Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hi Austrobrit,

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Thank you for your share and testimony. A grain of rice a day keeps the Dr. away and your 420% correct. Your diet and the concentrate is the key to the kingdom. Not only will it keep cancer away but start healing your 51 year old glands, organs, etc. for the best health you could imagine. Sativa dominant for the day mixed with cbd strain and close to pure indica for sleep and we'll see you at 100 :).

420 Motoco

Hi there

What a great thread, I am just about to start growing, harvesting and creating my own oil using some "northern lights" seeds that I ordered from Holland. I was DX with an aggressive form of Bladder cancer that was also in the prostate 18 months ago. My Urologist recommended bladder, prostate and uretha removal and I refused. Based on everything I then researched as a result of the DX, I made some massive changes. I stopped taking any and all medication, choosing instead to meditate and suffer the pain rather than polute my body further. I looked into and started using nutrition as medicine, cutting out everything that promotes tumor growth such as sugar etc. I started taking the Budwig protocol amongst other things and 18 months after the first DX and 5 TURB operations later I was at my last check 5 weeks ago tumor free. The reoccourance rates for BC are extremely high and my Uro is still recommending Radical surgery. I am a very young 51 yrs old and 100% convinced that Nature provides pretty much all that we need in order to maintain our health. I have decided that my best chance of remaining Cancer free is to continue my nutrition habits and start using cannaboids in the form of oil.

I have on two occasions over 30 years ago consumed dope and other than that never consumed drugs (other than the sht from the docs) What is it they say "a pill for every ill"

I am looking forward to being part of this thread and wish everyone all the best for the future.

Regards

John

Hi budnoob! Glad to see you back brother. Hope all is well with you.

As a heads up I'm going to be out today. The wife has decided we need a day off and she is making me go to an RV show in So.Cal. or maybe its the other way around :) We have been looking for a small travel trailer for quite a while and now her car is paid off, my truck half paid for so if the dealers are hard up and they are almost giving it away we might get lucky.

Best regards all

Hello and welcome. wow what a great story and I love your determination!! 5 TURB surgeries is quite a bit to go through and in only 18 months time. Did you have any other tx like chemo or radiation after the surgeries??? You have found the right place for info on dosing the oil. The sooner you start taking it the better. It takes months when starting from seed to get your oil. Is there any way possible for you to make some oil now while you start your grow. The oil can be working to strengthen your immune system and keep those tumors away. Just a thought for you. Also Motoco started a thread on how to make the oil. There is a ton of great info on that thread as well. Here is a link for you.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Again, welcome and I hope you keep us posted on your progress.
Peace

Hi again, to be honest my story is probably the same as 10s of thousands of others, the ones who dont post in forums but go through the same or worse. I refused all and any form of radiation or chemo therapy as the odds of a worsening condition was unacceptable, I am doing the BCG treatments (immune strenghtening), That said I am also using natural ways to help my immune system maintain a healthy level (ice cold showers etc) Cancer is a shitty man made (or at least man contributed) illness that, if what I now believe to be true is set to explode out of all proportions. In the last 18 months I have come to very strongly believe in "self help" as opposed to medical help. I just wish that more sufferers could get over the initial emotional trauma quicker and realise that cancer must not automaticaly be a death sentence but rather a wake up call that can lead to a new shot at a healthier lifestyle.

It isn't possible to buy oil here as it is illegal, I have no worries waiting until I have made my own as I don't expect to have a re-occourance in the near or far future. For me the purpose of oil is more a 'maintenance' use.

My main concern about the oil is that I don't want to get high and I need to function as normal, however the tacking method explained at the beginning of this thread should stop that happening.

So it's Sunday afternoon here in the Alps, the sun is shining and there are a million things that I could be doing that don't involve computers, electronics, phones etc. I wish you all well and on a parting note would like to say to any cancer sufferers reading this....

get your head round it (straight head thinks clearly), don't see it as a negative (its an opportunity- use it), don't bury or hide it (talking can sometimes be a great tonic) make it your objective to beat it (don't just lie down and quit), and whatever you do please please keep away from the sort of forums and groups that recommend traditional medicine as the only way forward. They will do your head in when you read all the stories from those group members where it went wrong. Be positive and empower yourselves by helping yourself.

ciao for now

Hi cannabe1,

Sounds like anxiety kicking in on her MRI next week. On a PM dose it will be a grain of rice and a gram normally last about 3-4 weeks. Everyone I know stays on this regimen for ever with the proper strains. To them it insures a defense as their auto-immune system stays at its peak performance and simply put they like the 'wellness' feeling. Also please remember 90 days is a guideline which really is dependent on the potency/strains of oil. I think I would of kept her on the same regimen until after the results, but, you only have a week before the test. Keep her mind off of the MRI the best you can. Getting excited to hear about the results, thank you for updating us.

hey again,
She's not as nervous as you'd think about it... it's done now, but she's the same... I'm starting to wonder if small amounts of the oil gets swallowed after i've tacked it on...
the strain is 60% indica and 40% sativa.... we're doing the qaurter of a gram in the evenings because she's otherwise just knocked out during the day! in the begininng she just wanted to take the oil as little as possible and late in the day, because of how sleepy she was and being unable to do anything (which annoyed me slightly... only because she was more interested in being awake than getting her medication in and just sleeping! if thats what it took :p )

anyway, something i havent mentioned as well is she's quite hyper along with her tiredness.... but then she's on the steroids, so i think it's related to that too.... i would have thought the oil would calm things down... it's always hard to know what's what.

Anyway...
Also can be counter productive in the actual healing of cancer and in some case make it worse.

420 Motoco

On consuming the oil rather than tacking.... i've been wondering how/why this is? ...just something i wanted to ask earlier.

I just received an envelope..:cheer:

Now all I need to do is read everything again from page 1 and take the plunge.

Alternatively I could wait till spring and plant outdoors as mother nature intended. Any idea how long the seeds hold for if I leave them packaged ?

The issue is the Indica dominant. Daytime activities need a sativa dominant or what happens you get couched locked, unmotivated and depression can set in. She is probably taking the oil right. Indica gives a feeling of euphoric if your not experienced. How you can tell is when taken correctly you feel relaxed but when you think about it your clear headed, just relaxed. You have sativa in your strain, so even though her body feels relaxed her wheels are turning just as you explained. Tired and wired. During the day you need a sativa dominant strain for daytime oil, during the night you want as close to pure Indica as you can get. Master Kush, Afgan Kush/Hindu Kush. This way you heal through the day using the daytime (main cancer agent with high THC) and at night pure sleep.

You mention steroids? Is this the crap they say is a hormone blocker because the cancer is caused by hormones? Its a frick'n chemo pill in disguise. Side effects are nausea, pain, pretty much the same as chemo. The strains mentioned will get her on track asap.

Oil will calm things down if used correctly and the proper strains are used. When consuming/digesting the oil only it is not effective on healing cancer, contrary what you read or heard about. It will give the knock-out punch for sleep but know this; when the oil is digested and your body becomes immuned to it just like a man made med it becomes ineffective and in cases I've treated can progress the cancer instead of curing it. Of course some oil drains down but most is up into the CB1 receptors. Five grains of rice a day (not counting Indica for sleep) on a strict regimen should do the trick. Hope this helps.

hey again,
She's not as nervous as you'd think about it... it's done now, but she's the same... I'm starting to wonder if small amounts of the oil gets swallowed after i've tacked it on...
the strain is 60% indica and 40% sativa.... we're doing the qaurter of a gram in the evenings because she's otherwise just knocked out during the day! in the begininng she just wanted to take the oil as little as possible and late in the day, because of how sleepy she was and being unable to do anything (which annoyed me slightly... only because she was more interested in being awake than getting her medication in and just sleeping! if thats what it took :p )

anyway, something i havent mentioned as well is she's quite hyper along with her tiredness.... but then she's on the steroids, so i think it's related to that too.... i would have thought the oil would calm things down... it's always hard to know what's what.

Anyway...

On consuming the oil rather than tacking.... i've been wondering how/why this is? ...just something i wanted to ask earlier.

Hi again, to be honest my story is probably the same as 10s of thousands of others, the ones who dont post in forums but go through the same or worse. I refused all and any form of radiation or chemo therapy as the odds of a worsening condition was unacceptable, I am doing the BCG treatments (immune strenghtening), That said I am also using natural ways to help my immune system maintain a healthy level (ice cold showers etc) Cancer is a shitty man made (or at least man contributed) illness that, if what I now believe to be true is set to explode out of all proportions. In the last 18 months I have come to very strongly believe in "self help" as opposed to medical help. I just wish that more sufferers could get over the initial emotional trauma quicker and realise that cancer must not automaticaly be a death sentence but rather a wake up call that can lead to a new shot at a healthier lifestyle.

