CFL Indoor Grow 1 Plant

According to burton1291:
i think it might be nute burn, ive used no nutes on my plants so far and mine are about 9 days in soil and theyre probably 3x the size of yours (no offense). in my opinion just lay off the nutes for a week or 2 and water with spring/purified water only. and it should shoot up.

What he said! It looks like nute burn. You can get it from overfertilization or from nutrient solution splashing on the leaves. I've often noticed that a small part of the leaf on new plants will turn brown. It usually doesn't spread and may be due to fast growth or something. As long as it doesn't spread, you're OK. The remaining part of the leaf will work just fine.

As far as wind damage, no way! You'd need a gale-force wind to damage the leaves on a pot plant. A strong wind might blow a plant over, but leaves, unlike humans, don't get "wind burn."

Bottled water, mineral water, and tap water (you should let it stand in an open container like a juice jug for at least 24 hours) are all fine to use to water your gals. I'd avoid any mineral water with too high a mineral content as you don't want to cause mineral lockout problems.

Have you picked up CalMag yet? If you don't use it, you'll likely end up with a calcium deficiency. I don't think there is one yet. Seeds carry all the nutrients (including calcium) that they need for the first 2 - 3 weeks of life. After that is where you take over.

Since you've already fertilized this plant, I would definitely use just water (with CalMag!) for the next few days and see how things go. It's a good idea to use a 1/4 - 1/2 strength solution of nutrients the first time you fertilize a seedling to see how it reacts before moving up to full-strength.

Yea ggrant I picked it up general hydro's CALiMAGic unfortunately I was in a rush and used pretty much full strength. Gonna check on them it about 45 min and post a pic if the plant is looking better. Worst part about the timing of the problem is the weekends I can only check on the plants once a day so hopefully it pulls through. and as for the pictures I can get them into my gallery fine just can't make them any larger so I'm gonna stick to photobucket

hey Rupe, I'm not 100% on this but I don't think they allow or approve off site image links. The gallery seems fairly easy for me to use. Are you uploading them from a camera or from another source? You are losing your resolution somewhere. Do you have any image software like photoshop or gimp? I'm sure there are others that will allow you to resize.

Good luck with your seedling, hope you can bring her around!

Shadow I'm using only my phone camera which takes great photos for me but then I have to use an app to upload them to photobucket and then transfer them over here and it takes the quality down but that's how I'm gonna do it for now. wouldn't surprise me if they would prefer us to use the gallery but I'm gonna keep doing it this way til an administrator says I should switch.

As for the plant it's looking much better then it did 6 hours ago the CALMAG must be helping. as for posting another pic there would be little point because of how small the change would look in the photo but will get another pic up tomorrow or the next night and I think by then the second set of textures leafs will be showing alot more.

Shadow I'm using only my phone camera which takes great photos for me but then I have to use an app to upload them to photobucket and then transfer them over here and it takes the quality down but that's how I'm gonna do it for now. wouldn't surprise me if they would prefer us to use the gallery but I'm gonna keep doing it this way til an administrator says I should switch.

As for the plant it's looking much better then it did 6 hours ago the CALMAG must be helping. as for posting another pic there would be little point because of how small the change would look in the photo but will get another pic up tomorrow or the next night and I think by then the second set of textures leafs will be showing alot more.

you should do it soon though cuz they will delete all your posts with photobucket links

word of advice

good luck on the grow ill be tunning in :welcome:

Yea ggrant I picked it up general hydro's CALiMAGic unfortunately I was in a rush and used pretty much full strength.

Yikes, normally it's used 1 tsp/gal! Keep an eye on them. I have no idea what full-strength will do. If they react badly, either flush or water them with a fair bit of water.

Looking forward to the pictures. Have you tried right clicking and saving them from PhotoBucket to your PC and then uploading them here?

no not full strength that would be crazy. I just didn't dilute the 1 tspn per gal of CALMAG down to about 50 percent like I had done with my nutrients to start off and find out how they react. But I think the CALMAG was exactly what the plant needed looked in every way better with the CALMAG in it's system for 12 hours then it did before. the photos will tell the story better I'll make sure to get one up late tonight(2or3am) and I think every person using coca will have CALMAG from now on, and it's cheap compared to nutes

I just didn't dilute the 1 tspn per gal of CALMAG down to about 50 percent like I had done with my nutrients to start off and find out how they react

That's what you meant by full-strength! I'd stay with full-strength. You need to have this much CalMag in all the water you use, not just when you fertilize.

I've treated my coco with Dolomite Lime, but I picked up some CalMag the other day, just to be safe. I can't imagine the Dolomite Lime is going to last forever.

Rupert, I've been dying with curiousity about the photos of the nutrient deficiencies I attached to one of my previous posts. Can you give me your opinion if any of them match your plant's symptons? This will help me to diagnose problems for other growers.

yea grant can't seem to find those post u added beside ur grow journal which only problems I saw were in your clones on page 4 which I can't address because I have never had plants that size or clones. but on page 1 some of ur seedlings looked similar to how my plant was doing the other morning not as bad as mine though just the first textured leaves curling a bit close to the stem and I think that was more of a sign it needed some CALMAG more than a nute burn in mine but we will see haven't check in on my plants today going to be able to in about an hour or two and i will post a pic of the change hopefully it's alot different. also you said a seedling has about 2 to 3 weeks of calcium in it and I'm right in that area now so I think the key for me was the CALMAG more than worrying about the nute burn.

Hey Rupe,

Sorry to make you troll through my journal. I had two journals open that I was replying to at the same time. I wanted to copy something from yours into another grower's. You are both using coco coir and both have calcium deficiency problems.

I had posted some pictures of typical calcium deficiencies and pH fluctuations to his journal and I was asking him if these pictures matched his problems.

But I posted the message to your journal by mistake.

Sorry, my bad!

I'm going to plead senility on this one.

.​

no problem man I actually did see that post and may have commented on the same thread and it was the reason I thought my plant had a lack of calcium.

after adding the CALMAG I think I can safely say that my plant is a graduate of seedling prep and is on her way to an undergraduate at veg state and in no time a doctoral candidate of bloomology. here's the photo of my plant 36 hours or so after adding CALiMAGic

5BCD28C4.jpg

don't know if you can tell but the leafs are pointing up alot more than I've seen in other photos does that mean anything

ya it looks like its waking up :) imma be in on this one with you...my kids are only 3 days ahead of yours and its my v card too

Rupert,

It's hard to tell if the leaves curling up mean anything at this stage.

Leaves curling up is usually a sign of overwatering OR a magnesium deficiency.

It's very hard to overwater using Coco. As you are already using CalMag, if it is a magnesium deficiency, it will clear up soon. Magnesium deficiencies are annoying, but not as bad as having a calcium deficiency.

By the way, I took your photo from PhotoBucket, right clicked on it and saved in on my computer. Then I uploaded it. This seems to work!

Try It Yourself!

RupeTest.jpg

.​

Ggrant thanks for posting that pic I'm defiantly gonna use my houses laptop to do it that way from now on. I'm just trying to keep it as low key as I can because the main predators to this plants life call this type of plant "dope" and would throw it out without a second thought.

As for overwatering I would say that's a good possibility, because of my calcium deficient plant I have been watering double my normal amount of about 5 oz a day. I am gonna get back to it's normal cycle now because of how healthy it's looking.

And cypher its always nice to get another person tuning in see ya around

I have been using CALMAG since I pick it up. but the day before I went out and got it when my plant wasn't looking to healthy I gave more water than normal and on Friday when I did pick the CALMAG up I had already given the plant it's regular dose of water but decided to use the CALMAG which did help but it's still a good amount of water for a small plant. Anyway it's back on track now and I think this next week I'm gonna see alot of growth.

Ggrant would u water every time with CALMAG at this stage or maybe just every other watering? don't want to use to much, it's always easier to add more than take out

Ggrant would u water every time with CALMAG at this stage or maybe just every other watering? don't want to use to much, it's always easier to add more than take out

You should use the CalMag every time. It's just a mixture of calcium and magnesium salts. Are you worried about an adverse reaction? What's the worst that could happen? Calcium and magnesium toxicity is very rare.

I guess if you find after a week or so that the plants are completely healthy, you could cut back, but all the recommendations I've seen say to use it every time.

Back
Top Bottom