Crossing Malawi Gold, Strawberry Diesel, Banana Crack, Early Durban, Hindu Kush

And South African Kwazulu is something that should already be widespread, there are 2 Companies that have versions of it, but both are hardly grown. The other one is called "Drakensberg" because that is where it is from. But it already has a pretty good growing structure, and grows quickly, and is a short Flowering African Strain. THCv content is probably comparable to Durban (no record online for South African Kwazulu), but it has a good sstructure and speed for Dispensaries already. Adding Malawi to it should be interesting.

Ok, so I am using Molasses and Bud Candy, but someone else said use Guinness for Carbs, but I am not sure that is the right kind of Carbs, has anyone heard of that before? Also, that made me think about it, so I went and looked up what Liquids have the most Carbs, and apparently Cocoa Powder, like Hot Chocolate Mix, is 75% Carbs. And I have like a bag of Cocoa Powder with no sugar, just Cocoa, so I am going to add some to the top of the soil of the plants, and maybe it will seep in during the end of flower and add some kind of Carbs with the Molasses and Bud Candy, and see what happens.

I just want to point this out because I am not sure if anyone in the World is, but I like the South African Kwazulu growing structure. I was just looking at it again, and for some reason it has gotten even harder to get a good shot with the lights on, like the plants are reflecting more light or something and won't let the camera get a good image.

But I was just looking at them real quick and about to take pictures (I will make a video when the lights go out instead); and I noticed something.

My very very first indoor grow was with Bagseed from Mexican Brick Weed, that was actually pretty good weed apart from the fact that it had a bunch of seeds, and was in a brick. It was bright green, and had orange hairs and everything. Just in a brick.

And I grew 2 plants from those seeds the first time I grew indoors. And I got 2 completely different plants (I had like 3000 seeds from various Quarter Pounds of this bud, so they were most likely very different genetics). And the South African Kwazulu looks a lot like one of those plants.

One of them was kind of tall and lanky, stereotypical Sativa. But the other one was more compact, had stiff White Hairs, bright bright green bud, and kind of a series of Pyramid structures that make up the shape of its buds, like a cluster of pyramids, with stiff white hairs sticking out of the tops.

And that is what the South African Kwazulu is looking like.

And btw, if anyone needs breeding info, it took 6 pages to get to Pollination (posted yesterday), but there is Breeding information throughout this entire thread. The very first post explains some things.

And now that I have Pollinated those plants, here is what is next.

In about 23 Days, I will start to Harvest (around Dec 8th they will all be coming down). And then the Malawi Gold should take a little longer, so what I will do is start chopping the top branches off the non-Malawi plants, then once all the top branches are chopped, I will move all the lights down for about a Week so that the bottom branches can all finish, and I will put any lights that are not over a plant closer to the Malawi, so the Malawi can get a bunch of light. Then I will put the harvested buds in a mesh rack hanging in the tent.

And a few weeks later, the Malawi should be done. And I will start growing the Girl Scout Cookies, Purple Bud and maybe a few of the same strains again as clones (I have a Strawberry Diesel and a South African Kwazulu from the plants that are flowering now). I will move those into the 10 Gallon buckets out of their 2 Gallon buckets, and let them veg for 2-4 Weeks. Flower those, and I have a Malawi Male I may Pollinate those with.

But during that flower, I will be vegging the seeds from this current grow. So while the Purple Bud and Girl Scout Cookies are Flowering, I will be germinating and growing seeds from the Strawberry Diesel X Malawi and Danky Kong X Malawi, etc. So once the Purple Bud and Girl Scout Cookies are harvested, I will start flowering the new Crosses. And during that time the Other Strain that I am keeping secret should be here, and I should be vegging it with the seeds from this Current Grow.

And btw, I am going to get some pictures of these plants before they were put into the 10 Gallon buckets.

The biggest one was the Hindu Kush, they were all growing in Apple Juice containers, and they were all about 1 ft tall. None of them really had any branching going on. I had been topping them, so they had a bunch of tops, but it was really hard to tell how many there were because they were so close together, and the plants were so small. But some of them had been cut over and over to the point where they had almost or over 20 tops (the 1 Strawberry Strains), and others had 16 and 8.

But once I put those in the 10 Gallon Containers, and let them Veg in those containers for only 2 Weeks, they exploded. And they still weren't even really a great size when I switched to flower. But now, everything but the Banana Crack completely shot up, bushed out, and got big. Every single one.

Probably from being allowed to just sit and grow in the Apple Juice containers for so long. I was waiting to set up this flower tent, so they were just kind of waiting for a while. And this time I will be doing the same thing while I am waiting for the Malawi to finish up.

But I'll get some pictures, because it is a dramatic difference in size from the day I put them in this tent until now. They were all about 1 ft tall when they went in there, and had basically no branches.

Strawberry Diesel in Applejuice container before Transplant to flower tent
IMG_275522.JPG

Hindu Kush
IMG_275320.JPG

Strawberry Stardawg
IMG_275418.JPG

I forget which one this was, but it's one that is in the Flower tent now, I think it's Banana Crack
IMG_275220.JPG

Btw, just so everyone knows what the Feeding Cycle is.

For the first week or 2 of Flower I was using the Fox Farm Big Bloom and the Silicate.

I added Molasses in a good amount in each container, then got Frass. And since I added Frass to each container, I have not used any Fertilizer at all.

Today I put a Tablespoon of an Epsom Salt, Calcium mix on the top of the Soil (That is for Cal-Mag, if you noticed the Yellow Leaves in the video, that is because they need Cal-Mag), and I will add some more Frass, and some Cocoa Powder. I may also use the Fox Farm once or twice before Flushing.

And During Flush I will only use Bud Candy, Molasses and/or Cocoa Powder.

And this is the 5th day of the 5th week. Meaning there are less than 4 weeks left. And for anyone that has never seen a grow before (people viewing through the link or in the future), notice that about a week ago these had just gotten super hairy, then a week before that they had just gotten hairs on a few of them.

In another week these buds are going to get fatter, and taller. Then after another 2 days after that they go into the phase where they just get fatter and fatter. And that is 2 weeks. So, this is going to be a good harvest.

Also, just to have as much information for everyone as possible in this thread.

First Carbs, Carbs are used to help the plant "Finish the Marathon" and you can look up videos of people running Marathons and Collapsing. Everyone knows on some level, has heard at some point, that electrolytes are just Salt in Water with an Acid present (Fruit Acids in drinks). Chemistry is not hard. Carbs are used to finish the Marathon, but think about what else it can do. Humans have the Atkins diet, which is basically an all meat diet, but not really. You just don't eat Carbs is the whole thing. And people lose weight doing it, because if you cut out all carbs, or all sugars, or all fats, then you will lose weight, but may not have everything you body needs. So by giving the plant Carbs via Bud Candy, Molasses and Cocoa Powder; what is happening is they are getting all the building blocks they need, and maybe more.

Everyone knows what Molasses and Cocoa Powder are, Bud Candy is a product from Advanced Nutrients that basically is no better than a good Carb combo that you can make yourself. And what they advertise the product as is something that will make the buds bigger, have more trichombs, and more flavor (terpenes).

So by using Molasses and Cocoa Powder, I am adding ingredients that should add extra Carbs, and not just get them to the end, but have them get massive and full of terpenes.

Then second, there is the trim. This is going to be a good harvest with just the buds, but all the frosty leaves around the buds will be trimmed off and used to make Hash. And when I trim I don't mind chopping off some of the nug, because it is going to go into the Hash.

And I have a Separatory Funnel, and a Vacuum Purge, and a Soxhlet and Condenser and a Still and everything. So I will be showing everyone how to make Hash in this thread while the Malawi is finishing up, and while the next plants are in Flower, and while the seeds from this Harvest and the new seeds that I am not mentioning the name of the strain yet, are growing.

And these are going to have some good terpene profiles.

The 2 biggest plants in the videos are Strawberry Diesel and Strawberry Stardawg from Holy Smoke seeds, then I've got the Malawi, the South African Kwazulu and the Early Durban, then the Banana Crack, the Danky Kong and the Hindu Kush.

And just so everyone can see

This is about 100W LED, with Frass used, at day 60 of Flower.
[video=youtube;ddKqr7jvYas]
[/video]

The most recent video of mine is:
400W HPS
100W HPS
300W LED
315W LED

With Frass, and still 3 whole weeks left of Flowering.

You can tell a difference with my plants in just 2 days, let alone 3 weeks

These videos are only 2 days apart
[video=youtube;yTYMMFUZiM4]
[/video]

[video=youtube;Ci2ASLh4k58]
[/video]

Someone just made me aware of at least 1 Malawi Cross that they said is in regular circulation in California.
Equanimity - Cannabis Strain Report

This is a good start, I knew that there was the Malawi X C99, and other ones that are available but no one buys because of the Flowering times, but apparently there is at least 1 Strain that is local to California that is a 50% Malawi Cross.

Now all we need is for more people to do what I am doing. Make Multiple Malawi Crosses at once, then Cross the Crosses together, then Cross those Crosses with other high THCv strains (seeds for the other strain will be bought in a few weeks and I will start germinating them here while the Malawi finishes flowering).

I just did a foliar feeding with Silicate, just to have one last silicate absorbtion before they go into the nugging phase, and I thought about it and they haven't gotten any Silicate in about 4 Weeks, so they could maybe use it.

But just so everyone knows, while Silicate has been found to produce bigger, denser, heavier nugs. Dispensaries have been realizing that it is good to flush Silicate the same way you flush everything else. It's not going to actually remove the Silicate from the Cell Walls of the plant, but by not using Silicate for the last 2 weeks or so, it allows the plant to build regular nugs, on top of the Silicate reinforced branches and flower sites, rather than having the flowers/nugs themselves be full of Silicate, which actually ends up making them Rocky and harsh.

Back
Top Bottom