It isn't possible to buy oil here as it is illegal, I have no worries waiting until I have made my own as I don't expect to have a re-occourance in the near or far future. For me the purpose of oil is more a 'maintenance' use.

My main concern about the oil is that I don't want to get high and I need to function as normal, however the tacking method explained at the beginning of this thread should stop that happening.

So it's Sunday afternoon here in the Alps, the sun is shining and there are a million things that I could be doing that don't involve computers, electronics, phones etc. I wish you all well and on a parting note would like to say to any cancer sufferers reading this....

get your head round it (straight head thinks clearly), don't see it as a negative (its an opportunity- use it), don't bury or hide it (talking can sometimes be a great tonic) make it your objective to beat it (don't just lie down and quit), and whatever you do please please keep away from the sort of forums and groups that recommend traditional medicine as the only way forward. They will do your head in when you read all the stories from those group members where it went wrong. Be positive and empower yourselves by helping yourself.

ciao for now

You have a very healthy mind set that will benefit you greatly. You are so right about other forums on the subject of cancer. They are depressing to say the least. My husband has cancer and we are currently working on getting our heads in the right place. This forum and statements like yours is what we need. Thank you for the boost. As far as those seeds go, you can probable find your answers on the some of the growing sites. I am just learning about all this myself.

So your scenery is the Alps. I have been there once. Beautiful!! Enjoy and please keep us posted.
Peace

Hi Austrobrit,

Perhaps a grower that grows from the start of seed can answer this as I've never started from seeds. Guess I was lucky as I got my clones from expert growers. Just kept cloning off of my grows to keep my strains I like. Also for me it shortens my grow cycle. Also and this is my opinion, some of the best potent flowers I've came across has been grown indoors. A proper flush at the end of the grow cycle (10 days for me) and it comes out clean as a whistle. I wish I could grow outdoors for the bigger yields, green houses are becoming very popular. Also the cost of growing out doors is much cheaper (700.00 more a month on the electric bill indoor grow).

Best of luck on your growing endeavors!

KingJohnC has knowledge I would tap into. Perhaps he could pipe in or many peeps start from the seed.

I just received an envelope..:cheer:

Now all I need to do is read everything again from page 1 and take the plunge.

Alternatively I could wait till spring and plant outdoors as mother nature intended. Any idea how long the seeds hold for if I leave them packaged ?

in my personal experience i have kept seeds that were in the original package in the refrigerator for one year and had a germ rate of 100% the following year

in my past life i grew agricultural crops and carry over seed from one year to the next was quite common with no problems.

Hello, everyone

I've been trying to catch up with all the post from this thread since I first ran across the 420 Magazine website. I think this forum provides a lot of insightful information on cannabis oil and its benefits. The reason why I am here is due to events that have occurred within the past year involving my father who was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer last June. After having gone through rounds of treatment, my father's decrease in appetite has lead to a significant weight loss. A month ago, we decided to get him a medical marijuana card so that we can have him start taking edibles to help stimulate his appetite and his pain. After about a few days of use, my father's appetite did improve and he was able to eat a bit more without much pain. Since getting him a card, we've talked about starting him on cannabis oil in which he agreed to trying. After going through different dispensaries, I noticed how expensive the oil can be (ranging between 80-100 dollars per gram) here in Southern California. So I decided upon myself to learn how to make the oil by watching run from the cure and youtube videos giving instructions on how to make it. My problem is that I am hesitant to start making it for the first time without any guidance. I thought 420 Motoco's tutorial was easy to follow and informative but still don't trust myself to make high quality oil. I was hoping I could find a member on here who is willing to guide me through the process preferably someone also in Southern California who has experience in providing oil to cancer patients. Looking forward to your responses, thank you!

Hi MLE858,

Welcome to 420 Magazine!
I would be glad to help you through the process of making your own oil. One thing I've learned unless you make it yourself or by someone you trust you have no idea what your getting. Unfortunately most of it is a secondary thought and not made from flowers/buds. Then when you do find quality oil it is normally the wrong strain. Also a mention about edibles with cancer; although it can be used as a sleep aid, sugars, thc, etc. is not conducive to healing. I've had patients that have tried injesting the oil only and have had their cancer advance not decline. Ideally what you want is a sativa dominant for the daytime and as close to pure Indica for nighttime.

420 Motoco

Hello, everyone

I've been trying to catch up with all the post from this thread since I first ran across the 420 Magazine website. I think this forum provides a lot of insightful information on cannabis oil and its benefits. The reason why I am here is due to events that have occurred within the past year involving my father who was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer last June. After having gone through rounds of treatment, my father's decrease in appetite has lead to a significant weight loss. A month ago, we decided to get him a medical marijuana card so that we can have him start taking edibles to help stimulate his appetite and his pain. After about a few days of use, my father's appetite did improve and he was able to eat a bit more without much pain. Since getting him a card, we've talked about starting him on cannabis oil in which he agreed to trying. After going through different dispensaries, I noticed how expensive the oil can be (ranging between 80-100 dollars per gram) here in Southern California. So I decided upon myself to learn how to make the oil by watching run from the cure and youtube videos giving instructions on how to make it. My problem is that I am hesitant to start making it for the first time without any guidance. I thought 420 Motoco's tutorial was easy to follow and informative but still don't trust myself to make high quality oil. I was hoping I could find a member on here who is willing to guide me through the process preferably someone also in Southern California who has experience in providing oil to cancer patients. Looking forward to your responses, thank you!

Thanks for the response, 420 Motoco

I know I've read it somewhere in this thread regarding the best strains to use. But from what I understand, the best strain would have high THC and low CBD content? Sorry if this question has been repetitively asked. You mentioned Afghan Kush which from what I understand is an Indica Dominant Strain. I am considering using Afghan Kush for my first batch and see how my father does with it. Somewhere in between use then we'll consider a Sativa Dominant Strain for day time use as you mentioned. I know that it is recommended that at least 60 grams of cannabis oil be ingested over a 90 day period. How do you determine how many grams are in each batch made? Also, how much bud would you recommend me buying to make my first batch of oil? I am probably just over thinking everything as I know nothing about cannabis, but for some reason the recommended dosing has gotten me a bit confused. I appreciate all your help 420 Motoco!

MLE858

Hi MLE858,

Welcome to 420 Magazine!
I would be glad to help you through the process of making your own oil. One thing I've learned unless you make it yourself or by someone you trust you have no idea what your getting. Unfortunately most of it is a secondary thought and not made from flowers/buds. Then when you do find quality oil it is normally the wrong strain. Also a mention about edibles with cancer; although it can be used as a sleep aid, sugars, thc, etc. is not conducive to healing. I've had patients that have tried injesting the oil only and have had their cancer advance not decline. Ideally what you want is a sativa dominant for the daytime and as close to pure Indica for nighttime.
420 Motoco

1 gram = approx 1cc
1 gram = 25-30 grain of rice size doses
1 oz of good quality bud will yield between 3-4 grams (we get just over 3gram+ per oz. from our bud)
" 60 grams of cannabis oil be ingested over a 90 day period."
first, you are not ingesting the oil, you are tacking it to your gums.
second, 60 grams is approx. 1620 grains of rice size dabs. @ your 90 day period you would be tacking 1 grain size 18 times a day. (most i'm in contact with will do 3-4 grains a day)

when we make a batch we will use 3 oz. of bud at a time. using one 1.75 bottle of everclear in a counter top still.

I know I've read it somewhere in this thread regarding the best strains to use. But from what I understand, the best strain would have high THC and low CBD content? Sorry if this question has been repetitively asked. You mentioned Afghan Kush which from what I understand is an Indica Dominant Strain. I am considering using Afghan Kush for my first batch and see how my father does with it. Somewhere in between use then we'll consider a Sativa Dominant Strain for day time use as you mentioned. I know that it is recommended that at least 60 grams of cannabis oil be ingested over a 90 day period. How do you determine how many grams are in each batch made? Also, how much bud would you recommend me buying to make my first batch of oil? I am probably just over thinking everything as I know nothing about cannabis, but for some reason the recommended dosing has gotten me a bit confused. I appreciate all your help 420 Motoco!

MLE858

How much, how long you have to dose/treat all depends on the potency of the strains. Stage 4 prostate (mets all over) only took one patient 2 months to heal using 5 grains of rice a day and healed in as little as 2 months. I'm going to be out this a.m. and will get back on the forums around 2 p.m. I would rethink starting off on Indica, just my opinion, great for sleep during the night, brings on depression dwelling on your illness all day.

MLE858

Thanks Motoco, you made some valid points in regards to starting off on Indica. Got your PMs btw, will definitely keep in touch.

How much, how long you have to dose/treat all depends on the potency of the strains. Stage 4 prostate (mets all over) only took one patient 2 months to heal using 5 grains of rice a day and healed in as little as 2 months. I'm going to be out this a.m. and will get back on the forums around 2 p.m. I would rethink starting off on Indica, just my opinion, great for sleep during the night, brings on depression dwelling on your illness all day.

Hi everyone, I have just found this thread and couldn't stop reading! Thank you for all the information.

I had a rocky introduction to medical marijuana, namely RSO.

Just before Christmas 2013 I was told I had bone cancer in the sternum. I had been in remission from breast cancer since a bilateral mastectomy in 2007, so the news was a bit of a surprise.

In January, my naturopathic oncologist told me the most important medicine I could be taking is RSO, and he gave me the name of a dispensary in BC.

I didn't have my medical marijuana prescription yet, and was waiting for my appointment with a brand new oncologist.... so I purchased my first batch of RSO from a company that would sell their RSO to me if I signed a waiver stating I couldn't find a doctor to give me a prescription (my family doctor said no). So I signed the waiver and sent off payment for my first order. Once I received my medicine, I saw that it didn't resemble the medicine I'd seen the in the video 'Run from the Cure'. Knowing what I know now, it seems this company wasn't making RSO...they were simply adding fractionated coconut oil to BHO when it was warm (fractionated coconut oil doesn't solidify at room temperature - it stays liquid) and then selling it as RSO.

So, when I started taking this medicine, I followed the cautions I read about, and started very small, and worked my way up to taking the required one gram dose in a day. The little jar was supposed to be a month's worth, so tried to space out and eyeball the dosage amounts based on how much I was given in the month's supply. Three weeks into this BHO concoction, I got my medical marijuana prescription from my oncologist, and made my first order from the dispensary in BC. The RSO arrived individually packed and labeled, in one ml syringes (without the needle part). The label stated the amount of THC, CBD and CBN in the oil.

Thinking I had already worked up my tolerance after taking the BHO infused coconut oil for the past month, I took an entire one ml syringe of the new authentic RSO oil in one go on day one. Then, on day two did the same. On day three I did the same. By that time, I was so high I couldn't enunciate my words, and it was just a slurred mash of sound that came out. On the morning of day four, I woke up in a full blown anxiety/panic attack, that lasted for ten days. It was the most horrible and challenging experience of my life.

And I should have known better. I am very sensitive to drugs, and metabolize them very slowly, so subsequently I don't take any drugs of any kind. Not even for a headache. I should have known to take it easy with the brand new medicine...but for some reason, I didn't. And I paid for it.

Since the overdose, I slowly reintroduced the new RSO to my system just as if I was starting from day one. To-date, for the past four months, the most I have been able to ingest in an entire day is 3/10 of a syringe, and for most of that time, I am sort of, or a lot high. If I try to take more, the anxiety starts to set in, and I avoid that as far as possible.

I also take CBD capsules, but I'm unsure of how much CBD is in each capsule. Here is what the label does say:
CBD CAPSULES
1.6% THC
31.72CBD
.22CBN
ALL MEDICINE IS
TESTED BY THE GREEN
CROSS
NOT FOR RESALE

And to the left of this info is a logo that is six sided and looks like a honeycomb (yellow with dark brown outline). Also, note, percentage signs were not included behind the CBD and CBN numbers, so I am assuming there should be percentage signs...

I also have water hash, and juiced fresh plant cubes that I take as well. A typical day, over the past 4 months has been to take the first 1/10 in the morning, after breakfast, along with a CBD pill. Then second 1/10 after lunch, along with CBD pill. Then a couple of cubes of the raw plant juice in the afternoon mixed with water. Then after dinner, another 1/10 of the RSO with another CBD capsule.

I believe it's the CBD helps most with pain. And since I'm not working now, haven't minded the euphoric effects, but find I skip taking my medicine if I know I need my wits about me. Subsequently, skipping dosages happens too often, and I've not achieved the consistency that is so important.

