Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Experiment; meaning you try the oil learning the proper way to 'tack', does the daytime strain give you energy? Does the CBD take care of pain? Does the Indica make you tired, drowsy or still keeps you up at night?

If it is not decarboxylated the cannabinoids will not pass through the blood brain barrier to your CB1 receptors. I've seen cold extract BHO (Butane Honey Oil with THC numbers in test results and it hasn't been decarboxylated).

The decarb process was done correctly. The cost per gram is lower but doesn't necessarily indicate its cheap oil because if grown outside the yield can justify the lower cost per gram. Also huge volume can dictate lower prices. An example is inside grow can produce 2 lbs per grow light (about 10-12 plants), outside a Sativa can produce 3-5 lbs per plant with much cheaper cost to grow (not using electricity).

Flavors are a preference. In my experience, if you don't like the flavor your stuck. One thing about no flavors you can count on one thing, bitterness. It dissipates rather quickly, and doesn't really bother most but some not so much. Again, this is something you could experiment with just getting a half gram. See if the taste is something you like or if your mother likes it with a small tack.

As far as buying ready made oil it seems legit. The decision is now yours to move forward. Thanks for getting the questions answered and a fast response is always a good thing.

Go with flower only. I wasn't saying that this place doesn't have good oil. I just wanted a few questions answered to make sure this is the product you need. I've seen a lot of companies making concentrate but it is for smoking only (decarboxylated when vaped).

I'm not sure what you mean by "experiment"? Sure I'd be willing to post my mom's experience with the different oils.

The cost per gram is anywhere between $60-$80 depending on the dispensary.

Is it important for it to be decarboxylated? When you read the analysis done ate the labs for each strain it lists it as THC, not THCA. Doesn't that mean it is decarboxylated?

There appear to be a number of whole plant oils (vs just the bud) made locally. Only they are a lot lower in THC and CBD. Maybe around 30% THC and 7% CBD. One company is called Pacific NW Hemp Company and you can check out their Facebook page. They just won a local award for their oil called Deep Green. Would they be any good?

My brother got my mom some RSO oil that is a combination of Blue Kush (or crush?)/Sour Tsunami. (The guy cultivates his own strains). She's been using it per your tacking method 3-4 times a day (approximately 1/2 grain at a time) for the past five days. She ate it once and got totally stoned 3-4 hrs later (she took a double dose by mistake). But since tacking it, she's gotten a little tired sometimes, but not high. Other times she is alert. She's had some pain relief - others times not so much. So these results have been erratic. She is motivated though, she's learning how to tack correctly. And best of all, she's not getting high. I don't think it is doing that much for her sleep at night though.

The maker of the oil can't give exact THC/CBD percentages because he doesn't test it, but he says it is high in both. So we are going to test it to see if we can count on his oils in the future. My understanding is, he doesn't use the same strains in each batch (he has 45 different strains) but he tries to keep the same balance. When I asked why he did this, he says that people build up tolerances to one kind and it stops working for them. I don't know enough to know if this is correct or not. He is a biochemist who runs a local dispensary.

We wanted to get started at least, even if we do end up switching oils. BTW, $60-80 a gram is the going rate here. Some of the high CBD oils go for $100 a gram.

Experiment; meaning you try the oil learning the proper way to 'tack', does the daytime strain give you energy? Does the CBD take care of pain? Does the Indica make you tired, drowsy or still keeps you up at night?

If it is not decarboxylated the cannabinoids will not pass through the blood brain barrier to your CB1 receptors. I've seen cold extract BHO (Butane Honey Oil with THC numbers in test results and it hasn't been decarboxylated).

The decarb process was done correctly. The cost per gram is lower but doesn't necessarily indicate its cheap oil because if grown outside the yield can justify the lower cost per gram. Also huge volume can dictate lower prices. An example is inside grow can produce 2 lbs per grow light (about 10-12 plants), outside a Sativa can produce 3-5 lbs per plant with much cheaper cost to grow (not using electricity).

Flavors are a preference. In my experience, if you don't like the flavor your stuck. One thing about no flavors you can count on one thing, bitterness. It dissipates rather quickly, and doesn't really bother most but some not so much. Again, this is something you could experiment with just getting a half gram. See if the taste is something you like or if your mother likes it with a small tack.

As far as buying ready made oil it seems legit. The decision is now yours to move forward. Thanks for getting the questions answered and a fast response is always a good thing.

Go with flower only. I wasn't saying that this place doesn't have good oil. I just wanted a few questions answered to make sure this is the product you need. I've seen a lot of companies making concentrate but it is for smoking only (decarboxylated when vaped).

Good morning Rosiesky,

Don't buy anymore oil from this character, bio chemist or not. He's making oil from shake from all the strains he grows/buys. I don't test my oil either but the bud is tested and its the same strain, also I don't sell it. Also getting immuned to the same strain on the concentrate is BS (referring to smoking). The concentrated oil works every time unless it is not taken correctly. You want consistency in your oils. In fact I encourage peeps to get the same strain/batch if possible. This is why sometimes your mother is up and then down and everywhere in between. Don't waste your time testing this, you simply don't want mixed strains. This guy isn't up to speed on the concentrate's. He is making his quan of of 'herb' and the oil is an added bonus. Shake can be potent also, but, the grab bag of strains is a money bonus for his dispensary. What I would use all the left over trim for is making a wash with alcohol, grapeseed oil and shake for some friends horses. They bath them in it.

Its a learning curve. Have you read the posts from page one in this thread? Its has mention of keeping your strains consistent more than once and also in the tutorial on "How to Make the Concentrated Oil". In fact has many tips, tricks, etc. What to do and what not to do. Get the product from your pick. Get your Mother on the strains we discussed asap. Get this stuff tested. Why? Simply because on their test charts I see only THC/CBD results. They should test for chemicals also, which if you do find in test results, shows me they are legit and want people to see their product is quality. It isn't a deal breaker but I've always wondered why they don't test for chems. It could have chems from the grow because it wasn't flushed properly or the chem they make the oil with not decarbed/purged properly. Also if their running batches they only need a 1/2 gram to test and the extra charge to test chems isn't that much more. Things like this made me grow my own and make my own oil. I know of 6-7 people I would love to have as partners in owning a dispensary/wellness center and two of them have dispensaries or manage. All honest peeps who have compassion for people instead of money/greed. They all know there is nothing better in life than helping save a life, one at a time. And yet, we would flourish with success simply because of excellent products.

Nice starting regimen for your Mother so that is good. Just need to get her consistent now. Once you get the meds let me know and we can start on a regimen that will get your Mother feeling consistent daytime/nighttime. Keep learning, your doing fine. It is important to learn basic things so when you do seek products they know your not a noob and take advantage of you. Unfortunately their are people who only love the quan and don't care about helping the ill.

High CBD strains are more expensive and rightfully so. They flower 4 more weeks than normal (grown correctly). So the cost is higher, especially grown inside. I've seen an ounce of Harlequin go for 475.00 in Orange County, So. Cal and your pull is 2 grams from an ounce. That is why in a week or two I will be growing Harle-Tsu (won the Emerald Cup last year for the highest CBD strain 20-1 CBD/THC). Paid 50.00 for one clone, grew a mother and got 30 clones (thanks to some friends helping me with the clones, as my patient load keeps building). I see this strain as a mainstay for me for a long time to come. The breeder of this strain also has crossed it back with Sour Tsunami and I cannot wait to see the results as this could be a strain that is high in THC as well as CBD. The breeding fascinates me, thing is I just don't have time for everything.

My brother got my mom some RSO oil that is a combination of Blue Kush (or crush?)/Sour Tsunami. (The guy cultivates his own strains). She's been using it per your tacking method 3-4 times a day (approximately 1/2 grain at a time) for the past five days. She ate it once and got totally stoned 3-4 hrs later (she took a double dose by mistake). But since tacking it, she's gotten a little tired sometimes, but not high. Other times she is alert. She's had some pain relief - others times not so much. So these results have been erratic. She is motivated though, she's learning how to tack correctly. And best of all, she's not getting high. I don't think it is doing that much for her sleep at night though.

The maker of the oil can't give exact THC/CBD percentages because he doesn't test it, but he says it is high in both. So we are going to test it to see if we can count on his oils in the future. My understanding is, he doesn't use the same strains in each batch (he has 45 different strains) but he tries to keep the same balance. When I asked why he did this, he says that people build up tolerances to one kind and it stops working for them. I don't know enough to know if this is correct or not. He is a biochemist who runs a local dispensary.

We wanted to get started at least, even if we do end up switching oils. BTW, $60-80 a gram is the going rate here. Some of the high CBD oils go for $100 a gram.

Thanks for all the good advice Motoco. I'll start reading the thread from the beginning today.

Testing all three of these oils for would be a little expensive ($360 = oil + test). And this would only be a test for solvents. I don't see one for any other chem residue, like pesticides. I do see one for microbes. How necessary is this?

There are a couple co-ops here with 100% organic products. I'm going to call them this morning and see what they have.

Good morning Rosiesky,

Don't buy anymore oil from this character, bio chemist or not. He's making oil from shake from all the strains he grows/buys. I don't test my oil either but the bud is tested and its the same strain, also I don't sell it. Also getting immuned to the same strain on the concentrate is BS (referring to smoking). The concentrated oil works every time unless it is not taken correctly. You want consistency in your oils. In fact I encourage peeps to get the same strain/batch if possible. This is why sometimes your mother is up and then down and everywhere in between. Don't waste your time testing this, you simply don't want mixed strains. This guy isn't up to speed on the concentrate's. He is making his quan of of 'herb' and the oil is an added bonus. Shake can be potent also, but, the grab bag of strains is a money bonus for his dispensary. What I would use all the left over trim for is making a wash with alcohol, grapeseed oil and shake for some friends horses. They bath them in it.

Its a learning curve. Have you read the posts from page one in this thread? Its has mention of keeping your strains consistent more than once and also in the tutorial on "How to Make the Concentrated Oil". In fact has many tips, tricks, etc. What to do and what not to do. Get the product from your pick. Get your Mother on the strains we discussed asap. Get this stuff tested. Why? Simply because on their test charts I see only THC/CBD results. They should test for chemicals also, which if you do find in test results, shows me they are legit and want people to see their product is quality. It isn't a deal breaker but I've always wondered why they don't test for chems. It could have chems from the grow because it wasn't flushed properly or the chem they make the oil with not decarbed/purged properly. Also if their running batches they only need a 1/2 gram to test and the extra charge to test chems isn't that much more. Things like this made me grow my own and make my own oil. I know of 6-7 people I would love to have as partners in owning a dispensary/wellness center and two of them have dispensaries or manage. All honest peeps who have compassion for people instead of money/greed. They all know there is nothing better in life than helping save a life, one at a time. And yet, we would flourish with success simply because of excellent products.

Nice starting regimen for your Mother so that is good. Just need to get her consistent now. Once you get the meds let me know and we can start on a regimen that will get your Mother feeling consistent daytime/nighttime. Keep learning, your doing fine. It is important to learn basic things so when you do seek products they know your not a noob and take advantage of you. Unfortunately their are people who only love the quan and don't care about helping the ill.

High CBD strains are more expensive and rightfully so. They flower 4 more weeks than normal (grown correctly). So the cost is higher, especially grown inside. I've seen an ounce of Harlequin go for 475.00 in Orange County, So. Cal and your pull is 2 grams from an ounce. That is why in a week or two I will be growing Harle-Tsu (won the Emerald Cup last year for the highest CBD strain 20-1 CBD/THC). Paid 50.00 for one clone, grew a mother and got 30 clones (thanks to some friends helping me with the clones, as my patient load keeps building). I see this strain as a mainstay for me for a long time to come. The breeder of this strain also has crossed it back with Sour Tsunami and I cannot wait to see the results as this could be a strain that is high in THC as well as CBD. The breeding fascinates me, thing is I just don't have time for everything.

Your welcome, as stated doesn't mean its a deal breaker as most dispensaries just post THC/CBD/CBN. Check out the organic place. Always good to have a back-up plan. Why I was suggesting trying out a small quantity first. I do like the strain selection though. This is what you have to deal with when buying concentrate. Keep learning as soon you will be a Jedi. Great planning normally ends up with great results.

Thanks for all the good advice Motoco. I'll start reading the thread from the beginning today.

Testing all three of these oils for would be a little expensive ($360 = oil + test). And this would only be a test for solvents. I don't see one for any other chem residue, like pesticides. I do see one for microbes. How necessary is this?

There are a couple co-ops here with 100% organic products. I'm going to call them this morning and see what they have.

So it looks like I'm going to have to make some changes to the oils we get. It's hard to get dispensaries to tell me what strains they have. Some won't tell me over the phone and I can't drag my mom around to a bunch of different places.

There isn't any AC/DC available to the public. All of it goes to their Leaf of Hope program that helps kids with seizures etc. But their high CBD oil is Harlequin.

I might have to replace the Blue Dream with Sour Deisel, as I can only get a gram at this time. T

I think I can get the Blackberry Kush - at least the 1/2 gram.

Your welcome, as stated doesn't mean its a deal breaker as most dispensaries just post THC/CBD/CBN. Check out the organic place. Always good to have a back-up plan. Why I was suggesting trying out a small quantity first. I do like the strain selection though. This is what you have to deal with when buying concentrate. Keep learning as soon you will be a Jedi. Great planning normally ends up with great results.

So, I am shocked. I tacked the oil to my gum and did not get high! Yeah!! Now I can go to work and function. I found that instead of heating the oil and cooling my gums that if I simply take a napkin and dry out all the saliva in the spot where I am going to tack that the oil adheres immediately.

Excuse me if this has already been posted but how do I work up to a gram a day if I can dose 3-4 times a day? Like how fast can I work up to a gram, is there a schedule I can use? I know Rick Simpson plan is increase the current dose every 4 days, is tacking the oil similiar or can I go at a faster pace?

Also, what do you do about marijuana breath, lol. My husband said I smell like it after I take my oil. This could be an issue for dosing at work...I don't want to eat a mint or anything until the oil is absorbed...

I still can't believe it worked and no euphoria!! WHOOHOOO!!!:thanks:

Hi npc3, if you have high quality oil you don't need 1 gram per day. I believe that as little as 5 grains of daytime and 1 grain of night time will be sufficient with recommended strains. Increasing the dosage should be gradual, For example,

Motoco previously posted a schedule for cancer Dose amount stating

..start of treatment:
1/4 grain of rice (6) times per day for 7 days
1/2 grain of rice (6) times per day for 7 days
3/4 grain of rice (8) times per day for 7 days
1 grain of rice (10)times per day for 7 days

I personally break down each grain of rice into 4 tacks to ensure I don't ingest it before it gets to CB1 receptors.

Outstanding! Complete opposite from euphoric. Nice to be alert, clear eyed/headed while working, huh? LOL. Check your PM in your User CP at the top. Congratulations on taking the oil correctly. Just keep in mind, don't rush your doses and pay attention not to eat anything afterwards for 30 minutes. If you want to help dissipate the taste after a dose, take a small drink of water (do not swallow), gently swish from side to side and spit the water out slowly. Happy work days ahead.

So, I am shocked. I tacked the oil to my gum and did not get high! Yeah!! Now I can go to work and function. I found that instead of heating the oil and cooling my gums that if I simply take a napkin and dry out all the saliva in the spot where I am going to tack that the oil adheres immediately.

Excuse me if this has already been posted but how do I work up to a gram a day if I can dose 3-4 times a day? Like how fast can I work up to a gram, is there a schedule I can use? I know Rick Simpson plan is increase the current dose every 4 days, is tacking the oil similiar or can I go at a faster pace?

Also, what do you do about marijuana breath, lol. My husband said I smell like it after I take my oil. This could be an issue for dosing at work...I don't want to eat a mint or anything until the oil is absorbed...

I still can't believe it worked and no euphoria!! WHOOHOOO!!!:thanks:

I took a dose at 9 am and tacked it to my upper gums instead of lower. I did not eat until 12:30 and 10 min into eating I started getting euphoric. I can't imagine that some oil could have been lingering 3.5 hrs later on my gum and get swallowed with my lunch? What did I do wrong? Should I not tack to the upper gum. I was worried about the oil staining my teeth so decided to use the gum area behind my upper canine (pointy tooth). Do I need to spread the oil out over the gums more instead of letting it sit as a glob in one spot?

Thankfully I have the option to work from home so have to stay home today due to the euphoria that set in...it's more of a CBD euphoria from strain ac/dc so I can still function but certainly would not drive in an altered state...

Hi npc3,

That is exactly why I only do the bottom gum. Make sure when you tack its pressed firmly against your gums. Did you read your PM? Also when tacking make sure its done on the bottom gum below the root line. Are you sure you got euphoric or was it more like nausea? If you wait to long between water and snacks this can happen also. Once you started eating it should of went away in 10-15 minutes.
Check this out on page 17; Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method . Look at the last picture, notice how it is flattened? This is why a grain of rice is broken down as budnoob also mentioned. Flatten your dose, apply below the root line on the bottom gum and follow the instructions sent to your PM. Always apply the oil in the front of the gum, not behind your teeth. You will be fine if this is followed. Time to get back up on the horse. Also you can do a 911 on yourself, just tack a few small dots flattened out and it will start bringing you down back to normal. Yes, tack a dose, pull your finger out, check where the oil has moved and reapply to an area right next to where you where. Soon a strip will build up and your applications become more quicker.

Ps...to clarify, what are you taking the oil for? TY

I took a dose at 9 am and tacked it to my upper gums instead of lower. I did not eat until 12:30 and 10 min into eating I started getting euphoric. I can't imagine that some oil could have been lingering 3.5 hrs later on my gum and get swallowed with my lunch? What did I do wrong? Should I not tack to the upper gum. I was worried about the oil staining my teeth so decided to use the gum area behind my upper canine (pointy tooth). Do I need to spread the oil out over the gums more instead of letting it sit as a glob in one spot?

Thankfully I have the option to work from home so have to stay home today due to the euphoria that set in...it's more of a CBD euphoria from strain ac/dc so I can still function but certainly would not drive in an altered state...

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't swallow the water after swooshing it around? Don't you end up swallowing the oil anyway after tacking? I mean it disappears so it has to go somewhere :)

Outstanding! Complete opposite from euphoric. Nice to be alert, clear eyed/headed while working, huh? LOL. Check your PM in your User CP at the top. Congratulations on taking the oil correctly. Just keep in mind, don't rush your doses and pay attention not to eat anything afterwards for 30 minutes. If you want to help dissipate the taste after a dose, take a small drink of water (do not swallow), gently swish from side to side and spit the water out slowly. Happy work days ahead.

Hi Motoco,

I was able to get these oils we spoke about: Blue Dream, Harlequin, Blackberry Kush. My mom is ready to get started....

So it looks like I'm going to have to make some changes to the oils we get. It's hard to get dispensaries to tell me what strains they have. Some won't tell me over the phone and I can't drag my mom around to a bunch of different places.

There isn't any AC/DC available to the public. All of it goes to their Leaf of Hope program that helps kids with seizures etc. But their high CBD oil is Harlequin.

I might have to replace the Blue Dream with Sour Deisel, as I can only get a gram at this time. T

I think I can get the Blackberry Kush - at least the 1/2 gram.

Just so you know, she tacked about 3/4 of a grain of the Kush before bed, but she didn't sleep the night through because of pain. She slept about 4 hrs. I'd like to reduce the Vicodin she's taking. I'm assuming the Harlequin will help with the pain.

Hi Motoco,

I was able to get these oils we spoke about: Blue Dream, Harlequin, Blackberry Kush. My mom is ready to get started....

Good morning Rosiesky,

Great news, a consistent regimen can begin. You mean ACDC for the high CBD strain, right? The ACDC should remove the need for any pain meds. I thought she was only taking blood pressure meds? Anyway, please list all meds please, let the regimen begin.

First dose in the am is ACDC; half grain of rice (break that down into 2 parts and 2 different spots), wait 15 minutes then apply a grain of rice of Blue Dream.
Make sure a thorough job is done tacking especially the first part of the ACDC.

Second dose; Same as first dose except use a 1/4 grain of rice of ACDC (2 parts, different spots), wait 15 minutes then a grain of rice of Blue Dream.

3rd dose, After lunch dose; Exactly same as second dose

4th dose, same as 3rd dose

5th dose, 1/4 grain of rice-ACDC wait 15 minutes, 1/2 grain of rice of Blue Dream followed immediately 1/2 grain of rice of Blackberry Kush (5 dose is taken 1 hour before dinner)

Nighttime dose; Take a half grain of rice after dinner of Blackberry Kush and a 1/2 grain of rice 1 hour before going to bed.

Keep snacking and hydrating between meals but make sure its 30 minutes after tacking/dosing. At first this might seem like a lot to do during the day for your Mom but it becomes easier and easier. Just make sure she doesn't rush things and takes her time. Once this consistent regimen is in place her body will become use to everything (takes 3-5 days) and she can start weening off the meds using a pill cutter and every 4 days taking more off the pill until its gone. Normally with a high CBD strain it can be done faster but with your mothers age cautious is a must.

It will take a week or so for your Mother to start getting into a solid routine. Sleep just don't happen overnight when you have anxiety worrying about cancer. You actually train your brain not to sleep through the night. Just remember to hydrate and eat. Maybe make a dosing chart so your mom can make a 'check' when she has dosed (all ages should do this) as consistency is the key to the kingdom.

Feeling nausea? Drink a little water and eat a little snack. I repeat this with redundancy as it keeps one hydrated properly and supplies much needed nutrients.

Make sure the Indica is done properly at night. It is a common mistake when taking nighttime to rush it or take to much. There is a fine line taking indica from feeling euphoric and feeling comfortable. Tacked correctly its comfortable, taken wrong 'high'. Something we don't want for your Mom especially at night.

I have a busy morning and will be back around 2 pm if you have any more questions.

Good job getting the meds for your Mother.

I couldn't get the AC/DC. They don't sell it to the public. It's only for kids with epilepsy. So we got the Harlequin instead.

Thanks for the dosing info. We'll start this morning. Do we tack the different oils in different places? or can you put one over the other? I'll keep them separate to start unless you say different.

She takes 2 blood pressure meds, thyroid medication, and vicoden/tylenol and ibuprophen for pain.

Good morning Rosiesky,

Great news, a consistent regimen can begin. You mean ACDC for the high CBD strain, right? The ACDC should remove the need for any pain meds. I thought she was only taking blood pressure meds? Anyway, please list all meds please, let the regimen begin.

First dose in the am is ACDC; half grain of rice (break that down into 2 parts and 2 different spots), wait 15 minutes then apply a grain of rice of Blue Dream.

Second dose; Same as first dose except use a 1/4 grain of rice of ACDC (2 parts, different spots), wait 15 minutes then a grain of rice of Blue Dream.

5th dose, 1/4 grain of rice-ACDC wait 15 minutes, 1/2 grain of rice of Blue Dream followed immediately 1/2 grain of rice of Blackberry Kush (5 dose is taken 1 hour before dinner)

Nighttime dose; Take a half grain of rice after dinner of Blackberry Kush and a 1/2 grain of rice 1 hour before going to bed.

Keep snacking and hydrating between meals but make sure its 30 minutes after tacking/dosing. At first this might seem like a lot to do during the day for your Mom but it becomes easier and easier. Just make sure she doesn't rush things and takes her time. Once this consistent regimen is in place her body will become use to everything (takes 3-5 days) and she can start weening off the meds using a pill cutter and every 4 days taking more off the pill until its gone. Normally with a high CBD strain it can be done faster but with your mothers age cautious is a must.

It will take a week or so for your Mother to start getting into a solid routine. Sleep just don't happen overnight when you have anxiety worrying about cancer. You actually train your brain not to sleep through the night. Just remember to hydrate and eat. Maybe make a dosing chart so your mom can make a 'check' when she has dosed (all ages should do this) as consistency is the key to the kingdom.

Feeling nausea? Drink a little water and eat a little snack. I repeat this with redundancy as it keeps one hydrated properly and supplies much needed nutrients.

Make sure the Indica is done properly at night. It is a common mistake when taking nighttime to rush it or take to much. There is a fine line taking indica from feeling euphoric and feeling comfortable. Tacked correctly its comfortable, taken wrong 'high'. Something we don't want for your Mom especially at night.

I have a busy morning and will be back around 2 pm if you have any more questions.

Good job getting the meds for your Mother.

I'm wondering why you choose to tack with the high CBD strain rather than the high THC strain?

Good morning Rosiesky,

I added all this up this is a higher dose than my mom is used to (7 1/2 grains). My mom has only been taking about 4 grains a day so far. I think I will start a little more slowly today until I have the chance to talk with you about it.

Good morning Rosiesky,

Back
Top Bottom