Closet Grow Box Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: supercloset grow box Any good?

Hello RasTim, Keep reading the forums someone is surely using the same unit you mentioned. Tons of help to get you up and running. Sooo stick around,:nomo: and enjoy 420. Good luck, See you later.

anyone with a review of these closets yet?

I recently purchased a Super Locker from Super Closet. The communication from the company has been pretty poor. The unit arrived a week or so late. No big deal. But it came without the instruction DVD. Sorta need that. It's been 2 weeks and still no DVD even though I spoke to someone on 2 occasions who said it was being sent.

The quality of the unit seems pretty good. The unit I have is very light tight. It has an interesting and efficient way to kill light leaks at holes in cabinet needed to run power cords.

Overall I have high (no pun intended) hopes for the unit... that is if they ever send the instruction disc so I can finish putting the thing together. My only real question with regard to putting this thing together is the correct set up and use of the water pump in the flower chamber. I figured everything else out but this last bit I want to be sure to get right so I don't fry the pump and kill a grow.

If you live far away from the company and you really like good communication and reliable support this may not be for you. If you are more patient and somewhat self-reliant then the product does seem pretty solid.

Hey Greekgrower, :welcome: to the 420 magazine forums.
Are you a refugee from HG420?
Still talking with the Dr.C?
If by chance this doesn't apply to you disregard all I said but the welcome.
This is a friendly community, so post often. I'll see you around the forums.

I recently ordered a deluxe from the company and they insured me the company is doing much better now they are moved into a new warehouse. I have already had to make numerous customer service calls with questions about my first grow and ways to insure the best yeild, they always have the answer and are very reliable to call duting business hours. Their customer service alone has tought me more than any book and it makes it well worth the price. I recieved a 3 year warranty and havent had a problem yet. Ill post some pictures soon!

My son-inlaw purchased the Superlocker 2.0 from Supercloset and he raves about it. He's had the unit for about 3 months now and he loves it. The system comes pretty much already assembled and ready to use. Their shipping was great and he was actually very excited to receive the unit earlier then they had anticipated. My son-inlaw didn't have much experience with hydroponics but with the instructional DVD included, anybody can start growing right away. He accidently spilled all the growing nutrients on the floor and he said the company sent him a new package the next day.
I will get pictures of his plants and post them soon.

does anyone have a grow dairy of a bc or super closet setup as i would b more persuaded
to buy a turnkey system rather than have 8 plugs and allsorts running 20 hours a day to many things can go wrong where i like this idea of a good grow every time sorted

Now I'm not saying the SuperLocker is a bad deal, but it's really just a thing to start with, so many improvements need to be done to make it 'Super'...I have basically used it as an 'expensive' starting point and have changed and added to it in a dozen (or more) ways...if I were doing it again, I would build from scratch...BUT, that's just my opinion dudes

Now I'm not saying the SuperLocker is a bad deal, but it's really just a thing to start with, so many improvements need to be done to make it 'Super'...I have basically used it as an 'expensive' starting point and have changed and added to it in a dozen (or more) ways..

Would you mind going into detail on what these changes are, as I am thinking about ordering one in the very near future. I am a first time grower as well, and just want to make sure I'll get a nice yield out of it. If any changes need to be made and are somewhat simple, I wouldn't mind doing them as well. Thank you in advance!

Dude, I changed so many things large and small, but some major ones are: the light is too hot for such a small space (perhaps in their larger systems this would be less of a problem) you almost have to switch to floro's (or spend another $500. bucks and get the LCD they offer...I can't even imagine putting the 250 watt 'upgrade' they sell in there...you could cook your steaks in there I bet lol, I added two more of the small fans to the unit and it helps too; you will need a chiller or 'hello root rot' {and don't waste your money on a small ones that has to be inside the cabnet as the heat inside will make it useless} I added more light to the top chamber also as the one floro surely isn't enough; the smaller changes are no big deal but important and discovered the hard way. I am not trying to 'dis' the company, but these issues alone are major deals...it's a good start, but not a 'plug and grow' set- up in my opinion.

I'm with you on the Superlocker flaws. Plant stretch from the upper cloning chamber having one T5, not enough reflection, and an awkward space to deal with, as well as light (the angled 2 ft. fluoro sucks). I plan to try to use the lower part for cloning (thanks for the warning about too much heat in the lower; I preanticipated this and bought 2 23w (= to 100w each, supposedly) spiral fluoros and a small 50w LED full spectrum to compensate for this. I can't give a good review on the Superlocker; too much reworking needs to be done to it. I bought a 2ft x 3ft grow tent and I am deciding on either an extra 150w HPS to go with the one that came with the Superlocker, or switching to a Procyon (I am trying to get some feedback on the Procyon from someone that isn't trying to sell one). :goodluck:

I couldn't disagree more.
I didn't change a thing about my cabinet and look for yourself.
I have a 600w kicking in there and have not had any heat issues whatsoever.
I haven't even used the CO2 yet...can't wait to see what that does.
This turned into over an elbow, dry.
That large cola next to the beer bottle weighed in at 30.5g dry weight!!
I even used the TechnaFlora that came with it.
Sick cabinet, sick results. I whole heartedly recommend!

warlock11.jpg
beercomparison.jpg
warlock21.jpg

I have had a super closet and anyone that is posting such "AMAZING" results and is using such sales talk to speak about the product "wholeheartedly recommended " without even using the "beneficial co2". UGH ITS ALL BS, they control almost everything that you read about it anyway. The truth is its just an OVERPRICED GROW BOX. Once you get it and realize what you have bought its too late, they always take all your "money back time" taking forever to get the product to you. All these so called "normal people" WORK for them and post the same over dramatic results and words. Its just a product, you could make your own for way less or buy or much cheaper grow box that would work just as good such as the green grow box , the hydroboxgrow, or really any of the cheaper ones that claim the same things without the HUGE advertising. Its the oldest story in buisness ever. I had a super closet, then i couldnt "technically" return it, then I had trouble selling it as USED "even though it wasnt" because people I sold it too hated it as well ! Thats how lame they are. If I would have just got and made my own tent or a much cheaper box i would be not almost 2 grand in debt right now , NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently purchased a Super Locker from Super Closet. The communication from the company has been pretty poor. The unit arrived a week or so late. No big deal. But it came without the instruction DVD. Sorta need that. It's been 2 weeks and still no DVD even though I spoke to someone on 2 occasions who said it was being sent.

The quality of the unit seems pretty good. The unit I have is very light tight. It has an interesting and efficient way to kill light leaks at holes in cabinet needed to run power cords.
W
Overall I have high (no pun intended) hopes for the unit... that is if they ever send the instruction disc so I can finish putting the thing together. My only real question with regard to putting this thing together is the correct set up and use of the water pump in the flower chamber. I figured everything else out but this whatlast bit I want to be sure to get right so I don't fry the pump and kill a grow.

If you live far away from the company and you really like good communication and reliable support this may not be for you. If you are more patient and somewhat self-reliant then the product does seem pretty solid.

What are u having trouble with ur superlocker ..I have the same system...I I can help feel free to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom