CFL Indoor Grow 1 Plant

Hey Rupert,

Is there any way to get larger pictures? It's hard to tell what's going on sometimes.

The edges of your leaves are stressed. This is a sign of heat stress or overfetilization. Considering all the lamps you have, I think it's heat stress. Back off some of the lamps or let in more ventilation and the roblem will resolve itself.

And learn how to insert pictures using 420's upload feature. That way they're right in your post.

Yea man certainly think my temps were too high right when I added the new lamps but since I added the new fan and stopped caring as much about light getting out temps are going down and staying right around 75 which is were they where when I had the 4 lights going

I could probably take out 4 lights and still be fine because the 10 1/2 globe blocks most of the other lights from getting to the plant but its not bad practice on controlling temps so if any of these bag seeds end up germinating I can keep the same amount of lights going and have no temp problems.

Germinating seeds are a maybe because I stupidly put them in under lights forgetting that your suppose to keep them in a dark warm space not a light warm space but we will see in 2 or 3 days if they crack

Also I'm going to stay with the CFLs until I can afford a LED light not cheap but I think it will pay off with not having to have a vent system or change a lightbulb for 5 years
thinking about a pro 357 magnum low watt they are 6 or 7 hundred anyone know of better brands than magnum?

:theband::theband::theband::theband::theband::thanks::thanks:
Sounds like you have everything you need to get going. Once you figure out how to upload pictures, people will drop by.

I just started usiing coco and it doesn't driy out that fast. Some growers put these weird-looking orange balls (I have not idea what they are or where to get them) and others add a layer of perlite on top. I have two sized pots, a small one for medium-sized plants and larger ones for flowering.

I filled both pots three days ago (I actually soaked them completely) and haven't had to water them yet. If, like most growers, you keep an eye on your plants, you'll have plenty of notice when they need to be watered again.

As you really can't overwater coco, I would suggest that whenever you water your plant, don't put in a little water, but soak the pot enough so that there is runoff coming out the bottom.

Alright everyone that has been watching this is gonna be my last post until I can get my own camera/ computer so I can post pictures the right way for two reasons first reason don't want to piss the admins off cause rupertthedank will be back and two I have been reading about how people that make apps are just using them to collect data and current locations on pictures

quick over view of what I would have done differently first thing I would of done right from the start is to have a fan blow clean air from outside my grow box to the inside but also have a fan inside can't say for sure but it helps the stems strength.

after that I would say that 2 23 watt 6500k CFLs with a proper reflector do the job just fine for the early veg state of 1 plant often times I have read u needed to have 100 watts per plant but for the first timer that can give u temp problems.

Nutrients only thing to say about them "to each his own"

for your grow box especially stealth type grows make sure that it's easy to get to and move things around from the beginning because once u get started it gets much more difficult to change your setup

for reflective materials I would go with white paint whatever the correct type is havent looked to much into it but once it is done I would bet that it's easier

And I have two new plants that I am gonna be experimenting on like
I'm Shiro Ishii unfortunately I can't get the pic posted but simply put they look like every other 5 day old plants 1 in coca 1 in soil just the start of there testing. first test was to water with coca cola on the one in soil which looks the same as the one in coca after the test

and if I do get my first plant to harvest whether or not I have gotten the camera I will post some pics

Good luck fellow growers

awww, sad to see you go, but once you get your own computer get your ass back here. :)
:goodluck:

bfree said:

Dude, you're like a starving man who doesn't realize there is a free all-day buffet right around the corner!

Most of what you need is right here. Start browsing this site. Why do you think they call the tools we use to read these messages:

Browsers

.​

It is important that I get my first grow correct, as I actually have a Neurological problem and need a small amount monthly for my medical condition.

I am trying to decide on which method for ease, (Hydroponic or in soil).

Thanks for the link. I am reading it as soon as I post this.

Thanks again.

Bill

bfree said:
I am trying to decide on which method for ease, (Hydroponic or in soil).

Soil is very easy medium to grow in. I would recommend it for a new grower. It requires little equipment and is easier to monitor than a hydroponics setup.

If you decide to go with soil, DO NOT use use any "potting soil" like MiracleGro or soils that have nutrients in them. All the awful soil grows on this site are from using the incorrect soil.

The most important things for growing are:
1) Good soil,
2) Proper lighting,
3) Good nutrients.

Good soil is the most important. Without it, the most elaborate lighting and most expensive nutrients will not give you a decent grow.

Some of the nutrient makers (Canna and Fox Farms, I think) sell a soil that is suitable for growing marijuana. Two of the more popular soils are sold in bulk. They come in bale sizes, so you need a bit of storage space.

They are Spring Mix #4 and ProMix. A good marijuana soil will have lots of spaghnum peat moss. This is a spring-y material that keeps the soil loose and from compacting. "Potting soils" are for houseplants. Houseplants have thick roots that can burrow through potting soil. Marijuana has slender roots that are good to grow along a surface or into loose sandy soil. The slender roots cannot penetrate potting soils and if you use potting soil, the roots will become compacted and will slowly die, killing your plant.

Coco Coir is also a very nice medium, but you need to add a calcium and magnesium supplement to prevent deficiencies. You can look at my journal. About three weeks ago, I gave a detailed account on how to use Coco Coir and about 3 days ago, I prepared another batch and posted it on my journal.

There are lots of journals on this site using various growing methods. You should read through them to get a feel for the type of grow you want to have.

Sorry if I seemed harsh in my original reply, but it's frustrating helping someone seems not to have bothered browsing this site to see what it has to offer.

Albatross said:
you want 6500k for veg and 2700k for flowering, and some people like a 3:1 ratio depending on what stage thier at

What he said

There are lots of journals on this site using various growing methods. You should read through them to get a feel for the type of grow you want to have.

Sorry if I seemed harsh in my original reply, but it's frustrating helping someone seems not to have bothered browsing this site to see what it has to offer.

Albatross said:

What he said

can't pm you as I don't have 50 posts yet, so, no problem and thanks.

Alright guys I'm gonna keep this thread going because I like 420 mag as a site and because it's just fun to keep an active journal.

First thing I got rid of my original plant because the stress I caused it most likely would have given me a hermie or male so i murder it like Casey

Now to the important stuff I recently got a GH waterfarm so I'm trying out hydro for the first time. As my last post said I was germinating some bag seeds. I have two plants 16 and 15 days old 1 in the waterfarm as of tonight and one in a coca mix both far bigger then my first plant at the same age. Although they are both certaintly of lesser quality than the genetics of the first plant Im pretty sure when they left Mexico they weren't half bad.

Dont try and make different levels of Kelvin just go with 6500k for veg for cfl that is.Then I would say coca is most certainly the easier medium to grow. The hydro is just to learn and it's fun to mess around with the ph.

currently I have 10 26 watt (actual) cfl lights going on the plants and there doing great even though less would probably grow the plants.

I'm looking for any advice on the waterfarm that people can give I drilled the holes bigger and know about adding the airstone so besides that I'm interested to know what ideas people have.

looking forward to hearing from ggrant and Burton cause u guys were my best followers before I briefly stopped

Hi Ruper ive just been reading your journal as im also growing cfls. try and get back to this site and keep the journal going, its good to see more cfl growers, anyone else who is growing using cfl's or planning on using cfls; then check out my journal below as it has loads of info such as bulb types and whats best to use, ie 2700 kelven for flowering off and 6700 for vegin the plant, a lot of my tips on my journal are off other growers and days and days of research so pop along and say high and hopefully we can help each other and compare grows

Don Paul nice journal u Still got the hard part ahead so I keep tuning in, quicksilvers grow has me remotivated that was pretty sick.

Just a quick idea for all growers with heat issues, I have found that freezing a big tubberware container and putting it in front of your fan really helps control the temp although humidity does increase it helps your temp

Also I'm thinking about getting some autoflower up in t-town and was wondering if anyone heard if those lhave headache buzz to them or maybe it was just the certain one my friend. please respond I have only a couple of weeks till I go and get some legit seeds

its going to get harder for sure, ive also ordered some autoflower as well, never tried them before, i also ordered a purple plant and hoping with the lower temps where i am it should give me purple buds, i can only hope,

ok guys I'm at day 22 and 23 the 1 plant I have in coca coir is almost bigger than I want I would like to start flowering a plant at the size it is right now but I'm gonna veg it for another 2 or 3 weeks mainly to allow the 1 plant in a waterfarm to get to an equal size.

the 1 plant in a waterfarm is just coming outof shock which for me is right about ten days after the transplant both of the plants are much better then the first grow I did

2 tricks I've picked
I am running 24/7 and if I have to leave my plants for over 12 hrs I have found that turning off certain lamps helps to keep my temps lowered along with my blocks of ice

Now the second tip is about nutes and that would be general hydroponics rapidstart rooting enhancer which is 27 dollars for a 125ml bottle( pretty small) but I will never grow without now I started my to current plants in different pots the one I watered with this nute had a 2 times bigger root structure then the one I didn't water with it. Then when I transplanted into final grow pot the roots were so GD big

Sorry no pics but I'm gonna look at throwing some videos up

Yea albatross I'm expecting it I've topped the one in soil and that's a pretty easy technique. Also I'm thinking about scroging them and would if they where both in soil but with one in waterfarm and it being my first hydro I think I need to be able to move it around

I have two weeks to make my mind up and worst case I throw the soil plant outdoors and give the room to the waterfarm

It's real tough choice man if I scrog them both I'd have room for a great scrog but scrog one i don't know. I kinda feel like J-ROC on going to prison "I gotta go to prison for my rep but I kinda like my freedom to you knowhatimsayin"

don't know if people get the reference or how it relates but it makes sense to me worst case I go hide out under my moms trailer for a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom