Cr8grow’s Green Crack Auto Grow #4 2020

I start to put my buds in the turkey bags when the RH is around 68%. The rest of the drying and curing is done in the bags.
In order to bring the RH down you open the bag and pull it back and forth through the air to fill it up with room air. Then you close it fast so the turkey bag looks like a balloon filled with air.
I then burp it daily by emptying out all the air and filling it again. You need to have a hygrometer in there to measure the RH. Once it gets to 62% I exhaust the air and close it with no air at all. By this time you should be smelling the aroma and the cure is well under way.
Eventually my bags end up in airtight 5 gal pails, but you can transfer them to jars as well.

If you find that the RH goes up over 70% when you first start out then take the buds out of the bags and let them dry a bit more.

I start to put my buds in the turkey bags when the RH is around 68%. The rest of the drying and curing is done in the bags.
In order to bring the RH down you open the bag and pull it back and forth through the air to fill it up with room air. Then you close it fast so the turkey bag looks like a balloon filled with air.
I then burp it daily by emptying out all the air and filling it again. You need to have a hygrometer in there to measure the RH. Once it gets to 62% I exhaust the air and close it with no air at all. By this time you should be smelling the aroma and the cure is well under way.
Eventually my bags end up in airtight 5 gal pails, but you can transfer them to jars as well.

If you find that the RH goes up over 70% when you first start out then take the buds out of the bags and let them dry a bit more.
MrSauga, thanks for the turkey bag technique tips...will give it a go after trim later this week.

I’m a week behind here, have some time now to catch up. I will post a final dry and yields update in the next few days. Turns out my turkey bags were too big for my yields, so went back with my big glass jars. I opened up all this morning and will reseal in about 4 hours. All ranging 66 to 67 RH. I will break down and jar into half ozs at 59% humidity with a Boveda pack each. The Green Crack was a real pain to trim and it took longer to get to big jar dry than the Blueberry and the Cream Mandarine XL. Current estimate is yields will be a bit lower this no touch auto grow vs had I LST’d. Will know soon. A couple Green Crack trim pics...spread trimming of those 2 plants over 3 days.
8B2B7B09-CEA0-4733-9AD3-41429294D323.jpeg
D727FF4B-36E5-4472-B4CC-D28F0849CD32.jpeg

Turns out my turkey bags were too big for my yields, so went back with my big glass jars.
That shouldn't affect anything. It will dry quicker when dropping from 68-70% RH. Mine don't take up much space either. I also bought roasting bags for chickens, about half the size.
Next time cr8! By the looks of it you got where you needed to be anyhow. Nicely done.

Have you always trimmed after dry?
OOTD, I trim fan leaves right before chop, then hang plants whole to dry in my cabinet. No clip fans, just my 4” fan and filter running. At about 5 days when dry enough I break down and trim the buds and go into big glass jars with hygrometer. Two strains were right at 70% to start the cure and the Green Crack had to be spread out overnight a couple times before it got to 70%. After burping jars and curing to 58-60% I break down into half ozs with Boveda for storage in jars.

Cure has been low and slow...good. The Blueberry Auto and Cream Mandarine XL auto are basically there at 60% RH. I will weigh and take pics and do an smoke report when the Green Crack auto gets to 59 or 60%. That grass is...well grassier...dense small fans and sugar leaf. The GC is still at 67% with some hay smell remnants....will be at 60% next week. Just starting to smell a mango fruit back. Trimming the GC was a pain, but only my 4th grow so Im sure there will be other Sativa forward strains ahead. The GC has a lot of purple and the pistils all turned a nice red. Both GC plants are together in the middle cure jar. The Blueberry is on the left and the Cream Mandarine XL is on the right. Those two are over the top turpine bombs I attribute to doubling up on the Budswel in flower. Tester bud is CMXL auto, small and it is more potent than my last CMXL auto grow...also excellent. Yield update next week.
198413A2-BE2A-49AE-A8DA-7FF5C79DAE73.jpeg
7B51128D-DC86-4D0A-83F8-863226E7BC21.jpeg
8F862256-F11E-42E6-B5AE-94BDDD35F9A0.jpeg

Nice quick haul there cr8. I checked out that budswel. Looks like most of whats in my soil as a dry amendment and could be a good finisher when its exhausted whats available.

I did finally get some of those little hygrometers

Way too busy with work at the start of the year...I guess a good problem. And the winner is...LST vs no-touch grow for yields. After 3 weeks of slow dry hanging and then burping in glass jars brought RH down to 59%. The two Green Crack Auto plants yielded 80 grams total dried trimmed buds. The control plant was a Cream Mandarine XL Auto since I grew out four last grow. CMXL no-touch yielded 44 grams dried trimmed buds, compared to my average CMXL yield last grow at 64 grams per plant. That’s a 30% decrease. The freebie Blueberry Auto yielded 47 grams. There were a few additional grams in total pulled as testers pre-weigh in. All told a little over 6 ozs. total. Waiting on some seeds. Next grow #5 will likely be a fem photo with LST. We also yielded about a tablespoon of kief that was pressed today into shoe hash...it is very nice. Pics are of the CMXL and kief pile and shoe hash tonight. The Green Crack is potent euphoric and up and long lasting...just lacking any strong terpene smells at this point. It is covered in red hairs and smokes nice and smooth. The Blueberry is 100% blueberry muffins tinged in purple and dense very frosty buds...most excellent body buzz and sleep aid. The CMXL from my own seed was fast at 8 weeks from sprout. Frostier and more pronounced lemon cleaner smell. Doubling up on Budswel is my new approach in full flower. All organic meds. Thanks for checking out my Grow #4 end of week 14 dry buds from sprout.
84CC8AC3-15D1-41B9-BF64-45890F600ABE.jpeg
A1F0D5DC-B79D-4026-94BF-2D46216E01CC.jpeg
A02241D3-07E8-4950-86D8-DD0962FDD072.jpeg
B728FB14-E13C-4E5E-BF82-79C8A4069866.jpeg

Right on my Braddah! I agree with you I like to train and lst. Looking forward to grow number 5! Hope you are getting some rest amidst all the busyness my friend! Aloha!
:passitleft:

Looking good! Awesome job Cr8! Nice comparison of the increased yield the LST can provide. Something I will likely do to all of my autos going forward.

I also really need to get one of those trim trays
CigNv...thanks...now I know LST is the way to go for my grow style. Also realized yesterday was week 14, so entire dry from chop was 4 weeks, not 3.

Right on my Braddah! I agree with you I like to train and lst. Looking forward to grow number 5! Hope you are getting some rest amidst all the busyness my friend! Aloha!
:passitleft:
Sunny...hope all is well there. Two replacement seed orders from two different seed banks both arrived yesterday. I got a few autos that look very nice, so may go auto again Grow #5. I will send you a note when I start that journal. Realized slow dry was 4 weeks not 3. The Blueberry and CMXL are both top shelf. The Green Crack effects are nice and covered in red hairs, but no strong terpene smell at this point. Enjoy the weekend with the family.

Preview to Grow #5...I had 2 shipments from 2 seed banks never show. Both sent replacement shipments spaced about a month apart and both showed up yesterday. What? Thanks for the great customer service from both. I was like Ralphie at the mailbox every day and then Christmas again on January 15th. First pic is of the seeds that arrived yesterday and shot 2 with all of my seeds. The little jars are bag seeds or my own few in house seeds. I put together a little short list and decided on another auto, Nirvana Original Glue Auto...will be super frosty organic in 8-9 weeks from sprout. My first grow was Nirvana Girl Scout Cookies fem photo...excellent genetics and learned a lot. I will launch Grow #5 real soon.
C0E4CF5E-579B-4055-A744-52AD7C2A2395.jpeg
EB85A960-9A85-46E7-BF08-C70559FEECB3.jpeg
C006B292-831D-4C87-BB15-3084E8C4AADA.jpeg

Nice selection Cr8! Love collecting seeds and having so many different options to choose from.

Are you going to give the CMH315 another run? Or are you going to give the LED you have kicking about a shot?

Looking forward to watching another one of you grows. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom