Can plantsd hermie in veg from too much stress?

tallboy2023

My first grow hermied on me during flower. I think I defoliated too late into flower. I'll never do that again. Ruined some amazing plants. I'm curious about the veg stage and stress. Can plants hermie during veg if stressed too much or is that more of a concern during flower?

My first grow hermied on me during flower. I think I defoliated too late into flower. I'll never do that again. Ruined some amazing plants. I'm curious about the veg stage and stress. Can plants hermie during veg if stressed too much or is that more of a concern during flower?

nothing shows sex until pre-flower or flower. most growers won't catch it until later. most hermies show as female in pre-flower. it isn't until later in flower that the trait shows generally. autos are usually harder to catch than photos.

not much you can tell in veg.

I way over stressed one of my plants during flower last grow and it hermied. I striped it around day 42. Dumb move. I'm wondering if stress in veg can make a plant more prone to hermie in flower? I'm super gun shy now.

I way over stressed one of my plants during flower last grow and it hermied. I striped it around day 42. Dumb move. I'm wondering if stress in veg can make a plant more prone to hermie in flower? I'm super gun shy now.

it depends on what is going on in your environment. most times it is a genetic predisposition. staying away from autos and staying with stable photos will help. growing regs over femmed also decreases the chances.

as a newer grower your best shot at success is splitting the difference and going with a femmed photo to start.

That's actually what I had at hermied on me. She was beautiful and doing incredibly well pretty much up until the point I stripped her down. From that point on she was never the same.

defol can be hard to get correct for new folk. i always recommend leaving the plants alone for the first couple grows before attempting any training or defol. get a few jars filled before taking new skills and learning on.

if you do defol i suggest taking no more than 10%. nearly everyone winds up taking more. always have it done within the 2wk window after flip. i defol a little in veg, and then once in flower.

it may not have been the defol that stressed it. many times growers will attribute something that happens to the last thing they can think of, whether correct or not.

Sure they can, I believe any strains wether Photos and autos will Hermie due to a lil to much stress. I'm not an expert so take that with a grain of salt but I have seen friends plants Hermie just due to a lil to much training. Also I have seen autos Hermie just from too much defoliation. Good luck 🤞

It could be genetics TB, little late on the strip but no big deal..you can see them better after a lollipop.
TBH, it probably was genetics like @CaptainLucky mentioned because they usually start showing balls around week 4 (28) days in flower. You strip on day 42.
Don't be gun shy, personally I strip them week 4 and they bounce right back

I will start checking week 3 in flower to make sure everything cool up to 5 weeks in flower so I don't seed my grow.
Had a couple last run, no big deal but honestly don't think it's from the strip, you gave her a better environment doing it imo

Strip before flower, after they stretch in flower and I do it again in week 7.
I've never grown a Auto.. just talking regs fems

Cheers..

Well if you put them in flower under alot of stress or any EXCESSIVE stress will make them do that and by stress I mean over watered, under watered heat,high humidity with high heat lack of light to much light to much fertilizer pests so on so defoliation might not have been the problem or maybe over defoliation might have caused it live and learn I thin my plants out in flower no issues but it's happened to me before wrecked a whole good run with seeds but I learned something

Well if you put them in flower under alot of stress or any EXCESSIVE stress will make them do that and by stress I mean over watered, under watered heat,high humidity with high heat lack of light to much light to much fertilizer pests so on so defoliation might not have been the problem or maybe over defoliation might have caused it live and learn I thin my plants out in flower no issues but it's happened to me before wrecked a whole good run with seeds but I learned something
Can't learn anything if life is always GOOD 👍👍✌️

Back
Top Bottom