BWC's FLO Hut, w/ Bagseed, Purple Kush

Weekly Update 5/11-5/19

Sorry I haven't been on much. Exrtremely busy. I forgot my usb, so no pics today.
5/11 - Supercroped PE1, MP1 (snapped main chute accidentally, didn't break completely), MP2. Misted clones.
5/12 - Roots showing on FLO 13, 16 in prop tray. Supercropped BK 1. Watered PW2,BK2, and MP1 H2O PH 6.6, half gal total.
5/13 - Misted clones. FLO 1 appears to be male due to male parts forming on the clone that was once the top of FLO1 (FLO5).
5/14 - Mixed 3 tsp FFGB/3 tbsp FFBB w/1 gal H2O. Dilluted to 745 PPM, 74.8F, PH 6.6. Fed MP 1&2, BK1, PE, FLO1,4, PW1 a total of 3/4 gal grow mix.
Misted Clones. Mixed Dyna Grow bloom and H2O at 546 PPM, 72.8F, PH 6.0 for propagation trays in order promote root development.
5/17 - Dilluted left over nutes fo 670 PPM, 77.1F, PH 6.8. Fed FLO7,8, BK1,2, PW1,2, MP1,2 one gal total grow mix. Culled FLO5 after sex identified as male.
5/19 - Transplanted FLO 8 from party cup to 1/2 gal pot, FLO 11-13,15-16, from prop tray to cups & half gal pots in FFOF. I attempted to transplant MP1 and when I was able to view the root mass I noticed tiny, oblong, white, critters crawling around the roots. I assumed that these may be symphlids and that they are eating my roots. I have no clue where they came from. I did use brown paper bags at the bottom of a few pots when I ran out of newspaper, not sure if it made a difference. Watered all transplants with
H2O/B1 mix to help with transplant shock.
Took 3 cuttings from FLO4, topped BK1&2, topped FLO7 (reverting back to veg). Roots tips showing in the prop tray where cuts were taken 5/7.

Try to get pics up tommorow.

Pics and Update

Update and Pics as promised​
This is a pic of the top of FLO1 5-14. After around 2 weeks on 12/12.
1st_noticed_male_parts_5-14.jpg

Same plant 5-17
Balls_5-17.jpg

Fan suspended to free up floor space.
suspended_fan.jpg

FLO Hut 5-19
FLO_hut_5-19.jpg

5/21 - Mixed 3/4 gal of FF grow nutes PH 6.7, 850 PPMs. Fed pots as needed. Mixed another gallon and dilluted to 750 PPMs, PH 6.7. Watered all pots. Small cups were not fed. That's all for now. :peace:

BWC's FLO Hut 5/26 Update

Ok been busy. Here's what's been going on.

Update

5-21- Misted cuts. Mixed 1.75 gal of grow mix (3tsp FFGB/3tbsp FFBB/1 gal H2O. Dilluted 1st gal to 850 PPM, 80.4F, PH 6.7. remaining 3/4 gal dilluted to 751 PPM, 79.3F, PH 6.7. Fed all pots except cups.

5-23-Watered FLO 1,2,3,11,12,13, PW2 total of 1/2 gal H2O PH 6.6.

5-25-Transplanted FLO 19, 20, 25 from tray to 1/2 gal pots w/FFOF. FLO 26 from tray to 4" square pot. All cuts from FLO 2 transplanted to 1/2 gal pots (gender pending).
unsexed_transplants.JPG
Transplanted BK1 from 1/2 gal to a 3 gal pot in FFOF.
BK_1_transplant_5-25.JPG
PE1 (purple erkle) was transplanted from 1/2 gal to a 2 1/2 gal pot. MP1 from a .33 galto a deeper 1/2 gal pot.
MP1_5-26.JPG
Pests discovered on root mass. They are small, white/off white, fast crawling insects on the root ball. Mixed and dilluted .75 gal veg mix to 730 PPM, 78F, PH 6.7. Flushed MP1 with 5ml neem concentrate and approx 6oz H2O to treat symphlid looking pests residing in root mass. I discovered them in both Mendo Purps clones. I ran out of news paper and ripped up a brown paper bag to cover drain holes before transplanting. I wonder did they hitch hike in this way. I did notice a funky, slower growth pattern as well as some ruffled marginal ridges on the leaves of both MPs. Hopefully this neem does it, if not then Gnatrol here we come. I didn't even really flush, just watered until I saw a decent amount of runoff. THe Purple Widow cuts must be sensitive to the nutes. At the levels they're getting they are growing slowly. But when I hit them with a dose they look good the next few days. I'm thinkin of crankin PPMs on them and the BKs. I think they can handle it. We'll c. Any input or advice is welcomed. :peace:
5-26- Misted cuts. That's it for now.

sound like you've done everything right thus far. just keep in mind if you just fed them make sure they get a Lil on the dry side that way any eggs that you have killed have time to dry out and kill the eggs.

Good point. Thanks. Today I discovered thrips or something similar. It doesn't matter, they won't be around long enough to be properly classified, I'll be spraying tommorow. If they were spider mites I'd be on it today.

Update

FLO Hut 5-25
5-25_tent.JPG

5-27 Misted cuts. PHed 1 gal H2O @ 6.6 FLO 19, 20, 25, 26, 11, 12, 4, 3.
5-30 Removed dead/dying leaves and noticed a small off white, oblong, crawling insect where the fan leaf blades connect on the surface of the leaf. I decided to treat with neem concentrate. Culled FLO 1 "father" plant because it was the fullest and largest plant and was haboring pests a little too well. Well that and it was a boy that wasn't being used.
5-31 Sprayed all potted plants with Green light neem concentrate 2 tbsp neem concentrate/1 gal
H2O. FLO Hut 5-31
tent_5-31.JPG

6-1 Mixed 3 gal of grow mix and fed everything.I increased the PPMs to just over 800 PPM, PH 6.7/6.8. The plants in smaller pots show a reaction (to stronger nutes) in older foliage.
6-5, 6-6- Hot days. Lost 2 cuttings and roots in prop tray dried out. all grodan cubes are light as a cotton ball.
6-7 PHed 1 gal H2O 6.7 watered MP, FLO 2,4,7,19,20,25,26, BK2, PW1

BWC FLO Hut Update 6/8-6/13

6-9 Mixed (2 batches of) 40oz (each) of H2O/7.5ml Azamax and sprayed all pots: light and soil side of foliage and tops soil. FLO 29, 30 dried out in the prop trays on hot days. Threw them out. FLO 32 is almost dried out/wilted. Let's see what she does as far as recovery is concerned. Removed FLO 4,8 from garden. FLO 8 had what appeared to be mold around the stem and FLO 4 never quite recovered from the deficiency, growing very slowly.

6-11 Mixed 1 gal H2O/15ml Azamax/3 Tbsp FFBB/3tsp FFGB/B1 25ml
1227 PPM. Dilluted to 750 PPM, 83.4F, PH 6.6/6.5. Fed all pots. Transplanted FLO3 to 1/2 gal pot, FLO 32 to party cup, BK 3 & 4 to 1/2 gal pot in FFOF. Watered with H2O/B1 to help with shock.

6-13 PHed 2 gal H2O to 6.6/6.7. Mixed grow mix to 1 tbs FFBB/1tsp FFGB dilluted to 275 PPM. Poured into a spray bottle, shook, and sprayed. Hopefully in conjuction with fans, Azamax foliar applications, as well as irrigation (soil drench), the foliar feeding should make thing even more difficult with these pests. I kinda messed up with the soil drench. My goal was to mix 15ml Azamax/gal of nutes to simultaneously apply both. I ended up mixing the Azamax and nutes in the 1st gal then dilluting the nute mix into the desired (PPM) range. THis of course weakened the Azamax mix. So I'm not sure if the soil drench was effective for any larvae. I honestly don't know what these lil buggers are. I tried to take pics but could zoom in close enough. They don't appear to fly. If they did with all of the wind from 2 fans I don't see that happening. Tommorow is a flush day. Everything gets flushed. I plan to try to flush with a PHed mixture of Azamax and H2O to try and kill remaining soil borne larvae and adjust the PH while flushing excess salts. I also plan on transplanting the strongest seedlings to 5 gal containers. They have to be close to root bound by now. I am kinda goin about this unorthodox being that I'm not able to monitor these girls 24/7 and have a limited space. So I do things like purposely keep plants in smaller pots to control space when space is limited. I also lighten up on nute regimen. Obviosly given the time frame these girls shoud be way larger, but when space is tight I've llearned to improvise. I'm no pro, I'm always experiementing trying to find easier or more convenient ways to do things and every now and then something I do works. This is one of them, just keep in mind that this technique opens the door for other problems. Pics commin later this week. Everything pretty much looks the same. Cuts have been transplanted and prop tray removed. :peace:

hi mate good to see you back growing........im back too ha ha.....and intend sticking round too..........i had a thrip problem and tried all sorts but i got them in the end......if you have problems still let me know and ill take a pic of the stuff i used.........great to speek to you mate..........be lucky weedtastic

Scrap this 1

Sorry it took so long to conclude this ill planned venture. This grow ended with a dissolved partnership and a poorly prepared plan. I apologize to those I asked to help and I didn't do my part. Ultimately the heat killed most of these plants. Which sucked because the Bubba was lookin good. The few plants that survived were donated as I moved locations. When a comfortable new location is found I may try another journal. Thanks for the support brothers and sisters. :peace: BWC

Back
Top Bottom