CBD Auto EmmyStack In AziSIPs, GeoFlora, Sweet Candy, Dynomyco, Roots Organic Soil +

Oh hey! Nick Hardy = Grandpa! 👴
Haha, ok, thanks, Nick!
Yeah, my life is all strung out, and I do not always know what is going on. (I blame it on the autosm.) But with a lot of prayer I always seem to make it--and we are going to get it one of these days!

Haha, it is a long story but I bought way too many seeds ('cuz when it is my health I get a little excited). So probably I will grow these autos until we run out of seeds, and then I will probably switch to photos and use those until I run out of them 😂
Maybe somewhere along the way we will adapt some kind of seeds to this climate (and if not, I will just have to add a grow room onto the house) 🏡
I would guess some Kush type strains would work well for you.

Altitude
Heat
Humidity - but short period through the year

Those Afghan Kush, the Hindu Kush - similar conditions. Chuck a dozen of them on the roof - chose by strain. M
Also Grandpa is Grandpa - I’m not that dude just in the same thread.

Nick

I would guess some Kush type strains would work well for you.

Altitude
Heat
Humidity - but short period through the year

Those Afghan Kush, the Hindu Kush - similar conditions. Chuck a dozen of them on the roof - chose by strain. M
Also Grandpa is Grandpa - I’m not that dude just in the same thread.

Nick
Ahh, ok, Kush. I will check it out. thanks! 🙏
the growing season is 365 days a year. there are like a zillion different micro climates in Colombia (rain, desert, jungle, ice, whatever you want). You pick your climate by elevation, and then it changes like maybe four or 5°F over the course of the year. And it gets a little more humid or a little more arid depending on where you are. But you can grow year-round.

When we came to check the place out, it must've been hot that couple of days 😂 I will check out the Kush.

Since Grandpa Tokin is no longer visiting and you're a grandpa...
How very dare you! Despite the the girly eyelashes I thought you a friend, Shed 🤣

How far is Phuket from the equator and on what hemisphere is it? Phuket is 551.66 mi (887.82 km) north of the equator, so it is located in the northern hemisphere.

Yeah we're prety close

Here is close to sea level. But the Golden Triangle (opium, weed, heroin, and now synthetic opiods) in the north of Thailand is almost as famous as Columbian Narco gangs.

Yeah we're prety close

Here is close to sea level. But the Golden Triangle (opium, weed, heroin, and now synthetic opiods) in the north of Thailand is almost as famous as Columbian Narco gangs.
Yeah, the Golden Triangle is famous. I thought to go there one time for the 'shrooms. They say the weed is potent as well.

Colombia was pretty high profile in the 70s. It's pretty subdued now, compared, although they still traffic tons of stuff (probably because the politicians need to keep up those BMW payments).
The new president (Petro) said he wanted to legalize everything, but of course they won't let him do it (because it would shut down their side income). So, the war on plants continues...

They will not let you grow 'shrooms openly, but at least you can grow 19 weed plants and some coca (and yage, if you like that) without being hassled. So there are plenty of first world complaints, but overall it is pretty good. (I would still like to check out those Thai 'shrooms one day.)

Dunno - until last week I had a bag of Thai Shrooms on my bookshelf. I think they’re mostly imported spores. Not heard of Thailand being being on shrooms. The Golden Triangle was always opium/heroin - bit of weed now meth and synthetic fentanyl. Those bastards in Myanmar over took us and Afghanistan on opium production just last week.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/12/myanmar-opium-biggest-producer-overtaking-afghanistan-unodc-study#:~:text=Myanmar%20became%20the%20world's%20biggest,to%20a%20United%20Nations%20report.

But yeah unless you’re in a tourist area (I am) mushrooms have zero recognition with locals here. They will also currently get you into probably more trouble than cocaine here with the cops.

I do not understand the point of criminalizing plants.

Woof!!... 😱😱
I just put my first two-week application of GeoFlora Veg as a topdress. Now the whole house smells like bat guano. (Pepe le Piu!)

Oy... 🤔 I signed on for this for three months?????
(I think I'm going to go back to super soil after this! 😂 )

Yeah, good idea.
I thought about REMOVING the mulch, but I only had 1-1/2 hours.
It took all that time to spread out the powder, and then water it in with my smaller 1 liter water bottles, because they have a finer dispersion, so I could get closer to the rim.
When I poured water on the dry powder, the water tried running off all over the place.
For the last ten or so, I tried scratching it into the mulch, but it was a similar story. So, I made a second watering pass and it seemed to help, but there is still a lot of residue (nutes? fuel?) on the surface.
This is SDAC (Swiss Dream Auto CBD). Most of the buckets look very similar (both the early 5, and the later 10).

GeoFlora residue.jpg

I thought about pulling the mulch and then re-applying it, it seemed like a lot of work, and I was out of time.
(With supersoil you just pour water down the fill tube... like 15-20 seconds... done.)

For full disclosure, I think I probably have enough GeoFlora BLOOM and SWEET CANDY to go the distance, but I do not have enough VEG. So I think rather than buy any more VEG (and have it shipped here at outrageous numbers) I will just use urine, and some other organic VEG formula I already have here. Probably I will go ahead and pour it over the top of this residue, to see if any washes in.

@GeoFlora Nutrients , do you perhaps have any suggestions to minimize runoff?
(If I wet it with a sprayer bottle, then does maybe the rest of the water will not run off so bad??
Or are there any good tips as to how NOT to have the water run off all over the place? (Or to get the granules to soak in better?)
Thank you in advance for any solutions.

What I do when adding dry amendments (my worm castings, malted barley and crumbles) to the top of my mulch layer is add them each indivually and then use a tool to gently scratch them in and mix them into the mulch layer. Then I spray that layer down really well with a misting bottle trying to wet the top inch of mulch and then come back and do whatever watering needs to be done down the pipe.

I try to keep that mulch layer moist every day so the microbes and top feeder roots can continue operations, but the majority of the fertigation goes down the pipe, although I do add my WCA (Water Soluble Calcium) from the top each week.

You could try adding an additional thin layer of mulch on top of that layer after you've scratched it in and misted. That would be every two weeks that you'd be adding more compost mulch which would be a good thing.

The other thing you could do is spray some LAB on top when you're done as that knocks down organic odors nearly immediately.

When I poured water on the dry powder, the water tried running off all over the place.
For the last ten or so, I tried scratching it into the mulch, but it was a similar story. So, I made a second watering pass and it seemed to help, but there is still a lot of residue (nutes? fuel?) on the surface.
I run into the same thing with Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow and the Roots Organic Terp Tea Flower. The dry powder is very hydrophobic and the water runs off. Don't worry too much about it since the micro-organisms will eat it and pass along what the plants need at their own pace and not much we can do to speed that process up.

What I sometimes do is water first with enough to get the surface nice and wet. Then I sprinkle the powder over the surface and it will cling to the wet soil. Sometimes small areas show a darker color indicating that the powder has gotten wet from the bottom up. After the application I will sometimes, actually rarely, finish off with another watering to help move any dissolved powder a bit more into the soil. The next watering session in a day or two is enough to keep the microbes eating the powder and keeping the process going.

I run into the same thing with Roots Organic Terp Tea Grow and the Roots Organic Terp Tea Flower.

Ahh, ok. Are those analogous to GeoFlora Veg and Bloom, more or less?
If so, that would be great, because I can get Roots here locally for a whale load less then shipping GeoFlora in, and I was just wondering last week if I could replace GeoFlora with Roots (since I have accessibility, and the quality on their Roots Organic soil seems very high).
Is Terp Tea a "complete feeding" like GeoFlora?
Or is there anything else I should add to the stack?

The dry powder is very hydrophobic and the water runs off. Don't worry too much about it since the micro-organisms will eat it and pass along what the plants need at their own pace and not much we can do to speed that process up.

Yeah, ok.

What I sometimes do is water first with enough to get the surface nice and wet. Then I sprinkle the powder over the surface and it will cling to the wet soil. Sometimes small areas show a darker color indicating that the powder has gotten wet from the bottom up. After the application I will sometimes, actually rarely, finish off with another watering to help move any dissolved powder a bit more into the soil. The next watering session in a day or two is enough to keep the microbes eating the powder and keeping the process going.

Sounds like a good routine. I will have to try that on the next feeding.
Thanks, smokin'.
:thumb:

What I do when adding dry amendments (my worm castings, malted barley and crumbles) to the top of my mulch layer is add them each indivually and then use a tool to gently scratch them in and mix them into the mulch layer. Then I spray that layer down really well with a misting bottle trying to wet the top inch of mulch and then come back and do whatever watering needs to be done down the pipe.

I try to keep that mulch layer moist every day so the microbes and top feeder roots can continue operations, but the majority of the fertigation goes down the pipe, although I do add my WCA (Water Soluble Calcium) from the top each week.

You could try adding an additional thin layer of mulch on top of that layer after you've scratched it in and misted. That would be every two weeks that you'd be adding more compost mulch which would be a good thing.

The other thing you could do is spray some LAB on top when you're done as that knocks down organic odors nearly immediately.
Oh, I think I see what you are saying. Keep the top layer moist, to keep the top layer active.
So, every two weeks I would add the fertilizer, water it in, and then add a little more top dress to cover.
Got it.

Ahh, ok. Are those analogous to GeoFlora Veg and Bloom, more or less?
If so, that would be great, because I can get Roots here locally for a whale load less then shipping GeoFlora in, and I was just wondering last week if I could replace GeoFlora with Roots (since I have accessibility, and the quality on their Roots Organic soil seems very high).
From what I can see with a quick read of GeoFlora the two are similar. Compare the back of the GeoFlora bag with the back of the Roots Organic bag looking for similarities and differences. The back of the Roots packaging can be found on their website though it might take a bit of clicking to find the paragraph with ingredients and dose.

A lot of the nutrients that Roots Organic puts in come from extracts of fish parts and for a day or so it might smell like a fishy shoreline on some lake. I am familiar with the smell from all the time spent fishing so it does not bother me and it is contained to the basement grow room. Even their Calcium supplement smells like fish, probably because they extract the Ca from fish bones and scales.

Is Terp Tea a "complete feeding" like GeoFlora?
Yep. One thing I do is start applying the Terp Tea Bloom about 2 to 3 weeks before the plant will be moved into the flowering tent.

Plus there is calcium mixed in the grow and bloom bags and the back of the bags say 20%. I figured that should keep the average grow from showing signs of a Ca deficiency. I have a separate bag of their Calcium for when when a particular plant shows problems such as from being root-bound in undersized containers but it is not needed under normal growing as far as I can tell.

Or is there anything else I should add to the stack?
Not that I can see. They have some special boosters for intense growing situations but I have not seen a need for them for typical growing.

Sounds like a good routine. I will have to try that on the next feeding.
The dry products can be mixed with water or they can be top dressed and mixed in the top layer similar to the GeoFlora. The schedule says once a week for these methods.

Another option is to just sprinkle the powder over the surface and leave it as is. Every time the plant is watered some of the power will be dissolved or remains moist enough that the micro-organisms can do their part to make it accessible to the root system. When I notice that the powder has disappeared or is mostly gone then I sprinkle some more on.

One of the company factory reps suggested this method but to still only put on what can be used up in a week or two. Avoid trying to put a month's worth on at a time was what he was getting at I figure.

From what I can see with a quick read of GeoFlora the two are similar. Compare the back of the GeoFlora bag with the back of the Roots Organic bag looking for similarities and differences. The back of the Roots packaging can be found on their website though it might take a bit of clicking to find the paragraph with ingredients and dose.

A lot of the nutrients that Roots Organic puts in come from extracts of fish parts and for a day or so it might smell like a fishy shoreline on some lake. I am familiar with the smell from all the time spent fishing so it does not bother me and it is contained to the basement grow room. Even their Calcium supplement smells like fish, probably because they extract the Ca from fish bones and scales.

Sounds excellent.
We used to use Alaska Fish Fertilizer as a kid. It cost, but anything you really wanted to thrive, you hit it with fish.
If I do that next time, probably I want to use Azi's routine of spreading the the powder, wetting, then covering with a thin layer of mulch.
They do a lot of trout farms in this area. I wonder if we can compost our own.

Yep. One thing I do is start applying the Terp Tea Bloom about 2 to 3 weeks before the plant will be moved into the flowering tent.

2-3 weeks before?

Plus there is calcium mixed in the grow and bloom bags and the back of the bags say 20%. I figured that should keep the average grow from showing signs of a Ca deficiency. I have a separate bag of their Calcium for when when a particular plant shows problems such as from being root-bound in undersized containers but it is not needed under normal growing as far as I can tell.
Sounds good.

Not that I can see. They have some special boosters for intense growing situations but I have not seen a need for them for typical growing.
I wrote Dude from Aurora Innovations. He said:

"You would go with Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom and Trinity. Killer combo! If you want extra weight on the harvest add some HPK as well. Thanks!
Aurora Innovations/Roots Organics"

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Ummm... ok, they do not sell Buddha Grow or Buddha Bloom here.
They have Terp Tea in Bloom, but they are fresh out of Veg.

I wrote dude, and asked him what to select of what they offer in Colombia. I am hoping to hear back from him tomorrow.
Ingredients breakdown:

Terp Tea Grow: Ingredients: NPK / 7 - 1 - 1
DERIVED FROM Bat Guano, Fish Bone Meal, Fish Meal, Langbeinite, Kieserite, Non Gmo Soybean Meal, Feather Meal, Chicken Manure, Kelp Meal, Dolomite. Also contains nonplant Food ingredients Humic Acid, Beneficial Bacteria and Beneficial Fungi.
(Looks great!)

Terp Tea Bloom: Ingredients: Bat guano, fish bone meal, crab meal, seaweed meal, non-GMO soybean meal, seabird guano, feather meal, langbeinite, kieserite, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash, dolomite. It also contains non-plant food ingredients, beneficial bacteria and beneficial fungi.
(Looks great!)

Buddha Bloom Tea Ingredients: DERIVED FROM Bat Guano, Phosphate Rock, Molasses, Earthworm Castings, Yucca Extract, Kelp Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum), Soy Extract
(Um... is this "better"???)

Roots Organic HPK: Ingredients: Seabird guano and phosphate rock (unparalleled reserves of phosphorus and Langbeinite) a powerful source of potassium and magnesium that is carefully mined from ancient seabeds in the desert southwest of the United States.

Anyone have any thoughts that they might like to share?

The dry products can be mixed with water or they can be top dressed and mixed in the top layer similar to the GeoFlora. The schedule says once a week for these methods.
Sounds like you are having good success with it.

Another option is to just sprinkle the powder over the surface and leave it as is. Every time the plant is watered some of the power will be dissolved or remains moist enough that the micro-organisms can do their part to make it accessible to the root system. When I notice that the powder has disappeared or is mostly gone then I sprinkle some more on.

One of the company factory reps suggested this method but to still only put on what can be used up in a week or two. Avoid trying to put a month's worth on at a time was what he was getting at I figure.
Hahaha, yeah. Like, "do not put all 80-90 days' worth on the first feeding... lol.
It seems good to know that Terp Tea is working for you.

I wrote Dude from Aurora Innovations. He said:

"You would go with Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom and Trinity. Killer combo! If you want extra weight on the harvest add some HPK as well. Thanks!
Aurora Innovations/Roots Organics"

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Ummm... ok, they do not sell Buddha Grow or Buddha Bloom here.
They have Terp Tea in Bloom, but they are fresh out of Veg.
I would have to look at the web site but if memory serves the Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom and Trinity are available as a liquid only that is mixed with water and not a powder. I had been given samples of them while at a local grow store and after trying them out I did notice that they were working. If I was growing in a hydroponic style or method then the Buddha line would be what I would go with.

For any one of several reasons I was looking for a new system that did not involve the precise measuring and scheduling that some other companies required for their products. Top dressing with a dry organic fertilizer once a week seemed to be the way to go. Then when the representative suggested putting down the powder and letting the plant and micro-organisms suggest when it was time for the next dose it was then time to make the switch.

If you know the store will be getting a new order of the Terp Tea Grow you could get the bag of that later and while waiting yo can use up any of the GeoFlora you have left. Get the bag of the Bloom and start with that.

Though, I have a perpetual going so I could do something like that since there are a couple of clones in the flowering tent at any given time and waiting for the store to restock would not be a problem.

I would have to look at the web site but if memory serves the Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom and Trinity are available as a liquid only that is mixed with water and not a powder. I had been given samples of them while at a local grow store and after trying them out I did notice that they were working. If I was growing in a hydroponic style or method then the Buddha line would be what I would go with.

For any one of several reasons I was looking for a new system that did not involve the precise measuring and scheduling that some other companies required for their products. Top dressing with a dry organic fertilizer once a week seemed to be the way to go. Then when the representative suggested putting down the powder and letting the plant and micro-organisms suggest when it was time for the next dose it was then time to make the switch.

If you know the store will be getting a new order of the Terp Tea Grow you could get the bag of that later and while waiting yo can use up any of the GeoFlora you have left. Get the bag of the Bloom and start with that.

Though, I have a perpetual going so I could do something like that since there are a couple of clones in the flowering tent at any given time and waiting for the store to restock would not be a problem.
Good ideas, gracias, SW.
I am pretty sure I have enough GF Bloom and Sweet Candy for the whole grow.
I do NOT have enough Veg for another general feeding. I have like one and three-quarter cups left (so I could almost feed one plant twice more).
Dude is out of Veg on the website.
Haha, I am sure I can find some kind of Veg nutes somewhere in Colombia, or if there's nothing else, I could probably just use urine.
Haha, there would be a side-by-side taste test for you 🤣
Do you suppose we could get a sponsor? 😂

Haha, has anyone ever done side-by-side testing on urine versus Geo Flora? Or Terp Tea? Lol.😆

For full disclosure, I'm comparing the amount of work it took to mix up the super soil, versus the amount of work it took to mix up these buckets, and then spread and water in (six times), and I think supersoil is way less time.
GF: apart from the hours it took to mix the original buckets, it took me about an hour and a half to spread, scratch in, and water with GF this first feeding. Maybe I'll get a little quicker with time? But for a rough estimate, 90 minutes per feeding times six feedings is nine hours, PLUS the original mix time.
I do not think it took me nine hours to mix all the super soil. I think it was more like three hours. So, I'm thinking super soil is a whole lot less work, all things considered. because you only have to mix one time, and then you're done.
Well, ok, actually you have to mix twice. You mix once when you cook, and then you mix again when you go to put it in the buckets (Perlite, DynoMyco, etc.), but I think it is 3 hours (sueprsoil) vs. 9 (hand spread).

Does the feeding time come way down with practice?

Back
Top Bottom