CannaLady

Container size: 3 inch peat pots
Medium: Started in coco coir pellets and moved to peat pots with standard potting mix with no added nutes
Lights: 80W LED with red/blue spectrum
Nutrients: After 3 weeks added half strength 2-4-2 that includes molasses
Strain(s): Autos GSC, NL, NL*NLBB; Feminized Sativa Chocolope
# of Plants: 6
Seeds purchased from: Weedseedexpress, March 2021
Notes:
- My plan was to start indoors and them move out in May when weather permits in my area. I do not have a tent set up.
- I've used multiple methods to get seeds to germinate and they all took their sweet little time.
- used distilled water in a glass for 24 hours and then placed in coco pellets - took a week to germinate and some died.
- the seedlings that did survive seem to be taking their sweet little time growing. It's been about 3 weeks and they're 4 inches tall.
- I don't have other lighting in my grow room to take better pictures of my very simple set up.
Help?

Grow1_04282021.jpg

Grow2_04282021.jpg

Grow3_04282021.jpg

Grow4_04282021.jpg

Grow5_04282021.jpg

I also started a new set of seeds just in case this one is a bust. I'm determined to have at least one plant make it outside in my garden. I've didn't use pellets. Instead I soaked in distilled water for 24 hours and then put them directly in 3" peat pots. The dome is on a heat mat and I'm spraying them every few hours with distilled water.
Both NLxBB and GSC.

StartNew_04282021.jpg

:welcome: to the site CannaLady! The plants look good so far. What's your plan as they grow besides moving them outside in May? Will you be transplanting into 1 gallons and then bigger?

They're going to need nutrients pretty soon so I was wondering what you're planning on feeding them? Molasses won't feed the plants and 2-4-2 isn't a good mix for cannabis. It has more phosphorus than they need and not much nitrogen or potassium. Do you have any other nutrients for them?

Also, how many watts do those colored LEDs draw?

:welcome: to the site CannaLady! The plants look good so far. What's your plan as they grow besides moving them outside in May? Will you be transplanting into 1 gallons and then bigger?

They're going to need nutrients pretty soon so I was wondering what you're planning on feeding them? Molasses won't feed the plants and 2-4-2 isn't a good mix for cannabis. It has more phosphorus than they need and not much nitrogen or potassium. Do you have any other nutrients for them?

Also, how many watts do those colored LEDs draw?
Thank you InTheShed. My plan is to put them in 15 gallon smart pots with Coast of Maine Stonington mix. It's formulated for cannabis plants and apparently no nutes are needed (at least in theory).

Thank you InTheShed. My plan is to put them in 15 gallon smart pots with Coast of Maine Stonington mix. It's formulated for cannabis plants and apparently no nutes are needed (at least in theory).
Oops. I missed a few of your questions...
Ok. I also have fox farm Grow Big, 6-4-4, but haven't used that on them.
The feeding part is hard because there is so much conflicting info.

Thanks! Until you get into the 15 gallon pots of Stonington mix, they are going to need some serious feeding to make them big enough for pots that size. Also, you should have at least 2 pot-sizes between the cups and the 15 gallon smart pots, as it's really hard to water a small plant in a huge pot because the roots haven't grown enough to take in all the water that size pot can hold. Like a 1 gallon and then a 5. I think a 10 would fit in there too.

15 gallon pots are huge and will grow small trees if done well!

Grow Big is a good nutrient (I started with the FoxFarm trio) so I would follow the FoxFarm soil feeding schedule until you get into the water-only mix.

Another thing to mention is that it will take about 4-5 days to get your plants used to the sun when you move them outside, so take the hardening off into account.

I grew a Chocolope from Weed Seeds Express last year and it turned out really well!

Thanks! Until you get into the 15 gallon pots of Stonington mix, they are going to need some serious feeding to make them big enough for pots that size. Also, you should have at least 2 pot-sizes between the cups and the 15 gallon smart pots, as it's really hard to water a small plant in a huge pot because the roots haven't grown enough to take in all the water that size pot can hold. Like a 1 gallon and then a 5. I think a 10 would fit in there too.

15 gallon pots are huge and will grow small trees if done well!

Grow Big is a good nutrient (I started with the FoxFarm trio) so I would follow the FoxFarm soil feeding schedule until you get into the water-only mix.

Another thing to mention is that it will take about 4-5 days to get your plants used to the sun when you move them outside, so take the hardening off into account.

I grew a Chocolope from Weed Seeds Express last year and it turned out really well!
Thank you so much. I'm going to feed them and see if that helps them get to veg stage.

I also started a new set of seeds just in case this one is a bust. I'm determined to have at least one plant make it outside in my garden. I've didn't use pellets. Instead I soaked in distilled water for 24 hours and then put them directly in 3" peat pots. The dome is on a heat mat and I'm spraying them every few hours with distilled water.
Both NLxBB and GSC.

StartNew_04282021.jpg
So, this little GSC cutie popped up when I was sleeping. Not sure if I should keep it dark for a bit or put it under red/blue spectrum. I do not have an additional LED light and probably shouldn't switch to blue for all of them. Thoughts? Thank you all so much.

GSC5_04292021.jpg

Thank you, yes, my first.
Great start @CannaLady lots going on right out of the gate.
You managed to get the attention of some great members to help you.
I'm not much help in soil but ill follow along.
Bill

So, this little GSC cutie popped up when I was sleeping. Not sure if I should keep it dark for a bit or put it under red/blue spectrum. I do not have an additional LED light and probably shouldn't switch to blue for all of them. Thoughts? Thank you all so much.
The more light the better regardless of spectrum with lights that small, so squeeze that one in there with the rest.

I don't know how many watts those lights draw (not output watts described by the manufacturer), but you might be better off with a bunch of cheap CFLs. A 23w CFL is the equivalent of a 100 watt light bulb, and you can buy the 6500K versions and get a nice blue/white light for them.

Are they just on a table in a spare room?

The more light the better regardless of spectrum with lights that small, so squeeze that one in there with the rest.

I don't know how many watts those lights draw (not output watts described by the manufacturer), but you might be better off with a bunch of cheap CFLs. A 23w CFL is the equivalent of a 100 watt light bulb, and you can buy the 6500K versions and get a nice blue/white light for them.

Are they just on a table in a spare room?
They're in my office. Going to look for another light cause now I'm realizing the one I have won't fit over bigger pots. Ty

They're in my office. Going to look for another light cause now I'm realizing the one I have won't fit over bigger pots. Ty
So, the person would normally help me advised me he can't hang the CFL lights in a way that's going to work and that I should get a T5 set up with a standard hanger such as the iPower GLT5XX2 24W 2 Feet T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 6400K (yes all to avoid hanging individual lights). Will that do? ty!

GSC5_04292021.jpg
Here are 2 GSC; Started on 04/27/2021 in cup of distilled water for 24 hours and then moved directly to potting mix on 04/28. This was record time compared to previous attempts with pellets.

GSC1_04302021.jpg

Here are 2 GSC; Started on 04/27/2021 in cup of distilled water for 24 hours and then moved directly to potting mix on 04/28. This was record time compared to previous attempts with pellets.

GSC1_04302021.jpg
I'm curious why you only half filled the pots.
That tap root will hit bottom in no time.
Bill

T5's work really well for germination and early veg so that's a good move.

Bill makes a good point about the tap root hitting the bottom in a day. My suggestion would be to cut the peat pot down at soil level, then cut the bottom off and plant it in a bigger pot.

If you do, remember to only water the size of the original peat so you don't drown it before it's grown roots into the new soil.

Back
Top Bottom