BMG Grow Journal

šŸ¤” yeah you got two different pollinations going. That's tough. I never did more than one at a time, so I never worried about cross contamination. Clothes and hair and all that mess needs cleaning.

Sometimes this whole process is like watching paint dry or watching the grass grow. šŸ§ Wait... šŸ¤£ Exactly what it is. Even under the best of circumstances it takes months to see if the efforts are fruitful. All we have is time...

It's definitely a lot! I got home from a 12 hr work day and the plants were dry again, I just watered 24hrs ago and had to water again. It seems like watering will be an everyday thing for the next few years. Time..that's what I'm scared of, it's a constant thought that I have at the back of my head to get these preservations done before my expiration date and with so many anomalies in the World it's tough to predict how much time is actually left for one's self. That's one of the reasons why I categorized my collection into groups with Highest Priority being amongst the first preservations to be done. I have a lot preservations to complete. I was debating with my wife wether or not I should do the variegated lines next since I only have 2 in my collection and that so I can get them out of the way and focus more on the important preservations to which she advised me against and advised me that I should stay on course with the Preservations in current order ranked from Most important first to Least important last being strains that are of origins to Polyhybrids. Least important to me but still very highly sought after amongst seed collectors and enthusiasts.

Dang it man. Coco drains and dries super fast. šŸ¤” Sonuvagun brother. I have seen people use those drip things they use in the ER to administer the "lactated ringers" to drip irrigate their pots during heat waves outside.

If that equipment is available to the public is another topic.

Screenshot_20240323-134622~2.png

A search of "primary infusion tubing" revealed the equipment used in the ER and gardens in extreme climates. Just an idea for your watering issues to free you up a bit more for travel.

Others have actually ran a garden hose indoors with a rainbird drip irrigator as well. That is a touch more haphazard due to equipment failure and overall damage that could be caused.

Dang it man. Coco drains and dries super fast. šŸ¤” Sonuvagun brother. I have seen people use those drip things they use in the ER to administer the "lactated ringers" to drip irrigate their pots during heat waves outside.

If that equipment is available to the public is another topic.
You can stick a qtip in the side bottom of a 20 oz water bottle and it'll act as a drip system too.... Course y'all got more than what a q-tip gonna do yašŸ’š

This is a wonderful idea Pat! From the looks of it, it seems as if it would hold just enough nutrients that it would not have to be Ph'ed again before refill. The only bad thing about this is the price. It would cost me about $160 to get the ones that are pertinent and about $260-300 for all. I had to place an order for a few items that should be arriving soon. What was supposed to be only $100 turned into $300 quick.

Yeah they got the "medical" grade stuff for cheaper than people needing the equipment for their plants. šŸ¤£ They definitely see us coming, brother. I thought about the nutrient idea as well to be premixed and add to the bag, but I was unaware of what you're using and the shelf life of the stuff.

I am totally glad my little brain storm could drum up a potentially adequate idea to address the watering issue. šŸ˜Š Rock on! :headbanger:

Germination for Presv#2 has begun. This is the hardest and most stressful time of anything cultivation wise for me. I've never had a hand for germinating seeds so I use tools to get me through this process such as heat mats, dome, rooters etc..
Had to buy some buckets and a strainer to double, triple, and quadruple wash the coco before buffering it (15 gals of RO Water which took 15hrs) I can't have what happen last time happen again for Presv#2. There was a point where I got depressed and thought that I was going to have to lose Presv#1 and continue on without it due to trying to cut corners on washing and buffering. Someone was on my side for this Presv#1. Out of 26 seeds 5 made the cut the rest either didn't germinate or they died. I got lucky this time.

20240324_205159.jpg

20240324_205654.jpg

Presv#1
There is no point in counting days too harvest. No checking trichomes or microscope needed. These plants aren't coming down until the seeds are mature. I've been thinking back to my previous grows and what's crazy is that Autoflower seeds seem to develop quicker while micro breeding I wonder if it's the same thing for Photoperiods? Only way to truly find out is to try it for yourself, which I will one day.

20240324_205748.jpg

Added a humidifier to the Seedling/Mother cab. The cool thing about this humidifier is that I can add nutrients to it! Right now I currently have Calmag and some Seedling nutes being misted from the humidifier onto the seedlings.

20240326_215804.jpg

All of Presv#2 seeds have germinated. I've been having an issue with the previous batch of Auto seeds germinating and it's not because they are not viable or mature it's because the seeds are big and the shells are too thick for germinating. I've extracted the embryos from those seeds but am not looking to use those and am preparing to germinate more but this time using sandpaper to help soften the seed shells.

I haven't ever done it, but I was going to recommended that. I read about putting a strip of sand paper in a medicine bottle so it wraps around. Insert seeds and shake to score the seed.

I have heard about extracting embryos, but that seems like next level cannabis surgery to me.

A little side note:

I have a water fountain for my dogs and cats. I used to roll my doobies on a table where the cat food was. This table just so happened to be next to the water fountain.

I inadvertantly dropped a seed in the fountain. It was sucked down to the intake and sprouted under water. šŸ¤” Just putting that out there. I was able to pull it out, but I didn't need a seedling at the time. I have considered trying to germinate like this on purpose when I get back to growing. Not in the water fountain, but creating a circulation of water and having them sucked to the intake with a constant flow of water.

I haven't ever done it, but I was going to recommended that. I read about putting a strip of sand paper in a medicine bottle so it wraps around. Insert seeds and shake to score the seed.

I have heard about extracting embryos, but that seems like next level cannabis surgery to me.

A little side note:

I have a water fountain for my dogs and cats. I used to roll my doobies on a table where the cat food was. This table just so happened to be next to the water fountain.

I inadvertantly dropped a seed in the fountain. It was sucked down to the intake and sprouted under water. šŸ¤” Just putting that out there. I was able to pull it out, but I didn't need a seedling at the time. I have considered trying to germinate like this on purpose when I get back to growing. Not in the water fountain, but creating a circulation of water and having them sucked to the intake with a constant flow of water.
It always happens when you least expect it too. Makes me think that a cup of water with a few drops of Peroxide and a little bubbler would work well in that type of situation. I'll have to try that one day!

Embryo extraction is a very cool method everybody should try at least once. I've learned the method from a member here @Joe Brewster he has a thread about it here. I've had some issues with this method but have it handy if I have trouble getting really old seeds to germinate as a last resort.

It always happens when you least expect it too. Makes me think that a cup of water with a few drops of Peroxide and a little bubbler would work well in that type of situation. I'll have to try that one day!

Embryo extraction is a very cool method everybody should try at least once. I've learned the method from a member here @Joe Brewster he has a thread about it here. I've had some issues with this method but have it handy if I have trouble getting really old seeds to germinate as a last resort.
Thanks for the mention @TheGrimReaper
Peroxide is also supposed to help soften & remove the shiny coating on your seeds when you soak them for12-24 hrs
Keep up the great work on seed production

I'm busy sprouting Lisianthus seeds you can barely see & take months to grow
Started saved seed Feb 15 th

A link to my thread if anybody else is interested Starting Cannabis seeds without the shells on

I ran out of time, i had taken off of work today to get stuff done but my lights come on pretty late 7pm. šŸ˜© I wanted to get cloning done for Presv#1 male but my time ran out of my night and I have to get some rest for work at Noon to Midnight. I got feeding done and a few extra things but I'd like to get cloning and a few more auto seeds germinating and ready for Presv#2.

Back
Top Bottom