And, the recent bone scan in September says that over the past seven months, the cancer has grown in the sternum, which really surprised me. I was hoping that it would slow things down to a halt, since it was called as 'very indolent and slow growing' by the new oncologist who gave me the prescription at the beginning of this all.

Then yesterday I came to this site and started reading about 'tacking' the medicine, rather than eating it outright. That by eating the medicine as I have been doing, I could have caused the cancer to worsen by not taking enough, or by taking too much (I'm sure I read this somewhere in the first 15-20 pages of this thread....??).

So I have some questions, and really hope someone can answer them:
1. By tacking, it appears I should be able to work up to the one ml (gram) per day without the euphoric or anxious/panicy side effects. Since I can manage 3/10 of a gram in one day, do you have any recommendations on how much I should increase my daily dosage, and for how long before the next increase, etc. until I reach the full ml per day??
2. If I haven't been dosing properly over these past four months, could I have caused the cancer to worsen?
3. ....should I continue to try to achieve the full gram dosage in one day using the tacking method?
4. Today, I've tried tacking twice. I can't seem to get the oil stuck (yet) so after trying to tack as per the instructions, I closed my mouth and didn't swallow for a long time afterwards....with the idea that by the time I do swallow, I'll have already absorbed the majority of THC through my gums/cheeks, and won't get so high as if I had immediately swallowed it. Is that idea correct?
5. When tacking properly, how long does it take for all active components in the oil to be absorbed?
6. Is there an ideal amount of CBD that should be taken with RSO (THC) to achieve the highest levels of synergy between the two??

Thank you, thank you, thank you all of the invaluable information shared in this forum.

Any replies are deeply appreciated.

1) yes, by tacking you will not get the euphoria and I would recommend working up to somewhere between 5 and 8 grains of rice per day - daytime oil should be 2 oz of high THC strain mixed with 1 oz of high CBD strain and the night oil should be made with as close to pure indica as possible. I break the grains of rice into 4 applications to make it easier and consistent application - use a hand towel or wash cloth to dry area of gums in the beginning can be helpful or rinsing with ice water and warming the oil with hair dryer on low can also help with application to gums in early stages. As time goes the application becomes easier when tacking locations are established.
2) in the sense that improper application will affect mood, diet, sleep yes it could contribute to worsening of health.
3) 1 ml a day isn't a requirement, 5-8 grains of rice worth of the best quality oil is typically sufficient. be sure to hydrate and snack/eat prior to each application and hydrate consistently throughout the day - a minimum of every time you snack and urinate is recommended.
4) correct, you will not get euphoric with proper application - note that once you've tacked each application it's even safe to ingest some oil and not get euphoric - give each tack application at least 15 minutes to set before ingesting anything.
5) as above, allow 15 minutes so if you're tacking a single grain and dividing it into 4 tacks give each one 15 minutes for a total of 60 minutes is a safe method - Over time I was able to tack one after the other relatively quickly and shorten the window down to 20 minutes total.
6) 2:1 THC to CBD is recommended.

best wishes

Thank you for your response!! I have RSO from the lab in Vancouver, and I have RSO from the Kootenays, which tastes much better and is stronger than the RSO from Vancouver....but I'm unsure of the THC/CBD ratios. I am awake and aware during the day, and as soon as I take my medicine at night, I fall right to sleep, so maybe the RSO oil I'm taking now (from the Kootenays) is well balanced. I will keep on trying to tack....if that doesn't work, it seems holding it in my mouth for a long time without swallowing helps to mitigate the level of euphoria...and maybe this is how I will be able to get passed the 3/10 ml maximum I've been able to ingest up until now. Thanks again budnoob, really appreciate your kindness.

Hi twinkly,

Welcome to 420 Magazine! Lets get to your answers.
1. When tacking you don't have to have a 'buildup' like digesting. Most of my patients do five grains of rice a day. Potency of the oil plays a big part also. The more potent the oil the quicker the heal. You will find by tacking the healing efficiency is night and day. Lets do this as a starting point; learn to tack correctly. Easiest way to do this at first to insure no euphoric is tack a small dot to the bottom of your gum in the middle below your teeth roots where your cheek inside and gum meet but apply to your gum. Press firmly as if you want to press the oil into your gum, hold for approximately 20 seconds, then with small strokes side to side keep going until you feel the oil stick to your gums. Remove your finger, see where the oil has moved and apply right next to the spot you started with and repeat. Then another small dot (about 1/8 th of a grain of rice), repeat like the first amount. Wait 15 minutes and apply your grain of rice. Getting as much on your gums is the key to the quickest most efficient heal. Once the method is learned correctly you can take a grain of rice and break it down to a couple doses and when you become experienced with the method and your tack spots build up it becomes very easy. Do this five times a day, approximately every two hours. If you have the specifications on your oil please post them so I can get a better read on how much you need in a day.
2. I've seen quite a few results from digesting the oil only having their cancer get worse and this was from their test results, not something the patient thought. I had a local patient that was doing the digesting only method and he was digesting for 1.5 months. His numbers went up not down. Then I taught him the tacking method and in two months his cancer was almost completely gone and although he hasn't went back for a blood work up since I'd bet the farm it was completely gone. He had stage four prostate that mets all over. His oncologist said it was to late for chemo/radiation. So yes, when digesting the concentrate cancer can get worse. Here is why; when digesting the oil and getting euphoric its like taking a man made med. When your system becomes immuned to it (seems impossible if you ask me) you need more and more. Also being euphoric on the oil can have severe adverse affects on pain killers, sleeping meds and blood pressure meds (which with the right oil strains you don't need the man made meds) not to mention your mental state. You sit around and dwell on your illiness, especially on an Indica dominant strain used during the day.
3. No. You do not need a gram a day unless your oil is low grade. Five grains of rice a day will be efficient starting off. Any more than that will be determined off your check-ups to get a read if more is needed. Here is why; no way you can tack a gram of oil a day, so why waste the oil. Let your test determine if you need more. The biggest mistake people make is to go in with the 'mother load' to rid their cancer as soon as possible, its human nature.
4. Your idea is correct. In theory that is what the 'tacking' is all about. Rubbing the oil into your gums excels your theory and insures no boo boo's. Even if you try to tack and it doesn't work and most drains down the high is still a lot less. Tacking for some is very easy and others have a hard time. Relax, no rush, patient is key. Always dose after you eat and brush your teeth so food particles don't carry down. Practice makes perfect and try the small dots which are easily controlled followed up by your grain of rice.
5. Depends on your system; I've seen the oil work in the matter of seconds on people with extreme sensitive systems. On the norm once the oil is fully seated into your receptors (3-5 days) a couple of minutes. Keep in mind all numbers are guidelines some less, some more.
6. All my blends for daytime oil is a 2-1 blend. A high THC hybrid blended with a high CBD strain. An example; 2oz. high THC to 1 ounce of high CBD. This blend has been perfect for cancer unless it is brain cancer, then at the start it would be a 1-1 ratio. In fact we just was discussing strains this a.m. How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil you can read back a couple of pages to get the full ideal.

Your very welcome! Try small amounts to learn how to tack. Get it right and you will not have any issues. Also if you do mess up you can 911 yourself (no need to suffer for 6-8 hours pulling G's exploring planets trying to hold your mug). Simply tack a couple of small dots correctly and it will bring you down.

Here is to a quick efficient full recovery. You will be amazed how the 'wellness' feeling gives you such a positive mind set so you don't dwell on cancer, get on with your life without missing a beat. One final mention; tacking Indica a lot of people think they are getting high (you will notice the difference because you have been there digesting the oil). You will find your body is totally relaxed but your not high because you can walk straight :).

420 Motoco

Hi everyone, I have just found this thread and couldn't stop reading! Thank you for all the information.

I had a rocky introduction to medical marijuana, namely RSO.

Just before Christmas 2013 I was told I had bone cancer in the sternum. I had been in remission from breast cancer since a bilateral mastectomy in 2007, so the news was a bit of a surprise.

In January, my naturopathic oncologist told me the most important medicine I could be taking is RSO, and he gave me the name of a dispensary in BC.

I didn't have my medical marijuana prescription yet, and was waiting for my appointment with a brand new oncologist.... so I purchased my first batch of RSO from a company that would sell their RSO to me if I signed a waiver stating I couldn't find a doctor to give me a prescription (my family doctor said no). So I signed the waiver and sent off payment for my first order. Once I received my medicine, I saw that it didn't resemble the medicine I'd seen the in the video 'Run from the Cure'. Knowing what I know now, it seems this company wasn't making RSO...they were simply adding fractionated coconut oil to BHO when it was warm (fractionated coconut oil doesn't solidify at room temperature - it stays liquid) and then selling it as RSO.

So, when I started taking this medicine, I followed the cautions I read about, and started very small, and worked my way up to taking the required one gram dose in a day. The little jar was supposed to be a month's worth, so tried to space out and eyeball the dosage amounts based on how much I was given in the month's supply. Three weeks into this BHO concoction, I got my medical marijuana prescription from my oncologist, and made my first order from the dispensary in BC. The RSO arrived individually packed and labeled, in one ml syringes (without the needle part). The label stated the amount of THC, CBD and CBN in the oil.

Thinking I had already worked up my tolerance after taking the BHO infused coconut oil for the past month, I took an entire one ml syringe of the new authentic RSO oil in one go on day one. Then, on day two did the same. On day three I did the same. By that time, I was so high I couldn't enunciate my words, and it was just a slurred mash of sound that came out. On the morning of day four, I woke up in a full blown anxiety/panic attack, that lasted for ten days. It was the most horrible and challenging experience of my life.

And I should have known better. I am very sensitive to drugs, and metabolize them very slowly, so subsequently I don't take any drugs of any kind. Not even for a headache. I should have known to take it easy with the brand new medicine...but for some reason, I didn't. And I paid for it.

Since the overdose, I slowly reintroduced the new RSO to my system just as if I was starting from day one. To-date, for the past four months, the most I have been able to ingest in an entire day is 3/10 of a syringe, and for most of that time, I am sort of, or a lot high. If I try to take more, the anxiety starts to set in, and I avoid that as far as possible.

I also take CBD capsules, but I'm unsure of how much CBD is in each capsule. Here is what the label does say:
CBD CAPSULES
1.6% THC
31.72CBD
.22CBN
ALL MEDICINE IS
TESTED BY THE GREEN
CROSS
NOT FOR RESALE

And to the left of this info is a logo that is six sided and looks like a honeycomb (yellow with dark brown outline). Also, note, percentage signs were not included behind the CBD and CBN numbers, so I am assuming there should be percentage signs...

I also have water hash, and juiced fresh plant cubes that I take as well. A typical day, over the past 4 months has been to take the first 1/10 in the morning, after breakfast, along with a CBD pill. Then second 1/10 after lunch, along with CBD pill. Then a couple of cubes of the raw plant juice in the afternoon mixed with water. Then after dinner, another 1/10 of the RSO with another CBD capsule.

I believe it's the CBD helps most with pain. And since I'm not working now, haven't minded the euphoric effects, but find I skip taking my medicine if I know I need my wits about me. Subsequently, skipping dosages happens too often, and I've not achieved the consistency that is so important.

And, the recent bone scan in September says that over the past seven months, the cancer has grown in the sternum, which really surprised me. I was hoping that it would slow things down to a halt, since it was called as 'very indolent and slow growing' by the new oncologist who gave me the prescription at the beginning of this all.

Then yesterday I came to this site and started reading about 'tacking' the medicine, rather than eating it outright. That by eating the medicine as I have been doing, I could have caused the cancer to worsen by not taking enough, or by taking too much (I'm sure I read this somewhere in the first 15-20 pages of this thread....??).

So I have some questions, and really hope someone can answer them:
1. By tacking, it appears I should be able to work up to the one ml (gram) per day without the euphoric or anxious/panicy side effects. Since I can manage 3/10 of a gram in one day, do you have any recommendations on how much I should increase my daily dosage, and for how long before the next increase, etc. until I reach the full ml per day??
2. If I haven't been dosing properly over these past four months, could I have caused the cancer to worsen?
3. ....should I continue to try to achieve the full gram dosage in one day using the tacking method?
4. Today, I've tried tacking twice. I can't seem to get the oil stuck (yet) so after trying to tack as per the instructions, I closed my mouth and didn't swallow for a long time afterwards....with the idea that by the time I do swallow, I'll have already absorbed the majority of THC through my gums/cheeks, and won't get so high as if I had immediately swallowed it. Is that idea correct?
5. When tacking properly, how long does it take for all active components in the oil to be absorbed?
6. Is there an ideal amount of CBD that should be taken with RSO (THC) to achieve the highest levels of synergy between the two??

Thank you, thank you, thank you all of the invaluable information shared in this forum.

Any replies are deeply appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom