Concerned

Joro57

Just beginning week 6. The girls are looking strong but it worries me with at least two weeks to go, I'm seeing a good number of discoloration in the leaves. Turning yellow, pale green, etc. Only on fan leaves, none of the sugar leaves or bud area seem effected. I probably didn't prune/trim as much/most as others... 1st grow, just wanted to let the ladies have their way... lol.
sorry for the poor pic... took with flash on.
Currently, I've stopped nutes, thought about a flush with distilled water. Any thoughts or ideas?
Week 6_ Day 32 Flower 004.jpg
Week 6_ Day 32 Flower 003.jpg

The yellowing is normal late in flowering. Probably better to keep the nutes going. These next couple of weeks the buds will fatten up. And they need food for that. Nice plants what strain.
Mystery... rumor was gorilla glue...
I just chose Bodega... a.k.a. cellar/basement... lol, where it's coming from

It's looks like it might need a little N. I don't like that much yellow with at least 2 weeks to go.
Agree here, they aren’t bulky enough to be yellowing yet, they want more food.

I think she looks pretty good. Yellowing is normal.

Some strains do it more than others. There's a lot of leaves. They gonna burn off its the fade starting from what I see.

Just water more. What size container??

Some strains do it more than others. There's a lot of leaves. They gonna burn off its the fade starting from what I see.

Great branching and work on your girls. What grow medium are you in and neutriants are you using. If you do flush once to get any crap from root area I would start feeding right after they look hungry. And you will burn through your fan leaves If she doesn’t get fed soon. Just my humble opinion. There are more knowledgeable people here than me that can advise.

I agree that they could use a little more meat on their bones as well as some genetics fade sooner than others. My primary strain (mrs cough's every day med) mango by kc brains always yellows half way through flower even though she's on the same feed schedule as other strains growing inches away. By week 6 she's almost completely yellow! Yields are medium but the meds are what mrs cough loves and wants so more weird mango plants it is!

Great branching and work on your girls. What grow medium are you in and neutriants are you using. If you do flush once to get any crap from root area I would start feeding right after they look hungry. And you will burn through your fan leaves If she doesn’t get fed soon. Just my humble opinion. There are more knowledgeable people here than me that can advise.
soil... Fox Farm

they are 4 gal shrub containers
I noticed part of the Proven Winners name showing through the leaves on a container or two and figured a 3 or 4 gallon size.

Those are great containers, they should last 2 to 10 grows before the plastic starts to crack. Very similar to Knock Out rose pots; same sort of plastic. Well worth the cost for the containers since they are free. Just pick them up off the curb on trash day when landscape construction companies or homeowners toss them out.

I noticed part of the Proven Winners name showing through the leaves on a container or two and figured a 3 or 4 gallon size.

Those are great containers, they should last 2 to 10 grows before the plastic starts to crack. Very similar to Knock Out rose pots; same sort of plastic. Well worth the cost for the containers since they are free. Just pick them up off the curb on trash day when landscape construction companies or homeowners toss them out.
I read here somewhere that white containers let light through
and are therefore bad for the roots.

Agree here, they aren’t bulky enough to be yellowing yet, they want more food

Thank you.
As a first time grower, my previous advise turned out to most likely be the problem. After the great replies I've gotten from everyone, I would agree on the need for food. That "bad" advise equals to my ladies being deprived of nitrogen for couple of weeks!
Back on the "feed" that they should have been getting. Hopefully they recover.

i agree with near all the comments.

i would suggest the plants have more than a couple of weeks left till done

the fading is very uniform, and is certainly natural later in flower, but you are not yet 'later in flower' in my opinion

i agree with your thinking that they should be 'back on the feed'

and i would suggest you feed right till harvest

cheers and karma sent friend

Clear or very thin white plastic might be a problem. Many of the white landscape pots are not because the plastic is thick enough to stop sunlight from getting through. Some of the white landscape or gardening containers which are a thinner plastic are actually black plastic with white paint.

If a landscape contractor has to pay $30 (plus wages for the crew) for some shrub then he or she wants the plant to have good roots or else the customer will want their money back if the plant dies.

Over the past 3 years I have grown Rosemary, Oregano and Marijuana plants side by side in white and black plastic containers. Notice no difference in the growth, health, size or roots of any of the plants. Have not tried clear planting or gardening containers since I can't find any.

Thank you.
As a first time grower, my previous advise turned out to most likely be the problem. After the great replies I've gotten from everyone, I would agree on the need for food. That "bad" advise equals to my ladies being deprived of nitrogen for couple of weeks!
Back on the "feed" that they should have been getting. Hopefully they recover.
Your doing good keep loving them and they will reward you.
Take some pics and keep us updated on your garden.

Clear or very thin white plastic might be a problem. Many of the white landscape pots are not because the plastic is thick enough to stop sunlight from getting through. Some of the white landscape or gardening containers which are a thinner plastic are actually black plastic with white paint.

If a landscape contractor has to pay $30 (plus wages for the crew) for some shrub then he or she wants the plant to have good roots or else the customer will want their money back if the plant dies.

Over the past 3 years I have grown Rosemary, Oregano and Marijuana plants side by side in white and black plastic containers. Notice no difference in the growth, health, size or roots of any of the plants. Have not tried clear planting or gardening containers since I can't find any.
I’ve never tried white or clear plastic containers so I can’t tell you first hand. I can’t find where I read it here but the jist of it was roots prefer the dark and stay away from any light therefore not growing to their full potential.
I’m not saying your doing anything wrong just passing on info that might be useful to someone reading. Happy growing
brother.

Back
Top Bottom