MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor - Soilless Mix - Grow Journal

Re: MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor (Soil less Mix) Grow Journal

WOW MaryJWanna, just WOW. Are you going to show the grow room?? are you going to show the cutting, trimming, drying, and final weight??......Pretty please.:lot-o-toke:
I think there is a full pic of my tent at beginning of journal? And yes I will share the harvest and the guessing of weight is super fun so yes!! Ill check tomorrow and will post one tomorrow. I just have a bunch of veggies and flowers sprouting in there now. Lol

Bertha is on last day of week 9. She is getting some awesome purple coloring on her small fan leaves.
20140328_085709.jpg

:lot-o-toke:Awesome job MaryJWanna, I'll check in on you later. I went back to look at your tent, clean set up, I love it.

Gratz Mary :thumb:

Thanks Cronichemphog and 60cal. :Namaste:

So she is in week 10 now. Still fully cloudy hardly any amber. I gave her a little molasses and water flush a few days ago, thought it couldn't hurt. (approx. 1 tsp a gallon).

Still patiently waiting for some more amber... getting very antsy.:yummy:
I purchased some fiskers and small clippers for bud trimming...
Got me some rubber gloves ( as per KingJohnC's method)
Going to attempt the hanging upside down method as I do not have a fancy drier yet.

So ya. I continue to wait....and watch... and wait...:bongrip:

Thanks Cronichemphog and 60cal. :Namaste:

So she is in week 10 now. Still fully cloudy hardly any amber. I gave her a little molasses and water flush a few days ago, thought it couldn't hurt. (approx. 1 tsp a gallon).

Still patiently waiting for some more amber... getting very antsy.:yummy:
I purchased some fiskers and small clippers for bud trimming...
Got me some rubber gloves ( as per KingJohnC's method)
Going to attempt the hanging upside down method as I do not have a fancy drier yet.

So ya. I continue to wait....and watch... and wait...:bongrip:

Hey MaryJWanna, what fancy drier are you talking about, maybe some cool gadget I don't know about?:lot-o-toke:

Hey MaryJWanna, what fancy drier are you talking about, maybe some cool gadget I don't know about?:lot-o-toke:
Hey its a cool hanging drier rack that is made of a mesh so that the air circulates and dries the bud evenly. If you scroll up and check out KingJohnC's most recent completed journal you can see pics and more info there. ;)
I just have the ghetto clothes pin thing going on. Lol
Will post pics later. Took over 5 hrs for two of us to chop her and trim her this am. And man is my back sore lol.

:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine:

Sorry for the delay. Now for the harvest... :cheer::party:
Berta was at 9 and a half weeks, fully cloudy maybe 3 percent amber. She wasn't developing any more amber and some of the fan leaves were starting to get dry so i decided it was time. We harvested her first thing in the morning before the lights turned on. Got set up and started chopping. Had some awesome Fiskers (Walmart 20 bucks) that even cut through the stem which i took a picture of because it was cool. We also used a couple different needle nose type scissors. It took two of us to cut and manicure. I was a perfectionist for the first 3 1/2 hours then I just got a little sloppy. (I figured I can take the rest of when it is dry as some methods recommend doing it when dry anyway. ;) Also noted that the smell is not as strong as expected. But the smell that it does have is lemony woody goodness.

20140402_074425.jpg
20140402_074823.jpg
20140402_110234.jpg
20140402_092542.jpg
20140402_202120.jpg
20140402_123327.jpg
20140402_120923.jpg

And here comes the fun part for you! Here are the pics of the drying session. The closet is abou 2'5'' by 4'. each pic is one side of the closet. It is all visible minus approx. 5 grams. She was not watered for 4 days before harvest.
Price is Right rules.
Guess what the dry weight (fully trimmed) will be without going over. :)
20140402_130851.jpg
20140402_130902.jpg

Here is a different view of the first picture ( do not include it in your guess lol)
20140402_201730.jpg

:lot-o-toke:OUTSTANDING MaryJWanna:thumb::high-five::peace:

Congratulations on your harvest! I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Softouch Micro Tip Pruning Snip

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

Congratulations on your harvest! I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Softouch Micro Tip Pruning Snip

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens
Thanks kingjohnc,
The store I went to didnt have any so I got those lol. Just used bare hands after a while anyways.
I only dried them for 3 days before curing as they were quite dry. Some little popcorn ones were crispy dry. They are curing now. Unfortunately came across a few seeds while trimming. Could not find any male parts. And do the foxtailing bud create seedlike formations (soft) (when you grind bud) or were they just seeds that had not fully matured? For example on the tips of some of the foxtails there seems to be what looks like a seed developing or just a shell type thing when I open it. Hoping its just a foxtail thing and not a my whole plant went hermie and I effed up thing. Lol
Thanks.

:goodjob::circle-of-love:

Your so hard on yourself !
Dont be.
The soft shell like piece is likely an immature seed.
The plant may not be perfect, but did beautifully :)
You did great mj, so did bertha
I hope the smoke is fantastic and your a happy girl down by the river

Back
Top Bottom