ClosetPharmer's DIY Cabinet With LED - King Kong & Critical Super Silver Haze

2X6's with pond liner and you could make as large of a SWICK container as you want. Just wouldn't be movable ;-)

Put it on a solid base with industrial casters and yes you could.

Try a large oil pan from an auto parts store. A bigger option is a concrete mixing tray from a home improvement warehouse. The trays they sell for washers you put anywhere other than the basement would work for multiple pots, but you grow micro. I used deep dish pans. It meant I needed to be creative about getting in there to water, but it worked beautifully.

Try a large oil pan from an auto parts store. A bigger option is a concrete mixing tray from a home improvement warehouse. The trays they sell for washers you put anywhere other than the basement would work for multiple pots, but you grow micro. I used deep dish pans. It meant I needed to be creative about getting in there to water, but it worked beautifully.

I was thinking pan for a washing machine too, but most of them have a larger foot print than my space allows. I just have too keep my eyes open at all times for something oddly sized that could work. I'm going to see if they have plastic grow trays at my hydro store....those things can be unreasonably expensive though depending on the thickness of the plastic.

Maybe you could build the basic framework and box and line it with a tarp or a cut down construction grade trash bag. Something thick and sturdy. That way you can customize it.

Time for another pictorial update. Originally I was planning on doing a scrog but after doing more reading I ran across Nugbuckets's guide to manifolding plants. So I decided to give it a whirl mostly because I was getting concerned about how long it was going to take in vegetation to fill in the scrog. The manifold method will also set the girls back a couple of weeks but I hope to end up with a more symmetrical, even canopy. With the added bonus of trying my hand with cloning. If my cuttings survive I will grow them in smaller smartpots ~ 1 gal, I'm thinking.

Fingers crossed, hoping my girls aren't too pissed with me for giving them such a drastic hair cut. King Kong has really taken off and has caught up with CSSH. Hard to tell they are 10 days apart in age.

So on to the photos, here's the girls before the trim and the cloning containers ready for their cuttings:
image21139.jpg

And here they are post trim:

image21140.jpg

Here's a closeup of CSSH post trim. I was surprised at how woody and tough the stems were to cut. That soil must be kicking ass.

image21142.jpg

Here's King Kong:

image21143.jpg

Here's the cuttings. The two closest to the camera are King King's and the upper two are CSSH

image21141.jpg

The clover seeds I ordered are due to arrive today so before anyone gives me grief about lack of mulch, I plan to add some once I've got my clover seeds planted.

Cheers
:Namaste:

Well 24 hrs later the girls have turned theirs tops back up toward the light and seem to be recovering well so far. The clones appear to have survived the first day, noticeable wilting of the lowest leaves but the tops still look good. If they all make it, it's going to be a crowded closet.

I had a bag of left-over perlite from making my soil so I thought I'd make my second SWICK container with that and compare the difference between using hydroton and perlite. However, there wasn'r enough perlite and the stuff is so fluffy and sticks to everything I decided I didn't want the mess so I added more hydroton on top of it. However the new hydroton is a courser variety so it's not exactly the same as what's in my first container.

Last night I gave them all a small drench with a tea I made from BuildaSoil's Craft Blend Nutrient Pack and planted the clover seeds. Mulch will go on top of that today.

I also had to add the carbon filter earlier than I thought as the CSSH is quite the smelly girl. I was so surprised that this early in vegetation she was stinking up the basement which did not make the wife happy. The filter is working well and we can now have visitors over ;-)

On to the pictures, here's the girls, King Kong is closest to the camera.

image21192.jpg

Here are the clones. I had to improvise a cover to decrease the intensity of the light from the Mars LED. Once the roots get established I'll remove it. King Kong's cuttings are on the right side and CSSH's are on left

image21193.jpg

And here's the filter installed

image21194.jpg

That's all for now
Cheers

Nice carbon filter. Wait until you feel the energy living mulch creates. Maybe that's just me. Everything is moving along nicely and the girls are looking good. It's going to get seriously crowded in there, but I don't think you'll mind at all. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Nice carbon filter. Wait until you feel the energy living mulch creates. Maybe that's just me. Everything is moving along nicely and the girls are looking good. It's going to get seriously crowded in there, but I don't think you'll mind at all. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Yes, having a crowded closet is a problem I hope to have :slide:

I didn't do anything special for the clones, just scraped the ends a bit with my sissors and stuck them into the covered fiber pots with soil. I really didn't expect them all to survive the first day. I'll be stoked if any make it.

Things are looking good for my clones, day 3 and they seem to be surviving. :wood: Tonight I plan on making the 2nd topping to end up with 4 mains. Too bad I don't have more room because I could get 2 more clones from tonight's trimming. I plan on making one more topping after that to end with 8 mains which hopefully will give me 8 nice colas from each plant. The clones will topped just once after they are transplanted into their smart pots and I will let them go from there.

Cheers

You're doing an excellent job ClosetPharmer. I know how difficult it is to make that first cut. Took me over 15 minutes for mine. I never could bring myself to do more than Backbuilding the buds on my autos. Well done.

Time for another photo update :yahoo:

Last night I did the 3rd and final topping and pinned down the 4 mains from which the final 8 mains will grow. From here on out it will be a matter of training them. I think I will take Nugbuckets' suggestion and will use a tomato cage to get 6 mains around the rim and 2 mains in the center.

Sweetsue should be happy to see my living mulch is starting to come up through the barley straw I used. I found a 15 seed variety pack pf clover seeds. It'll be interesting to see what comes up.

Here's King Kong after the 3 rd topping.

image21567.jpg

And heres the CSSH after her trim

image21568.jpg

And finally, here are 2 of the clones. I should have read the how-to on cloning closer, When I took the cuttings, I was nervous about making more cuts on them so I didn't trim the lower leaves and shoots. They all were wilting so I trimed them about 5 days after they were taken from the main plant.

King Kong's clone

image21569.jpg

CSSH's Clone

image21570.jpg

CSSH is now 45 days from seed and King Kong is 35 days. The clones are 9 days old and I'm thinking they all might just make it.

Well that's all for now,
:ciao:

Great update and yes, I did notice the clover popping up. :laughtwo: It reminded me that I need to reseed mine in the tan pot.

Back
Top Bottom