Bud Rot & Mold vs. Microbes

The aspirin should be just the plain old kind, no coatings or additives.

Aloe also contains salicylic acid and other things that are good for your plants. Plus it can be used as a wetting agent when foliar spraying to help wet and evenly coat the leaves with whatever it is you are spraying. JMS in this case. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Aloe also contains salicylic acid and other things that are good for your plants. Plus it can be used as a wetting agent when foliar spraying to help wet and evenly coat the leaves with whatever it is you are spraying. JMS in this case. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I would chose this method leaning on the more organic approach.

Have you gave it some thought on the xanthan gum use as binder (wetting agent) ?

It helps hold together molecularly the biofilm we need to protect the plant.

I would chose this method leaning on the more organic approach.

Have you gave it some thought on the xanthan gum use as binder (wetting agent) ?

It helps hold together molecularly the biofilm we need to protect the plant.
I don't know much about the x.gum. I'm waiting to hear results from you. :laughtwo:

Plus, I'd have to buy it and I prefer stuff I can grow in my garden. I already have aloe plants in pots in the house so it would have to be materially better to switch. I'm not opposed to the idea but haven't done much research on the topic.

I don't know much about the x.gum. I'm waiting to hear results from you. :laughtwo:

Plus, I'd have to buy it and I prefer stuff I can grow in my garden. I already have aloe plants in pots in the house so it would have to be materially better to switch. I'm not opposed to the idea but haven't done much research on the topic.

It’s all good I feel I have the same answer but with the opposite ingredient, I didn’t have the aloe plant (my wife got one yesterday tho). I had lots of Xanthan gum and no use for it (when I say lots is like 50grms lol)

:peace:

I wonder what would happen if you used the inner bark of the willow?
That's where the highest concentration of salicylic acid is.

Certainly true Mel, I wanted the bark but the I harvested from was inside the property, I had no access. I’m still looking for the bark. I would grind it and do a JMS type solution.

Yeah I’ve been meaning to pick up some pow
Certainly true Mel, I wanted the bark but the I harvested from was inside the property, I had no access. I’m still looking for the bark. I would grind it and do a JMS type solution.
That sounds like some great JMS solution/ tea, I would like to try it 👍

@Azimuth

White tape daily spray with willow leaf solution added a tea spoon of eggshell in vinegar.

Grey tape once a week spray and gets the droplets occasionally.

The rest of the tree untreated.

38FC8035-FE9E-4864-A7DC-C9D8BB4A71A8.jpeg
0F7F7F57-FBC0-4521-AC8F-A5E14838B048.jpeg
DBFEEE3F-DDFB-41A7-AF9B-31CC1EF2B62F.jpeg

@Azimuth

White tape daily spray with willow leaf solution added a tea spoon of eggshell in vinegar.

Grey tape once a week spray and gets the droplets occasionally.

The rest of the tree untreated.

38FC8035-FE9E-4864-A7DC-C9D8BB4A71A8.jpeg
0F7F7F57-FBC0-4521-AC8F-A5E14838B048.jpeg
DBFEEE3F-DDFB-41A7-AF9B-31CC1EF2B62F.jpeg
@ MyceliumFarmer says that Kagen water kills PM . I think that’s what he said but I smoke a lot too so don’t quote me on it.lol

Hey Guys - just noticed a bit of PM but I also notice that my Fern Elixer (just fern and water) has developed some mold on top since I have strained it - should I still use it??? Or am I just introducing something worse?? :hmmmm: :nervous-guy: :ciao:
Yeah, a mold cap is often to be found with the Jadam ferments. You'd likely get less if you added microbes from leaf mold, worm castings or compost.

And yes, still usable, but strain that crap off! :cough:

Yeah, a mold cap is often to be found with the Jadam ferments. You'd likely get less if you added microbes from leaf mold, worm castings or compost.

And yes, still usable, but strain that crap off! :cough:

Yeah I would do same, nothing exciting came out of when I used PM infested organic matter to make a foliar spray. Looking back at it Azi I might have cause the PM marks on my plants.

Using this mixture (just fern and water) is one teaspoon per quart a good dilution??
I go 2 Tbl (1 oz) per quart. That gives a roughly 1:30 dilution rate (or 6x your proposed rate). 1:25 to 1:100 are the typical suggested usage rates.

You can start low like you are suggesting and see how you plants react. But, assuming all goes well, you'll see better results at the stronger strengths.

Hi y’all,

Here is the current state of the PM on tree experiment,

White tape sprayed every day
A633F219-05E8-4843-9662-EAC49B7E42AF.jpeg

Grey tape sprayed once a week, and gets splash fro the above leaf
1144A1DB-17DA-43F6-BA5E-2C167D789CC6.jpeg

And a picture of PM untreated

ADCCDE76-6ED1-48E2-914A-A7A9C3897A22.jpeg

I will let you guys call that one.

Non diluted solutions are starting to create damage now to the leaf. But the PM has considerably changed compared to the rest of the tree.

I also would like to add I upped the dose and sprayed my clones yesterday, let’s wait another week and see how they turn. Tomorrow I can update on the moms.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom