CFL buds

Can anyone tell me where to get a 2 or 3 way splitter for a decent price? Thank you, happy growing.:peace:

Ace is the place or try HD or Lowes. The price will range from $2-$4 no more than that though. Also you might want to consider a socket to plug adapter it's simply one end is a plug you can plug into a power strip and the other end you screw the bulb into it. They are farely cheap $2 and with a dual powerstrip you can fit many on it to match your lumens/plant ratio.

I have no problem with cfl's very little heat issue ,1 small fan in each area,,
mar_29_009.JPG
april_8th_004.JPG
I use 300's 6500K for veg and 250's 2700K for flower

you can also make a very effective reflector for the larger bulbs for almost no $$$
june_18th_005.JPG
june_18th_006.JPG
june_18th_008.JPG
this pis has a 17=60watt in it,,you can feel the warmth from 2 feet ..bigger bulb is like the sun..:yummy:

Zensation_8wks.jpg
Zensation.jpg
carnival_8wks.jpg
Zen_2.jpg
Bud156.jpg

There's a few pics of what i'm hopefully fixn to chop real soon.
I started them with T-5 6500 for veg. Then switched to a mixture of 6500 and 2700 for flower
liking those buds mate.. What was your total dry yield??

I hope my buds look half as nice as the ones i keep seeing. I cannot wait to start my grow, glad I can come here for all my info. I am growing with CFL as well, but in a PC Stealth Box due to I need to keep it hidden quite well.

Hi NICK:)
Good to see you have started a great thread here on the capabilities of CFL growing. Even the Humble Hi-output household bulbs i use for $8 each, are great!!!
I have vegged most of my indoor plants with cfl's, and as you demonstrated - Making good reflectoers with cheap household items:):) AWSUMNENESS!! I LIKE DIY STUFF... But even checking prices for a Hydroponic styled grow CFL light and ballast are cheap as chips and even if you dont intend on using it for your whole grow, IMO are a great thing to have handy!
Im going to be buying one myself very soon in fact!! Im not sure if ill keep using Cfl for flower, but I HAVE SEEN MANY good grows with them.. And i will support the Vegging of them at least fully at this stage, until i have my own personal results..Ususally ill see nice, green, healthy bushy plants vegged with CFl lighting, some had LED also but just on Cfl they respond well.
Twin light socket extensions are great, as you get 2 of them and having 2x 6500K's and 2 x 2500k's above say 1 plant gives the plant basically both spectrums and the plant should show nice results. JUST AS YOU HAVE SHOWN!:):)
In regards to yield, id be interested to know the dry weight of your plant(s) buds, and amount of plants grown to achieve this.
I grow in soil, usually in a 25-30L pot, after a couple weeks of Veg with Cfl, i use a 400w MH then the 400w HPS for flower.
Most plants reach minimum of 5ft tall, and all ( except maybe this grow ) give me over 8 0z dry each... This current had probs, also, it was a first LST attempt and she got big real quick and crowded herself! So i think i may get a bit less this time..
Anyway great job on the buds and plants youve grown, They look healthy as and like theyd be a great smoke..
It WILL CERTAINLY make a few people think about the Pro's of CFL growing:) !!!
Take it easy and good work.. Later mate, Smokemup;)

I have 6 150 watt equivalent 2,700k and 6 300 watt equivalent 6,500k bulbs for a 7 square foot box with 6 plants. Would this bee enough for flowering?

I've used cfls thru veg and flower for my jack herer my flowers did shrink in size by more than half after dried but they were extremly dense and packed with trichs! :thumb: buds wernt small they were decent size altho i only harvested 17gs when dry but i think thats due to the fact that i only vegged for about 7 days after sprout and also harvested a week earlier due to certain reasons at the time but yeah genetics would have a lot to do with it I also used molasses which by far helped in fattening and sweetening them up to their potential with cfls ...I'd rather use a hps with cfls for density and trich production but either way I'm not one to doubt cfls lol I kno they got sum magic to em if their used right

Here's a few pics of my CFL Buds and some of my second grow. I use T5 Ho bulbs. 4' fixture with 6 bulbs. I use both spectrums in the fixture. In my flower room I have a 4' 8 bulb T5 HO Fixture with two 4' 2 bulb T8 for lower lighting. I love the CFLs....minimal heat. I also use CO2 air injection.
20120917_190642.jpg

Northern Lights Bud under CFL
20120917_191545.jpg

20120910_212415.jpg

20120910_212455.jpg

Juicy Fruit under CFLs
20121009_163645.jpg

My new grow White Rhino, PPP and Super Skunk

Gonna throw some science stuff in here because that's what Cave Johnson would do...

Anyways, fluorescent phosphors are fluorescent phosphors. Doesn't matter if it's a T5, or T8, or a fatty T12 or a CFL. Doesn't matter.....almost identical spectrum per kelvin temp and CRI category.

There are two types of CFL's; spiral, and linear. The spiral ones are the most common ones referred to as CFL while the linear dudes are most often used for commercial applications.

The biggest problem with spiral CFLs (besides the cheap ballast that often catches on fire when it gets hot ) is because of the spiral shape a significant part of the light emitted hits the inside of the spiral and is wasted. That's why the things have problems getting above 50lumens per watt or so. So, it's not a matter of them being able to grow stuff, but how many more do you need to keep up with T5 H0, which you can find 4x48" for less than $100 now. The T5 rig is going to throw about 30% more light per watt out the front -vs- just wasting it. Plus, the better ballasts are going to rapidly increase the lifespan of the bulbs.

However, one thing you can do with a big nasty CFL is you can hang it on the end of a drop extension cord like some of the pics above and use it for excellent distribution on the sides or between plants. This is expensive to do with T5, but fills in nicely with CFL. Save the tin foil for our helmets.

I Just have a couple questions. I have 3 plants grwoing right now that are females and I have 2 65W bulbs and one 55W bulb. The plants are about 2 and a half weeks into flowering. My concern here is that the two 65's are 'Soft White' and the 55W bulb is a 'Cool White'. How will this affect my grow and is that enough wattage (185W) for three plants?
Oh, and they do look very good right now and seem to be on the right track. Very strong stems and great leaves. The area is well ventilated.

Back
Top Bottom