Chief's 2nd Try: Kindsoil Round 2

Have you looked at adding horsetail fern? Very high in silica plus also is a PM preventative. I add it in with my soil amendments and then ALL through Veg I use a horsetail fern tea as a foliar. You can spray this right before lights out with no worries of PM. Learned this trick from Bobrown14 and my girls seem to love it!
Well I have looked but I have yet to find any in the wild. Supposedly its native to this area but hell if I can find em and I fancy myself pretty good in the woods. Bobrown is definitely one of the top two or three soil guys on this site, definitely recommend trying most anything he suggests.

I forgot last grow I bought an iPhone camera kit. Last time for some reason I just couldn’t get it to focus and stuff with the blurples. This time it didnt come out the best but now bad. I think I can still zoom in more. I was about to buy a usb microscope but this will do.

Well I have looked but I have yet to find any in the wild. Supposedly its native to this area but hell if I can find em and I fancy myself pretty good in the woods. Bobrown is definitely one of the top two or three soil guys on this site, definitely recommend trying most anything he suggests.

Couldn't agree more Bo really knows his stuff and is super helpful if you ever have questions. I have a small book filled with notes from his journals, my little grow bible per se.

So everything is moving along nicely I hate how impatient I am lol. I just want them to be done but here’s an update. The cookiehoe is at least a week or so ahead of the Mountain Grapes. I’m guessing because it was more mature when it went into 12/12 but idk just guessing. The cookiehoe gets more frosty everyday. I love looking in there and smelling terps and seeing frost lol. The Mountain Grapes looks like it’s nugging up still I think the colas will be bigger than the cookiehoe. I barely begged the Mountain Grapes compared to the cookiehoe I hope it still pulls some weight. I may be having a 420 harvest but we will see the nugs will let me know.

The pictures are sideways again idk why because the originals are upright. I didn’t want to rotate the originals so here they are.

Girls are looking great! Also nice pictures with the iphone macro. I had a real cheap clip on thing that didn't come out half as good as yours.

Thanks man that’s exactly was I have. I got it from amazon came with a stand and everything. But your pictures are way better than mine. What are you using?

Hey guys I’ve been on vacation went to Venice Beach to relax a little. I smoke some Jungleboyz stuff. I really liked the Mimosa and it really makes me want to get some of those genetics. I just can’t spend $150 on seeds atm but I’ll think about it.

Anyway on to the garden I had a friend watering for me. And ya that maybe wasn’t the best thing I should of done. When I got back they look like they were starving of water. So I went ahead and watered and I’ll check again in a few hours. I was really hoping to come back to a nice green graden but it’s a little yellow.

The cookiehoe isn’t looking as bad but it was starving for sure pull tons of dead leaves off both.

The Mountain Grapes isn’t looking to good it’s yellowing pretty bad. Idk what’s wrong beside water. But I have her water we will see if she bounces back. If you guys know something I can do to help please lmk lol. She is still stacking nicely though but I want to finish the next month smoothly.

Do you have any fish emulsion fertilizer? I find that that its a great quick fix type of amendment you can add to any watering. I might give it a dose of that, should help quite a bit with anything that that might be wrong with her. Also, if you have a little Cal Mag, might not hurt to give a mild dose of it to the yellowing girl.

Welcome back Chief! :high-five:

Your CookieHoe doesn’t look too bad. The yellow leaves on the Mtn Grapes looks like it might be a bit N and/or Mg def? Did your friend have to pH-adjust the water or add nutrients?

No he just had to water but it looks like something might be missing.

Do you have any fish emulsion fertilizer? I find that that its a great quick fix type of amendment you can add to any watering. I might give it a dose of that, should help quite a bit with anything that that might be wrong with her. Also, if you have a little Cal Mag, might not hurt to give a mild dose of it to the yellowing girl.

I don’t have any of that but I’ll try to find some. I do have some kelp meal. Do you think that may help any?

Welcome back man! Sounds like a nice little get away, can't beat having a smoke on the beach either.

If you have some kelp I would give them a nice tea of that 1/4c per G of water. You could also top dress MG with some epsom salt but I would do the kelp first and see if that helps.

Welcome back man! Sounds like a nice little get away, can't beat having a smoke on the beach either.

If you have some kelp I would give them a nice tea of that 1/4c per G of water. You could also top dress MG with some epsom salt but I would do the kelp first and see if that helps.
Thanks gonna give it a try today.

Quick Update:

It’s going pretty slow I can’t wait for some meds. The cookiehoe is going strong. Smelling better and better everyday. It’s smells very sweet with a hint of something I can’t tell wait it is. It’s turning purple on the fan leaves. I really hope the bud gets a hint of purp but only time can tell.

The Mountain Grapes is recovering I guess. It doesn’t look yellowing anymore. I just hope it doesn’t get worse. I just made the kelp meal tea and topped with some fresh Roots Organic soil mixed with super soil. This one smells so fruity I can’t wait for til but it’s at least a week behind the cookiehoe.

Sorry about the macros I want to get a real camera but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom