Three Strains, First Grow: Maui Wowie, LA Confidential & NYC Diesel

I mentioned to my hydroponic expert friend in here that you grow in soil and he isn't so versed in soil so he mentioned to me that--

"Bobrown and Van Stank are his go to guys in soil"!

You might ask them if you have questions involving your current grow.

If you want to try another easy kind of hydroponics, you can look into cocoa choir as a grow medium

Are each of these points in the pic main colas? I think there’s 8. I can’t remember how many times I cut, maybe 3...
I dont know if it is the main colas, but they should all produce colas for sure. I got a few that I am training. Do you know how long your going to let them go in veg? I am thinking of taking mine to about 1 1/2 foot before flipping... maybe 2 feet..

I dont know if it is the main colas, but they should all produce colas for sure. I got a few that I am training. Do you know how long your going to let them go in veg? I am thinking of taking mine to about 1 1/2 foot before flipping... maybe 2 feet..
I’m probably going to let the one finish first so probably another month? You think that’s to long. They started in End of June.

I read, to flower them when they are about half the size you want So maybe another foot of growth. But they are staying like bushes. I’m not getting much height on them so idk.

I mentioned to my hydroponic expert friend in here that you grow in soil and he isn't so versed in soil so he mentioned to me that--

"Bobrown and Van Stank are his go to guys in soil"!

You might ask them if you have questions involving your current grow.

If you want to try another easy kind of hydroponics, you can look into cocoa choir as a grow medium
Awesome thank you!

I’m probably going to let the one finish first so probably another month? You think that’s to long. They started in End of June.

I read, to flower them when they are about half the size you want So maybe another foot of growth. But they are staying like bushes. I’m not getting much height on them so idk.

I think you'll definately recognize them when they're done! Just be patient. Typically autoflower will take from 8 to 13 weeks

I think you'll definately recognize them when they're done! Just be patient. Typically autoflower will take from 8 to 13 weeks
My other 2 “mopey, and first Time” those are supposed to be photo periods. (Hell they all are I thought! Lol)
I have tried my best to get the seed cultivator to tell me if these are all supposed to be photo or auto, or are they mixed or whatever.
And good luck getting any answers on their grow forum... I Love Growing Marijuana too! Can I get some help? (<said I)

then I talked to myself and read for a couple days, then I gave up and that led me to this forum. Lol

Thanks Ware! Your the man. An old, wise one. I’m going call you YodaWare...

I hope I can identify them when they finish. That would be cool. I’ll never plant seeds again without noting the strain.

I did make a little change since last pics.

I used this extra shower wall material, (it’s really flexible.) I used spray adhesive for the tin foil to stick. I drilled holes in it and will use it like that for LST. It also directs more light deeper into canopy. (In theory- because the diffusion of light on the reflective material.)
I noticed that the top of my tall plant “squirt” was growing toward the tent foil side... but when he got about 3” away he bent and his top followed that foil surface perfectly parallel. So my thought is- let’s add more reflective surface, closer to the plant growth. use that for LST.

meh, I don’t know if it’ll help. But it was fun thinking about it and how it may be beneficial.

Attachments

• 9C11E4B1-00CA-4BDA-8CB9-6CE83E49A12F.jpeg
    9C11E4B1-00CA-4BDA-8CB9-6CE83E49A12F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Hey @KrunckleSam, it's my first run but you said you could use some input when you stopped by my journal.
Looks like you removed the skewers, the 2 small plants looks full and the tallest one is there looking green. Whats going on?

Hey @KrunckleSam, it's my first run but you said you could use some input when you stopped by my journal.
Looks like you removed the skewers, the 2 small plants looks full and the tallest one is there looking green. Whats going on?
I still have some skewers in them. But mainly to open the canopy. Rather than support. I’m trying to train them open out and around that cone. Almost the way you had that monster trellised.

I thought these were all photo strains but the tall one auto flowered... idk!? Lol

I’d like to know if those short ones are normal? They are bushes but I’d like to see them start reaching a little, to make this training idea work.
These all 3 started like June 28th. I had a couple issues that stunned growth, but I’m not getting much upward growth...

I went ahead and fimmed the short ones. This is the tall growth. And my mystery seed I’m starting.

Attachments

• 0703C734-AF19-4D28-88EB-E2DE93C568F0.jpeg
    0703C734-AF19-4D28-88EB-E2DE93C568F0.jpeg
    737.3 KB · Views: 36
  • F2477792-14BF-4F93-9189-14E09B8D6360.jpeg
    F2477792-14BF-4F93-9189-14E09B8D6360.jpeg
    871.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 1FADADAC-0EFB-4A06-A7B3-D52CB32D9B6F.jpeg
    1FADADAC-0EFB-4A06-A7B3-D52CB32D9B6F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 2ABE6A3B-282A-45EA-BABF-F511BBD39CD3.jpeg
    2ABE6A3B-282A-45EA-BABF-F511BBD39CD3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 5CB98F4E-325F-45E5-A5EC-D46D38CA8DB8.jpeg
    5CB98F4E-325F-45E5-A5EC-D46D38CA8DB8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • CD835F03-11A6-407D-8F91-149F1A37BEFD.jpeg
    CD835F03-11A6-407D-8F91-149F1A37BEFD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • 4789314D-D706-446A-84A8-6837BECD56E9.jpeg
    4789314D-D706-446A-84A8-6837BECD56E9.jpeg
    854.6 KB · Views: 39
That foil trick is a good example of maguiverig. Instead of Foil, you can get mylar survival blankets for about 5$ and I used removable, double sided carpet tape. I tried alum-foil on the walls of my closet at first too. I found the mylar and switched.

If you see any sign of flowering only after a month or so, I would bet that it's an auto.

I have grown 4 autoflower and 4 or so photos in 2 years and it's turning out to be the best hobby I ever tried.

What nutrients are you feeding them? What state are you in? You don't have to publish your info here! You can send me a PM BY just clicking the "start a conversation" button...

I think This picture of yours is an auto for sure

1600713798481.png

They all look green and content. I have a few questions:

The three names in the title of your journal are the 3 plants strains are? 3 plus 1 new seedling, right?​
That fimming pic is old, or from back when you fimmed not from the last few days?​
Did it say anywhere if they were autos, I'm not sure that you're sure...​
What is your lighting situation, do they stay in the same tent and have they all along? How long are they getting light?​
And what nutrients are you using...​
I am growing outdoors but your plants are what, 11 weeks from seed indoors. Mine really started to go bananas around that time and they are not autos.

I have grown 4 autoflower and 4 or so photos in 2 years and it's turning out to be the best hobby I ever tried.

What nutrients are you feeding them? What state are you in? You don't have to publish your info here! You can send me a PM BY just clicking the "start a conversation" button...

I think This picture of yours is an auto for sure

1600713798481.png
Yeah, it would actually be nice if it is. Because I have 4 more seeds of whatever strain it ends up being. Then I can run auto’s next to my photos. Keep a more consistent supply.

I use fox farm-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 28

The three names in the title of your journal are the 3 plants strains are? 3 plus 1 new seedling, right?​
That fimming pic is old, or from back when you fimmed not from the last few days?​
What is your lighting situation, do they stay in the same tent and have they all along? How long are they getting light?​
I am growing outdoors but your plants are what, 11 weeks from seed indoors. Mine really started to go bananas around that time and they are not autos.
That’s the strains. I just didn’t make a note when I popped the 3 seeds. Yeah and one mystery. Really just for fun.

The fim was today. I fimmed there because I kindve want a main stem/top to train? Is that stupid? I may have gotten too excited.

fox farm nutrients. The trio.

oh, ok. Yeah I’m around 11 weeks. I did 4 fimms per short plant (couple weeks apart)And I topped “squirt” the tall one 3 times. Over the 11 weeks.

squirt has grown up, and the other 2 have grown out... is that fimm vs. top or plant genetics? I wonder.

Oh lighting. I’m running 1- 1000LED and 1-600LED. I have them angled to take advantage of the light I’m trying to train the plants to maximize the lights. They cost about $15 a month to run. I want to be cheap! Lol

That foil trick is a good example of maguiverig. Instead of Foil, you can get mylar survival blankets for about 5$ and I used removable, double sided carpet tape. I tried alum-foil on the walls of my closet at first too. I found the mylar and switched.

If you see any sign of flowering only after a month or so, I would bet that it's an auto.
Nice idea!

Yeah, it would actually be nice if it is. Because I have 4 more seeds of whatever strain it ends up being. Then I can run auto’s next to my photos. Keep a more consistent supply.

I use fox farm-

One thing you should avoid is overcrowding your space. Unless you're experienced at training (which I'm not), keep about 1 photoperiod plant per 1.5 or 2 square feet. You need room for the stretch And spread.

I like to let plants go A-natural, until mid veg, Then I consider when and how to train.

I've been known to tie a rope around plants that spread too much.

That’s the strains.
Sativa, Indica and a hybrid after a quick search. Making them all unique.

The fim was today. I fimmed there because I kindve want a main stem/top to train? Is that stupid? I may have gotten too excited.
I maybe wouldn't have, but you may have timed it right before the stretch...

fox farm nutrients. The trio.
Good stuff, right? Are you following their recommendations?

squirt has grown up, and the other 2 have grown out... is that fimm vs. top or plant genetics? I wonder.
Did you top squirt? If it is untouched it could be the genetics or strain or something entirely different, I wonder too.

Oh lighting. I’m running 1- 1000LED and 1-600LED. I have them angled to take advantage of the light I’m trying to train the plants to maximize the lights. They cost about $15 a month to run. I want to be cheap! Lol
This is where I can't offer anything, I have tried to stay focused outdoors. I have read there are many lights with high numbers but they read differently from the outlet or something. If you did not research your lights before you bought them do some now, they may be the best..over my head here

The two bushier plants look like they are happily getting light to all their sites. If sprout was mine, I would reread the two IntheShed tutorials in my signature. I know that there is a warning about autoflowers and lst. I corrected most of my first half assed errors finding those tutorials, my jounal shows where I rerigged my crop with the main cola below other growth - turns out that is the point. :rolleyes: Read them, seriously, they're pic heavy and awesome!

Back
Top Bottom