Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hi Cannabe1, a) I would first divide the 1/2 gram into grain of rice sized increments, then I'd divide each grain of rice into 2 or 4 tacks. b) give her water and a snack or meal if it's mealtime before taking the doses. c) apply the 2 or 4 tacks to dose a grain of rice worth of oil. d) I usually wait at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking again. d) remember to drink water throughout the day - I typically drink water with every meal + every time I have to use the potty :)

Hi cannabe1,

When tacking even a grain of rice is too much at one time to tack. Try tacking a small amount like the size of a small dot. Then flatten the dot with a toothpick on the index finger of your dosing hand. Then with pressure apply that small amount to the gums (bottom). Apply the tacking procedure in the dosing tutorial. Remove your finger, anything left? Find another spot on the gum right next to the one you applied. Do this until a 'grain of rice' is fully applied. Do this 5-6 times a day every couple of hours. You achieve the half gram of rice this way throughout the day. It insures the proper way to take the oil. Small amounts more times a day is the key to the kingdom. Make sure she hydrates a lot through the day. Always eat before taking a dose (even if it is a small snack). Never drink hot/warm beverages after taking a dose, chilled water is fine. In fact, after dosing a small amount of chilled water gently swished around in the mouth and gently spit it out helps dissipate the taste and stops the saliva from draining down to the stomach. Think small my friend. Keep reading and soon everything falls into place. Also it is important to use Sativa during the day and Indica at night for sleep. Soon you will be a Jedi master on taking the concentrate properly. Relax and take your time and you will be rewarded. Hope this helps.

Thank you!
Yes, I read through a few pages on this thread this morning, paying more attention to the advice given for tacking on the gums... :)
I did this for my partner this morning. We're still on a half gram for another week....
So i've squeezed out half a gram into a tub, and cut it into 4. This morning I placed the first amount onto my finger and used a hair dryer to help make it less sticky, then put it on her gums as suggested (easier I do it at the moment, because she's still not fully stable) ... I found it a little difficult to get it all on there... maybe needed more heating up, felt stickier than I thought!
Quite a bit went on her teeth lol, as it was a little difficult to keep her still and stop talking! :p ... hopefully in a few days she can try doing it herself.
I'm learning...
Thank you for the advice in this thread, I'm still reading through.... just so you know... just wanted to update again.

We will find out next week what's going on with the tumor and why they assume it's gotten worse.... I'm just hoping it's the immflamation that's made the pictures look worse than they actually are :/ I hear that can happen sometimes...

Hello friends! (you truly are friends, so knowledgable and strong sense of community and willingness to share.

Just wanted to give an update and ask a few questions.

Recap:
My father has neuroendocrine cancer. He has a stint in his liver which has been there for one week. Blood work shows his bile count is down to half of what is was in over a week. He bag is filling much less regularly, so the traditional medicine is working on that front.

I made oil using 99% percent ISO, with 45 grams of 8.5% CBD, 6% THC. Started that treatment on Saturday, using tacking procedure. On
Monday, I made oil with 45 grams of 24% THC, <1% CDB. Started that on Monday. 4 doses a day, half a grain of rice. First 2 doses the CBD heavy, last 2 doses in evening with high THC. He has had some great sleeps on the heavy THC.

I am tacking by using a toothpick, placing the dose on his lower gums. I let it sit there to let his gum heat warm it up, then gently slide it off. I tell him to think of it is a piece of chewing tobacco. Some times, some gets on his teeth and he is forced to lick that bit off. I emphasize that he should try and keep it on the gums as long as possible. He often complains of the taste, and i reiterate that chemo will taste a hell of a lot worse.

Some questions I have:

1. Is there any way to help improve taste?

2. On days where I am not present to administer all of his doses, would it still be effective to put his dose in a capsule for him to consume. I don't really trust that he will tack it when I am not around. Will there still be a positive effect by taking it orally? I realize it will bypass the C1 and go directly to the C2 receptor in the gut.

3. We have palliative care nurses that come daily to flush the tube. They take blood work once a week. Is there specific tests I can ask for to track if the tumours are shrinking? I know the doctors are going to discuss with him very soon about chemo treatment. He has seen his sister go through it and die on chemo, and he has expressed he doesn't really want to be sick from this. I am hesitant to discuss what we are doing, as they might not be open to this non big pharma type of procedure.

