Late Entry Critical Kush

IKilledIt

This is my grow journal for this particular strain.

Lights- 2 Mars Hydro TSW 2000
Canagrow Digital timer.
FFHF 40% FFOF 60%+perlite
5 gallon self watering pots.
Bootleg Seeds ( Bagseed)
Planted 8 seeds all 8 germinated.
Critical Kush
Advanced Ph’d nutes Grow Micro Bloom

Planted seeds in soil Oct 25. Soil was Miracle Grow basic potting soil. Seedlings were in 1 liter pots.

Nov 1 plants sprouted. Everything looks good. Sorry no pics I deleted them accidentally.

Nov 20 I transplanted into 5 gallon pots. Plants were 16” tall. I made a huge error on my part. I accidentally grabbed Miracle grow in ground soil with 6 month feed. Failed to put perlite in mix. Nov 26 Plants started showing all kinds of deficiencies. They were still growing.
6A078618-8E9C-4059-AD1A-B11FF464BF51.jpeg
A68C9EF1-65AB-4DAA-A03A-C91BF9AC4AF9.jpeg
05EFC30F-7526-400E-89A0-093C5B60626C.jpeg

My Ph was way to Alkaline causing lockout plus over nutes as well as overwatering. Got advice on what to do and what the issue may be.

I decided to go ahead and pull them out of the Miracle Grow soil since I had just transplanted them. (As mentioned above). The soil was soaked due to lack of drainage and lack of perlite. Soil had clogged the drains almost completely. So the time released nutes were frying them.

After some additional advice I went before hand and picked up 4 big bags of FFHF and the same in FFOF. Dumped all the miracle grow in our garden. Did FFHF 40%- FFOF 60% added perlite. Got them replanted.

After a few days things weren’t looking better so I was unsure what to do. Problem was I failed to wash out the root ball. So I pulled them up once again and did the root wash. Got them back in the soil. Never had any type of shock Thur both transplants or root wash. Plants still growing. But noticed a few were stunted.

C257F219-9B61-4536-8117-D6D1D77DCABD.jpeg

79F301E7-0320-4CFC-AEF1-EE51AE3B8872.jpeg
94BB60EC-2BE1-4272-AE6C-925D550F9F2C.jpeg

Dec 1 plants are looking better. Haven’t feed since the last transplant. Letting them feed off the soil. I’m watering every 2 days. Plants are growing like a weed.

Dec 10 noticed some deficiencies again. Nothing major. Plants look to be getting hungry. Got some advice on when I needed to start feeding these ladies because I wanted to go ahead and flip them. Them seemed to be in good health.

So flipped them Dec 12 and scrog netted them at 32”. Started full feed with Advanced Nutes Grow,Micro Bloom.

A79126B5-49E7-4140-9276-28ADBF8C1AAC.jpeg

171783D5-9EC9-40A7-B660-70FD76239957.jpeg

Plants healed up nicely. They were on the lime colored side. But all in all I’m glad I was able to save them after all the issues I was having. They never really seemed to stop growing. Even the stunted ones came back with a vengeance. Thanx for reading.

639A770E-18F4-40BB-9565-502441100CBF.jpeg

3BA91493-C90A-4BAD-BC72-BCBB6A1938C5.jpeg

Dec 16 started seeing some major stretch. Also noticed 3 males and pulled them. Now I have 5 females growing like crazy.

Dec 20 plants are 48”.
2C145279-6A70-4519-AE1E-9CC15C6E0C62.jpeg

Feeding Full strength every 2 days and they are doing awesome. Their taking a gallon of water easy. No signs of deficiencies or stress.

Dec 24 Plants are pushing 6’. Almost doubled in height since flipped.

AB43F8AD-69F9-4EB5-B15B-DDDED5A52830.jpeg

BD20CE07-11B9-4C40-9811-71FDE8A49F71.jpeg
BF710719-FE3C-437D-BC9C-6DAFAA35C081.jpeg

Thanx for reading.

049B7E5E-551D-4A57-905E-B40DE0634475.jpeg

How much do you feed your per gallon? Do you go with the full recommended 16ml per gal of the Micro, Grow, and Bloom? I started mine really low at only 5ml per gallon of each and then upped it to 8ml but I am also giving 5 of the AN flower supplements and I was afraid I was gonna overdo it so I stayed at 8ml per Gal. Also do you feed with every watering? I was feeding every other watering before and switched to every watering and it seems to have helped a lot.

How much do you feed your per gallon? Do you go with the full recommended 16ml per gal of the Micro, Grow, and Bloom? I started mine really low at only 5ml per gallon of each and then upped it to 8ml but I am also giving 5 of the AN flower supplements and I was afraid I was gonna overdo it so I stayed at 8ml per Gal. Also do you feed with every watering? I was feeding every other watering before and switched to every watering and it seems to have helped a lot.

