MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor - Soilless Mix - Grow Journal

Re: MaryJWanna's Train Wreck Indoor (Soil less Mix) Grow Journal

Looking good :bravo:

I see some nice color in there, too. How's that coming along?

She is maintaining her colour. Not getting any lighter or darker. So just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and hope she doesn't take a turn for the worst:) Thanks for the comment :)

Thanks

Is it me or is it getting frosty in there.. ;) Looks delish.

Thank you I have 5 more weeks of being patient lol

Starting week 4 since flip. She is exuding some pungent aromas of lemony pine woodsyness...:yummy:
She is maintaining a light/lime green color. Yellowing of leaves in middle of plant seems to be slowing down.

Here are some pics.
20140216_170531_2_.jpg

20140216_171509.jpg

She is getting a bit top heavy and going to have to give her some reinforcement soon. Thought her scrog would be support enough but she has grown about 8 inches in height over the screen and the colas are getting top heavy. lol

Would like some points of view on defoliating. Have heard good point for and against it. Heard its not good to do it if you haven't been doing it in the veg stage as well... I'm all for a higher yield but don't want to over stress my girl. :) Thanks for your input in advance. :)

subbed looking good :thumb:

Hey Dresney, The seeds are from GreenHouse Seeds. The websites says 9 week flower for my Train Wreck. But will also be monitoring trichs closely :)
hi mj i dont remember if i told you i did train wreck my last grow i went 10-11 weeks under led lighting just harvested but i veg from june threw nov then flower its nice smoke gl hun

hi mj i dont remember if i told you i did train wreck my last grow i went 10-11 weeks under led lighting just harvested but i veg from june threw nov then flower its nice smoke gl hun

Hey yttocs1010 no I don't think you told me this before. thanks for the input and letting me know I may have to wait even longer lol. So did you harvest according to the trichs color? Did you do mostly milky or amber? I will be checking out your journal shortly. Which probably has the answer to most of my questions :)

Hey yttocs1010 no I don't think you told me this before. thanks for the input and letting me know I may have to wait even longer lol. So did you harvest according to the trichs color? Did you do mostly milky or amber? I will be checking out your journal shortly. Which probably has the answer to most of my questions :)
15%amber very nice buzz

So very nice mary.
If your humidity and lower development are coming along nicely why would you defoliate?
If botrytis could become an issue I would defoliate, otherwise I would not.
I will be following your thread :)
Im also curious if trimming now is an ok practice.

So very nice mary.
If your humidity and lower development are coming along nicely why would you defoliate?
If botrytis could become an issue I would defoliate, otherwise I would not.
I will be following your thread :)
Im also curious if trimming now is an ok practice.

Hey Canadarolls,
Thank you.
It was suggested to me by an experienced member. I've been reading up on it.:reading420magazine: It is a greatly debated practice. Some say it is good and will increase bud size as more light will get to bud site. Also many say it will stunt the plant. I think it is a little too advanced for me for my first grow. It makes sense to get rid of the crap under the scrog (popcorn buds) which theoretically allows the plant to make better use of energy for the big buds but it could stress her out if a newb like me does it wrong or over does it. So I think I will not attempt it this grow. :)
:hippy:

Looking real nice!!

Why thank you, :thanks:we have had a few ups and downs and hopefully no more incidents...:wood: all my fault of course. She has been a trooper. :love: Luckily they are resilient :)

I defoliate in vegetative growth and in flowering. You can defoliate the lower growth and any leaf that shades a bud site. Defoliation in flowering can be done at days 21-25 when the stretch phase has ended and again at day 45 if needed. Bassman59 has run several journals in which he defoliates and has excellent harvests.

@Bassman59

I defoil slowly (a couple leafs at a time) in veg to expose the inner nodes. Rule of thumb for me is if it gets light it will grow if it doesnt it wont. I will tie leaves back in veg and do massive LST. The combination makes a bushy ScroG machine. After they go under the screen you have to tuck the shit out of the upper leaves to expose nodes to light. If you cant move/tuck it then it has to go. I would rather have another cola then more fan leaves. If you dont go crazy it will just replace it somewhere else with little to no stress. Week two I start to cut anything under the screen that wont get light (no light no grow) and finish by the end of week two. It will promote bigger/better top buds and not waste the plants energy. Check out my journals and you can see how I do it if it helps. I like your grow keep it up.:bravo:

And for a beginner's perspective on defoliation....

I was tempted to defoliate around three weeks into flower, but I'm glad I didn't. Right around that time my GDP developed curling in her leaves from nitrogen toxicity. I cut back the nitrogen and flushed her really well. By doing this, I think I removed everything beneficial in her soil. In a week's time I'd say she drained about 20-30% of her largest fan leaves. I worry about what the plant would look like now if I had removed those leaves right before she needed them.

Now that she's back into a healthy balance, I pick off 'troubled' or 'used' leaves. I remove a lot of the thin, limp leaves deep in the plant that keep trying to grow, but never thrive. After a fan leaf is at least 80% yellow and a bit crinkly on the ends, I will remove that.

I think it's something you have evaluate with each plant. If my humidity were too high, I'd probably remove more leaves. I wouldn't remove any leaves if my humidity were too low, unless I risked powdery mildew development. When Loretta started having 'the troubles' I picked a lot off of her growth simply to be able to see her branches easier.

Barring any of those issues, I'm more inclined to leave them because I now view them as a safety reserve. Maybe once I'm pro and feel like I won't need that backup, I'll do heavier defol, but not now. :)

a little light defoliation doesn't hurt
Happy Tokerday Mary :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom