MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor - Soilless Mix - Grow Journal

Re: MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor (Soil less Mix) Grow Journal

Aww thanks all.:thanks: Bertha has been great and put up with a lot of my crappy lack of experience. And yes she WAS hot now she is at a happier temperature. haha:laughtwo:

So should I keep just feeding her straight water until I chop her in approx. a week? (which will be a bitter sweet day).
I will remove a small popcorn bud or two and do a quick dry and try her out. My fricken microscope didn't come in yet so I can't post pictures of her up close goodness till then. ;)

I await the King! (JohnC that is) on the trich answer.

Thanks again for the compliments. I owe most of it it her. :circle-of-love:

Bow to the king yes.

Your attentitiveness to your lady is a key factor to be applauded mj.
Keep that up and the people here for support and it can only get better!
I understand molasses has been used through the flush process .
Id just stay with the water for now.
Why mess with success right?

Good Evening!
The microscope has arrived.:cheer: Here are some ok Trich shots. They are all cloudy correct? (minus the ones sparkling from the light).:yummy:
Still0001.jpg
Still0003.jpg

:Namaste:

I picked myself a little popcorn sampler bud from the bottom... must have been good because I uploaded the pictures 3 times... pretty sure that is my phones fault though...haha anyways I did a quick dry on my ballast (it worked ;):bravo:

:rollit:

:tokin: :bongrip:

:headbanger:

not too shabby... :thumb:

I picked myself a little popcorn sampler bud from the bottom... must have been good because I uploaded the pictures 3 times... pretty sure that is my phones fault though...haha anyways I did a quick dry on my ballast (it worked ;):bravo:

:rollit:

:tokin: :bongrip:

:headbanger:

not too shabby... :thumb:

And now with the pictures.... hahaha
20140320_094814.jpg

20140320_094837.jpg

Lovely lovely lovely!
I read a post by the admin on how to cure, it said experienced growers harvest when red hairs are at 50-80% .
What would you consider your ratio to be at this time mj?
I understand why dogs roll in smelly things now!

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. I can see several trichomes that are turning to amber in your trichome photographs.

Here is the 30x jewellers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

Considering kingjohnc is on the trichome coloration for harvest I retract what I read about the pistil %'s.
But is there a corellation? say if we are stuck in the bush with no jewelry lense?

Considering kingjohnc is on the trichome coloration for harvest I retract what I read about the pistil %'s.
But is there a corellation? say if we are stuck in the bush with no jewelry lense?

I would in the least use a cell phone or camera and take pics then try to zoom in as much as you can. Trichs are a more accurate way of telling when to harvest. I have 3 different kinds, jewlers loup, pocket microscope and usb microscope. Also helpful if you are in the ''bush'' and you get a pest infestation as it will allow you to identify and fix the problem appropriately.
Yes I think generally you can go by the pistils coulor but mine have been mostly red for a while and she is not ready to harvest. So you sacrifice potency by harvesting too early. So I would get a magnifier of any kind if you can :) :thumb:

I see a lot of cloudy there looking good Mary

I see a lot of cloudy there looking good Mary
Thanks Cronichemphog. ;)
How close to harvest were you giving nutes? Did you use any molasses near the end? Shes has been on straight water for over a week just wondering if I should be giving her any as she probably has another week to go for some amber trichs.
Thanks ;)

Thanks Cronichemphog. ;)
How close to harvest were you giving nutes? Did you use any molasses near the end? Shes has been on straight water for over a week just wondering if I should be giving her any as she probably has another week to go for some amber trichs.
Thanks ;)
:lot-o-toke:
Subbed: MaryJWanna, may I take a ride on your magic (Scrog) carpet? You are a awesome grower I'm glad I found your journal. My hat is off to my lady, look out KingJohnC.

:kiss:
:lot-o-toke:
Subbed: MaryJWanna, may I take a ride on your magic (Scrog) carpet? You are a awesome grower I'm glad I found your journal. My hat is off to my lady, look out KingJohnC.
Haha I'm flattered:blushsmile: and thank you.:thanks:
I made a few mistakes along the way but with the help and knowledge from people on here:420: and KingJohnc of course I have almost succeeded. (not counting my buds till they are cured lol).
:yummy:
I could only be as lucky to be one day as skilled as the king.
I'm still blushing. But I guess I'm more critical of my grow than anyone else. :circle-of-love:

Scrog all the way bud. It was pretty easy to do.

Thanks again. You will learn as you go much like the rest of us. :)
:Namaste:

well im gonna assume your in soil so you need 1-2 weeks to flush as soon as the trichs start getting close to where you want them flush
don't wait too long cause once everything starts maturing itll happen quickly
youll get to know the timing of when to flush as you grow more and different strains have different maturation times

well im gonna assume your in soil so you need 1-2 weeks to flush as soon as the trichs start getting close to where you want them flush
don't wait too long cause once everything starts maturing itll happen quickly
youll get to know the timing of when to flush as you grow more and different strains have different maturation times

Thanks Cronichemphog,
I'm in a soil-less mix. she was flushed a week ago and been given straight water. I will flush again closer too just to make sure she is clean of the nasty crap. I want her to smoke goooood after all this work and patience ;)

Close up.

20140324_191217.jpg

WOW MaryJWanna, just WOW. Are you going to show the grow room?? are you going to show the cutting, trimming, drying, and final weight??......Pretty please.:lot-o-toke:

One word....Scrog...

Back
Top Bottom