Yes I go with the recommended feeding. Plus I add 1/4 cup of molasses to 5 gallon to feed the microbes and stuff. And I feed ever water. I don’t skip feeding. I read you can feed 3 times then skip a feed with pH’d water. I also water to 10 to 15% runoff to wash out old nutes and replace with fresh. I really hate flushing because you wash out the microbes, fungi and enzymes. Plus it burns the tips like overwatering. I topped dressed with FFOF right at flip also. And worm castings. I’ve read here on the site that some push the most nutes possible. Most strains do ok at 1000 to 1200 ppm’s in mid to late flower some can take 2500 and not burn a tip.

I also found I get more water waste when I soak the edge of the pots. So what i do is take my fingers and rake all the loss soil to the edge and build like a berm. Then I slowly pour 2 liters of my water feed directly on the root ball. Then I move the soil back and pour the other 2 liters over the entire top.

21 days in flower. So far So good. Budz are filling out and getting huge. I did skip a feed and did PH’d water only. Also noticed I may need to water every 3 days. Just to let the soil dry a bit more. Gonna make sure the weight is right with the pots. Thanx for reading.
639F4BC1-F46A-469F-867E-EE44209FD7DF.jpeg
89FFA8C3-7F21-492D-B9ED-7702DE2902EA.jpeg
26001A13-A582-4138-B1E9-F0117DAA62A3.jpeg
35E5CC57-8893-4A57-A4BB-73376D19833D.jpeg

Plants are tall. Hard to get good pics lol.
C0CC9ADE-C4EA-48AF-8565-3A85D26A4A7B.jpeg
446BE473-712D-424D-85B9-F3FD817B2BB2.jpeg
5CE6E3A6-44A9-4D3F-824F-EDB6C26DCB0E.jpeg
Sorry I'm late @IKilledIt spectacular garden, party hat city in there.
Room for me on the bus :popcorn:
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Sorry I'm late @IKilledIt spectacular garden, party hat city in there.
Room for me on the bus :popcorn:
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Glad you could make it my friend. All are welcome. And I’m doing very well. How are you my friend? And Thank you again. I’m very pleased with my little garden of Eden lol. Had to get me a small ladder to see the tops of theses ladies. Again Thanx for dropping in and I’ll see ya soon.

Glad you could make it my friend. All are welcome. And I’m doing very well. How are you my friend? And Thank you again. I’m very pleased with my little garden of Eden lol. Had to get me a small ladder to see the tops of theses ladies. Again Thanx for dropping in and I’ll see ya soon.
I'm good thank you.
Instead of a ladder have you ever thought about lst.
You could bend the the top colas over horizontal and drop the lights.
The extra light will help the rest of your colas.
Just a thought, it won't look as beautiful but it will improve your harvest. :Namaste:
Great garden. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

I'm good thank you.
Instead of a ladder have you ever thought about lst.
You could bend the the top colas over horizontal and drop the lights.
The extra light will help the rest of your colas.
Just a thought, it won't look as beautiful but it will improve your harvest. :Namaste:
Great garden. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Yes I have thought about it. I’m afraid to because the colas aren’t very flexible and I’m afraid it may break. The tallest cola is 8” from the light now. I’m out of headroom. Definitely should have lst from the beginning. I’m paying for it now. Never anticipated they would grow this tall. What I may do tomorrow is pull the scrog off. Then get low on the main stems and pull one way with twine and then the opposite half way up. Maybe I can drop the height some. Definitely leaned a lesson here lol, lst even with 8’ ceilings. Thanx for the advice. I greatly appreciate it.

Yes I have thought about it. I’m afraid to because the colas aren’t very flexible and I’m afraid it may break. The tallest cola is 8” from the light now. I’m out of headroom. Definitely should have lst from the beginning. I’m paying for it now. Never anticipated they would grow this tall. What I may do tomorrow is pull the scrog off. Then get low on the main stems and pull one way with twine and then the opposite half way up. Maybe I can drop the height some. Definitely leaned a lesson here lol, lst even with 8’ ceilings. Thanx for the advice. I greatly appreciate it.
Well you are not alone because I am having a similar issue. I bought these little plastic lst clips that I used on 2 of mine but the other 2 the colas were just too thick and I ended up breaking one of them

Keep track of everything you do so you know for next time.
And do what you feel comfortable with.
It's just a suggestion I don't want you to feel obligated. :Namaste:
Keep up the really nice work.

Stay safe
Bill

Well you are not alone because I am having a similar issue. I bought these little plastic lst clips that I used on 2 of mine but the other 2 the colas were just too thick and I ended up breaking one of them
Oh the webs we weave lol. Did you repair it ?Hope isn’t salvageable.

Back
Top Bottom