Cannabis Dosing: Delivery Methods & Dosing Guidelines

OK, Sue...I got your email. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!:love::circle-of-love::love:

I saw that you're waiting for your bakery to be done and then you need to hit-the-hay, so goodnight to you fine lady!! I will bother you no more tonight and tomorrow you will probably wake to some silly questions from me.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I cannot find the words to properly thank you enough for all you have ALREADY done for me and my father...you have managed to make my heart smile in the darkest time of my life. You truly are a godsend.:hug:

Get some sleep, Angel...I will bug ya again, tomorrow.:thanks::circle-of-love::thanks::green_heart:

OK, I'll meet you tomorrow in Study Hall!

And you're right, I am a fighter....although, those that know me best choose to call me something else! Lol! Starts with a B and ends with ITCH. THAT, my dear, is what I'm know as 'round here!:cheesygrinsmiley: Apparently, it's a term of endearment from those who know me best, it just means I take no sh*t....my dad made me that way.:love:

Again, see ya in Study Hall tomorrow Susie-Q!!! (I hope you don't hate when people call u that):high-five:

I'll see you tomorrow baby. :hug: :love:

Hey-o Sue

Boy howdy but you've been busy researching and compiling A LOT of good info.

Timely too!
Osteoporosis big time here, plenty chronic pain if I do more than sit in a chair. I do more than sit in a chair so....
Opiods have gotten to where they accentuate more than ease the pains. In as much as I can't smoke enough to dull the pain I had been formulating a post that would have touched on what delivery methods I'd do well to explore.

Enter SweetSue.

I have read and searched and done not much more than confuse myself and here in a couple of threads you've presented a wealth of ideas in a clear manner the like of which even I can understand!

Thank you Sue, stay sweet (-;

Hey-o Sue

Boy howdy but you've been busy researching and compiling A LOT of good info.

Timely too!
Osteoporosis big time here, plenty chronic pain if I do more than sit in a chair. I do more than sit in a chair so....
Opiods have gotten to where they accentuate more than ease the pains. In as much as I can't smoke enough to dull the pain I had been formulating a post that would have touched on what delivery methods I'd do well to explore.

Enter SweetSue.

I have read and searched and done not much more than confuse myself and here in a couple of threads you've presented a wealth of ideas in a clear manner the like of which even I can understand!

Thank you Sue, stay sweet (-;

Well, this really warmed my heart olderthandirt. It was my pleasure and it brings me pleasure to know how timely it was for you. :hug: Lets get you off those opiods and onto to a plan that will offer you more than pain relief.

Are you aware that CBD stimulates bone growth? You might want to look into incorporating one of the CBD-dominant strains into your personal protocol. Here's a link to an article published last year in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research that speaks to this very issue.

Cannabidiol, a Major Non-Psychotropic Cannabis Constituent Enhances Fracture Healing and Stimulates Lysyl Hydroxylase Activity in Osteoblasts - Kogan - 215 - Journal of Bone and Mineral Research - Wiley Online Library

Then, of course, there's the issue of reduced inflammation and better frame of mind. All things CBD, in synergy with THC can bring about for you, thereby improving your quality of life.

I'm thinking an olive oil infusion, which is most capable of retaining the entire entourage effect cannabis has to offer to the home producer of cannabis therapy meds, should be something you think about too. I'll be taking my own advice there with my next series of harvests. PsyCro's been playing around with this approach for a couple years now. If I've intrigued you, seek him out. He's been real excited lately about the improvement a pressure cooker brought to the whole process.

Heal my friend. At the very least, get better pain management. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'll need to make me own tinctures. Cannabis is "legal" here in Oregon, with caveats of course.
I can buy all the smoke I want and as of the 2nd of this month some edibles and vape only extracts. All other forms of extracts and edibles requires I have an official State issued MMJ Card.

I read of the CBD promoting osteoclast production some time ago. Exciting!
Must grow more (-:

I noticed that you said to use a CBD rich strain for anxiety, but then a few lines further down said CBD can cause more anxiety. So do you mean a strain that's Hugh CBD, but just not do that much?

I have severe clinical depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and PTSD. Anyway then on top of that I have CVS (Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome). It's hard to choose which to manage at any one point in time. Seems like I hardly ever use it recreationally anymore. Seriously when I "get high" now days it's kind of uncomfortable, even though I use to get much higher when I smoked as a teen. At a certain point though I kind of stopped smoking just to get that way but for the mood leveling effects.

