Buds not forming 10 day flower

Gorgeous looking ladies @Virandell Just wanted to jump in on this thread hopefully this helps the more info the better as I always say haha from my experience I've seen certain phenos of the same strain when pheno hunting at work one takes 12 weeks to flower and one that's done at 8 weeks. I grow some GMO at home thats around 12 weeks total from the flip to flower till I get that 50/50 milky clear tricome mix and I don't usually see a whole lot of anything until 14 days after the flip even from clone.
As far as clones go I've taken then from the bottom of a seed and from the top when internodal spacing is even and they go to dirt and stagger almost immediately once a few weeks old. Harder or woody stocks on clones take longer to root tops that are smaller and more plyable root in 7 to 10 days always as long as you make your cut 1/4 to 1/2 under a node because the most growth hormone is right there. Always use microbes silica if using rock wool.
As far as foliar kelp and silica twice a week but I'm in coco + perlite and feed cal mag in the nutrient solution.

In the past grows I used the lower branches for clone material & that simple practise makes sense a majority of the time.

How ever a cloned plant will show preflower pistils a lot faster than a plant grown by seed.

In the case of a plant grown by seed I'll never count the first week due to transition or forced state to flower as it may take lil time for the plant to play catch up in the biological ways from immature to mature & the rest in between.

I grow plants from seed a lot of the time. I need to VEG them longer than it takes for them to mature. So when they go into flower they are ready to flower = day 1.

The confusion starts when everyone on a different page... just noticing.

I grow plants from seed a lot of the time. I need to VEG them longer than it takes for them to mature. So when they go into flower they are ready to flower = day 1.

The confusion starts when everyone on a different page... just noticing.
different strains longer flower times a 100%sativa can take 16 weeks long - In all reality toy count TRUE flower time ---Start your flower time count-down when you see BUD DEVELOPEMENT it's not when you filp to 12/12 to start counting - this confuse's alot of growers especially beginners DURING THE TRANSITION STATE IS WHEN YOU START TO CHANGE NUTRIENT TYPES (FLOWER BUTES)

I grow 100 day sativa. Whats the difference... its only a 70 day sativa if you wait till flowers show and start counting.. Thats what I'm talking about confusion.

Let say:
I sell my seeds and say 70 day landrace sativa - first no one will believe me then when they go plus 100 days everybody butt hurt.

I dont use fertilizers... I just change the lighting schedule.

One plant we start counting at schedule change .... another different strain we start counting when there's flowers. Thats confusing.

Pretty sure breeders when they advertise flowering time, its from flip to 12/12.

Pretty sure breeders when they advertise flowering time, its from flip to 12/12.
Pretty sure this is not true. Everytime I have started counting bloom, not from the flip, but from 7-10 days after, when the pistils actually start shooting out of the growth tips, my plants have landed exactly on the breeder's suggested bloom time when they were finished. I am pretty sure that those who are in the know start the bloom period when they see that bloom has actually started, not from some arbitrary date when you happened to signal to the plants that it is time to transition from veg to bloom.

Pretty sure this is not true. Everytime I have started counting bloom, not from the flip, but from 7-10 days after, when the pistils actually start shooting out of the growth tips, my plants have landed exactly on the breeder's suggested bloom time when they were finished. I am pretty sure that those who are in the know start the bloom period when they see that bloom has actually started, not from some arbitrary date when you happened to signal to the plants that it is time to transition from veg to bloom.
remember they have commerical set up - everything tuned-in so to speak generally one adds 1 or 2 weeks to suggessted flower times

perfect growing - perfect lighting, right nutrientts, experienced personnal and run by professionls
so you are saying then that as a home authorized cultivator, I could not possibly have perfect lighting or the right nutrients. You are discounting my decades of experience as not good enough. Technically, because I do grow for profit as a medical provider, I am a professional... so unless you have heard a silly rule about that too, I think I qualify on that criterium at least.

All respect, but I still don't see why I am not qualified to judge whether my harvest time fits with the suggested number of days of bloom, or note that it does if I only count actual blooming time. Maybe if I put on my lab coat I will suddenly gain clarity?

so you are saying then that as a home authorized cultivator, I could not possibly have perfect lighting or the right nutrients. You are discounting my decades of experience as not good enough. Technically, because I do grow for profit as a medical provider, I am a professional... so unless you have heard a silly rule about that too, I think I qualify on that criterium at least.

All respect, but I still don't see why I am not qualified to judge whether my harvest time fits with the suggested number of days of bloom, or note that it does if I only count actual blooming time. Maybe if I put on my lab coat I will suddenly gain clarity?
by no means - use home professionals are some of the best grower - many companies camme from home grow people - conside the emeral triange -- Peace

I noticed between the present growers of the fine herb some difference in opinion between out door growing to indoor growing.

Out door is out doors & if I had that space 'n' environment I would :peace:

Indoors well you do not have that space to veg that long for preflowers to show, so we are in a forced environment which is controlled by us, unfortunately nature doe's not have an on / off switch !

So plant biology needs a little time to play catch up with seeds :thumb:

Some interpretation skills are required !

I have seeds that only take 40-45 days to finish starting at flip which that DATE is not arbitrary its the day we changed to 12/12 lighting. So they are a 30 day strain .... no one wood believe that...

Whats arbitrary is going from what someone decides the plant is now flowering. Thats arbitrary - one person's idea of flowering may not be the same as someone elses.

The date the 12/12 flip happens that's a date its not an arbitrary thing.

I have seeds that only take 40-45 days to finish starting at flip which that DATE is not arbitrary its the day we changed to 12/12 lighting. So they are a 30 day strain .... no one wood believe that...

Whats arbitrary is going from what someone decides the plant is now flowering. Thats arbitrary - one person's idea of flowering may not be the same as someone elses.

The date the 12/12 flip happens that's a date its not an arbitrary thing.
40 to 45 days nice !!!!!!!!!!

40 to 45 days nice !!!!!!!!!!
I've had this discussion in the past and contacted three reputable breeders and everyone stated the same thing. The flowering count starts when you flip to 12/12. With that being said the plant will tell you when it's ready and that is subjective depending on how ripe you like your trichomes. The breeders estimate is a best case scenario and seldom accurate.

Back
Top Bottom