Chinnubie's White Widow Single Bucket Scrog

Chinnubie

Been a year or more since doing a grow journal but since learning enough to not look stupid in the middle of moving from an apartment into the American Dream I thought I'd give it another shot with General Hydro's hydroponic drip system after seeing how well a cousin had done with limited growing knowledge, he wasn't defoliating his plants, like AT ALL. Anyway, here goes I hope a couple of you advanced folks can help see me through a successful scrog, in other words all comments welcome. I'm very difficult to upset, so give it your best shot! I'll get some pics up of the little girl, bent over and beginning to show promise, when the lights go off tonight so until tomorrow, oh wait the specifics I forgot:

Plant: White Widow from Bergman. Thankfully, I was able to get a really great plant out of one of the seeds and cloned two mothers from which the current plant know resides in my grow room. It was such a great example of the strain I couldn't let it go.

Medium: 1 General Hydroponic Drip Bucket

Nutrients: General Hydroponics 3 part solution Flora Series- Grow, Micro, Bloom. I have some Kool Bloom for flower as well, but aren't sure it's necessary.

Lights: 2-150 Watt HPS. The mothers are floundering under a couple of 40 watt T-5's. It keeps them alive to provide clones. Expansion is a couple of years down the road, so for now it's just the couple of plants.

Room: 3'x4'x7' Painted all semi-gloss white closet that I built when we moved in a year and a half ago, so I could grow & flower my plants. Plus it looks inconspicuous compared to a tent.

Air: 1-190 cfm induction fan with filter for heat reduction & smell. 1 tower fan for circulation.

I might have some pics of the room and last grow, so I guess I'll start with that.

I goofed the scrog, but tried to make it work, got 3.5 OZ dried out of that plant. I'm continuing to improve my harvest weights per plant and hope to reach 1/2 Lb on this next one.

20161231_074901.jpg

20161231_074823.jpg
20161222_071749.jpg

Thanks Penny. My Dad always valued the KIS method-Keep It Simple, so I guess subconsciously that's why. I ended up 3.5 oz. dried for one plant and that's really good for me, so I really want to get this next scrog done well. Got pics will have them up shortly.

Here are a couple of pics 8 days in the drip pot. Funny thing about this clone, I have been keeping this clone alive through the majority of the previous grow so roughly 10-12 weeks. It became root bound with only the rooter plug so I placed it in a large coffee cup with the coco rock thinking it'll make an easy transition and so far, so good. I bent the plant over to get as many branches as possible kinda like super-cropping and might take the top or end of the plant off to get the lower branches even with the top canopy. She's been in there for about 8 days and looks to start taking off so I'm trying to get prepared.

20170120_081604.jpg

20170120_081550.jpg

20170120_081535.jpg

Forgot to add, I took the remaining original solution out and ran a gallon of straight ph'd 6.2 water through the system then added the nutrient solution. Kinda goofed a little not paying attention to the temperature of the water when I first put the clone in the bucket so I think the PH may have been under what the clone had been used to, but didn't cause any major issues. She should start going pretty good now, guess I'll have to wait and see.

Took some updated pics to show progress of this endeavor. I've never done any serious LST on past grows but I've seen the positive result that comes from exercising some patients. I'm putting up a pic of the mother plants and have a crazy idea to transplant one of them outside. These plants have been growing for over a year now and I've kept them in slow mode in 5 gallon buckets with some better than average soil. I've been watering them about 2 times a month with the same solution I use for the drip bucket, sometimes a little less, under a 40 watt T5. If I put it in the flower closet it would become to big to move and I wouldn't be able to flush properly to get the type of quality I've become accustomed. If I can pull that off I'll make a separate journal.

Mothers
20170128_075557.jpg

20170128_075542.jpg

20170128_075524.jpg

20170128_075408.jpg

Bend her over and gently spread everything out then use the scrog to control vertical growth. That mother will be a challenge for sure.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So after about 60 days in veg the plant has responded really well to being bent over and tied down. The pics are remarkable at showing the difference from when it began to now being placed in flower, today is day One of 12/12 and I'm looking forward to the stretch.

20170225_062419.jpg

20170225_062406.jpg

20170225_062338.jpg

20170225_062324.jpg

20170225_062305.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom