THC Bomb - 12 Site Ebb & Flo - First Grow & Basement Grow Room Construction

Thebigragu

Hello everyone,

This is my very first grow and I wanted to clearly document my efforts here for others to learn. I have been reviewing growing for quite some time and have got a TON of information from the wonderful people of these forums. I hope to show a step by step tutorial for building a basement grow and also for hydroponic growing. I spent a ton of time on researching equipment and have decided on the following:

2 Solis-tek Matrix 1000W Ballasts fitted with Hortilux MH bulbs for Veg and Hortilux super HPS for flower.
2 Blockbuster 6" Air-cooled reflectors
Titan Controls Flo-n-Gro 12 site system
Blue Lab PH and PPM pen
Vortex fans will figure out CFM after room is complete / also will decide on carbon filter when room

Nutes: going simple two step Technaflora Grow and bloom may use bud also

I was initially gong to buy a tent but decided to build my own grow room. I have a basement that has two halves. One side has the breaker box and water service the other side has furnace and hot water heater. Hot water heater broke so I replaced that and had the furnace serviced as well. It is a out of the way corner. I will post construction photos and my efforts periodically. I will take it step by step. Still learning how to post photos and soon as I do I will put them on this thread. Be back soon.

Re: THC bomb 12 site Ebb and Flo first grow and Basement Grow Room Construction

Thanks for the tips. Figured out I was taking the pictures upside down on my tablet. (Duh) Room is coming along nicely and I am about 80% done. I will unscrew the pictures tonight and post my progress. I have learned a lot so far. Thanks again for the tips.

I'm pulling up a chair early. I plan to turn a room into a full on flower room once i move somewhere with a basement suite. Looking forward to the construction pics.!

:popcorn:

Hello everyone.

Think I got this photo thing figured out.
image10779.jpg

This is the corner of the basement. Putting up insulation. Soon to be covered by sheet rock. It is Owens Corning Faced basement insulation $12.99 25sq ft roll Home Depot. Need five rolls to fully insulate my 10x12 room(Trying to get the images NOT to be upside down!). Work in progress!

image10781.jpg

Sigh this one is upside down too! However this screw is called Tapcon. They are made for drilling into concrete. The board on the floor is pressure treated 2x4. Where the sell the tap cons they also sell the carbide tipped drill bits where you make a pilot hole. I used the same drill bit for the pressure treated and in the concrete.Get the same size as the tapcon. They are color coded and mine was 3" 3/8 long. Worked well and the board is secure. Tap cons and bits were cheap. Sheared one off by accident.

I'll work on my photos and show the next phases of construction. After framing I will finish insulating and sheet rock.sorry about the photos

Got the photo editor. Thanks everyone. I will post proper pictures for now on. Thanks again.

Hello everyone got the photo thing figured out and here is a update

image108321.jpg

Framed in the front wall

image10835.jpg

This will be the vent hole. Going to put plywood to cover the window and put a dryer vent to the outside. I will paint the plywood the same color as the foundation for stealth.

image10833.jpg

Wired in a total of 3 20 amp dedicated circuits

image10848.jpg

Made this door out of 2x4's and the wood from some old shelving.

Will work on insulating room and then hanging Sheetrock. Important tips about building basement wall is to nail a header board on top of the joists and a pressure treated 2x4 on the floor. Anchor this footer board with tap con screws and a carbide tipped drill bit for making a pilot hole in the floor. With a solid header and footer board makes it extremely sturdy and secure. Next step is finishing the insulation and sheet rocking with gypsum board. Framing in two walls one 10' and one 12 feet took 14 2x4's at $2.37 each and 4 pressure treated 2x4's at $5.87 each. I used 12 tap cons 3and 3/4 anchors and three carbide tipped drill bits at which cost about $8.50. One box of 100 brite 3 and 3/4" framing nails which cost about $8. The walls are solid and I will finish insulating with Owens Corning r-19 faced basement insulation. I am using four 25' rolls to insulate the walls and ceiling. I will sheet rock and give another update. Any questions please post and I will do my best to answer them.

Quick update. Just got my seeds from attitude seed bank. Took five days.

image10923.jpg

Going to put these into rapid rooters soon.

Hello Everyone,

A update on my grow room build. It has been a lot of work getting together but I am almost done. I took my time and built it to the best of my ability. Overall construction cost were about $700.00 total. I used high quality materials throughout the build. If you are going to build a similar room take your time and watch a lot of home improvement videos.

During my construction my very nice and very nosey neighbor saw me bringing 2x4's into my house and she asked me what I was building in my house! I told her I was refinishing my basement and building a storeroom. I'm saying to myself "Good God this bitch has me under surveillance! I thought about it and I think she was just trying to make conversation in her own fucked up way. My home is well cared for and no one would suspect that I am building a grow room in such a lovely middle class neighborhood.

So here is a update!

image11161.jpg

Finally finished the insulation! It took six rolls of Owens Corning R-13 faced basement insulation to complete this and a shit ton of T-50 staples. Oh a side note...if you are going to build a room the first thing you should buy are these nice nylon work gloves like mechanics use. The are a lifesaver! Trust me! Your hands take a beating!

I picked up 12 sheets of fire code gypsum board dry wall yesterday and hopefully will hang it today.

image11160.jpg

Planted my seeds two days ago. I planted the seeds directly into rapid rooters. I read a bunch of stuff on germination and decided to place the seeds dry into ph'd moistened plugs. I am using a heat mat under fluorescent lights 6 inches above the surface. Four have already popped and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Planted 15 seeds need 12. C'mon Rapid Rooters!

I picked up all my hydro stuff from the store yesterday. Got a good deal, everything cost me $1650. Only got one light, but will get a second in a couple of weeks. I brought it into the house from a van I rented at 1:00AM so that the all seeing eye next door would be asleep. It went off with out a hitch. Okay peeps I will post after the dry wall is up and the we start putting together the hydro stuff!
Peace!

Looks great...Nice work...Subd

I have been growing a bunch of THC Bomb this past year (indoors, tent)...I really like the plant and the final product

Currently I'm growing 7 THC Bomb outdoors (clones from a good mother plant)...I will be following along closely

Good luck with everything :peace:

One thing I have noticed with a few of the thcb plants I started from seed is abnormal growth in seedling stage...don't get worried if this happens ...all of my plants that did that, grew out of it and turned out to be excellent plants

Also I found they can be nute sensitive...so err on the side of less nutes...I read somewhere that THC Bomb is from a white strain (which do better with less nutes)...not sure if that is correct but It makes sense to me as my plants have grown much better with less than the brand recommended amount

One thing I have noticed with a few of the thcb plants I started from seed is abnormal growth in seedling stage...don't get worried if this happens ...all of my plants that did that, grew out of it and turned out to be excellent plants

Also I found they can be nute sensitive...so err on the side of less nutes...I read somewhere that THC Bomb is from a white strain (which do better with less nutes)...not sure if that is correct but It makes sense to me as my plants have grown much better with less than the brand recommended amount

I'm growing White Widow (original genetics of the strain), White rhino and great white Shark (both original genetics like the widow, from greenhouse seeds) all 3 are white strains related to each other and i can say, my plants LOVE the nutes. was feeding my Rhinos almost 3 full weeks ahead of what i should have been feeding it, and they are looking frosty as hell, and no nute burn at all.. So really it depends on your breeder/genetics of the strain.

However, what you just said is some good information to know cause i plan to order some THC bomb seeds myself. I hope this isn't the case with all of Bomb Seeds THC bomb beans.

subbed, let's see how a thc bomb normally grow

Good luck and nice to meet you :ganjamon:

All of the seeds germinated! Thank you Bomb Seeds! Sheet rock is up. Pics and info tonight.

Back
Top Bottom