Grow #2: Zkittlez Auto

yes the weather has been far from conducive for growing out side. 90 degrees followed by a week of off and on rain. I am worried about having to dry the harvests in this humidity
I've got my dehumidifier on high and my ac on the dehumidifier settings. It's been a real chore keeping the rh under 70

So I woke up this morning and some of my fan leaves are looking really weird. They have bright yellow patterns on them which cant be normal and must be some kind of deficiency. No clue what causes this and I cant find anything online. Hoping someone has seen this before. Its definitely not nitrogen deficiency I gave plenty during the transition so it's either some strange genetic trait or I overdid something with either the potassium or gave too much magnesium.
20210727_130037.jpg

Lower leaves that yellow generally indicate that they may not be getting enough light or the plant is hungry and feeding from the lower leves

Lower leaves that yellow generally indicate that they may not be getting enough light or the plant is hungry and feeding from the lower leves
Ok that makes sense. I'll have to give a little more bloom on Sunday and see if that fixes it. I took it very lightly

Did some minor defoliation.
All 4 were planted at same time and all 4 are on different schedules. Top left is the furthest along with dark hairs starting to form on the buds now and starting to smell a little bit. Top right not far behind but buds are less compact and more of a sativa structure. The bottom left and right are looking like bushy Indica phenos. The bottom right aka runty I'm predicting is going to outyield the other 3, the stems all stayed more even than the others and the canopy is almost perfect. Beginning of week 8, looking at maybe 5 to 6 weeks until harvest.
16279908884371760755107085717608.jpg
16279909281648374294241516877652.jpg

here is my weekly update on my two zkittles girls. I chopped my outdoor zkittles at 11 weeks due to increasing bud rot threats. She is now hanging in the drying room. She was showing milky tricombs so figured close enough. This is right after taking off all the fans before hanging

20210801_134205.jpg

this is my indoor girl at week 10. Hoping three more weeks but she already smells like a fresh opened bag of skittles. No more top dress feedings as I want her to use everything up

20210803_174412.jpg

here is my weekly update on my two zkittles girls. I chopped my outdoor zkittles at 11 weeks due to increasing bud rot threats. She is now hanging in the drying room. She was showing milky tricombs so figured close enough. This is right after taking off all the fans before hanging

20210801_134205.jpg
Thanks I'm really liking The way they're growing, definitely better than the last grow I had. Judging from my early harvest last time you should be ok with that outdoor lady, mine was picked early and it made some really nice rosin.

this is my indoor girl at week 10. Hoping three more weeks but she already smells like a fresh opened bag of skittles. No more top dress feedings as I want her to use everything up

20210803_174412.jpg
Looking great. Those are some nice fat colas.

What week are you on now Constanza?
Week 9 now but all 4 are growing at different speeds. The plant on the bottom left seems to be ahead of the other 3 and the two on the top are just finishing their stretch now while the bottom 2 are fattening up. I had some humble pie yesterday when my neighbor brought over his jar of the same strain he grew from the same seed and he got 5oz from 1 auto and I got 4oz from 2 of them. Very humbling hahaha

This grow was going so well. Not sure where I went wrong. The majority of the leaves have turned yellow, dried up and fell off the plant. Still has healthy looking buds growing but it's just depressing because I thought I had everything dialed in.
16290527430332080982314103729750.jpg

When was the last time you fed them? Yellowing leaves, without tip burn, usually means they are hungry
I fed them 5 days early and that was last Monday and I havent really seen much improvement. I think the big mistake I made was flushing at the flower transition, it may have washed all the nutrients out of the soil. This is my first organic grow and until that flush everything was watered a good amount but with no runoff. Just makes me mad because everything was going so well, but now I know what not to do on the next one. Growing pains lol

ah that makes perfect sense Constanta. From what I understand, it takes a week and a half until top dressing organic nutes are broken down and available to the plants for uptake.

ah that makes perfect sense Constanta. From what I understand, it takes a week and a half until top dressing organic nutes are broken down and available to the plants for uptake.
well damn, I thought it would only take a few days. I still have a lot to learn.

Back
Top Bottom