3rd Grow: NYC Diesel & LA Confidential, Using Geoflora Nutrients

They look awesome man. And I agree. Can’t wait till my next grow. I’m heading into week 6 and started overdrive today. Didn’t use the big bud or candy on the Critical Kush.I just used molasses. But I’m using on the 3 clones I have. Plus I picked up some Hawaiian Bud and Bloom 5-50-17 to try. I did mix a bit in a cup to see how it ph’d and it’s acidic. Hopefully mine are chopped around Valentines.

They look awesome man. And I agree. Can’t wait till my next grow. I’m heading into week 6 and started overdrive today. Didn’t use the big bud or candy on the Critical Kush.I just used molasses. But I’m using on the 3 clones I have. Plus I picked up some Hawaiian Bud and Bloom 5-50-17 to try. I did mix a bit in a cup to see how it ph’d and it’s acidic. Hopefully mine are chopped around Valentines.
I've been searching for the perfect strain to grow next but it's really hard making a decision. I've been following these seed auctions and I've got my eye on a few of the ethos strains and there are a couple landcrace varieties to pick from. Hopefully I dont get In trouble for linking a non sponsor seed place but I love this site and it should be a sponsor honestly. SHN Auctions | Rare, Hard-to-Find and Sleeper Packs

I've been searching for the perfect strain to grow next but it's really hard making a decision. I've been following these seed auctions and I've got my eye on a few of the ethos strains and there are a couple landcrace varieties to pick from. Hopefully I dont get In trouble for linking a non sponsor seed place but I love this site and it should be a sponsor honestly. SHN Auctions | Rare, Hard-to-Find and Sleeper Packs
Would be nice. I can’t seem to find many reputable US seed banks. Some really bad reviews out there, or bad growers lol.

Would be nice. I can’t seem to find many reputable US seed banks. Some really bad reviews out there, or bad growers lol.
I found some seeds that I really wanted but I'm afraid to order from Spain and get burnt

I think this second diesel is finished. 1st pic is the diesel 2nd pic is the LA for comparison.
2022_01_27_13_55_50_108.jpg
2022_01_27_13_54_46_475.jpg

@Jon that look like 30% amber to you? I've asked a few people so far and the majority said to chop it but I've never trusted the majority. What do you think?
Hey @Costanza, glad I made the pool. Lol. Well, the second picture is easy - that one is definitely not ready. The first picture with the amber trichomes is a different question I think. Is it at 30% amber? No way, more like 10%. But is it ready to chop? I might take it now if it were my plant. That's enough amber for me, and I guess you know peak thc is all milky and no amber. So since I'm an up buzz and high thc guy, this first picture, if it were mine - I'd chop it. But if you want 30% amber so that you get a much more body adn indica-esque buzz from it, then no, to my eyes, like I said, that looks more like 10% amber to me.

You could count the actual individual trichomes in a picture, separating the white from the amber, and get an exact percentage for the trichs in that photo if you were truly insane. Might take a while....:rofl:

Hey @Costanza, glad I made the pool. Lol. Well, the second picture is easy - that one is definitely not ready. The first picture with the amber trichomes is a different question I think. Is it at 30% amber? No way, more like 10%. But is it ready to chop? I might take it now if it were my plant. That's enough amber for me, and I guess you know peak thc is all milky and no amber. So since I'm an up buzz and high thc guy, this first picture, if it were mine - I'd chop it. But if you want 30% amber so that you get a much more body adn indica-esque buzz from it, then no, to my eyes, like I said, that looks more like 10% amber to me.

You could count the actual individual trichomes in a picture, separating the white from the amber, and get an exact percentage for the trichs in that photo if you were truly insane. Might take a while....:rofl:
Idk I once ingested too much acid and counted the little black specs on the ceiling tiles all night. I too prefer the more cerebral buzz so I'm gonna give ph water and this final flush stuff tomorrow and then stick her in darkness sunday night

Idk I once ingested too much acid and counted the little black specs on the ceiling tiles all night. I too prefer the more cerebral buzz so I'm gonna give ph water and this final flush stuff tomorrow and then stick her in darkness sunday night
Congrats @Costanza :woohoo:
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill

Lol. Sounds like a plan man. Think you'll be happy with the result. Just to toss one more thing to confuse you out there, @InTheShed hipped me to the joy of the partial harvest. Ever since then, I use it when it seems warranted. That would be if my upper buds were significantly further along than the lower ones. No rule says the whole plant has to be taken at once. Duh, right? I never considered it and didn't get when people did it. So I always now check all over the plant and see if there's significant differences anywhere. Heh.

Lol. Sounds like a plan man. Think you'll be happy with the result. Just to toss one more thing to confuse you out there, @InTheShed hipped me to the joy of the partial harvest. Ever since then, I use it when it seems warranted. That would be if my upper buds were significantly further along than the lower ones. No rule says the whole plant has to be taken at once. Duh, right? I never considered it and didn't get when people did it. So I always now check all over the plant and see if there's significant differences anywhere. Heh.
I did hear that before and I checked the lower ones too and they're the same. Not sure how long to flush since I'm growing this one in promix. its basically just peat moss and perlite so 1 week should be fine I'm thinking. I know there are some that don't flush and I didn't on the last batch but I have this flawless finish stuff that I bought along with the other supplements in the line and reading up on it, it looks like it might do some good. Ever used any flushing agents?

I did hear that before and I checked the lower ones too and they're the same. Not sure how long to flush since I'm growing this one in promix. its basically just peat moss and perlite so 1 week should be fine I'm thinking. I know there are some that don't flush and I didn't on the last batch but I have this flawless finish stuff that I bought along with the other supplements in the line and reading up on it, it looks like it might do some good. Ever used any flushing agents?
I'm using Fox Farms Sledgehammer right now as my flushing agent on the coco tent. It's prescribed in their feed chart and even though I hadn't used it in the past I got everything on the chart this time, so I'm using it. I didn't flush any of my living soil (Sohum) plants or my GeoFlora nuted plants. The only exception to that was the one Dos Si Dos auto, who grew in Sohum but I added all kinds of experimental non-organic nutes at various times, so I flushed that one. But I didn't see the need to flush the organics, and all of them taste great.

I'm using Fox Farms Sledgehammer right now as my flushing agent on the coco tent. It's prescribed in their feed chart and even though I hadn't used it in the past I got everything on the chart this time, so I'm using it. I didn't flush any of my living soil (Sohum) plants or my GeoFlora nuted plants. The only exception to that was the one Dos Si Dos auto, who grew in Sohum but I added all kinds of experimental non-organic nutes at various times, so I flushed that one. But I didn't see the need to flush the organics, and all of them taste great.
I just actually gave my friend my bottle of sledgehammer along with the fox farms boomerang to try and save his plants that are looking sick. Wanted to use this stuff just because I used the advanced line and was following their schedule. I used both sledgehammer and the boomerang when my tall Maui was sick looking and it brought her right back to life

So what's everyone's opinion on the 48 hours darkness before harvesting? Legit or bullshit?
Good morning my friend @Costanza hope you are well my friend.
Led's degrade tric's.
After 12 hrs they are in rough shape.
When you turn out your lights they recover and swell.
It's a fact no B.S. Amigo. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

But you're going to hang them in the dark for a week, can't they recover then?
Going to sound a bit rude, but I've always been skeptical of this...
Hey @Regrowth how are you doing today my friend.
I was skeptical aswell.
Check your trics when you turn on your lights.
Then check the same spot after 12 hrs under your led.
There is a difference.
As soon as you chop and hang her the growing process ends.
Buds hanging in the dark don't grow any more.
So what you have when you chop is what you get, no more growth or swelling.
When you turn off the lights she is in her pot still growing.
She will swell those trics as much as she can.
One last ditch effort to get pollinated before you chop.
But I chopped wit the lights on for years and nobody ever complained. ;)
Do what soots you best my friend. :thumb:
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

I read a ridiculously long article this morning on it and watched some bruce bugbee video on it earlier and it makes sense I just saw others call it bro science and say it was useless and figured I would ask what you guys thought. I'm still flushing her right now, I flushed on Friday and again this morning and I'm getting a runoff of 450 so I'm gonna flush once more on thursday and then sat and sun night I'm gonna put her in darkness for the weekend

Back
Top Bottom