

re: Blue Moon LED & Blue Dream

Nice, thanks for subbing Mr. K! Wouldn't be the same without you!

Neither would I! :hmmmm:

I was only first because I had the advantage of actually reading your post where you pointed out the new link in your sig and wasn't just looking at the pics! :laughtwo:

Well, that's why everyone loves you brother:circle-of-love:

But in fairness, pictures are what keeps a lot of members around lol. Speaking of pics, learning to shoot in the blue light here is proving to be interesting!

Well, that's why everyone loves you brother:circle-of-love:

But in fairness, pictures are what keeps a lot of members around lol. Speaking of pics, learning to shoot in the blue light here is proving to be interesting!

Who are you kidding? NOBODY loves me! :)

What kind of camera are you using? Is there a "white balance adjustment"?

Who are you kidding? NOBODY loves me! :)

What kind of camera are you using? Is there a "white balance adjustment"?

Everbody loves you, end of story.

I use a Nikon D3100, and I'm sure there is a white balance but after we moved a couple years ago the manual is missing. I've managed to work with some of the settings to adjust for odd lighting, but I need to find that manual lol.

The light is actually blue like that? Looks good, man!

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Bluer, actually lol. It's as blue as blue gets.:thumb:

Welcome me to the grow! Thanks for lookin in:Namaste:

Here we go! I done love Blue dream. Absolutely love it.

As for your camera, I wonder how similar it is to our D3300. I play with the settings all of the time and get good results.
Right on Nis, nice to have you in here! Looks like I may have two different phenos already. One is short and squat while the other is a leggy broad. I'm sure it's a little early to call them different phenotypically, but I'm not looking forward to stretchy flowering periods. What's your experience with Blue Dream?

anyway, yeah I'd bet the D3100 and D3300 are similar in a lot of ways. I'm gonna look for my CD ROM manual when I get home.

Everbody loves you, end of story.

I use a Nikon D3100, and I'm sure there is a white balance but after we moved a couple years ago the manual is missing. I've managed to work with some of the settings to adjust for odd lighting, but I need to find that manual lol.

Here's the manual:

https://cdn-10.nikon-cdn.com/pdf/manuals/noprint/D3100_ENnoprint.pdf

Page 103 of the PDF file (actual page# on page is 87) shows how to adjust white balance.

:goodluck:

Looks interesting could need some options for mothers.

I am growing HSO BD since 2 years now started with 4 from seed.

Toped or trained I get 1 - 1,5x stretch.
Easy to grow, tasty, good yielder and still my favorite smoke.

Right on Nis, nice to have you in here! Looks like I may have two different phenos already. One is short and squat while the other is a leggy broad. I'm sure it's a little early to call them different phenotypically, but I'm not looking forward to stretchy flowering periods. What's your experience with Blue Dream?

anyway, yeah I'd bet the D3100 and D3300 are similar in a lot of ways. I'm gonna look for my CD ROM manual when I get home.
We are on our first grow with it but have smoked a bunch of it. Ours broke soil on 9-11 and she is a tiny stretchy little thing already. She isn't as close to the light as I would want, so partly my fault. Also first time in HB soil so going with no nutes is a first. It'll be fun to see how they compare.

Looks interesting could need some options for mothers.

I am growing HSO BD since 2 years now started with 4 from seed.

Toped or trained I get 1 - 1,5x stretch.
Easy to grow, tasty, good yielder and still my favorite smoke.

Good to know! I've had BD before, but never grown it. I'm really excited about running my own!

We are on our first grow with it but have smoked a bunch of it. Ours broke soil on 9-11 and she is a tiny stretchy little thing already. She isn't as close to the light as I would want, so partly my fault. Also first time in HB soil so going with no nutes is a first. It'll be fun to see how they compare.

Awesome! I'll have to watch yours as well. Is your BD in your perpetual journal?

I leave Friday morning for Moab Utah with Mrs. Quix and some friends for a last hurrah on the dirt bikes. It's our first time to Moab, and I'm sure we'll take a few photos for the off topic area.

Meanwhile, I won't be able to post for 4-5 days, and I'd be willing to bet there will be some nice 5 leafers popping up by the time we get back so stay tuned for those photos next week.

Hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!:hookah:

Back
Top Bottom