I really appreciate all the help this thread and entire forum have provided. I am cautiously optimistic, but I truly feel I can beat cancer. I try to meditate and sense extra energy to the medicine I have created. I pray I have created the medicine correctly. Both times I have decarbed it on a hotplate until there is no more action. The second batch with the heavy THC took much longer to decarb.

Thank you again friends. Looking forward to any feedback and constructive criticism.

Running From the Cure

I don't have much time but I can answer a couple of your questions as I have read this thread a few times trying to absorb all the info I can. I see you are online so I will tell you what I do know.

1) taste, nope. Cannot improve it but should be able to get use to it. Think of it as the taste that will cure the cancer. Also you can have him sip some cool water and spit it out to try to control the taste in his mouth. But no warm or hot beverage.

2) no again, Your really want the oil to get to the CB1 first every time. Going straight to the CB2 is not effective as a cure and will make him high which may lead to anxiety and or panic attacks. Also it would be counterproductive for the cure you are looking for as it simply does not have the same effect of the healing that takes place when tacked properly

3) I would have to research if there is a test for your father's type of cancer. So I don't know. sorry

The members on here are great and I am sure someone else will chime in soon. Bless you for taking such good care of your father. That is a hard job you have taken on and you will reap the benefits. Hang in there and keep asking questions

Wow, I just read over all the ideas for my blind friend and dosing. Some really good ones. So I will definitely have alternative ways of setting this up for him. Thank you all for your response. Beemerbill, that is really thinking outside of the box with the straws. I have never had a creative mind and always try to do things the hard way. My husband loves to point this out to me and I just have to laugh at myself and wonder why couldn't I have thought of that easier way. It can take me days to come up with an answer to a solution. Then other times the solution is obvious. I have a complicated brain I guess,

Cannabe1, i am so happy that you are dedicated and open minded enough to try the tacking way of administering the oil. Read the post from budnoob and Motoco 1 or 2 pages back and follow their instructions. They are the experts here. Budnoob is a success story of curing himself with the oil. And Motoco has been working on curing patients for quite some time now. Also keep reading the thread. I know it is very long now but you will gain so much knowledge by reading and re-reading it. Also keep asking your questions when needed.

I can't imagine trying to tack someone while they are talking. lol Esp when you are first learning. Props to you for sticking with it. I hope it has gotten easier for you by now. I do the tacking for my husband and there is no reason that he cannot do it himself. He just simply wants me to do it and warns me that if I make him do it, it will be all over his face. I had to cut my fingernail really short to keep from hurting him with it. Maybe if I let it grow out again he will get tired of the pain. lol

Maybe you can keep the water to far away for her to reach until it is safe for her to drink again. Sounds mean but we caretakers have to do what we can to keep things on track. Hang in there and keep us posted please.

Thank you!
Yes, I read through a few pages on this thread this morning, paying more attention to the advice given for tacking on the gums... :)
I did this for my partner this morning. We're still on a half gram for another week....
So i've squeezed out half a gram into a tub, and cut it into 4. This morning I placed the first amount onto my finger and used a hair dryer to help make it less sticky, then put it on her gums as suggested (easier I do it at the moment, because she's still not fully stable) ... I found it a little difficult to get it all on there... maybe needed more heating up, felt stickier than I thought!
Quite a bit went on her teeth lol, as it was a little difficult to keep her still and stop talking! :p ... hopefully in a few days she can try doing it herself.
I'm learning...
Thank you for the advice in this thread, I'm still reading through.... just so you know... just wanted to update again.

We will find out next week what's going on with the tumor and why they assume it's gotten worse.... I'm just hoping it's the immflamation that's made the pictures look worse than they actually are :/ I hear that can happen sometimes...

Hi cannabe1, hope all is going well with you and yours. With reference to your question about testing it appears there are many methods used for neuroendocrine cancers including tests for known hormonal markers in blood and urine samples that can be used to track the interval changes of the disease. Also, imaging and endoscopic ultrasound are commonly used tests. I would imagine that you have some baseline information at this point and should be able to continue to monitor those changes with the assistance of your health care provider.

