JM26 Presents CKS AutoFem Train Wreck: The First Adventure

So, today I put my fire safe under Fiona in an attempt to have her top at the same height as Berthas. Ironically, the fire safe was exactly the right height ha ha, so that works great for Fiona, but now I'm wondering about Bertha. The rest of her branches are really low in my worry is that they won't get the amount of light they need and it'll produce smaller popcorn buds. Should I super crop Bertha, or what would you guys recommend I do?

So lights just came on and I measured everything. Right now my tops are about 8-9 inches from the light. On Bertha, the top is 8 inches away, but the other branches are all growing in the 25-30 inch range away from the light. I can really see why early training is so beneficial now, which is what I set out to discover by giving her no training.

420-magazine-mobile1481002989.jpg

Thanks and cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Those girls are looking awesome, JM!

As for supercropping, I think it's too late. I'm not 100% certain, but I think once they go into flower it's too late to do any kind of training. I think the best you could do at this point is to bend the top slightly to the side to let more light get to to the lower colas. But then only one side is exposed and another side is cut-off, so I'm not sure I'd do anything at this point.

On the other hand, I think if you have some extra lights you can rig up along the side of the tents, that would help get more light to the lower colas.

Otherwise, now is the time to be patient, right? We'll hang in there together.....though I might pinch off a small bud again and give it a test....haha.

Those girls are looking awesome, JM!

As for supercropping, I think it's too late. I'm not 100% certain, but I think once they go into flower it's too late to do any kind of training. I think the best you could do at this point is to bend the top slightly to the side to let more light get to to the lower colas. But then only one side is exposed and another side is cut-off, so I'm not sure I'd do anything at this point.

On the other hand, I think if you have some extra lights you can rig up along the side of the tents, that would help get more light to the lower colas.

Otherwise, now is the time to be patient, right? We'll hang in there together.....though I might pinch off a small bud again and give it a test....haha.

Yea I was afraid it would Beto late to do anything super effective, but I wanted to see what would happen. Looks like I'm gonna find out lol

lol I feel ya.. you could also supercrop "in the name of science" it's all an experiment. I supercropped one of my stems in the final 4-5 days to get a feel for the technique and see what would happen. It was turned back up towards the light the next day. I think if your plant still has some stretch left in her they would catch up a bit.

Ive cropped plants flowering before when they got too close to the light..
Nothin happens .the bud doesnt die or anything..as long as you dont break it clean off ur good...squeeze real hard when you bend that branch. Lol
Good luck..
I know its scary

So it's been a good long while since I've had a lot of nice pictures for everyone. Here's a few! Today's day 57. Very interested to see how you think I'm lookin oldSchool since you just grew the same genetics.

The smell is devouring my house. Hard for me to describe it because I live in it,but I know it's there.

Going off of OS grow, I have about 30 days til harvest. A question I need to ask is do I run nutes until I see the amber to cloudy ratio I want, or will I flush well before then? Still not super clear on that.

Also a little picture of the four girls coming up.

420-magazine-mobile663518370.jpg
420-magazine-mobile910281719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile612009838.jpg
420-magazine-mobile44978802.jpg
420-magazine-mobile918864572.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1855980277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2083653236.jpg
420-magazine-mobile157233911.jpg

Feedback is very welcomed, even from the greenest!

Cheers!

On one of my seedlings, I've noticed one is trying to put 4 leaves out, rather than two, almost like it's been topped. That, or it's putting out the three finger fan leaves. Is this caused by stress? This is the little girl that had a more difficult time transplanting. Maybe she'll turn into a monster!

420-magazine-mobile1567875103.jpg

Hey JM! The new girls are looking awesome! Congrats on a new grow beginning!!!

Regarding your question in your previous post about giving nutes up until harvest. I asked the guys at the hydro store the other day the exact same question. I was told that you should keep giving nutes right up until the time you decide you could harvest THAT DAY. Once you've decided you could harvest if you want, then you begin your flush period (as the harvest window is still open for a while after that).

I think that's the advice I'll be following unless I hear otherwise from folks on here.

Keep the faith! Your girls are all looking awesome!!

:cheer:

Cool. I know for sure I want a two week flush at the minimum. CKS said the flower takes 8 weeks. I'm pretty sure these babies started flowering right at the beginning of the month, which would put them into their 4th week now. Todays day 61. OldSchool just grew some TW and harvested around day 85ish. Going off of all that, hopefully 2-3 sundays from now I'll begin my flush. Once that happens, I'll be looking at about a month more!!!! 4/20 will be right around the corner by then - PERFECT.

The end is quickly approaching!

Stoned and thoughts are racing... hopefully some answers, engagements, or what have you...

Looking around, I've noticed a lot of the plants around here are buried nearly up to the first nodes. As the plant grows up, add dirt... easy enough to figure out. What're the benefits of this though? Stronger plant? More roots, creating more strength and intake? Looking at my current plants, I notice the lower stalk has white markings... would those markings have developed into roots had medium been there to protect it? I've been adding to the new pots as the babies grow.

So many leaves are beginning to grow from within the buds. Should I remove the larger fan leaves at this point to try and clear up space for light to travel, or are autos to sensitive at this stage? There is probably 15-20 fan leaves I'd like to remove tho if it isn't harmful to the yield. Are fan leaves needed for a plant at this point, or will sugar leaves be enough? If I removed the ones I'm talking about, there probably wouldn't be any left.

And I'll be going out of town for about 48 hours when it's all said and done. I give my girls a liter/day at this point, and its like clockwork. Should I just give a 2L feeding this time? I really don't know why I'm asking, bc it's really my only option. I know one liter isn't enough to supplement these drunks, and they're in 5 gallon pots... hell, I'm guessing they might even like the extra feed at this point!

Last thing I'll leave whoever is out there reading this with - the summers are pretty brutal where I'm at. Very high temperatures, very high humidities, and bugs, bugs, bugs. To try and control this, plus keep things somewhat discrete, I'm thinking of getting some pvc pipe, some joints, shaping them into a box, and then wrap it in plastic. Anyone have any kind of build designs?

Cheers!

Im here brother..look great..
Yea if you want to cut the fans off go for it..leave the sugar leaves..
Get more light in the buds..
As for the adding dirt around the stalks..
I do it just because when i first start watering the dirt settles down into the pot so i add more soil..no other reason really..

Appreciate you.

Today marks day 63. I'm thinking I'll start the flush next weekend. That'll put me just over 70 days. I'm gonna run a two week min. flush, so that'll take me to around day 85-90.

I put the pups in the tent and the humidity has skyrocketed up into the 70s at some point over a 24 hour period. The low is around 45. Is this going to be detriment to my buds? I really want the pups to get under the 1200, but not at the expensive of my buds. Is it bc I saturated the medium incredibly well in these new pups pots? If so, once that dries up and I apply small feedings, the humidity should fall, correct? . I need someone's guidance on this pretty badly.

Outside of that, everything's looking great. I'm going out of town for the weekend and I have to imagine this is what a parent feels like the first time they have to spend the night away from their child, worrying about everything when in reality everything is gonna be just fine - like I never left haha.

Anyway, a lot of pictures this week, so I'll follow this post with them. I didn't cut off all the fan leaves, but I took off a ton.

Back
Top Bottom