BMG Grow Journal

Still trying to get things done with these pots, had to go out of state and got back late. Didn't have time to do anything. Made time to water the plants or they were going to wilt. I do not want these plants to go through any stress like that during seed production so I'll do my best to keep the plants happy until I feel that the seeds have finished maturing before chop. The Autoflower smoked like shit and its because I let the plant go way past its expiration date in order to have fully matured seeds and that led to THC degradation. The Autoflower is a good smoke when harvested at the right time and I enjoy it. It's on its own level.
I'm not happy with the pheno of the Autoflower. It was Dark Purple (I dont remember seeing this before). I'll be going back and using the "Red" pheno for further seed production. This Auto line will now be split into 2 and these seeds will be set aside and labeled as the "Purple Autos" and "Reds" will be labeled as such in the next round.

Thought this was pretty cool. A side by side seed development comparison one growing with a Calyx protecting the seed and one growing without.

InShot_20240317_013451584.jpg

Damn Grimm that is cool AF the black gene. I don't always know exactly what the hell y'all are talking about but it's interesting and I love seeing your work. And them seeds from the auto, they look so healthy and phat! 💝
Thank you Jiggi for the kind words. Eventhough I promised myself to stick to my thread only, I took a peek at yours last night and I think it's really cool what your doing with your attic. Im excited for you, I see you got your MLxNL germinated and ready to go! I might not leave comments anymore on other people's threads and am very selective now on who ill respond too on my own thread im still reading, watching and cheering other people on from the sidelines while lurking in the shadows! Keep up the great work! 😉 👍

🤔 that's an odd one. Obviously just about anything can happen. I never in my life thought I would ever see that.
If you think that is odd I think you'll find my "Mutated" lines very interesting. Very Different from ABC, Freak and Duck. I've been debating with myself for the past few days wether or not "ALL" of my Preservation work should be held here on 420mag or if one or two preservations should be held on a different platform from time to time such as YouTube with links provided for the forum to the Preservation. I'm leaning towards the idea of utilizing Multi-Platforms in the near future for certain preservations.

Fully Submersible grow light that I do all my breeding with since purchase. The light and tent finished getting washed and is drying out for the next Presv. I had this light for 7+ years and still strong, wish i would have bought 2 because they do not make these lights anymore.
Finished washing the breeding tent and all of its parts, sprayed with proxide and washed with water. I was not able to prep more coco today because I did not have a big enough bin to do what needed to be done so I went to the local store and picked one up. I have it basically right in front of me waiting so I do not procrastinate getting it done. Unfortunately due to the soil not being ready in time I will have to germinate the seeds this coming Saturday that way they germinate and are ready to be planted on a day that I am not working. I will be steadfast on getting the medium prepped and ready for the seedlings next week hopefully by Tuesday night before I go back to work on Wednesday i can have this all done.

20240317_220724.jpg

20240317_220403.jpg

20240317_223531.jpg

Everything is cleaned and ready. I did not clean the Autoflower cabinet because there was no need too. That cabinet will be for the male autos of that line to ibl further and pollinate other Autos of different lines and Photos. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the medium done today and in pots ready for the weekend.

20240318_165103.jpg

Finally finished these pots and have 1 more wash to go before starting germination, including transplant pots. For Presv#2 I'll be killing a few birds with one stone. A seldom few of my lines consist of the Reg and Fem version of that line. There are 2 particular strains that I have Reg and Fem seeds that will be a Presv# later down the line. Since that is the case I feel that I can get a head start on a Presv# by having its female reveg or cloned ready and waiting for its time to Presv# when I run the line.

20240319_060417.jpg

After Presv#13 I have about 10-13 more to go and things should be a lot less stressful so that I can start enjoy growing again. Breeding with a few seeds and having to make the right decisions on selecting certain plants over others and standing by that decision as to why, when there was so many other's that could have been chosen is stressful and you can't be second guessing yourself or having regrets to your decisions of would have should have or even "Wishing" you would have kept something like which your about to read below that I will have to move forward and come back to after All Preservations have been completed.