Suppositories seem like they would be most promising to treat nausea and vomiting that I experience. I get such a hyper sensitivity to taste that even smoking it often times induces vomiting before quelling it. Still better once than all week... Google Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome sometime, it's the worse. Plus since I do have a high tolerance I have to smoke a lot, like a gram at a time or more to get relief.

I noticed that you said to use a CBD rich strain for anxiety, but then a few lines further down said CBD can cause more anxiety. So do you mean a strain that's Hugh CBD, but just not do that much?

I have severe clinical depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD and PTSD. Anyway then on top of that I have CVS (Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome). It's hard to choose which to manage at any one point in time. Seems like I hardly ever use it recreationally anymore. Seriously when I "get high" now days it's kind of uncomfortable, even though I use to get much higher when I smoked as a teen. At a certain point though I kind of stopped smoking just to get that way but for the mood leveling effects.

Suppositories seem like they would be most promising to treat nausea and vomiting that I experience. I get such a hyper sensitivity to taste that even smoking it often times induces vomiting before quelling it. Still better once than all week... Google Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome sometime, it's the worse. Plus since I do have a high tolerance I have to smoke a lot, like a gram at a time or more to get relief.

Hello TheFertilizer. Yes, I meant that some people may experience more anxiety with a much higher CBD:THC ratio. That's important to know if you're dealing with anxiety already.

May I ask, are you smoking predominantly sativa strains? You mentioned feeling less than optimal when you smoke and that's often a sign of a sensitivity to a high THC sativa. Have you explored any CBD strains at 2:1, or even a balanced 1:1 ratio?

Given your history with nausea and vomiting that option of suppositories does sound like a better choice. You'll get more cannabinoids into the system that way as well.

According to my notes the acid cannabinoids THCA and CBDA are both useful for treating nausea and vomiting as well. They'd be best dosed with juicing. Given your sensitivity to taste, this may not work for you though. It can be frustrating, huh?

Good luck in your search for relief and healing.

Hello TheFertilizer. Yes, I meant that some people may experience more anxiety with a much higher CBD:THC ratio. That's important to know if you're dealing with anxiety already.

May I ask, are you smoking predominantly sativa strains? You mentioned feeling less than optimal when you smoke and that's often a sign of a sensitivity to a high THC sativa. Have you explored any CBD strains at 2:1, or even a balanced 1:1 ratio?

Given your history with nausea and vomiting that option of suppositories does sound like a better choice. You'll get more cannabinoids into the system that way as well.

According to my notes the acid cannabinoids THCA and CBDA are both useful for treating nausea and vomiting as well. They'd be best dosed with juicing. Given your sensitivity to taste, this may not work for you though. It can be frustrating, huh?

Good luck in your search for relief and healing.

Well what I mean is when I use to smoke purely for recreation, I liked to get enough of an effect that my depth perception, perception of time, etc. were altered. My "body buzz" felt like someone stuck me inside of a vibrating bed. Now though I kind of avoid getting that intoxicated because it's so wasteful to smoke enough to get there, you start needing more and more and there's a point of diminishing returns where you have to smoke a whole bowl or two to feel a thing. I try to avoid that anymore and just smoke until I "feel good". General mood uplift, or physical maladies become unnoticed, that's what I am looking for. Going beyond that I get uncomfortable because I am not used to it anymore.

I tried a strain called CBD remedy that was 17% CBD and 1% THC and I loved it. Very mellow, just relaxing with very little intoxicating effect. It seems that the higher the THC:CBD ratio the more likely it gives me anxiety, personally speaking.

I think Sativas are kind of a rarity for me. Mostly see hybrids and indica. Years ago when everything I smoked was commercial schwag grown by cartels I believe it was Mexican landrace Sativas, Guerrero and Oaxaca. That stuff gave me most of the psychedelic effects I mentioned and I don't think I have ever really experienced similar with full blown Sativa except for one called Cosmic Charlie. I loved that stuff because I could smoke a bowl and just be happy, or smoke two and be tripped out.

