Colloidal silver no pollen

Hay Celt I just found your journal. Mind if I take a seat this is Very interesting, I just skimmed through but I will give it another going over so I understand what going on. I want to breed and make seeds so Very good info Thanks

I have purchased 50 seeds from pevgrow seed store and I've had roughly 9 germinate successfully. Was sold immature seeds which came in genuine delicious seeds packaging but just failed to sprout. They cracked but just stopped straight away. Not having much luck aquiring a nice hardy strain that breeds well and grows well outdoors. I find the European strains have been weakened by generational indoor breeding and climatisation without fluctuation as it happens in the wild.

I have purchased 50 seeds from pevgrow seed store and I've had roughly 9 germinate successfully. Was sold immature seeds which came in genuine delicious seeds packaging but just failed to sprout. They cracked but just stopped straight away. Not having much luck aquiring a nice hardy strain that breeds well and grows well outdoors. I find the European strains have been weakened by generational indoor breeding and climatisation without fluctuation as it happens in the wild.

Disagree

Pre mature seeds are a breeder issue not strains
Many growers do fantastic outdoors with no isdues

Yes pure landrace don't exist...but many many many great strains out there if u buy from reputable seed banks

Check the sponsor here... Seedsman is my go to bank

Disagree

Pre mature seeds are a breeder issue not strains
Many growers do fantastic outdoors with no isdues

Yes pure landrace don't exist...but many many many great strains out there if u buy from reputable seed banks

Check the sponsor here... Seedsman is my go to bank
I'm aware that the premature seeds is a breeder issue. Although only 20 seeds were immature (sugar black rose) the other strains were mixed between very healthy seeds and some more immature seeds. Different seed banks also. And they do the same thing. Just crack and stall.

Ok, kinda figured.

There are many good strains that do well there, but not really knowing the climate where you are, hard to say what to recommend.
I found sugar black rose is a hardy strain. I have 5 in my back yard. These are the ones I'm trying to recover by feminised breeding.
I was also hoping to cross that sugar rose pollen over my Australian land race strain and breed something unimaginable. But the pollen issue is crippling :/

Then I'd venture to say it's your process as much as seeds....

Least that's my experience
I'm following the exact recommended procedure by the seed company. Have been growing for 15 years and never had a worry germinating Australian bred seeds. It's definitely not my process I guarantee it. And also I am thinking maybe there are a lot of very old seeds in stock of certain strains at the moment
There are so many possibilities. Germinating is so easy I've never had a problem. Our seeds in Australia would germinate in rock hard soil barely watered. Australian genetics are second to none when it comes to durability and resilience

Ya sometimes old Mother Nature is a bitch and doesn’t wanna play lol

I know Bomb Seeds is no longer a sponsor here but they have some great strains that do well outside, and you can buy direct from them. Something I prefer to do when I can.

Ya sometimes old Mother Nature is a bitch and doesn’t wanna play lol

I know Bomb Seeds is no longer a sponsor here but they have some great strains that do well outside, and you can buy direct from them. Something I prefer to do when I can.
I'll look into that thank you

after a lot of hit and miss experiences using CS, I’ve switched over to using STS and am now getting seeds.
I had the same experience- thousands of flower pods and no pollen. Many people have had the same issue. I’ve tried a bunch of different spraying regimens and didn’t come to any worthwhile conclusions. Sometimes CS did work fine for me, other times not. Some people have speculated that some strains react better to it than others. I don’t know...
Another idea was that maybe I just need to spray a lot more. Like several times a day for 4 weeks type thing. Soraying a bunch more didn’t seem to work for me, but maybe worth another try.
In any case the STS is working. Two separate ingredients to order, cheap and easily found online. A small mixing recipe to follow, but otherwise fairly painless.

Back
Top Bottom