Compost tea for coco?

LIAB

Does anyone make a compost tea to enhance their nut formula? I'm thinking of adding chicken manure compost tea, but would like to hear if others have tried organics with coco and what were the results. Thanks

Does anyone make a compost tea to enhance their nut formula? I'm thinking of adding chicken manure compost tea, but would like to hear if others have tried organics with coco and what were the results. Thanks
Good morning @LIAB Hope everything is going well today.
I use Bokashi and Frass & Dazzel in my coco. F&D is insect frass mostly.
But you can make a tea from it too.
Microbes and Fungi do all the work for you.
Feed and care for your roots .
Fantastic stuff.
Then a molasses tea to keep them fed.
It's all in my Gorilla Glue clone thread in my sig.
If you have a coco journal tag me.
Happy growing

Stay safe
Bill

Interesting. Do you have a recipe for chicken manure compost tea? Or do you just have a lot of chicken poop? :laughtwo:

I sometimes make aerated compost tea for my plants, but not so much for the nutrients, especially macro-nutrients. I use it for the beneficial microbes, humic and fulvic acids, and micro-nutrients. My key ingredient is worm compost that I harvest from my worm bins. I might add some bat guano to the mixture to up the nitrogen, but typically will not add any other nutes. Aerated compost tea is the best way to make compost tea, which involves pumping air into airstones at the bottom of a 5 gal. bucket of pure, clean water with your compost in it. The bubbles need to be very fine. I brew this usually for about 48 hours, and during the last few hours I add a couple tablespoons of apple juice, for the sugar, which boosts the microbes. To harvest, I pour through pantyhose filters a couple times. The resultant tea is quite concentrated, and using a digital TDS pen (Total Dissolved Solids), I will dilute the mixture so that it's appropriate for either watering or foliar spray (foliar is more dilute). This kind of tea needs to be used right away – it doesn't keep for long. However, I understand that if you place it back in a clean bucket and continue aerating, it will keep for a while.

Back
Top Bottom