I can answer that for you. I assume you have your oil in a syringe. You start by drying your gums. Put a small amount (a small grain of rice) on your finger. Some people are able to put their finger straight on their gums and the tack will stick. For me it just smeared around and made a mess. Instead, I take a q-tip and cut the cotton end off. Now I have a round smooth plastic stick. With the tack on your finger, roll it onto the stick. Then roll it off onto your dried gums. It will stick. Now, if you are looking to avoid the "high", Don't swallow for 20 minutes or so. If you don't mind the high, go for it,(we call this a sloppy tack :drool:) Be aware, it can be strong depending on your meds. Hope this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:

I can answer that for you. I assume you have your oil in a syringe. You start by drying your gums. Put a small amount (a small grain of rice) on your finger. Some people are able to put their finger straight on their gums and the tack will stick. For me it just smeared around and made a mess. Instead, I take a q-tip and cut the cotton end off. Now I have a round smooth plastic stick. With the tack on your finger, roll it onto the stick. Then roll it off onto your dried gums. It will stick. Now, if you are looking to avoid the "high", Don't swallow for 20 minutes or so. If you don't mind the high, go for it,(we call this a sloppy tack :drool:) Be aware, it can be strong depending on your meds. Hope this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:
I'm on it! Lol! I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you so much supergroomer!

Ok, so it was a tad bit tricky, but I got it to stick... not where I put it, but it migrated to just under my teeth with an 1/8" of gum above it.

When will I feel the effects? What are the desired effects? I remember reading it can help when someone has cancer. Does that mean by me tacking, I can potentially ward off cancer?

By including a regular and consistent cannabis therapy you could potentially keep your body in a state of homeostasis. This would negate any presence of cancer. Should any mutation occur your body will be more capable of responding appropriately to the challenge and eliminate the cancerous cells.

One of the hallmarks of tacking done correctly is that you won't feel any euphoria. What you will begin to feel is a sense of wellness. Your hair will become shinier, your fingernails stronger. Your mental outlook will improve. Tacking fools the brain into believing you're already in homeostasis and you become relaxed and more positive.

The entire function of the endocannabinoid system is to perpetuate homeostasis, that state of balance, health and wholeness. All we're doing with cannabis is sending in backup troops to more easily fascilitate this process.

When you're treating cancer you're usually incorporating another delivery method and using tacking to prime the pump. One could use tacking alone, with multiple applications every day. I can't imagine being comfortable with my lips being that sticky, so I'd opt for smaller tacks and larger cannabinoid loads through some other deliver method.

By including a regular and consistent cannabis therapy you could potentially keep your body in a state of homeostasis. This would negate any presence of cancer. Should any mutation occur your body will be more capable of responding appropriately to the challenge and eliminate the cancerous cells.

One of the hallmarks of tacking done correctly is that you won't feel any euphoria. What you will begin to feel is a sense of wellness. Your hair will become shinier, your fingernails stronger. Your mental outlook will improve. Tacking fools the brain into believing you're already in homeostasis and you become relaxed and more positive.

The entire function of the endocannabinoid system is to perpetuate homeostasis, that state of balance, health and wholeness. All we're doing with cannabis is sending in backup troops to more easily fascilitate this process.

When you're treating cancer you're usually incorporating another delivery method and using tacking to prime the pump. One could use tacking alone, with multiple applications every day. I can't imagine being comfortable with my lips being that sticky, so I'd opt for smaller tacks and larger cannabinoid loads through some other deliver method.
Thanks for the info sue. I'm starting to taste it. It's bitter. Tastes like it smokes.

Thanks for the info sue. I'm starting to taste it. It's bitter. Tastes like it smokes.

My next Dark Devil Auto I'm going to try to max out a harvest so I have enough to make oil. It's the tastiest of all the strains I've grown and I'm certain it's going to make very tasty oil. I'm making a tincture of it and can't wait to try that too.

Part of your bitterness is because you left your wash/bud mix sit in the freezer for 30 minutes, which pulled the chlorophyll and waxes out. If you do the washes within 3 minutes you can avoid that. The chlorophyll is bitter.

Regardless, I'm sure all oil has a funky taste.

My next Dark Devil Auto I'm going to try to max out a harvest so I have enough to make oil. It's the tastiest of all the strains I've grown and I'm certain it's going to make very tasty oil. I'm making a tincture of it and can't wait to try that too.

Part of your bitterness is because you left your wash/bud mix sit in the freezer for 30 minutes, which pulled the chlorophyll and waxes out. If you do the washes within 3 minutes you can avoid that. The chlorophyll is bitter.

Regardless, I'm sure all oil has a funky taste.
Ok. 3 mins, not 30. I must have remembered wrong. I'll know better next time. Thank you Sue.

Ok. 3 mins, not 30. I must have remembered wrong. I'll know better next time. Thank you Sue.

You'll be amazed at the difference Canna. Golden oil instead of black and a much cleaner taste. How are you feeling?

Back
Top Bottom