Presv#1 (Breakdown & Review)
I had a choice to make between two very great looking males that bled but with 2 very different traits. Male 1 Bled Black Blood as to where Male#2 Bled Bright Red Blood. I kept Male#2 because it did something that the rest of the plants did not do, it Bled not only from the stems and branches like Male#1 but it also Bled from the Leaves. I used both males for this preservation. These were things I had to consider and looking back I wish I would have kept the other Male as well. Lesson Learned (I dont make Mistakes twice) Presv#1 is just the beginning and held a High Priority in my collection of genetics. I knew what trait I was looking for when hunting but New traits started to become apparent such as the "Black" blood or Bleeding from Leaves. Some bled which were kept and some didn't which were culled. Lost a few seeds along the way because I wanted to take short cuts which left me with very few plants to choose from hoping that I would find 1 Male and 1 female to preserve the line. In the end I had 3 males that bled and 2 females. One of those males were culled, it bleed dark Maroon Red when cut from the stem or branch but did not bleed from its leaves. Male#3 (The dark Maroon Red) was not enough for me to use him, it did not stand out like Male#1 or 2.

After Presv#13 I have about 10-13 more to go and things should be a lot less stressful so that I can start enjoy growing again. Breeding with a few seeds and having to make the right decisions on selecting certain plants over others and standing by that decision as to why, when there was so many other's that could have been chosen is stressful and you can't be second guessing yourself or having regrets to your decisions of would have should have or even "Wishing" you would have kept something like which your about to read below that I will have to move forward and come back to after All Preservations have been completed.

Presv#1 (Breakdown & Review)
I had a choice to make between two very great looking males that bled but with 2 very different traits. Male 1 Bled Black Blood as to where Male#2 Bled Bright Red Blood. I kept Male#2 because it did something that the rest of the plants did not do, it Bled not only from the stems and branches like Male#1 but it also Bled from the Leaves. I used both males for this preservation. These were things I had to consider and looking back I wish I would have kept the other Male as well. Lesson Learned (I dont make Mistakes twice) Presv#1 is just the beginning and held a High Priority in my collection of genetics. I knew what trait I was looking for when hunting but New traits started to become apparent such as the "Black" blood or Bleeding from Leaves. Some bled which were kept and some didn't which were culled. Lost a few seeds along the way because I wanted to take short cuts which left me with very few plants to choose from hoping that I would find 1 Male and 1 female to preserve the line. In the end I had 3 males that bled and 2 females. One of those males were culled, it bleed dark Maroon Red when cut from the stem or branch but did not bleed from its leaves. Male#3 (The dark Maroon Red) was not enough for me to use him, it did not stand out like Male#1 or 2.
Sounds so vicious when you talk about cutting an making them bleed. 😆

Got home from work this morning, checked the cabs and saw that my pots needed watering..I looked at my wife and was like.. "Didn't I water lastnight?" And she said yes! Plants are drinking water like crazy and seems like the plants are going to need to be attended too every day. 1 gallon pots!! 🙄

20240321_022630.jpg

Your efforts will go as planned. I don't doubt that for a second.
I believe so too, it's a lot of work. For instance "pollination" I do duo Breeding Autos and Photos and when pollinating its sooooo time consuming because everything you touch or the room needs to be cleaned wiped down before and after showering and changing clothes before opening up the next breeding area so there is no cross contamination and then that process has to be repeated 1 more time before I am finished. So for 1 day I'm changing clothes 4 + times, showering and wiping down clean the area. There is a lot of things I do to stop cross contamination and may include that process in the next grows if anybody wants to see that part but I must admit it is quite boring, annoying and repetitive!
Thank You Pat for your words of encouragement! I appreciate you!

All your work and dedication will be worth the efforts and time you've put into this process 💕
I keep telling myself that whenever I have those "Bad Days" and just wanna throw in the towel and say fuck it! It's different though when someone else tells you that because it reassures me that I'm not the only one that see's a happy ending and that there is a light at the end of the road, I just have to get there. Thank You for those kind words Jiggi they mean a lot to me! 🤗 👍

🤔 yeah you got two different pollinations going. That's tough. I never did more than one at a time, so I never worried about cross contamination. Clothes and hair and all that mess needs cleaning.

Sometimes this whole process is like watching paint dry or watching the grass grow. 🧐 Wait... 🤣 Exactly what it is. Even under the best of circumstances it takes months to see if the efforts are fruitful. All we have is time...

Back
Top Bottom