Gums only is the proper way to use the oil for max healing. When digesting only is not the way to go. I know my oil would make me explore planets I didn't know existed. Actually the awful taste becomes your friend. After dosing take a small drink of cold water, gently swish around and spit out. Dissipates the taste faster.

No thinking it may kill cancer, it will kill cancer. When done correctly you may think its doing nothing because its hard to imagine you can feel so much better while healing...truly the best med in the world.

Hello friends! (you truly are friends, so knowledgable and strong sense of community and willingness to share.

Just wanted to give an update and ask a few questions.

Recap:
My father has neuroendocrine cancer. He has a stint in his liver which has been there for one week. Blood work shows his bile count is down to half of what is was in over a week. He bag is filling much less regularly, so the traditional medicine is working on that front.

I made oil using 99% percent ISO, with 45 grams of 8.5% CBD, 6% THC. Started that treatment on Saturday, using tacking procedure. On
Monday, I made oil with 45 grams of 24% THC, <1% CDB. Started that on Monday. 4 doses a day, half a grain of rice. First 2 doses the CBD heavy, last 2 doses in evening with high THC. He has had some great sleeps on the heavy THC.

I am tacking by using a toothpick, placing the dose on his lower gums. I let it sit there to let his gum heat warm it up, then gently slide it off. I tell him to think of it is a piece of chewing tobacco. Some times, some gets on his teeth and he is forced to lick that bit off. I emphasize that he should try and keep it on the gums as long as possible. He often complains of the taste, and i reiterate that chemo will taste a hell of a lot worse.

Some questions I have:

1. Is there any way to help improve taste?

2. On days where I am not present to administer all of his doses, would it still be effective to put his dose in a capsule for him to consume. I don't really trust that he will tack it when I am not around. Will there still be a positive effect by taking it orally? I realize it will bypass the C1 and go directly to the C2 receptor in the gut.

3. We have palliative care nurses that come daily to flush the tube. They take blood work once a week. Is there specific tests I can ask for to track if the tumours are shrinking? I know the doctors are going to discuss with him very soon about chemo treatment. He has seen his sister go through it and die on chemo, and he has expressed he doesn't really want to be sick from this. I am hesitant to discuss what we are doing, as they might not be open to this non big pharma type of procedure.

I really appreciate all the help this thread and entire forum have provided. I am cautiously optimistic, but I truly feel I can beat cancer. I try to meditate and sense extra energy to the medicine I have created. I pray I have created the medicine correctly. Both times I have decarbed it on a hotplate until there is no more action. The second batch with the heavy THC took much longer to decarb.

Thank you again friends. Looking forward to any feedback and constructive criticism.

Running From the Cure

Hey buddy beemerbill,

I have dosed a blind man/woman. Why I mentioned the toothpicks. I forgot to mention though its the large flat toothpicks like for a club sandwich. I used the bottom of a butter dish, put the doses on the toothpick, laid them out about 2 inches apart (particular person was on 4 doses at the time) on the butter dish. Left on a kitchen counter laid out. One thing about blind people their touch/feel awareness is much sharper than ours. When the spouse would come home they were all used and discarded on a paper towel to the right/left of the butter dish. Simply wiped them clean and applied the doses the same in the a.m. Never had a mishap.

The oral syringes are out especially on PM doses. Experienced peeps can do it if you know how to cold pack a syringe. It involves pulling the plunger down a 1/4 inch from the top, warming up the tip of the syringe with a hair dryer to get the left over oil in the tip to flow back down. Then pull the plunger out, take a cuticle pusher with a syringe of oil put the dose on it and pack it into the dosing syringe by scraping the oil off the lip of the syringe, put the plunger back in and move up to the top until it starts going up the tip of the oral syringe. Not much of a hassle if your experienced but new peeps find it a nightmare. Why I used the toothpicks for simplicity. Hope this helps buddy.

fghtsmallcell sorry I got carried away up above and didn't think about our husband and the ordeal he is going through let alone what you are going through. You have all the good vibes that I can send your way for you and your loved one.

I'm still working on a good way to dose for a blind man. tough one.

Hey, thanks again for the replies...

I've never seen any images anywhere of what it would look like (besides in syringes), but squeezing out the half gram has always looked like a hell of a lot! I'd estimate that half a gram looks around the size of about 20-30 grains of rice.. and so, as you can imagine... it's been very time consuming splitting it into 5 or 6 for throughout the day, and then into smaller amounts for getting it in.
Just thought I'd mention, because in the early stages i never understood the grain of rice thing... starting off with that amount and then building it to a gram, because the difference.... is huge! (unless i'm just imagining really small grains here :p)

Tomorrow we go on to a full gram... I've been following the directions on here with regards to tacking on the gums...
It takes a while to do, but it gets done! :) ...
My partners not been sleeping all day like before when we started off digesting it with bread, but she's still very sleepy! Needs naps often...
She could barely keep her eyes open just now when I applied the last amount lol...
I let her sip a little water after and spit it out to help with the taste... every time i let her do that she keeps asking why cant she just swallow it! haha...very sore throat afterwards...

Still no news from the scan.
Just wanted to mention and update a few things...
Havent had much chance to get online recently but i'm still reading through! :)

(Edit: also, thought I might add that my partner has gum disease. She has had it for many years and had teeth pulled out because of it... We're also avoiding the dentist until the treatment is over... but just thought it'll be interesting to see what happens with that too at a later date :p ... )

Hi cannabe1,

When tacking even a grain of rice is too much at one time to tack. Try tacking a small amount like the size of a small dot. Then flatten the dot with a toothpick on the index finger of your dosing hand. Then with pressure apply that small amount to the gums (bottom). Apply the tacking procedure in the dosing tutorial. Remove your finger, anything left? Find another spot on the gum right next to the one you applied. Do this until a 'grain of rice' is fully applied. Do this 5-6 times a day every couple of hours. You achieve the half gram of rice this way throughout the day. It insures the proper way to take the oil. Small amounts more times a day is the key to the kingdom. Make sure she hydrates a lot through the day. Always eat before taking a dose (even if it is a small snack). Never drink hot/warm beverages after taking a dose, chilled water is fine. In fact, after dosing a small amount of chilled water gently swished around in the mouth and gently spit it out helps dissipate the taste and stops the saliva from draining down to the stomach. Think small my friend. Keep reading and soon everything falls into place. Also it is important to use Sativa during the day and Indica at night for sleep. Soon you will be a Jedi master on taking the concentrate properly. Relax and take your time and you will be rewarded. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update. She is still sleep because you have a indica dominant strain which is conducive to sleep. Still better than eating it straight down the hatch.
The oil when tacking on the gums will make the gums hard and healthy. No more bleeding and smell from gingivitis. That will go away completely and soon. A half gram squeezed out at one time is a hell of a lot. No way you can control tacking that much.

Hey, thanks again for the replies...

I've never seen any images anywhere of what it would look like (besides in syringes), but squeezing out the half gram has always looked like a hell of a lot! I'd estimate that half a gram looks around the size of about 20-30 grains of rice.. and so, as you can imagine... it's been very time consuming splitting it into 5 or 6 for throughout the day, and then into smaller amounts for getting it in.
Just thought I'd mention, because in the early stages i never understood the grain of rice thing... starting off with that amount and then building it to a gram, because the difference.... is huge! (unless i'm just imagining really small grains here :p)

Tomorrow we go on to a full gram... I've been following the directions on here with regards to tacking on the gums...
It takes a while to do, but it gets done! :) ...
My partners not been sleeping all day like before when we started off digesting it with bread, but she's still very sleepy! Needs naps often...
She could barely keep her eyes open just now when I applied the last amount lol...
I let her sip a little water after and spit it out to help with the taste... every time i let her do that she keeps asking why cant she just swallow it! haha...very sore throat afterwards...

Still no news from the scan.
Just wanted to mention and update a few things...
Havent had much chance to get online recently but i'm still reading through! :)

(Edit: also, thought I might add that my partner has gum disease. She has had it for many years and had teeth pulled out because of it... We're also avoiding the dentist until the treatment is over... but just thought it'll be interesting to see what happens with that too at a later date :p ... )

Hey buddy beemerbill,

I have dosed a blind man/woman. Why I mentioned the toothpicks. I forgot to mention though its the large flat toothpicks like for a club sandwich. I used the bottom of a butter dish, put the doses on the toothpick, laid them out about 2 inches apart (particular person was on 4 doses at the time) on the butter dish. Left on a kitchen counter laid out. One thing about blind people their touch/feel awareness is much sharper than ours. When the spouse would come home they were all used and discarded on a paper towel to the right/left of the butter dish. Simply wiped them clean and applied the doses the same in the a.m. Never had a mishap.

The oral syringes are out especially on PM doses. Experienced peeps can do it if you know how to cold pack a syringe. It involves pulling the plunger down a 1/4 inch from the top, warming up the tip of the syringe with a hair dryer to get the left over oil in the tip to flow back down. Then pull the plunger out, take a cuticle pusher with a syringe of oil put the dose on it and pack it into the dosing syringe by scraping the oil off the lip of the syringe, put the plunger back in and move up to the top until it starts going up the tip of the oral syringe. Not much of a hassle if your experienced but new peeps find it a nightmare. Why I used the toothpicks for simplicity. Hope this helps buddy.

I had an idea of using the toothpicks, but to hold them I imagined a piece of foam with little slots in it. Specifically, my mental picture was of one of my cloner discs. They are little pieces of neoprene. I think you could cut some up to make a nice little stand that would 'hold' the pre-loaded toothpicks.

If this is at all interesting I can try to elaborate. I may have to just make something and take a picture. That or write the thousand words. :blalol:

LOL @ the thousand words. Do it with the pic brother. Through it in the knowledge pool. Everything can and will be improved on. Be cool if we could take a dose and it would be permanent, lolol. Like the movie 'limitless'. Sounds interesting, I would like to see a pic. Thanks

I had an idea of using the toothpicks, but to hold them I imagined a piece of foam with little slots in it. Specifically, my mental picture was of one of my cloner discs. They are little pieces of neoprene. I think you could cut some up to make a nice little stand that would 'hold' the pre-loaded toothpicks.

If this is at all interesting I can try to elaborate. I may have to just make something and take a picture. That or write the thousand words. :blalol:

Yes, I would like know more as well. I have a blind friend that wants to use the oil at some point. He has not pressing issues right now other than his eyes and they cause headaches. Sounds like a cool idea!!

Motoco, I have been looking for the orange syringes that you had a picture of in this thread but I can't find them. The ones I have looked at have markings at ml but do not tell grams. I will be needing some soon and I don't want to get the wrong thing. Could you please face me in the right direction.

Here is the link to neomed the manufacturers of the oral syringes. They only show clear on this page but when you shop at other sites you will see the amber ones, this is the one you want to get as it shows the indicator marks very clearly and legible. I use the 3ml sizes for travel, etc. or at home and 6 ml sizes for storage. No links provided to like amazon, ebay but just google in NeoMed oral syringes and you will get all the links you need. These are the best in my opinion. Have a great weekend!
NeoMed Oral Dispensers, Oral Enteral Dispenser
opps here are the amber ones. You would think the clear with the dark oil would be more legible, not so, the amber ones shine above all :) NeoMed | Products | Pharmacy Oral Dispensers

420 Motoco

Motoco, I have been looking for the orange syringes that you had a picture of in this thread but I can't find them. The ones I have looked at have markings at ml but do not tell grams. I will be needing some soon and I don't want to get the wrong thing. Could you please face me in the right direction.

All the ones I've seen only tell ML. 1 ML equals 1 gram so no worries on that even though one is liquid measurement and one weight.

I just want to thank you for all of your help. I will get them ordered today. I have especially enjoyed reading this whole thread and have learned so much from you. The tacking method seams the way to go. I have told others about it and hopefully they will give it a try.

Hi lindylynn,

Your very welcome! I'm so glad your absorbing all the info in this thread. This is real time and you will learn the do's and the don'ts so you don't have to experience them or if you do how to get out of the situation correctly and fast. Yes, the 'tack' method IS the way to go. Keep studying, learning and you will be rewarded learning the proper use of the concentrate. Here is to you good health :high-five:

I just want to thank you for all of your help. I will get them ordered today. I have especially enjoyed reading this whole thread and have learned so much from you. The tacking method seams the way to go. I have told others about it and hopefully they will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom