Completely Organic Homemade Insecticide

you are welcome. Gfc & thank you for the super-reply.

I plugged your threads for my friends to check out :nicethread:'s. I had to mention them in my reply to your recent,:rofl: post in my yard.

I wouldn't want to go back to the past and read 300 pages either, I post tons of pics, you could see what's transpired just w the pics.

I will reply to your post above, tomorrow, I can't thank you enough for the detailed response,(REPS given) :circle-of-love:

I'm glad I found you :high-five:

UpDate!!

So the Baby Elder has pushed through, its got a bunch of new growth on top, and has no signs of any mites.

i will be taking pictures tonight/tomorrow morning and posting them in the Pictures link in my signature.

i took this plant out of clone dome early, took it out of tent early, and it got hit with mites outside And still looks amazing. Elderberry is truly a great plant. may be cloning some more in the near future. takes about 2-3 times as long as regular cloning.

I&i

Update : pictures of baby elder and the damaged broccoli from the caterpillars are being posted to the Pictures section in my signature.

Baby Elder (has shown no signs of baby mites or any mites for days and has new growth taking off on top)
Broccoli (you can see all the damaged leaves, since the spray we have not found one caterpillar on the plants at all)

both were cured with only the Organic homemade pepper spray.

I&i

thank you medfarmer!

ive made a more recent batch for the new grower buddy of mine, the two ladys i gave him are outdoors so hes going to be using the spray until flower (which should be any week now..)

now i have ordered some Essential oils of (thyme, sage, cinnamon, and a few others)
so these will be used in the next batch down the road when that time comes.

most recent batch was :
liter n half of water
6 habanera peppers
1 chopped up garlic clove
1 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 tsp of sage (dry leaf material)
1/2 teaspoon of peppermint dr bronners

outside using this spray the girls took of running from the area and my friend and i were wearing snowboarding goggles and bandannas over our face while outside and still couldnt stand being within 5 feet of his ladys. it was a atomic bomb, after it dried we seen many lil white pieces on his plant from the spray (was parts of garlic that broke off into small pieces) so this was rinsed off with a regular spray of water a few hours afterwards when the plant was approachable.

I&i

You gotta love killing them b***ards eh?

I forgot about the cinnamon which I also added. I wear long sleeves, gloves and a breathing mask. The gloves are the most important item I think because you know your hands are clean under there. If you don't wear gloves them end up rubbing your eye or somewhere else sensitive then you've had it lol.

honestly, no i hate going anywhere around any type of pests for fear of them being brought into my own gardens.. i strip outside when i go to other gardens before even entering my garden house. some times go as far as showering.

but i was showing him how effective the spray is on humans and explaining how it effects the pests with exoskeletons, he had no pests. his concern is the rabbits that are "wild" in his area. i say wild in quotations because they are owned they just run the town rabid

this works on anything, deer, rabbits, birds, ect nothing likes this plant once the spray is on it for 24-48 hrs unless a heavy rainfall comes. always change it up though, never make same spray twice

I&i

Boiled Lemon and Garlic has never failed me, just a few applications can knock them out plus you dont have to worry about poisoning your product.

lemon and garlic sound like a nice blend. i agree about not poisoning your product, thats why i insisted on the old recipe my grandma use to use in her veggie garden.

this morning i made a batch with apple vinegar and habaneras with a dash of cinnamon
its like a spicy apple pie haha

I&i

the best thing with using herbs, fruits, veggies, and essential oils is you almost can not over do it. you can easily under do your ingredients but the only thing you have to really watch out for is adding to much soap to your spray. ive never used any spray product when flowers were well developed so i would love to know how it goes for you! thanks medfarmer

i would have to say if i were to do lemons and garlic i would replace my habaneras with lemons (so 4-6 lemons sliced up) and (1-2) full garlic cloves, pressed and broken. per liter of water. would also cook on 2-3 on stove for around 30 min and let it cool to room temp before use.

ill be making this spray just to compare the after math effects, when i use the pepper spray the rooms are un-breathable the entire area actually becomes unpleasant but the bugs dont like that either. i hope with the lemon and garlic that the air wont be so harsh but the bugs still wont enjoy the acids from the lemon. would love to know how you blend yours

I&i

i do like the smell of the lemon spray over the pepper spray :) not sure if it would be as effective as the habanera spray just due to the fact that if us humans cant stand the room they most likely cant as well. the volunteer that i made aware of the lemon spray (lives in apartment cant really use the pepper spray) made a laughing joke about it dripping on his hair and dying his hair blonde! hah, will let you know what the volunteer has to say after he has used it ;)

I&i

o how i hate those lil green goblins.. just watched a friend lose 3 of his tops due to these lil buggers. however his plant was still in veg so it just created more tops for him when he cut those ;)

making this spray for the caterpillars i would recommend using the habanera/cinnamon (oil if you can find it) another good oil to mix in with the spray is Rosemary oil.

the oils will stick to the plant better and last longer then powdered cinnamon that is 1/4 as strong as extracted oils. same reason why i use hole habaneras compared to dehydrated or bagged ones.

I&i

I have used the rosemary oil extract with only water and was very effective.

extracts are extremely strong and potent, fiance wants me to make her this extractor that she found in like a farmers almanac thing.. i just kinda shook my head at that ha, was to confusing for me. but extracts of lavender and other herbs are real expensive. i plan to try and make my own at some point, right now im growing the herbs then ill try the extractions around summer time.

what was your ratios used for rosemary extract with water?

I&i

After the heated mixture cools doo you filter out the solids before putting in a spray bottle? If you leave them in doesn't the spray head clog?

Yes.. if u go to my link in signature 'pictures of homemade insecticide' u will see my process. The pictures couldn't be on this thread since it didn't involve cannabis.

I&I

Edit : hope this helps you, turn all fans off and have skin and face well covered. It is pepper spray..

Back
Top Bottom