Shining Silver Haze - Scrog Grow - 600W - Soil

After looking at the photos I just posted again the repair isn't as clear as I thought I will take a better one soon I would t say it's 100% healed yet so will wait until its stable enough to move for a better shot hopefully this will help other like the thread I had read helped me

OK so you have a few choices me thinks! The first one would be to lift each pot and drop it into a bigger wicking res, (just a pot without drainage filled with perlite to a cpl of inches) it becomes a mini res for feeding and your water uptake roots will spread into the perlite. This takes the edge off becoming root bound.
Secondly don't stress as you can do wonders with small pots! Honestly these plants will go to daft lengths to do well for ya ;) so chill as I think your gonna be fine, yet next time, bigger roots for bigger fruit :)

Thanks alot light addict I had concidered similar routes even to the extent of cutting my existing pots bottoms off rather then letting the roots struggle through drainage holes. If I got some one to help me lift the pots at once my net can actually slide upwards to create bigger space underneath .... Il have a think do some research and keep you guys posted. Thanks again for your input really appreciated !!!
And your right it's a versatile plant with great capability I guess I'm just panicked as so far from what I can tell they seem to be doing really well! I upped the nutes this morning (still am under Dutch pros suggested maximum safe dosage)
One thing I can't figure and maybe you guys can help with is do I continue to use bloom part A+B once explodes introduced or just the explode .. The Dutch pro nute chart shows them overlapping and all the stuff on here or other sites conflict with each other thanks again guys

cd:peace:gg

I thought I had sub'd up. I know I was here once before. Had to come looking for you again. Sub'd now.

Looking good Cdogg. LA got you covered on pot options. You might need to feed more often along with the watering.

I would like to address one thing, a pet peeve you stumbled on. Pot size/naming convention.Your 3 gallon pots are not 3 gallon. And 5's are not 5 gallon etc. I'm not sure where/when the somewhat ambiguous 'gallon' measurement became the gold standard by which pots are measured/referred. The true designation is a #3 for your pots. #1, #2, #3, #5...etc. Growers all over are shortchanging themselves thinking they are growing in more media than they are.

As noobs I suggest you use the proper naming convention and stop passing along incorrect info to future generations. Maybe one day the madness will stop.

Funny thing is those that measure their success by grams/oz's harvested per 'gallon' of soil are all screwed up in their #'s and are shorting themselves.

I'm not giving you a 'tongue lashing' or anything of the sort. Just a vent/education.

Looking good, mate!

:high-five:

I think some where in this journal I put that I thought they were 3 gallon then after an inspection turned out they were 11litre/ which equates to 2.4 gal. Minus the fact I didn't fill to brim probably means I'm growing in more like 1.8/2gal of medium.
I never think any ones comments are anything but useful as so many varied opinions and trials have produced ever better grows and options to suit growers. So thank you heirloom
As for yield of course I want a great yield but if I'm honest and as you can see on my bio I don't smoke it's more a personal test to see how well I can do a lot of my friends smoke so they will be the judge on quality as I will be giving them any final yield I do get.
I'm all about trying to improve and learn and the kodos I will get from them :) so big pots small pots it's only round one haha final amount won't effect me just give me a measure of where to go from there

Thanks again guys and thanks for subscribing
cd:peace:gg

Lol yep I love pushing small pots for max fun! Its far more challenging and keeps me from getting bored :)

As for your feeding sorry never used it :)
I get burned, I end up watering every other day in a #3. Now showing root bound spots on leaves too.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Ok so here's a quick update few random
Photos to show a bit more of my set up and also I've finally taken a few pictures without magnetic ballast running so you can see the condition of my girls without colour distortions or lines across ...

image9702.jpeg
image9703.jpeg

These are the only additives I use seems to be going well plants look healthy

Carbon filter sock started pure white is now discoloured I'm not sure what it's extracting to do this after 10 weeks but it shows its sucking Somthing out I guess haha

image9704.jpeg

This is the greenhouse heat bar I have set up with and independent thermostat to control temperature inside my tent

Now finally the good bit. As I've noted I've had no real issues or nute burns etc I think down to me trying to keep everything running as well as I can which is I turn from info you wonderful people provide !
I took some photos with just a CFL on so the condition of my plants is clear to see as normally the colour is distorted by my ballast

image9705.jpeg
image9706.jpeg
image9707.jpeg
image9708.jpeg
image9709.jpeg

Thanks for viewing

Hey again its me ... looking fantastic bro, nice to see everything is going smoothly for you i have more than certainly subscribed and i will be keeping track on it im only in 5 days at the moment, ive noticed with mine i might run out of a little room height wise so im lowering my table a meter just in case once the sun comes out so i can place them on the windowsill to enjoy some of mother natures finest lighting. you said the smell started around week 2, how bad was it im not sure if your doing it in a garage in your attic or something but obviously i dont want my house stinking as no one other than this website knows im growing. also you said your 2.5inch holes require a lot of tucking, did you have any major problems as you know were both cool and im using the same line for it.

Very nice setup, looks very clean. Flower's are doing well too. I like your Dutch A & B grow and bloom. Keeping it easy and clean are good traits to have when you grow.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Looking great bud! I might have to snap a few pictures after lights go out tonight. :thumb:

Do it Nismo your grows looking so good and is a pretty good point of reference for me as we are using similar techniques and are a few days apart ! My girls are frosting up a treat ! I will give it a few days for my next pics so there's a decent amount of progress to share.

Do it Nismo your grows looking so good and is a pretty good point of reference for me as we are using similar techniques and are a few days apart ! My girls are frosting up a treat ! I will give it a few days for my next pics so there's a decent amount of progress to share.
Lights go out in an hour. I'll have an update later tonight on both of my journals. Seeing yours is like a sneak preview. :woohoo:

Hey again its me ... looking fantastic bro, nice to see everything is going smoothly for you i have more than certainly subscribed and i will be keeping track on it im only in 5 days at the moment, ive noticed with mine i might run out of a little room height wise so im lowering my table a meter just in case once the sun comes out so i can place them on the windowsill to enjoy some of mother natures finest lighting. you said the smell started around week 2, how bad was it im not sure if your doing it in a garage in your attic or something but obviously i dont want my house stinking as no one other than this website knows im growing. also you said your 2.5inch holes require a lot of tucking, did you have any major problems as you know were both cool and im using the same line for it.

Hi mr Paul I'd suggest taking your squares to at least 5cm square as opposed to 2.5 like I used ! It's worked but as my journal shows not without its dangers I've snapped three tops through tucking the latest quite recently managed to repaire them all ... Small holes make the tucking process too difficult and if I scrog again il most certainly go bigger! The smell is only slight early on it isn't strong enough to leave the room ... I'm set up in a grow tent in my cellar. Smell is strain dependant to be honest so you may be safe for a few weeks. Some doesn't smell much before flower at all. If you decide to order seeds maybe Somthing you can take into consideration when checking out strain traits ... As regards to hight look into LST there are many ways to control plant hight whilst even increasing yield ... My plants stand no more then 70-80cm from floor to top (approx) obviously your planning a scrog but look into topping it's worked wonders for creating more bud sites for me whilst keeping my girls short and bushy

MRPaul my last white widow stunk to high heaven towards the end of veg and start of flower. Towards mid/end of flower the stank reduced and got a lovely earthy smell.

A friend of mine who loves to smoke had three separate bags with him today

Pineapple kush
Cheese
Amnesia haze

It amazes me at the complete difference in smell between them ! The pineapple smelt so sweet it even nearly converted me into a smoker :blunt:
And the cheese well Christ it was strong lol such a great plant so many interesting factors to growing it and the final product !!

Back
Top Bottom