Cr8grow’s Cream Mandarine XL Auto Journal #3 2020

They look great my friend!
Sunny...buds are bulking...the calyxes looking to be puffy...I love pulling off one flower for a hit...like a fat Jack Herer or GG. I think the next few weeks will be very interesting...how thick will they get? Guano will make them sweet. I am seeing purple with 64F every night...these are robust plants. I think there will be some major purple buddage.

I’m looking forward to seeing what you think of the smoke. I did a smoke report on it in my other thread. It’s really good and strong weed

All in all the plants have bulked up nicely. I do believe there has been a deficiency. It is normal for the lowers to change but there's too many at that stage of growth, and it happened overnight. I'm also not familiar with those nutes but you did mention you thought you overfed them earlier when you noticed the tip burn.
Normally nute burn is caused by excess N. Your leaves don't show that. They show a lack of N. So it leads me to believe you have too much of something else such as P or K. Could even be Ca and/or Mg. I think you need to get more N in her and reduce the bloom nutes a bit. The calmag has no N in it and unless your nute line is lacking Ca and Mg I would stop using that for now. You do need to get some N in her diet though.

Disregard those yellowing leaves for a moment and look at the fan leaves at the upper 1/3 of the plant. They are thriving and praying up to the light. Couldn't be more healthy and happy. I was taught that if a fan leaf looks ready to be removed from the plant it is acceptable to touch it lightly with only one finger. If it falls off okay. But I now gather them either off the floor of the tent or off of branches where they have fallen. I want to the plant to use up 100% of the energy those fan leaves have to offer.

Great looking plants!
Thanks beez...Ive never lollypopped a plant, they may all look like I did in a few more weeks.

All in all the plants have bulked up nicely. I do believe there has been a deficiency. It is normal for the lowers to change but there's too many at that stage of growth, and it happened overnight. I'm also not familiar with those nutes but you did mention you thought you overfed them earlier when you noticed the tip burn.
Normally nute burn is caused by excess N. Your leaves don't show that. They show a lack of N. So it leads me to believe you have too much of something else such as P or K. Could even be Ca and/or Mg. I think you need to get more N in her and reduce the bloom nutes a bit. The calmag has no N in it and unless your nute line is lacking Ca and Mg I would stop using that for now. You do need to get some N in her diet though.
MrSauga...Im happy to have found your final journal and now linked in with you and many of your compadres that know how to grow and have fun. I will ride this one out to see if my organic soil approach will work for these autos. Im a new grower, this is my third grow and first auto. Kind of using this to decide if I go back to fem photos or follow @Sunnyskies auto assortment 1pounder-fest. My organic nutes are Biocanna BioVega 3-1-5...plants love it and stay amazing through veg...pretty mild. Then Biocanna BioFlores 2-2-5, also pretty mild. I also add Budswel organic guano. Ive heard dont add N when in flower and I see many pumping MC etc. until the end. Curious why you think I should eliminate organic calmag since my light is very intense in my 3x3. Im seeing fall colors also overnight. Time will tell...a few more weeks. The little one has knobs and will be a spike this year. Loving SUMMER. Cheers.

FE3B7F22-D892-4306-8856-33771665A007.jpeg

Well a long week...found Willy Wonka on tv :bongrip:A call back to my last Corleone Kush grow that tested my patience at 6 weeks veg and 10 weeks flower. I cracked open a cured 1/2 oz jar and its special. This one is pheno 2D (my label) super fruit. I like it came out of the jar as a brick. The light in the garage doesn't match a sunlight shot. I laid these buds up in June. Back to Willy.

DC35DD14-EA9E-42BE-BA21-D32F7830CB74.jpeg
5DC61F62-FC29-45B9-81F9-45301E339BB6.jpeg
F1709CC2-E4C6-4D71-8305-D573337156F1.jpeg
F22FB1A7-F6F5-4A19-9BE1-DD35B1678A26.jpeg

Killer buds my friend! Are you using a frisbee for a rolling tray? :laugh:
:bravo:

Curious why you think I should eliminate organic calmag since my light is very intense in my 3x3.
Plants do require N through flower. Cutting the N out reduces part of the building blocks that make those beautiful buds.
Nitrogen is vital because it is a major component of chlorophyll, the compound by which plants use sunlight energy to produce sugars from water and carbon dioxide (i.e., photosynthesis). It is also a major component of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. Without proteins, plants wither and die.

I suggested to remove the calmag because your veg nutes would have Ca and Mg in it. By reducing or eliminating the veg nute you have basically dropped out the required micro nutrients as well.
I wouldn't change anything now since you're close to finishing but something to keep in mind for your future grows.
Hope that explains things better.

Morning cr8...what one do you like better? GSC, or the Corleone? Both great strains!
LandoC, Great question. The GSC was my first grow and was perfect medicine...got 3 phenos. I will grow GSC again for sure. The Corleone Kush was grown for sleep...it yielded 4 phenos with one the knockout I was seeking. The others are super fruity and fine for daytime if you dont overdo it. I have to pick one it will be the Corleone Kush, pretty special.

Plants do require N through flower. Cutting the N out reduces part of the building blocks that make those beautiful buds.
Nitrogen is vital because it is a major component of chlorophyll, the compound by which plants use sunlight energy to produce sugars from water and carbon dioxide (i.e., photosynthesis). It is also a major component of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. Without proteins, plants wither and die.

I suggested to remove the calmag because your veg nutes would have Ca and Mg in it. By reducing or eliminating the veg nute you have basically dropped out the required micro nutrients as well.
I wouldn't change anything now since you're close to finishing but something to keep in mind for your future grows.
Hope that explains things better.
MrSauga...thanks...definitely helpful.

Week 7 from sprout winding down in a couple days. Oddly I did get some more hight stretch an the tallest plant/bud..raised the light to 24” off that bud tip. Today was water day and they are picking up a bit on water usage...probably will water third day instead of the usual 4th day. Picked off about 20 fans total...only if the fell off in my hand. The buds are continuing to bulk and frost up. Greener fans are going fall purple...the passive intake drops the box to 62-64 F nightly. Should be looking at 2-3 More weeks if they go 9 or 10 weeks total...breeder says 9 which looks about right. I will start scoping the end of week 8. Several shots from today.

611666EB-7645-40C7-A80A-C457E1CEE58E.jpeg
28E61826-5C4A-4A8B-9E76-ED9551E84851.jpeg
6EF57E65-49B3-487B-9C40-AD62BA83644B.jpeg
897B4962-5C69-456C-A51F-9BD8B207D30C.jpeg

Day 49, end of week 7 from sprout. Buds are continuing to swell, seeing some purple coloration starting due to 64F cabinet nights. Fans consumption on the two squat plants has slowed down. The two taller show more sativa forward leaf structure and less fan consumption, also showing some pistils changing up top. Smell is loud and unique. Should be another two weeks or so...will start scoping tops next week.

77DA88B0-7920-4529-96F2-B3918A2132E2.jpeg
90E3AAF4-8ACE-4C08-A7DB-2F287BF53B0C.jpeg
E81EDFB7-FAFF-4F6C-B8A3-A6324A5F6AC2.jpeg
38A5B9FB-75E7-427F-A9BF-1ABA6C559312.jpeg
55CF8F97-9D6F-40A5-8A6B-C873577897A8.jpeg
EFE076B3-5D82-4D54-A0DB-3FF384681CFC.jpeg
3CC96FD5-1B99-4E70-B3E3-6D40196D14DF.jpeg
3B54815B-9196-4ACD-BC02-4D7179EDE73A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom