Cannalearna's Bagseed Grow "09"

cannalearna

This is my first grow. I started germination on the 21st of December with 50-60 mixed bagseed I had saved (probably 4-5 different strains) which 31 were successful. So far I have about $200 invested and probably another $200-$300 more to go.

Strain-???? - Indica and Sativa mix (I think)
Germination - Wet paper towel with rooting hormone
Vegetating - 30 for 3-4 weeks/so far
Flowering - 1 for 1 day/so far
Indoor -
Medium - Soil/Gravel mix
Containers - egg crates, 20 ounce cups, 1 gallon bags, 5 pound sugar container, 1 gallon milk container, and 2.5 gallon nursery planter
Room Size - Veg is 8'Lx4'Wx4'H and Flower is 8'Lx4'Wx5'H
Reflective Material - Emergency Blankets
Lighting - 2 dual 4' T8 32w Daylight Fluorescent Tube, 4 27w Daylight CFL, and 1 70w HPS for Veg. 3 27w CFL... 1 Daylight and 2 Cool for Flower (just for 1 for now).
Temperature - 55 degrees F to 75 degrees F
Humidity - 32-56
PH - Soil-???? Water is 7.2
Watering - When top of soil dries out
Nutrients - Miracle Grow at 1/2 strength once a week/for now

Here is the Veg Room...
Room_3.jpeg

The HPS light (in the middle) is the one at lowes. 70w HPS for like $35-$40. You definitely have to modify it... I took the guts out and made my own, but I did not mess with the light sensor... I just taped it up with electrical tape.

So far I have let my plants freeze, low temps, low humidity, overwatered, overfertilized, underfertilized, and have no clue what the PH is. I would say I have 4-5 plants that may not make it, they are still growing, but don't look healthy.

This one looks burned.

Crispy_Critter.jpeg

Even the twins are growing very slow.

Twins_3rd_Set.jpeg

The deformed plant is the best grower... short and bushy.

Deformed_3rd_Node.jpeg
Deformed_lots_of_Inner_Growth.jpeg

This is the most mature plant.

5th_Node.jpeg

Yeah... the water is 7 - 7.2 PH. I use twiggy soil to lower the PH a bit. I do not have a soil tester though so I don't know soil PH.

At first I thought the plant was sick from the low temps at night. The plant looks the worst in the morning perks up throughout the day. I was figuring the total dissolved oxygen was low and nutes were getting locked out or something. It's been suggested that they look over fertilized too. I bet everyone is right and the PH is out of wack and the plants are getting burned by the Miracle Grow being 24-8-16 NPK. I have fed 3 times 2 @ 1/4 strength and 1 @ 1/2 strength once a week. I will not use Miracle Grow in future grows... it seems to harsh.

First FIM...

FIM1.jpg

New tops...

FIM_Photo.jpeg

Did I read correctly that you intend on flowering soon? I'm no expert but it seems like that is the absolute wrong thing to do at this juncture - my humble advice is this - change the soil first off - I use Expert Gardener soil from Wal-Mart and it works great...Miracle Grow products are GARBAGE, stay away. I once bought some MG soil and have yet to completely get rid of the gnats that came along for the ride, and I have slaughtered almost 100,000 of the little bastards to date. Everyone here will tell you though, that if you can get Fox Farms products, that is the way to go. Failing that, give my advice a try, veg for another month to get some height and strength before flowering, otherwise you are wasting your time.

Thanks for the concern XSVBuds, but I am going to keep flowering. I am only expecting 10-14 grams per plant. I am going to use better quality supplies when they are available for future grows. Anywhere worth going to around here is like an hour away. Everything I have used ANYONE can get pretty easily and cheaply. As long as smoke goes in and out of my lungs and I get stoned... I'll be happy this time around. Next grow I'm going to get serious with the Kush... I'm thinking Violator.

I recomend letting them veg until they are 1 foot tall. Thats what i did and i ended up with 28" main colas sticking out of the dirt. I got 1/2 oz off each plant. You could try lst'ing 1 or 2 of em too. I like growing a bunch of seeds to find good hearty genes.

Today I built a better lighting system... I took a piece of 3/8" 2 1/2' x 4' particle board sheet and wired 14 CFLs, four 4' T8 fluoro tubes, and a HPS (70w) to it. I broke all the bottoms on the CFLs and wired them directly, then cut a hole for the previously made HPS light, and then mounted 2 dual fluoro shop lights. 35,260 lumens @ 488 watts. Mixed spectrum of 6 @ 27000k, 5 @ 3300k, and 8 @ 6500k. I hope they like it... it took 4 hours to make! Here is a pic.

New_Light.jpeg

Still have to paint it.

Back
Top Bottom