I seem to have hit the sweet spot.

20210508_190315.jpg

Those blue pots can easily go into 2 gallons, and moving LST plants is as easy as disconnecting the ties from the old pot and reconnecting them to the new one after transplant.

Not sure if you've seen it, but I have a thread on LST with lots of good information in it:

Those blue pots can easily go into 2 gallons, and moving LST plants is as easy as disconnecting the ties from the old pot and reconnecting them to the new one after transplant.

Not sure if you've seen it, but I have a thread on LST with lots of good information in it:
I've ordered the 2 gallon and will be moving them today or tomorrow.
Yes, I did read you LST posts and hoping to use it, but I'm very nervous about messing it up. They're doing so well which makes me hesitant. Going to start after transplant. :)

Well, my hot water heater died so I've been distracted for a few days. Today I up potted all of them to 11 inch (except new GSC babies) and fed them with Grow Big. Next watering I'll give them some Big Bloom. One plant looks like it's starting to pre-flower. When I started, a few seeds got mixed up in water cups, so this could be GSC or Critical Purple. Not sure if up potting was such a good idea, but took a chance. I've moved them out of the direct lights for a few hours.

Misc1_TopView_05162021.jpg

Misc1_05162021.jpg

Misc1_IsthisPreflower_05162021.jpg

So, on the one hand I'm grateful they didn't go into transplant shock, but on the less positive side I'm running out of space under my T5 and when I pot up I'm definitely going to have a problem. Since I can't spend on a new light, I'm going to have to get creative. This also means I'm going to have to get them outside in the two weeks. In the meantime... I'm using the led I bought to supplement.

RunningOutofLight_05172021.jpg

When do you plan on moving them outdoors? I’m thinking weather permitting you could start taking them out during the day now and hardening them up for the full time move outdoors.
I‘m sure Shed will be around in the next day or 2 to help keep you on the correct path, he’s the very best at that.

One plant looks like it's starting to pre-flower.
Unless these are autos, that's just the plant letting you know it's a female. Photos won't flower until they sense the light change.
I've moved them out of the direct lights for a few hours.
Why?
I did up pot her against my own advice.
Lots of plants slow down after transplant (and almost all of mine do), so once it gets new roots growing the top will start to take off.
This also means I'm going to have to get them outside in the two weeks.
Are you still waiting for warmer weather?
When do you plan on moving them outdoors? I’m thinking weather permitting you could start taking them out during the day now and hardening them up for the full time move outdoors.
Good idea Nev!
They've been exposed to fresh air from my open window so hopefully that will help with hardening off.
They need a certain hours of direct sunlight/day for a few days to get hardened off. It's the sun that will burn them if you just move them out and leave them out.
It would also be good to know if I should start cutting down on the 18 hours, so when I put the chocolopes out they don't get confused and start flowering. Not sure if going from 18 to 15 is a good idea.
How many hours of daylight do you have now where you are? Put your location in the search box here and it will let you know:

You can see that in Los Angeles I get 14 hours now. You should start moving your lighting schedule to within an hour or two of whatever you have now. 15 minutes a day should do it without stress at this age. If they were older it might be more of a problem.

Unless these are autos, that's just the plant letting you know it's a female. Photos won't flower until they sense the light change.

Why?

Lots of plants slow down after transplant (and almost all of mine do), so once it gets new roots growing the top will start to take off.

Are you still waiting for warmer weather?

Good idea Nev!

They need a certain hours of direct sunlight/day for a few days to get hardened off. It's the sun that will burn them if you just move them out and leave them out.

How many hours of daylight do you have now where you are? Put your location in the search box here and it will let you know:

You can see that in Los Angeles I get 14 hours now. You should start moving your lighting schedule to within an hour or two of whatever you have now. 15 minutes a day should do it without stress at this age. If they were older it might be more of a problem.
Hi InTheShed, thanks so much and here are the answers:

The one that looks like it's preflowering is an indica auto that I started in early April. It's either critical purple or GSC. I'd be happy if it was critical purple as I thought I'd lost them. A few seeds got mixed up when I started, but all my autos are indica so it's one or the other. I read that it's not a good idea to start training after it starts the flowering process so I'm hesitant to do that at this point.

I read that after transplanting it's better to let them recuperate a bit without light. They were back under the lights this morning.

The NL is actually quite happy in her new home this morning, but since she's an auto an planted early april, I thought perhaps she's stunted.

I'm in Mass, so my day temps are fluctuating between 68 and 77 with night temps starting to climb into mid 50s. I've got about 15 1/2 hours of daylight right now and of course that will increase for June and then start to go down.

I can certainly put them out during the warm hours and then back under the lights at night if prudent. I've been growing heirloom tomatoes for years so I'm okay with the hardening off period.

I'll start to put them out for a few hours a day and reduce hours of light by 15 a day - thanks again.

Oh sorry, forgot some were autos! I try not to transplant autos since that can slow them down, so I start them in their final pot and water them as if they were in a small pot. But even a stunted auto can still give you some nice smoke...just not as much. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you're home during the day I would certainly begin to harden them off now as the sunlight will kick the growth into high gear. After 4 or 5 days you can leave them out all day and take them in at night out of the cold. I do that all year with my plants: outside every morning and inside every night! It's just part of my routine now.

Yeah, aside from the chocolopes they are autos. They're quickly adjusting to my assault on them. If I put the one preflowering out, perhaps I just need to let it stay in the 3 gallon pot and not try to do any further transplants and what it gives me in the end is what I get. Now I'm really glad I started the other two as I can apply what I've learned in the past few weeks. Next year I'm getting a tent for sure.

Back
Top Bottom