Koalas Super Silver Lemon Haze 600w LED Grow!

krillerkoala

So this is my first grow (and journal) and after following many wonderfully helpful grows ive decided to make my own journal since it seems like there is quite a big interest in LED's!

I am a medical patient in the state of California and have always had an interest in growing my own medicine as it helps me wonderfully with pain...Also i sometimes wonder what some people grow with, especially when you get some really nasty shit! and wanted to see if i could grow more naturally and get rid of that nuh uh you hit that shit man i dont want it taste :wood:

To start off with, I've got a 600w American made 2w LED light and will be growing in a 3.75' cube constructed from sectioned PVC pipe covered with Black felt with Mylar on the insides of it.

Ive come across 6 clones of Super Silver Lemon Haze which I've been told won one of the cups a few years ago....lets just hope :D anyway, they're in 4 inch pots with just soil from Sunland that has microbes along with the usual blood meal and bat guano. So far i have given them only water and plan to introduce nutrients soon.

Ive been watering every few days, trying to let them dry out a little before i wet them again. The LED puts off a decent amount of heat if you don't circulate the air enough, but other than using that heat along with the high/low setting on my fan i can keep the temperature pretty constant.

Its been about 2 weeks since i transplanted them into these pots from the rockwool they were in (which i DID NOT put in the dirt...DOH!) and all but 2 took the transplant pretty well. One of them seems to suffer from the claw, and has shown almost NO growth since it was in the cube, it is still green though, and small green leaves are bunching near the top, but that is it.

The other guy seemed to look like a sapling, so i tied him down, and instantly new growth has started from his branches, and he has 'reached' back up to the light!!

so if you don't wanna read all that ^^

CURRENT

First time grow
4" pots
Medium- Sunland Enriched Potting soil
Light- 600W 2w LED
Nutrients- None yet
Strain- Super Silver Lemon Haze
# of clones- 6
+

yield that would make me ecstatic- 6-8 oz :cool:

SO

I plan on Vegging them for 4 more weeks, then giving them a day of transition before throwing them into a 12/12. So total of 6 weeks veg.

The clones were maybe 3 inches tall when i transplanted them with roots about 4 or 5 inches long. they were in a hydro setup but i am not sure what nutrients were used on them there.
The first picture are the clones the morning after their transplant. Not too happy but they did travel quiiite a bit

rsz_img_20101207_132218.jpg

This was a few days ago, about 7 days after the first photo:
IMG_20101212_191534.jpg

and these are the clones today!!! So much branching, and few are getting amazingly bushy!
rsz_img_20101215_233814.jpg

rsz_img_20101215_233826.jpg

Anyway ill keep this updated depending on how popular it is!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

hey Koala good luck on your grow, they're looking really good. Im on my first grow too check out my journal. Ill be looking back on this.

Ok good news! ive started using more of the nutrient tea and the claw has mostly reversed itself and reached back up, hopefully itll start growing some so i can salvage it :wood:

Also, topped my 4 biggies as they're getting pretty huge, hopefully gonna keep them under 30'' Ill post some pics once they dry off

Just watered again today, the 4th time this week... Planning on transplanting tomorrow into 3 gal pots. Plants seem to have had too much nitrogen as the tips were a very dark green and started to curl down a bit, so i backed off a little on the nutrients, and hopefully they will snap back to perfect :tokin:

Heres the new canopy! :Rasta:

IMG_20101220_194900.jpg

IMG_20101220_194851.jpg

and the 'Claw" awkwardly bending its curled leaves back up, along with new growth!

IMG_20101218_034210.jpg

:peacetwo:

looks like your doing pretty well, my single super lemon haze seed has just popped up out the soil, ill be adding some pics of her and my other babies to my journal tomorrow. Ill be watching and probably following suit with you as it may give me a look into my very near future!

looks like your doing pretty well, my single super lemon haze seed has just popped up out the soil, ill be adding some pics of her and my other babies to my journal tomorrow. Ill be watching and probably following suit with you as it may give me a look into my very near future!

Thanks Blazin! :Rasta:

It seems to be a pretty easy to control strain so far, though i grew them from clones, they were pretty sick and i was able to save them with just dirt and tap water. Word is the bud is supposed to be LEGENDARY so lets hope! :yummy:

Thanks Blazin! :Rasta:

It seems to be a pretty easy to control strain so far, though i grew them from clones, they were pretty sick and i was able to save them with just dirt and tap water. Word is the bud is supposed to be LEGENDARY so lets hope! :yummy:

ya thats what i keep reading as well, seems to be however, that the yield is not near as exceptional as the quality, i want to find a way to pump out a bunch of it at the same time.

Doesnt seem as if a sog will do much good considering the big stretch whilst entering bud. Maybe tho, it would be an idea to just do a bunch considering all the room needed to account for would be the cola itself.

Maybe ill grow a huge mom and take multiple clones and dedicate one of my lights to a small sog. Ah who knows i have so many ideas and only so much space and money lol

ya thats what i keep reading as well, seems to be however, that the yield is not near as exceptional as the quality, i want to find a way to pump out a bunch of it at the same time.

Doesnt seem as if a sog will do much good considering the big stretch whilst entering bud. Maybe tho, it would be an idea to just do a bunch considering all the room needed to account for would be the cola itself.

Maybe ill grow a huge mom and take multiple clones and dedicate one of my lights to a small sog. Ah who knows i have so many ideas and only so much space and money lol

haha the things we would do if we could! I supercropped mine at the beginning of this week at about 7 inches and the branching has reached out to to past 15 inches already. Im thinking of doing a scrog because i can see the weight of the horizontal growth is making them tip over a little. Hopefully the stretch covers all the budsites and and makes at least a few massive colas! :tokin:

Sorry for the delay, New Years came along!!! :slide: Happy New Years everyone!

So, on the 20th, i transplanted 5 of the clones into 4.5 gal pots, 1 i left in its smaller pot as i ran out of soil, and he was the straggler. I plan on vegging him for longer than the others under a cfl. The plants took the transplant well, and i applied AN's nutrient tea at 3/4th strength and they showed no signs of trouble. Once the plants were ok, i had to rebuild their room, which is now approximately 5.5 ft tall, 3.75 ft wide and 2.75 ft deep. I also re-oriented the light and the rack i had them hanging on and purchased chains to help with lowering and raising the light. By having used pvc, it was fairly simple to rebuild the room, and for my next grow i plan on building my own (better of course) bag around it.

IMG_20101222_082555.jpg

On the 22nd, i drenched them and left them for 6 days :adore:

Boy ive never prayed that hard that it would keep raining here in cali and keep the humidity up so they didn't die. Luckily they were all fine, other than what seemed to be a little bit of stretch and a couple older leaves that had some browning on them right on the roots. Im thinking it was a lack of water combined with very cold temperatures? (60 deg.) anyone have any other ideas? all the other leaves are beautiful, and no more have turned brown at all

IMG_20101231_072405.jpg

IMG_20101231_072356.jpg

IMG_20101231_072315.jpg

IMG_20101231_072512.jpg

Once i returned, I once again left for 2 days and went up into Mendocino county and saw some of the most beautiful medicine ive ever seen:woohoo::eek:fftopic: heres a few pics of the most beautiful drive ive ever taken

IMG_20101228_0844021.jpg

IMG_20101229_1205391.jpg

IMG_20101229_1031061.jpg

IMG_20101229_0932541.jpg

Anyway :focus: once i got back i trimmed the leaves with damage, and applied Fox Farms Grow Big, and Big Bloom at full strength along with AN's nutrient tea at half strength. I got them in San Fran for something like 10 bucks each, ridiculous! I wish prices for everything in So cal were as cheap as up north...
IMG_20101229_204736.jpg

To combat temperature fluctuations more, ive also raised my pots off of the ground by about 4 inches using old boxes and have seen a 10 degree increase in my minimum temperatures, leaving me at about 74 at both the root level and the canopy level. I plan on purchasing 2 CFL's to supplement during flowering, and to penetrate into the canopy, any suggestions??

And here is the canopy as of yesterday!! :peace:

IMG_20101231_093611.jpg

So i woke up today and realized that these plants are already fighting for light and are cramming their branches into one another, so im thinking of taking the 2 smaller ones out and putting them under a cfl 24x7. The smallest of the 2 is root bound i think and has started to yellow all over, even with nutrients...But on the bright side, the one that used to be the 'claw' now has the largest stem of them all.

Also, ive noticed on 3 of the larger plants the roots have already started to grow out the bottom of the new containers!!
IMG_20110101_184806.jpg

Now that ive been back and have modified their area, the new nodes are sooooooo much closer together at the tops of each branch that theyre actually making some of them fall to the side a bit above the large sections of stretch above where i topped.

is this normal from topping???

or did the plants stretch because of the conditions, and now that theyre more optimal, the nodes have started bunching and its gonna make the tops fall over? Sorry if i sound retarded, but its pretty extreme on some of them and some of the new nodes have tipped and are growing horizontally.

IMG_20110102_091411.jpg

IMG_20110102_091344.jpg

IMG_20110102_091333.jpg

should i flower them sooner? clones were transplanted ~ Dec 3 so tomorrow marks 1 month of veg. or should i flower later, and build something like a scrog to help support their weight?

Its my first grow so any opinions would be appreciated :thanks:

The leaves, check for PH, I had similar problems and noticed my PH was very acidic, about 5.
It doesn't look like cal mag problems at all but I strongly suggest checking your PH levels.

Just a Q, isn't the light a little too far away from the canopy?

Well had a couple of things happen the last few days... broke my phone/camera so those videos are now somewhere in digital heaven... Found out these ladies are going to have to move this week (i planned on flowering tomorrow) :( and they are infact super silver haze, not lemon at all soo from what ive heard, i could be looking at up to 14 weeks flower time....

anyway, the ladies have gotten too big, so i had to increase the size of their room to approx 4x4x5 and the 2 smaller ones are SHOVED in against the walls... had to optimize that led goodness :Rasta:. I plan on taking about 15-18 clones tomorrow before they move, any tips on getting more that take hold?

Im kind of nervous as this has been my first grow, and other than size problems ive had to take care of, ive had no problems at all, and would hate for them to die on their 7 hour trip -insert sad smiley- i know its an oxymoron but come on haha gotta convey my sadness somehow

Hi krillerkoala

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom