Can you flower and grow clones in same room?

Curly Beaver

I have one room about 6' X 3.5', one MarsHydro 96X5 reflector light, and one 440 carbon filter. I do have plants in veg at the moment (almost 30 days old) and in preparation for flowering, I would like to know how to take a couple of clones and let them root while the big ones flower. There may be an easy answer but I could not find it. Equipping another room is out of the question, but I could certainly pull the clones out for an extra 6 hours of sunlight now but when winter comes would just room light be sufficient to keep the clones from flowering?

Getting to the point...is there a way to flower and clone in the same room and still keep the clones in veg without them going into flower mode?

I am handy enough to make a small cabinet inside of my space if this would work, just trying to avoid the cost of another filter and $100+ light.

Thanks.

build u a box bro get a cheap little florescent and they will clone like crazy now growing ur clones is another problem maybe u can cover ur flowering plants up with a black tarp or something like that
image_436.jpeg
image_526.jpeg
image_621.jpeg

this is my clone box and i can do like 50 clones at a time in it

I used 72" tall metal bakers' shelves and divided my cabinet into upper and lower shelves, blocking off the upper lights from the lower lights with a piece of plastic tarp. With training you can get by with 30" chambers. Each chamber can have its own timer, so you can have both veg and flower in the same amt of floor space.

it work very well for me. You can do this in a closet, too.

Thank you for the replies.
I did come up with an idea after reading them. Would it be possible to put a tarp up between the two rooms and just pick up the couple clones and move them under some cheaper lights for that extra 6 hours when the flowering room went dark? This way I could use the same filter. If it would work with just a tarp or heavy blanket separating the two, what kind of inexpensive lights would I need to put above the clones? Remember they would be coming out from under the M.H. 96X5 LED which would shut down for the 6 hours.

Thank you for the replies.
I did come up with an idea after reading them. Would it be possible to put a tarp up between the two rooms and just pick up the couple clones and move them under some cheaper lights for that extra 6 hours when the flowering room went dark? This way I could use the same filter. If it would work with just a tarp or heavy blanket separating the two, what kind of inexpensive lights would I need to put above the clones? Remember they would be coming out from under the M.H. 96X5 LED which would shut down for the 6 hours.

Your clones aren't gonna put off an odor as much as the flowering buds will. So as long as you can get a black tarp or maybe some black/white panda film and out the white side facing the flowering plants with the black on the clone side. Of course you're going to lose reflectivity for your clones but as long as you get a couple good size CFL bulbs or tubes, you'll be okay.

You're going to want CFLs that put out 6000k or higher. It should say on the box. If I'm not mistaken the 60w cfl bulbs are 6400k and those are perfect.

For vegging you want 5000k and higher for flower you want 3000k and lower.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it's imperative that you make sure no light gets to your flowering plants during dark periods. You can interrupt their flowering.

You can use two white tarps with a black sheet or any kind of blanket between them. This is a lot cheaper than a Panda tarp, which runs well over $50 here. Two cheap white tarps cost $30, and you certainly have a dark sheet or a blanket tucked away somewhere. This will give you reflectivity on both sides.

Amazon has 10'x10' panda film for $15 a pack. That's what I bought. You could fold it in half so there's white on both sides.

At $15 each, you can buy two and put them back to back! TY. zBrickz for the info. This eliminates the weight of the blanket when hanging.

For cloning info, check out the cloning section of the following sticky. There's a lot of info, so you'll have to do a bit of scrolling:

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

As for keeping clones, you can build a separate room/area in your flowering room, as long as you have proper ventilation and don't let the extra light leak into the flowering room.

TY, xBRICKz! I bookmarked that site, so if the mods DO remove it, I have it saved. ;-)

I looked this up and read the customer reviews. Sounds like it is less than half the thickness of a poly tarp, and is a bit fragile and not completely light proof. IMO it's better to spend the extra money of two white tarps and sandwich a blanket between them. (Since you need a double-sided white partition).

For cloning info, check out the cloning section of the following sticky. There's a lot of info, so you'll have to do a bit of scrolling:

As for keeping clones, you can build a separate room/area in your flowering room, as long as you have proper ventilation and don't let the extra light leak into the flowering room.

I did this by installing a wire shelf about halfway up in the veg area. If you're training your ladies horizontally, you shouldn't need more than 30" - 36" height for the lower chamber, leaving the rest of your tent/shelving for the clones. I was able to install two different light schedules, because just before harvest, I ran out of room for my flowering ladies. Now both chambers are on one light schedule, and everything is in veg or re-veg.

Thanks for the replies. Knowing that others have done this helps a lot, and when it's time to flower I'll be ready for a couple clones as well.

See if this looks like it will work. Adjacent to the grow area is a spot underneath a stairway. I already had a sturdy 3/4" shelf 26" x 40" that I was using for storage. I made a 1/4" plywood door with some handles and covered it with Mylar on both sides. I have a 13W CFL that I will put it in a trouble light to put in there. My plans are just to put 2-3 clones in there for the 6 hours a day while the flowering room goers dark. I think this will work but am not sure if I need to put ventilation in there for that 6 hours????
IMAG24872.jpg

and with the door in place
IMAG24883.jpg

Back
Top Bottom