Super Silver Haze - Soil - 2 x Mars 2 400 Watt - Converted Closet

JJspinna

First grow journal so input is appreciated, first time using LED's previously always used HPS in room sized areas so this is my first Closet grow as well. Thanks to the forum for a ton of info, support and place to share!

Lets get to the details:
Strain - Crop Kings Feminized Super Silver Haze
Hybrid - 75% Sativa
Early - 2 weeks since breaking through the soil
Indoor
Soil
PRO-MIX® HP MYCORRHIZAE 75% - Perlite 25%
15 Gal pots
Mars 2 400watts X2
Converted Closet
45 RH Humidity
PH Unknown at this time
Any Pests ? None to my knowledge
How often are you watering? once every 24-36 hours
Type and strength of ferts used? None at this time - Too early - Input appreciated

I used the Crop Kings suggested method for germinating the seeds and 3 of the 5 sprouted, 1 that sprouted had the stem cell grow within the seed and not pop out. I lost this seed as my methods of fixing it failed. I then put them into 4" pots with the Pro Mix HP and had them in a Nano-Dome for the first 2 weeks. They look healthy for how little they are and everyday they are showing growth. I'm currently running them under 24 hour light cycle when would you suggest to drop done to a 18/6 cycle?

Now for the pics, sorry for the sideways ones I was trying to show off the height in the closet.

I just received my Mars Hydro light and set it up immediately, the 2 plants were just in a Nano-Dome with a single T5 light so I thought I might as well get them under the Mars 2. Second light will be ordered Friday and should arrive in the 3-5 business days, this first light showed up in 3!!

1452576169130-1727700224.jpg

1452576152936420284108.jpg

145257613219249418450.jpg
145257611567983789776.jpg

You'll want to acclimate your girls to the new light. They look a little close for day one and early veg. I think 24-30 inches is where you'd want to be initially, then move them into the 12-18 over a week or so.

I'd hate to see you bleach out your girls in the first 24 hours of having the new light.

So after the first night with the LED I noticed my temps were high even with the oscillating fan running in the closet. I'm going to have to finish up the closet with a Carbon filter and fan as well as look into a fresh air fan. At this point I can just leave the door open and Mylar down and pray it keeps it cool enough.

Thanks for sub'd, I look forward to updating this as I go along.

Mars Hydro let me know that USA clients are the only ones receiving their lights with the VEG/BLOOM switch so at least when I order my second light it should be the same....

There is some debate about temps under LEDs vs HID, with the theory being that LEDs can be a little warmer than HID. There's a video floating around about it, if you want to see it and can't find I'll try to dig it up.

Oddly, Mars Hydro told me in November that the warehouse mixed the new and old stock, and they couldn't tell me which I might receive. So there may still be a chance of getting two slightly different lights.

But I fully agree with Shigs, the switches are of little real value.

Good to know about the switches just frustrating as a consumer to purchase a product as described and receive a slight variant. Gives me a false hope of quality control but time will tell and their customer service is top notch, always fast on response and informative.

Still having an issue with my temp today, consistently around 32. Going to make a vent from the wall into the closet to draw some more cooler air in, possibly add a fan. I'm now realizing my power situation in the closet is more load than the breaker will handle. I was told when we reno'd the bathroom that it would be on a separate breaker but now know it is not and it is shared with the room the closet resides in...... Frustrating

Thanks KingSnake, I'm looking forward to opening it to a Screen of Green!

DAY 11

The local shop I frequent to carries the Promix HP and recommended it, with FFOF being so difficult to get locally and expensive shipping to get some I decided it would be best to work with something local and available.

Currently waiting on Fan and Carbon filter combo to install in my closet, I wasn't expecting such long shipping times.....

I think I may need to lower the plants from the light or...... Not quite sure, could be RH related as well.

Input appreciated
SSH
1452718690945-1310299559.jpg

SSH
145271876114683789776.jpg

145271879823349418450.jpg

It looks like your lil dog is wondering why that plant is getting all the attention now days. I don't think I'd put it on the ground or it would probably get eaten or peed on.

However, "I" think they look good :thumb:

The dog isn't the only one :smokin:

Eaten for sure, dog seems to love Skunkilicious Papers and Kush strains...... FML Everything is in jars but the odd time you leave something on the rolling tray, it's gone! Hahahahaha

Thanks for the input, I think they are looking good as well but I was curious with the leaves turning up at the edge.

Back
Top Bottom