Cloning with aloe - Natural and easy cloning for cheap

You have very pretty hands SoilGirl, those clones are really pampered. I haven tried using aloe for cloning but it looks like the next logical step in my conversion into organics.
I have a question regarding the Aloe you used. Is the sap of that Aloe bitter? It reminds me of an Aloe plant my grandma had. It had yellow sap and was very bitter. My grandma appreciated that plant very much because of its properties. I hadn't thought about that until I saw your pics. Now I wonder if I can find that in my zone.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience Soilgirl!

Aww, muchas gracias Sr. Roach :battingeyelashes: Mis manos estan halagado. :laughtwo: De nada for sharing. :passitleft:

I actually don't know for certain whether its bitter or not, but I'll find out for you soon ok. :) I can tell you this much though, the exact species of aloe I grow is Aloe barbadensis. The gel rubbed on a bad sunburn makes a world of difference. haha learned that the hard way. I wouldn't doubt that this is the plant your grandma enjoyed, hobby gardeners everywhere prize it. :Namaste:

Thanks SoilGirl. Every bit of data we can add will only help those behind us. Beautifully presented, as always. :battingeyelashes: :love:

what do ya know.. woke up this morning and the Ultrasour in aloe only also is now showing first roots! :high-five:

0813151629-1.jpg

White Widow in aloe has a couple more showing.

0813151632a-1.jpg

Cheese is rooted and got transplanted outside today. Sometimes I let them root longer but its going to be fine.

0813151632-1.jpg

I like Root It don't get me wrong, but Aloe has really impressed me with this little experiment. I've already achieved my goal of saving those 3 strains, if the Root It clones root now those are just bonuses. :Namaste: I'm kinda surprised the Root it hasn't shown any roots yet. I've had good results with it before, I just guess the magic of Aloe has won out this time. :love:

0813151636-1.jpg

- Roach, that Aloe gel is crazy bitter, thanks for the idea to go lick it! :rofl: just kidding, my own doing of course. :circle-of-love:

All in the name of science Baby. :laughtwo:

Yesterday I transplanted the aloe WW clone outside, this is how the roots were looking (18 days to root)

0816151157a-1.jpg
0816151202d-1.jpg

Now today I noticed the first Root It clone to show roots, the Ultrasour one. Now both Ultrasours are rooting :) Hopefully the next 2 will show roots in the next couple days, I'm getting tired of waiting for them.

0817152356-1.jpg
0817152357a-1.jpg
0817152358-1.jpg

That's all for now. :love:

Very interesting thread
I read all 4 pages of it and I feel that it deserves some kind of award for excellence.
In 2 weeks I will be taking clones from these plants that grew from seed.

IMG-20151014-01403.jpg

I would like to share my trials here with the aloe as soon as the time comes near, around 27 of October.
4 clones would be a nice pick for me.
Vlad

Hey thanks for the great tutorial . I'm attempting to clone for the second time . My first attempt was an epic failure . My clones are now 2 days old . I took the cutting and soaked them in aloe water for 2 hrs ( would of soaked longer but got called into work )and put them in coco but I didnt starve my plants first though because I took the cuttings from 3 plants around 50 days from seed . I have them growing in coco and we already went through a mag issue at around 3 weeks and a calcium issue at 4 weeks . This is my first grow and I wasn't taking any chances . Coco has been a little tricky ... ... Anyways I set up an old fish tank for the clones . I have about 4 inches of water on the bottom with a heater in it set at 88 degrees . I placed the clones on a black tray that sits slightly above the water level . The top is partial open but I have lots of moisture building on the glass and it's around 80 degrees in the tank . I'll try to post a pic of how I have it set up . Thanks again for this cloning tutorial . Great stuff !

Can you do this with any kind of aloe?
I have the regular edible Aloe vera in the backyard, but I have been looking for another variety with yellow, bitter gel. Are you guys familiar with the Aloe Im talking about?

Can you do this with any kind of aloe?
I have the regular edible Aloe vera in the backyard, but I have been looking for another variety with yellow, bitter gel. Are you guys familiar with the Aloe Im talking about?

there are different aloes. I have not seen the yellow one you speak of, but if you have the regular old aloe vera that is most common, it should still work.
I will be doing regular aloe and see what happens and post my result here

V

Thanks bro . Good luck to you as well . I just posted pics to the gallery . Now I just gotta figure out how to get the pic posted on this thread . It's kind of a pain in the ass using my cell phone . You have to use the real website instead the mobile website and it's hard to see everything on my phone . I'll figure it out soon though

Not sure exactly how I posted all those pics but the aquarium pic was what I was trying to post . The pic of the three little plants sitting on the rail are from late augest . I deff didn't mean to post that but they are the same plants I took my cuttings from . They are so big now compared to that old pic . I almost forgot how they looked when they was babies ..... And yes I'll post my results

Yesterday I found my special kush clone bent over . I checked and the stem was snapped . I don't know what happened . So I just cut another one . So now both my channel plus clones are 6 days old . Look fresh like the day I cut them . My special kush clone is only 2 days old . Well I guess they really ain't clones yet . I should prob be calling them cuttings . I sure do hope they do become clones as my veg box will be empty in a few days

I pulled some plants that had been composted for a reason,, out of the box they had been in for almost ten days. Still green on parts, cut five clones now have four still going after 72 hours in bubbler... just an FYI. Hardy plants :)

So I forgot all about this thread . My clones I did with aloe in coco rooted at 15 days .. I did a second batch with plain water in rapid rooters and they rooted at 9 days . The diffence I think was a aspirin foiler spray I gave the second batch on day 2 . I gave it to the first batch too but not till like day 13 . I gotta run more tests . I changed to many variables but I'm thinking the aspirin was big . I'll try to load some pics

Back
Top Bottom